|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don choose to tell his story to secondly?
2. What does Don tell Brad about how he felt when recovering?
3. What does Don believe about why he didn't die?
4. How did Don normally feel about people who say they've had a near death experience?
5. Who does he call who is in an Iliazrov Frame after the television show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with a classmate of Nicole's at the university?
2. With whom does Don finally share his entire story and how did it go?
3. Why does Don think he is able to help others in pain or recovery from injury?
4. Where did Don go in Houston and what did he have to do to get a seat? Why?
5. What is one of the worst parts of Don's recovery and how do they handle it?
6. How does Don deal with telling his story now?
7. Who sees Don off when he leaves the hospital and what do they expect?
8. What does a woman who called in at a radio station tell Don and what does Don do about it?
9. What kind of award does Nicole receive and how did she qualify for it?
10. Who does Don meet at the arena in Houston? What happens when he meets him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Don has lost all control over his life and must lie helplessly while others try to help him. Despair seems the only available emotion at this stage.
1. Do you think Don's loss of control and how he feels about it is unusual for people in his situation? Why or why not?
2. Explain how you think you would feel and react if you were in Don's situation.
3. Why do you think someone might despair after having come back from the dead? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
All the odds seem to be against Don. The positive aspect of Don's return to life is almost overshadowed by a series of negative events.
1. Would you agree that the odds seemed to be against Don? Why or why not?
2. If a man was dead and came back to life, would you consider that a negative event? Why or why not?
3. Discuss the positive and negative events that occurred in Don's life the day of the accident.
Essay Topic 3
Although Don is surrounded by a large number of visitors, he is utterly alone. The cloud of depression that has settled over him will not dissipate and is made larger by his inability to share his feelings with anyone.
1. Why do you think Don feels so alone? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Don is depressed even though he has come back from the dead and is surrounded by people who love him. Why do you think Don is depressed? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Explain why you think Don should or shouldn't share his feelings with others.
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)