|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Prologue, John Forbes Nash, Jr. became well known as a mathematician in what year?
2. Kriegspiel refers to a chess variant based upon the original "Kriegsspiel" developed by whom?
(a) Henry Michael Temple.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Georg von Rassewitz.
(d) Lloyd Shapley.
3. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s maternal grandfather held what profession?
4. What religion did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s parents adopt?
5. What refers to a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas?
Short Answer Questions
1. John Forbes Nash, Jr. won a Westinghouse Scholarship to study where in Chapter One?
2. Who was the chairman of the mathematics department at Princeton when Nash began attending in Chapter Four?
3. When was the Rockefeller Foundation established?
4. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. when he arrived at Princeton in Chapter Three?
5. Where was John von Neumann born?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)