|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John von Neumann die?
2. For what division did Nash work at New York University in Chapter Thirty?
(a) The Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(b) The Antioch Institute of Technology.
(c) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
(d) The Harvard Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
3. In Chapter Twenty, Nash was challenged to solve the problem of what?
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) Game theory.
(d) The Pythagoreon Theorum.
4. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty?
(a) McLean Hospital.
(b) The Peace Clinic.
(c) The Carrier Clinic.
(d) Trenton State Hospital.
5. What is the name of the locked facility for men where Nash was contained in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Bowditch Hall.
(b) Jacobson's Hall.
(c) Evergreen Hall.
(d) Miller Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did the Korean War begin?
2. When was the original "Kriegsspiel" game developed?
3. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s maternal grandfather held what profession?
4. How old was Nash when he began teaching at MIT?
5. When was Paul Cohen born?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)