|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Don normally feel about people who say they've had a near death experience?
2. What does Don's story give the lady who was sobbing?
(a) Fear for not being saved.
(b) Hope for herself.
(c) Something to think about.
(d) Peace about people dying.
3. What does one study claim is the reason for near death experiences?
(a) Pain killing drugs.
(b) Wishful thinking.
(c) Strong beliefs.
(d) The deprivation of oxygen to the brain.
4. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) So she wouldn't patronize him.
(b) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(c) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
(d) To not scream at him.
5. What does Chris do every day when he comes home from school?
(a) Plays the piano for Don.
(b) Gives his father a hug.
(c) Watches television with Don.
(d) Eats a sandwich Don fixes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Don find out later about when he woke and was singing?
2. To whom does Don first tell the entire story?
3. What does a nurse suggest to Don about his frustrations?
4. What miracle does Don believe God has performed on him?
5. Who almost loses his leg when his motorcycle crashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of award does Nicole receive and how did she qualify for it?
2. What is one of the worst parts of Don's recovery and how do they handle it?
3. What is one of the major changes Eva faces during Don's recovery? How does Don react to that change?
4. How is Don's emotional health by Chapter Ten?
5. What are some of the obstacles Don faces in daily living because of his physical problems?
6. What does Don say at Joyce's memorial service?
7. Where did Don go in Houston and what did he have to do to get a seat? Why?
8. What do a couple of the studies on near death experiences say and what is Don's answer to them?
9. Who sees Don off when he leaves the hospital and what do they expect?
10. What did Don do instead of watching more television and what was the end result?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)