|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don feel about being dead?
2. Why does Don refuse to talk to anyone about his experience in heaven?
3. Why is Don on the verge of death again six days after the accident?
4. Who invented the Iliazrov frame?
5. How soon after the truck hit Don was he in heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a justice of the peace called to the scene?
2. What is Don thinking about a few days after the accident and the events surrounding it?
3. What is one thing that happens that gives Don hope?
4. What is the Iliazrov Frame and how is it used?
5. What does Don see when he first arrives in heaven?
6. What is the conference Don attended focused upon?
7. Who does Don meet in the hospital that helps him and how do they meet?
8. Why does Eva decide to limit the number of visitors Don sees a day?
9. What are some of the coincidences that occurred around Don's accident that help him survive?
10. How does Don feel about being in heaven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The accident acts as a catalyst for the rest of the story.
1. What do you think the above statement means?
2. Discuss what you believe about whether one turn of events can change a person's life forever.
3. Do you think the paramedics were careless about declaring Don dead? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Most people would have prayed for Don's soul to find a happy home in heaven, not that a dead man would have no internal injuries. In the face of such insurmountable odds, Dick's prayers seem futile and ridiculous.
1. What kind of person do you think Dick is given his actions at the accident site?
2. Do you think if you were in Dick's position you would have done what he did? Why or why not?
3. Do you agree with the last sentence above? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Don continues to suffer from severe depression. He is battling anger, which is often unleashed on the medical staff.
1. Discuss why Don might take his anger out on the medical staff.
2. Discuss how you think you would feel in Don's position?
3. Why do you think the staff tolerates Don's anger and abuse?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)