|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nash drove across country with his sister Martha and who during his second summer at RAND?
(a) Margaret Virginia Martin.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Ruth Hincks.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
2. What is the name of the child John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) Michael Jacob Nash.
(b) Thomas Abraham Nash.
(c) Robert Lewis Stier.
(d) John David Stier.
3. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
(a) Seattle, Washington.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
4. On what date was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s second son born?
(a) January 19, 1960.
(b) October 15, 1957.
(c) September 4, 1958.
(d) May 20, 1959.
5. When was Alicia Larde born?
(a) June 9, 1930.
(b) May 17, 1931.
(c) September 28, 1926.
(d) January 1, 1933.
Short Answer Questions
1. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
2. Princeton was building its faculty in what areas when John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived in Chapter Three?
3. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
4. What does IMU stand for?
5. Joseph McCarthy served as a Republican U.S. Senator from what state?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)