|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like the day of Don's accident?
2. Why does Don refuse to talk to anyone about his experience in heaven?
3. When the EMTs checked on Don for the second time what did they find out?
4. What have the doctors told Eva about Don's chances with the pneumonia?
5. What do the EMTs find when they return to Don's car with Dick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Don thinking about a few days after the accident and the events surrounding it?
2. Where does Don go after he leaves the accident scene?
3. What is the Iliazrov Frame and how is it used?
4. What is the conference Don attended focused upon?
5. Why is a justice of the peace called to the scene?
6. What are the first injuries Don has that they fix immediately at the hospital?
7. What does Dick do when he goes to Don's car?
8. What does Don hear as he draws closer to the gate?
9. What does Jay Perkins tell Don about his independent attitude?
10. What happens six days after Don's accident and what are Eva's and David Gentiles' response? What do the doctors discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Don struggles to process what has happened to him, various people point out that Don must open himself up if he is going to survive. Don must accept the help of others, learn to share his story and adjust to a new way of living his life.
1. Discuss why it might be necessary for Don to open himself up to survive. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think everyone needs to learn to accept help from others? Why or why not?
3. What are some of the ways you've seen in the book that Don is adjusting to a new way of life?
Essay Topic 2
All the odds seem to be against Don. The positive aspect of Don's return to life is almost overshadowed by a series of negative events.
1. Would you agree that the odds seemed to be against Don? Why or why not?
2. If a man was dead and came back to life, would you consider that a negative event? Why or why not?
3. Discuss the positive and negative events that occurred in Don's life the day of the accident.
Essay Topic 3
Although Don is surrounded by a large number of visitors, he is utterly alone. The cloud of depression that has settled over him will not dissipate and is made larger by his inability to share his feelings with anyone.
1. Why do you think Don feels so alone? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Don is depressed even though he has come back from the dead and is surrounded by people who love him. Why do you think Don is depressed? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Explain why you think Don should or shouldn't share his feelings with others.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)