|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did one of Nicole's classmates come in contact with Don?
(a) Nicole brings him home.
(b) Don meets him at a bookstore.
(c) Don visits the school for a speaking engagement.
(d) Nicole brings him to meet her father for dinner.
2. What does one friend ask Don?
(a) Didn't he think he was meant to share it.
(b) Does his wife know he didn't think of her.
(c) Will his children be afraid of him.
(d) Has he talked to a psychiatrist.
3. How does Don get home when he leaves the hospital?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) His wife picks him up.
(c) His pastor picks him up.
(d) A helicopter.
4. What does Don believe about why he didn't die?
(a) He has a purpose to fulfill.
(b) His wife is really bad at business decisions.
(c) His children needed him.
(d) Dick needed to have faith in prayer.
5. When a woman is dying in the hospital her daughter plays a tape for her. What was she listening to when she died?
(a) Don's preaching on salvation.
(b) Don talking about his recovery.
(c) Don's description of heaven.
(d) The song, What a Friend we Have in Jesus
6. Who almost loses his leg when his motorcycle crashes?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A member of Don's church.
(c) A young teenager.
(d) A policeman.
7. What is the worst part of Don's recovery?
(a) Having his wife stronger than him.
(b) Not being a minister.
(c) Having to send the children away.
(d) The pain of physical therapy.
8. What happened to Don's mother the first time she saw him in ICU?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She sobbed.
(d) She slipped on water and fell.
9. Why does Don feel badly about his children?
(a) They don't get enough attention from Eva.
(b) They have to deal with a difficult situation.
(c) They have to be quiet when he's sleeping.
(d) He can't play with them.
10. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A book on their sins.
(b) A plan for his/her life.
(c) A certain number of days.
(d) A good job and happy life.
11. What did Don believe he felt when he came to singing?
(a) The semi-truck hitting him again.
(b) Dick holding his hand.
(c) His grandfather's hug.
(d) A warm, glowing light shining on him.
12. Who does Don choose to tell his story to secondly?
(a) His pastor.
(b) His children.
(c) His church.
(d) Two friends.
13. What is the long prognosis for Don?
(a) There is no long term prognosis.
(b) He'll die of old age.
(c) He will be fine.
(d) He will not live a long, productive life.
14. How is Don taken care of at home with Eva gone to work?
(a) His mother moves in with them.
(b) The children rotate the duty.
(c) The church uses volunteers.
(d) They have a day nurse.
15. How does one friend think Don is supposed to use the story?
(a) To show that the brain helps a person when dying.
(b) To encourage people.
(c) To scare people into believing in God.
(d) To prove he is special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of people does Don seem to come in contact with following his recovery?
2. What does Nicole receive for an award?
3. What did Don do the night before he left the hospital?
4. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
5. What do the twins quit doing around their father?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)