|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don feel telling the story now?
(a) He loves to tell it.
(b) He is indifferent to it.
(c) He still struggles with it.
(d) He is reluctant but willing.
2. Who is Chad Vowell?
(a) The pastor at South Park.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) A former youth minister at South Park.
(d) A friend of his twin sons.
3. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A good job and happy life.
(b) A plan for his/her life.
(c) A book on their sins.
(d) A certain number of days.
4. What did Joyce love to listen to?
(a) Don's story of heaven.
(b) Rock and roll.
(c) Television preachers.
(d) Gospel music.
5. What does one study claim is the reason for near death experiences?
(a) The deprivation of oxygen to the brain.
(b) Pain killing drugs.
(c) Wishful thinking.
(d) Strong beliefs.
6. What kinds of people does Don seem to come in contact with following his recovery?
(a) Religious people.
(b) Healthy people.
(c) Those who don't believe his story.
(d) Those needing to hear his story.
7. Why is Don reluctant to share his story?
(a) People will think he's lying.
(b) People will think he's crazy.
(c) People will think he's a saint.
(d) He cries everytime he tells it.
8. What had Don at first told Eva about his death?
(a) All of it.
(b) A tiny portion.
(c) Everything but the singing.
(d) He didn't tell her about wanting to stay.
9. How is Chad's emotional state when Don visits?
(a) He is happy to be alive.
(b) He's agitated and belligerent.
(c) He has a sullen, monotone persona.
(d) He is excited.
10. How does Don think his story can help people?
(a) Make them serious about living.
(b) Make them religious.
(c) Take away the fear of death.
(d) Keep them from sin.
11. What does Chris say he first thought about his father's injuries?
(a) He didn't really know what to think.
(b) He thought his father would die.
(c) He was indifferent.
(d) He denied the extent of the injuries.
12. What has Eva had to do since Don's accident?
(a) Work two jobs.
(b) Take over as head of the household.
(c) Do all the driving.
(d) Put up with his anger.
13. What does Don do with Brad and his wife?
(a) Invites them to church.
(b) Takes them to dinner.
(c) Gives them advice.
(d) Goes to physical therapy with them.
14. The night before he leaves the hospital what does he know?
(a) That his children will take care of him.
(b) That the pain will be gone in a week.
(c) That he will walk again.
(d) That God is always with him.
15. Why did a woman start sobbing as Don was telling his story at a church?
(a) Her mother had recently passed away.
(b) Her brother was sick.
(c) She was ill and dying.
(d) Her father had recently passed away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the long prognosis for Don?
2. What did Nicole call to tell her father several months after he was at her school?
3. Why does Don feel badly about his children?
4. To what does Don look forward?
5. What kind of feelings does Joe say he has?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)