|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lloyd Shapley born?
2. In Chapter Fourteen, Nash returned to Princeton to teach what while looking for a full-time position?
3. Nash presented a talk on his work at the International Congress of Mathematics when in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) December, 1949.
(b) March, 1953.
(c) April, 1952.
(d) September, 1950.
4. Where was Lloyd Shapley from?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) Bangor, Maine.
(c) St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
5. When was Jürgen Moser born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Princeton was building its faculty in what areas when John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived in Chapter Three?
2. During his first semester at Princeton, Nash would arrange his morning walk so he could see whom taking his morning walk?
3. What does IMU stand for?
4. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded by whom?
5. Chapter Twenty-Four discusses Nash's friendship with what MIT graduate student?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)