|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eva see her husband?
(a) As being a fourth child she has to care for.
(b) As being both good and bad.
(c) As too angry.
(d) As a remarkable man.
2. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A good job and happy life.
(b) A book on their sins.
(c) A plan for his/her life.
(d) A certain number of days.
3. What happened to Sue Fayle's husband?
(a) He divorced her.
(b) He was killed in a car wreck.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He disappeared.
4. The night before he leaves the hospital what does he know?
(a) That his children will take care of him.
(b) That God is always with him.
(c) That he will walk again.
(d) That the pain will be gone in a week.
5. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
(a) She sang at the wrong time.
(b) She laughed when Don stood up.
(c) She couldn't hit the high notes.
(d) Her choice of music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the long prognosis for Don?
2. What does Chris say he first thought about his father's injuries?
3. What does a nurse suggest to Don about his frustrations?
4. Who almost loses his leg when his motorcycle crashes?
5. What does Don wish someone had given him when he was recovering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of award does Nicole receive and how did she qualify for it?
2. What is one of the worst parts of Don's recovery and how do they handle it?
3. Where did Don go in Houston and what did he have to do to get a seat? Why?
4. What happened with a classmate of Nicole's at the university?
5. What does Don think about his children through his ordeal?
6. What does Don tell about waking up and having someone holding his hand and what does he find out about that?
7. With whom does Don finally share his entire story and how did it go?
8. What does Don ask of his three children and how do they respond?
9. What kind of people does Don seem to meet?
10. After several years what had Don told Eva about his death?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)