|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In May 1948, Project RAND became an independent non-profit organization with initial capital from where?
(a) The Ford Foundation.
(b) New York University.
(c) The International Mathematical Union.
(d) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
2. Princeton was building its faculty in what areas when John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived in Chapter Three?
(a) Geology and Earth Sciences.
(c) Foreign languages.
(d) Mathematics and Physics.
3. Between the ages of twenty-four and twenty-nine, Nash had how many children?
4. When did Jürgen Moser die?
5. In Chapter Ten, Nash developed an equilibrium point that could apply to more than two people and wasn't necessarily what?
(a) A game that could be lost.
(b) A winnable game.
(c) A zero-sum game.
(d) Mathematically accurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. when he arrived at Princeton in Chapter Three?
2. Who was the chairman of the mathematics department at Princeton when Nash began attending in Chapter Four?
3. Where is MIT located?
4. What is the name of the child John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
5. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s thesis for Princeton became known as what, as described in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)