|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
2. How does Don continue to feel emotionally?
3. What did Don see when he was leaning against the wall to catch his breath after going to the balcony in the arena?
(a) A young boy in a wheelchair.
(b) The entire youth group standing up.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) The doctor who operated on him.
4. What does Chris do every day when he comes home from school?
(a) Plays the piano for Don.
(b) Eats a sandwich Don fixes.
(c) Gives his father a hug.
(d) Watches television with Don.
5. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
(b) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(c) To not scream at him.
(d) So she wouldn't patronize him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don decide he can do a week after being home?
2. What happens to the individual whose motorcycle crashed?
3. When Don feels filled with peace the night before he leaves the hospital, what doesn't he know?
4. How does Eva see her husband?
5. What do the twins quit doing around their father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprised Eva most about Don in the months after the accident and what did she do about it? How does she view Don?
2. In what other way besides accident victim does Don help people?
3. What are some of the obstacles Don faces in daily living because of his physical problems?
4. What did Don do instead of watching more television and what was the end result?
5. How does Don deal with telling his story now?
6. Why has Don agreed to see a local police officer?
7. What does Don say to the police officer, Brad and his wife?
8. What does David challenge Don to do and what happens?
9. What does Don need when he returns home and how are those needs met?
10. What kind of people does Don seem to meet?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)