|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a woman is dying in the hospital her daughter plays a tape for her. What was she listening to when she died?
(a) Don's description of heaven.
(b) The song, What a Friend we Have in Jesus
(c) Don's preaching on salvation.
(d) Don talking about his recovery.
2. What has Eva had to do since Don's accident?
(a) Put up with his anger.
(b) Do all the driving.
(c) Take over as head of the household.
(d) Work two jobs.
3. What does Chris say he first thought about his father's injuries?
(a) He thought his father would die.
(b) He denied the extent of the injuries.
(c) He didn't really know what to think.
(d) He was indifferent.
4. How does Don think his story can help people?
(a) Take away the fear of death.
(b) Keep them from sin.
(c) Make them religious.
(d) Make them serious about living.
5. What does Dick Onerecker do about his experience with Don?
(a) He is feeling very holy.
(b) He also feels he must tell the story.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He feels he should keep his mouth shut.
6. Why did a woman start sobbing as Don was telling his story at a church?
(a) Her mother had recently passed away.
(b) Her father had recently passed away.
(c) She was ill and dying.
(d) Her brother was sick.
7. What did Joyce love to listen to?
(a) Television preachers.
(b) Don's story of heaven.
(c) Gospel music.
(d) Rock and roll.
8. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) To not scream at him.
(b) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(c) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
(d) So she wouldn't patronize him.
9. What happened to Don's mother the first time she saw him in ICU?
(a) She sobbed.
(b) She fainted.
(c) She slipped on water and fell.
(d) She screamed.
10. Who takes care of Don when Eva take the children on a week long camping trip?
(a) David Gentiles.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A hired nurse.
11. What does one friend ask Don?
(a) Has he talked to a psychiatrist.
(b) Didn't he think he was meant to share it.
(c) Does his wife know he didn't think of her.
(d) Will his children be afraid of him.
12. Who is Chad Vowell?
(a) A former youth minister at South Park.
(b) The pastor at South Park.
(c) A friend of his twin sons.
(d) His brother-in-law.
13. What kind of feelings does Joe say he has?
(a) Separation anxiety.
(b) Joy at his father's life.
(c) Calm and peaceful feelings.
(d) Depression and anger.
14. What kind of car did Don's son, Joe, decide to buy?
(a) A Ford Ranger.
(b) A Hummer.
(c) A Ford Mustang.
(d) A Chevy pick-up.
15. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
(a) Her choice of music.
(b) She laughed when Don stood up.
(c) She sang at the wrong time.
(d) She couldn't hit the high notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who almost loses his leg when his motorcycle crashes?
2. What does Don listen to on the cassette player Eva brought him?
3. What does one study claim is the reason for near death experiences?
4. What amazes Don most about being on the television show?
5. What did Don believe he felt when he came to singing?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)