|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Fourteen, Nash returned to Princeton to teach what while looking for a full-time position?
2. When was the original "Kriegsspiel" game developed?
3. According to the Prologue, John Forbes Nash, Jr. became well known as a mathematician in what year?
4. Who was the professor to whom Nash was closest at Princeton?
(a) Lloyd Shapley.
(b) Norman Steenrod.
(c) Oskar Morgenstern.
(d) Warren Ambrose.
5. Who was Lloyd Shapley's father?
(a) Mark Shapley.
(b) Harlow Shapley.
(c) Norman Shapley.
(d) John David Shapley.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Forbes Nash, Jr. was born on what date?
2. John Forbes Nash, Jr. became interested in mathematics at what age?
3. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what year, in Chapter Three?
4. Nash's theorem in Chapter Fifteen basically said that it is possible for every manifold to find a part that corresponds to what?
5. When did John von Neumann die?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)