|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the chairman of the mathematics department at Princeton when Nash began attending in Chapter Four?
(a) John David Stier.
(b) Solomon Lefschetz.
(c) Norman Steenrod.
(d) Albert Einstein.
2. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) Geneva, Switzerland.
(b) London, England.
(c) Rejkavic, Iceland.
(d) Oslo, Norway.
3. In Chapter Twenty, Nash was challenged to solve the problem of what?
(a) The Pythagoreon Theorum.
(c) Game theory.
(d) The Manhattan Project.
4. What refers to a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas?
5. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. when he arrived at Princeton in Chapter Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Nash ask to be his thesis advisor in Chapter Ten?
2. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
3. What is the name of the locked facility for men where Nash was contained in Chapter Thirty-Six?
4. How much younger was John Forbes Nash, Jr. than his mistress Eleanor?
5. When did John von Neumann die?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)