|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Eva had to do since Don's accident?
(a) Do all the driving.
(b) Take over as head of the household.
(c) Work two jobs.
(d) Put up with his anger.
2. What does Don decide he can do a week after being home?
(a) Go to the movies with Eva.
(b) Attend church.
(c) Sit out on the lawn.
(d) Go to the store.
3. Who told Don about what really happened at the accident when he woke?
(a) No one.
(b) The EMTs.
(c) His wife.
(d) Dick's wife.
4. How does one friend think Don is supposed to use the story?
(a) To scare people into believing in God.
(b) To encourage people.
(c) To prove he is special.
(d) To show that the brain helps a person when dying.
5. What did Don believe he felt when he came to singing?
(a) His grandfather's hug.
(b) A warm, glowing light shining on him.
(c) Dick holding his hand.
(d) The semi-truck hitting him again.
6. How does Don feel telling the story now?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He loves to tell it.
(c) He still struggles with it.
(d) He is reluctant but willing.
7. How does Don describe Joyce, Eva's sister-in-law?
(a) A fireball of a woman who loved to sing.
(b) She was depressed often.
(c) She was a holy woman.
(d) She was quiet and demur.
8. How many days did Don spend in the hospital?
9. What amazes Don most about being on the television show?
(a) That he was able to help someone due to exposure.
(b) That his wife looked so good on television.
(c) That he wore a suit for the first time since the accident.
(d) That they would want to hear his story.
10. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
11. What does Nicole receive for an award?
(a) A scholarship to church camp.
(b) A crown and scepter.
(c) A new hymnal.
(d) A new Bible.
12. What does Don finally realize about his life before the accident?
(a) He doesn't think about his previous life.
(b) It was better than now.
(c) He will never have that back.
(d) It wasn't as good as now.
13. How is Chad's emotional state when Don visits?
(a) He's agitated and belligerent.
(b) He is happy to be alive.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He has a sullen, monotone persona.
14. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
(a) She sang at the wrong time.
(b) Her choice of music.
(c) She couldn't hit the high notes.
(d) She laughed when Don stood up.
15. What is the worst part of Don's recovery?
(a) Not being a minister.
(b) Having to send the children away.
(c) The pain of physical therapy.
(d) Having his wife stronger than him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don's story give the lady who was sobbing?
2. What does Don tell Chad?
3. What kind of feelings does Joe say he has?
4. Why does the church move Don and his family to a new home?
5. What does Don believe about why he didn't die?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)