|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe wish most about the situation?
(a) That his father returns to his job.
(b) That his father's legs get better.
(c) That he can live with his grandparents.
(d) That their father could participate more in their lives.
2. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A good job and happy life.
(b) A book on their sins.
(c) A plan for his/her life.
(d) A certain number of days.
3. What does Don say about his experience in heaven?
(a) He can't explain it.
(b) It could possibly have been oxygen deprivation.
(c) He thinks he may have imagined it.
(d) He wished it hadn't happened.
4. What does Don do with Brad and his wife?
(a) Goes to physical therapy with them.
(b) Gives them advice.
(c) Takes them to dinner.
(d) Invites them to church.
5. What happened to Don's mother the first time she saw him in ICU?
(a) She sobbed.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She slipped on water and fell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don's story give the lady who was sobbing?
2. What does Don think the staff expects of him when he leaves?
3. What does Don tell Chad?
4. What did Don see when he was leaning against the wall to catch his breath after going to the balcony in the arena?
5. What does Don decide he can do a week after being home?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Don finally share his entire story and how did it go?
2. Why has Don agreed to see a local police officer?
3. What is one of the major changes Eva faces during Don's recovery? How does Don react to that change?
4. Who does Don meet at the arena in Houston? What happens when he meets him?
5. What does Don need when he returns home and how are those needs met?
6. Who begins crying when Don is speaking at a church and why? What did she tell Don?
7. After several years what had Don told Eva about his death?
8. What does Don tell about waking up and having someone holding his hand and what does he find out about that?
9. What does Don say at Joyce's memorial service?
10. What does a woman who called in at a radio station tell Don and what does Don do about it?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)