|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don get home when he leaves the hospital?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) His pastor picks him up.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) His wife picks him up.
2. How does Don feel about his life now?
(a) He wants to return to heaven.
(b) There is always a presence with him.
(c) He still feels depressed.
(d) It is still painful.
3. What did Nicole call to tell her father several months after he was at her school?
(a) Her classmate was in the hospital.
(b) Her classmate had passed away.
(c) Her classmate left school.
(d) Her classmate applied to seminary.
4. What does Chris do every day when he comes home from school?
(a) Gives his father a hug.
(b) Eats a sandwich Don fixes.
(c) Plays the piano for Don.
(d) Watches television with Don.
5. What happened to Sue Fayle's husband?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He was killed in a car wreck.
(c) He divorced her.
(d) He died of cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Don convinced God answers prayer?
2. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
3. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
4. Who does Don choose to tell his story to secondly?
5. How does Don feel telling the story now?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Don finally share his entire story and how did it go?
2. What two things does Don realize after sharing his story with others?
3. What does Don think about his children through his ordeal?
4. What does Don need when he returns home and how are those needs met?
5. What are some of the obstacles Don faces in daily living because of his physical problems?
6. What is one of the major changes Eva faces during Don's recovery? How does Don react to that change?
7. Who begins crying when Don is speaking at a church and why? What did she tell Don?
8. Who sees Don off when he leaves the hospital and what do they expect?
9. What is one of the worst parts of Don's recovery and how do they handle it?
10. What does Don say at Joyce's memorial service?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)