|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A book on their sins.
(b) A good job and happy life.
(c) A plan for his/her life.
(d) A certain number of days.
2. What does Don's story give the lady who was sobbing?
(a) Hope for herself.
(b) Peace about people dying.
(c) Something to think about.
(d) Fear for not being saved.
3. How does Charlie when he is diagnosed with cancer after Don talks to him?
(a) Like he had been healed.
(b) Peaceful and ready to see heaven.
(c) Ready to kill himself.
(d) Joyful he is dying.
4. The night before he leaves the hospital what does he know?
(a) That he will walk again.
(b) That the pain will be gone in a week.
(c) That God is always with him.
(d) That his children will take care of him.
5. How do people react to Don's story when he's telling it?
(b) Eager to listen and ask questions.
(c) Sad to have missed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Don's main questions of the medical staff?
2. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
3. Who is Chad Vowell?
4. What kind of car did Don's son, Joe, decide to buy?
5. How does Don think his story can help people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Don meet at the arena in Houston? What happens when he meets him?
2. Why does Don think he is able to help others in pain or recovery from injury?
3. What does a woman who called in at a radio station tell Don and what does Don do about it?
4. What are some of the obstacles Don faces in daily living because of his physical problems?
5. What kind of award does Nicole receive and how did she qualify for it?
6. How is Don's emotional health by Chapter Ten?
7. Who begins crying when Don is speaking at a church and why? What did she tell Don?
8. What happened with a classmate of Nicole's at the university?
9. After several years what had Don told Eva about his death?
10. What does Don ask of his three children and how do they respond?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)