|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick Onerecker do about his experience with Don?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He also feels he must tell the story.
(c) He is feeling very holy.
(d) He feels he should keep his mouth shut.
2. What happened to Sue Fayle's husband?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He was killed in a car wreck.
(d) He divorced her.
3. How did one of Nicole's classmates come in contact with Don?
(a) Nicole brings him home.
(b) Nicole brings him to meet her father for dinner.
(c) Don visits the school for a speaking engagement.
(d) Don meets him at a bookstore.
4. What does Don finally realize about his life before the accident?
(a) It wasn't as good as now.
(b) He doesn't think about his previous life.
(c) It was better than now.
(d) He will never have that back.
5. What does a nurse suggest to Don about his frustrations?
(a) He yelled to let them out.
(b) He take up bed yoga.
(c) He meditate.
(d) He pray more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Chad?
2. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
3. Why is Don reluctant to share his story?
4. What had Don at first told Eva about his death?
5. What is the worst part of Don's recovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a woman who called in at a radio station tell Don and what does Don do about it?
2. Who begins crying when Don is speaking at a church and why? What did she tell Don?
3. What kind of award does Nicole receive and how did she qualify for it?
4. With whom does Don finally share his entire story and how did it go?
5. Why has Don agreed to see a local police officer?
6. Why does Don think he is able to help others in pain or recovery from injury?
7. How did his accident affect his mother and how does she help out?
8. In what other way besides accident victim does Don help people?
9. What does Don need when he returns home and how are those needs met?
10. What is one of the major changes Eva faces during Don's recovery? How does Don react to that change?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)