|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Eleven describes Nash's friendship with Lloyd Shapley which began in what year?
2. Where in New York did John Forbes Nash, Jr. rent an apartment in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
(b) Greenwich Village.
(d) The Upper East Side.
3. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) The Water Dog.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Wooden Fish.
(d) The King James.
4. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s thesis for Princeton became known as what, as described in Chapter Ten?
(a) A zero-sum game.
(b) Nash equilibrium.
(c) The continuum hypothesis.
(d) Game theory.
5. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty?
(a) McLean Hospital.
(b) The Carrier Clinic.
(c) The Peace Clinic.
(d) Trenton State Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
2. Where did Alicia go to visit a cousin of hers in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
3. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
4. When was Lloyd Shapley born?
5. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)