|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don feel about his life now?
(a) It is still painful.
(b) He wants to return to heaven.
(c) He still feels depressed.
(d) There is always a presence with him.
2. What does Nicole receive for an award?
(a) A new Bible.
(b) A crown and scepter.
(c) A scholarship to church camp.
(d) A new hymnal.
3. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
(a) Got in a fight with his mother.
(b) Gave his father a gentle hug.
(c) Gave his father a homemade present.
(d) Offered to clean the house.
4. What did Don see when he was leaning against the wall to catch his breath after going to the balcony in the arena?
(a) The entire youth group standing up.
(b) A young boy in a wheelchair.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) The doctor who operated on him.
5. What does Don finally realize about his life before the accident?
(a) He will never have that back.
(b) It wasn't as good as now.
(c) It was better than now.
(d) He doesn't think about his previous life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
2. What does one friend ask Don?
3. How did Don normally feel about people who say they've had a near death experience?
4. What does Joe wish most about the situation?
5. What did Don believe he felt when he came to singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the worst parts of Don's recovery and how do they handle it?
2. What does Don need when he returns home and how are those needs met?
3. What kind of people does Don seem to meet?
4. What does Don tell about waking up and having someone holding his hand and what does he find out about that?
5. After several years what had Don told Eva about his death?
6. How did his accident affect his mother and how does she help out?
7. Why has Don agreed to see a local police officer?
8. What does David challenge Don to do and what happens?
9. Why does Don think he is able to help others in pain or recovery from injury?
10. What kind of award does Nicole receive and how did she qualify for it?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)