|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris say he first thought about his father's injuries?
(a) He didn't really know what to think.
(b) He was indifferent.
(c) He denied the extent of the injuries.
(d) He thought his father would die.
2. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A certain number of days.
(b) A good job and happy life.
(c) A book on their sins.
(d) A plan for his/her life.
3. What happened to Chad?
(a) He was shot in a drive by shooting.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He had a skiing accident.
(d) He was injured overseas in the army.
4. How do people react to Don's story when he's telling it?
(b) Sad to have missed it.
(c) Eager to listen and ask questions.
5. On whom does Don often take his anger out?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(c) The medical staff.
(d) The minister.
6. What does Dick Onerecker do about his experience with Don?
(a) He is feeling very holy.
(b) He also feels he must tell the story.
(c) He feels he should keep his mouth shut.
(d) He is confused.
7. Why does Don feel badly about his children?
(a) He can't play with them.
(b) They have to deal with a difficult situation.
(c) They don't get enough attention from Eva.
(d) They have to be quiet when he's sleeping.
8. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
(a) Gave his father a gentle hug.
(b) Got in a fight with his mother.
(c) Offered to clean the house.
(d) Gave his father a homemade present.
9. What kinds of people does Don seem to come in contact with following his recovery?
(a) Those who don't believe his story.
(b) Religious people.
(c) Those needing to hear his story.
(d) Healthy people.
10. To what does Don look forward?
(a) Running a marathon.
(b) Having another child.
(c) Returning to heaven.
(d) Playing ball with his sons.
11. From where does Nicole say she gets help?
(b) The youth group leader.
(d) Her grandparents.
12. What does Don say about his experience in heaven?
(a) He thinks he may have imagined it.
(b) He can't explain it.
(c) It could possibly have been oxygen deprivation.
(d) He wished it hadn't happened.
13. What did Don see when he was leaning against the wall to catch his breath after going to the balcony in the arena?
(a) A young boy in a wheelchair.
(b) The doctor who operated on him.
(c) The entire youth group standing up.
(d) His wife and children.
14. What is the worst part of Don's recovery?
(a) Having his wife stronger than him.
(b) The pain of physical therapy.
(c) Having to send the children away.
(d) Not being a minister.
15. What did Don find out later about when he woke and was singing?
(a) He didn't find out anything.
(b) No one was holding his hand.
(c) It was dusk and the sun was not shining.
(d) His grandfather was dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don often criticize about Eva?
2. What does Don realize about the way he has treated the staff?
3. What does Joe wish most about the situation?
4. What does Don think the staff expects of him when he leaves?
5. What does Don's story give the lady who was sobbing?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)