|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a nurse suggest to Don about his frustrations?
(a) He take up bed yoga.
(b) He yelled to let them out.
(c) He meditate.
(d) He pray more.
2. When a woman is dying in the hospital her daughter plays a tape for her. What was she listening to when she died?
(a) Don's description of heaven.
(b) Don's preaching on salvation.
(c) The song, What a Friend we Have in Jesus
(d) Don talking about his recovery.
3. What does Don think he is doing when he tells people of his time in heaven?
(a) Preparing them for their journey to heaven.
(b) Making them want to be better people.
(c) Gaining sympathy.
(d) Making them become Christians.
4. What does Don wish someone had given him when he was recovering?
(a) A good back scratcher.
(c) Knowledge of the entire procedure.
(d) Tough love.
5. Who is Chad Vowell?
(a) A friend of his twin sons.
(b) A former youth minister at South Park.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) The pastor at South Park.
6. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
(b) To not scream at him.
(c) So she wouldn't patronize him.
(d) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
7. How many days did Don spend in the hospital?
8. On whom does Don often take his anger out?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(c) The medical staff.
(d) The minister.
9. What did Charlie say he would do if he was ever diagnosed with cancer?
(a) He would depend on prayer for healing.
(b) He would go to Mexico for treatment.
(c) He would take chemotherapy.
(d) He would kill himself.
10. From where does Nicole say she gets help?
(a) Her grandparents.
(c) The youth group leader.
11. What kind of car did Don's son, Joe, decide to buy?
(a) A Hummer.
(b) A Ford Ranger.
(c) A Chevy pick-up.
(d) A Ford Mustang.
12. How does one friend think Don is supposed to use the story?
(a) To encourage people.
(b) To scare people into believing in God.
(c) To prove he is special.
(d) To show that the brain helps a person when dying.
13. How does Don describe Joyce, Eva's sister-in-law?
(a) She was quiet and demur.
(b) A fireball of a woman who loved to sing.
(c) She was depressed often.
(d) She was a holy woman.
14. What miracle does Don believe God has performed on him?
(a) That he is not dead.
(b) That his wife is still with him.
(c) That he can walk.
(d) That he was the only one in the car.
15. What does Don's story give the lady who was sobbing?
(a) Something to think about.
(b) Peace about people dying.
(c) Fear for not being saved.
(d) Hope for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the church move Don and his family to a new home?
2. For how long does Don have trouble discussing his trip to heaven?
3. To what does Don look forward?
4. What does the first friend he shares the story with believe?
5. What kinds of people does Don seem to come in contact with following his recovery?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)