|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the EMT persons tell Don about the red car?
2. Why does Dick scramble from Don's car?
3. What do the nurses clean Don's needle holes with everyday?
4. How is Don feeling emotionally as he is in the hospital?
5. What does Don wish as he lays in bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the paramedics do about Don when they first arrive at the scene of the accident?
2. How does Don feel about being in heaven?
3. What does Dick do when he goes to Don's car?
4. What is the Iliazrov Frame and how is it used?
5. Who are Dick and Anita and what did they do as they were driving home?
6. What does one of the EMTs tell Dick and what does he do?
7. Who does Don meet in the hospital that helps him and how do they meet?
8. What does Don not experience and what does he experience when he dies?
9. What happened to the people in the other cars that were hit?
10. What does Jay Perkins tell Don about his independent attitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dick's wife, Anita, leans over to Don and whispers that Dick never held Don's hand. Don stares at her in disbelief as Anita explains how Dick had to squeeze through the trunk and was barely able to reach Don's shoulder. Don's hand was laying on the passenger side door and there was no possible way Dick could have reached it. Don realizes that the hand he felt holding him tightly was an angel's. Don realizes that even when he does not feel it, that hand is always there supporting Don as he moves through life.
1. Do you think Don was hallucinating someone holding his hand? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Dick's wife should have told Don the truth about where Dick was? Why or why not?
3. Do you think it was an angel holding Don's hand when he woke? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Wrapping it up. Choose one of the following and write a cohesive essay using specific examples and details to illustrate your stance:
1. Trace a major theme in the book using examples from numerous points in the book. Tell why you think it is a major theme and any symbols that illustrate the theme.
2. Compare and contrast who Don is at the beginning of the book versus the Don at the end of the book. Use details and examples to illustrate your points.
3. What do you think might have been the author's reason (i.e., the author's agenda) for writing this book? Give detailed examples to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Now that Eva is the only breadwinner and decision maker, she gains a new confidence in herself. She also appreciates Don more for all the hard work he shoulders for the family.
1. What do you think this statement implies about Eva before the accident?
2. Do you think the above statement implies that Eva felt inferior to her husband? Why or why not?
3. Explain how you believe a woman who believes in total equality between the sexes would view the above statement.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)