|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom does Don often take his anger out?
(a) The minister.
(b) The medical staff.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
2. How does one friend think Don is supposed to use the story?
(a) To prove he is special.
(b) To scare people into believing in God.
(c) To show that the brain helps a person when dying.
(d) To encourage people.
3. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
(a) Offered to clean the house.
(b) Gave his father a gentle hug.
(c) Gave his father a homemade present.
(d) Got in a fight with his mother.
4. What miracle does Don believe God has performed on him?
(a) That he was the only one in the car.
(b) That he is not dead.
(c) That his wife is still with him.
(d) That he can walk.
5. What happened to Sue Fayle's husband?
(a) He was killed in a car wreck.
(b) He disappeared.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He divorced her.
6. What does a nurse suggest to Don about his frustrations?
(a) He meditate.
(b) He pray more.
(c) He take up bed yoga.
(d) He yelled to let them out.
7. Why did Don and the youth group sit in the top of the auditorium in Houston?
(a) They get a late start.
(b) Those seats had a good view.
(c) It was the seats on their tickets.
(d) Don wanted to get some exercise.
8. What does Joe wish most about the situation?
(a) That he can live with his grandparents.
(b) That their father could participate more in their lives.
(c) That his father's legs get better.
(d) That his father returns to his job.
9. To whom does Don first tell the entire story?
(a) David Gentiles.
(c) His church.
(d) His pastor.
10. Who takes care of Don when Eva take the children on a week long camping trip?
(a) David Gentiles.
(b) A hired nurse.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. What does Dick Onerecker do about his experience with Don?
(a) He is feeling very holy.
(b) He feels he should keep his mouth shut.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He also feels he must tell the story.
12. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A book on their sins.
(b) A plan for his/her life.
(c) A good job and happy life.
(d) A certain number of days.
13. From where does Nicole say she gets help?
(a) The youth group leader.
(c) Her grandparents.
14. What kinds of people does Don seem to come in contact with following his recovery?
(a) Religious people.
(b) Those who don't believe his story.
(c) Healthy people.
(d) Those needing to hear his story.
15. Why is Don reluctant to share his story?
(a) People will think he's lying.
(b) People will think he's a saint.
(c) He cries everytime he tells it.
(d) People will think he's crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don wish someone had given him when he was recovering?
2. How does Don think his story can help people?
3. Who does Don choose to tell his story to secondly?
4. How does Don describe Joyce, Eva's sister-in-law?
5. Why does Don feel badly about his children?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)