Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don finally realize about his life before the accident?
2. What does Chris say he first thought about his father's injuries?
3. What most surprised Eva about Don right after the accident?
4. What does Don ask his three children to do?
5. What did Joyce love to listen to?
Essay Topic 1
Don has lost all control over his life and must lie helplessly while others try to help him. Despair seems the only available emotion at this stage.
1. Do you think Don's loss of control and how he feels about it is unusual for people in his situation? Why or why not?
2. Explain how you think you would feel and react if you were in Don's situation.
3. Why do you think someone might despair after having come back from the dead? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
All the odds seem to be against Don. The positive aspect of Don's return to life is almost overshadowed by a series of negative events.
1. Would you agree that the odds seemed to be against Don? Why or why not?
2. If a man was dead and came back to life, would you consider that a negative event? Why or why not?
3. Discuss the positive and negative events that occurred in Don's life the day of the accident.
Essay Topic 3
The boys respect the fact that Don cannot run and play like he once did and do their best to shelter their father from any disappointment by not engaging in sports with him.
1. Why do you think the boys decided to not engage in any sports with him? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think the boys should have handled sports in a different manner? Why or why not?
3. Do you think Don appreciated his sons not participating in sports with him or did it make him feel worse? Why or why not?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)