|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Don first tell the entire story?
(a) David Gentiles.
(b) His pastor.
(d) His church.
2. What does Don realize about the way he has treated the staff?
(a) He has been very rude.
(b) He has been too nice.
(c) He has used them.
(d) He has ignored them.
3. Why did Don and the youth group sit in the top of the auditorium in Houston?
(a) Don wanted to get some exercise.
(b) They get a late start.
(c) Those seats had a good view.
(d) It was the seats on their tickets.
4. What is one of Don's main questions of the medical staff?
(a) When the Iliazrov Frame comes off.
(b) When he can have visitors.
(c) When does physical therapy start.
(d) When he can go home.
5. What does Dick Onerecker do about his experience with Don?
(a) He also feels he must tell the story.
(b) He is feeling very holy.
(c) He feels he should keep his mouth shut.
(d) He is confused.
6. What happens to the individual whose motorcycle crashed?
(a) The leg was fitted with an Iliazrov Frame.
(b) The doctors considered an Iliazrov Frame.
(c) The person died.
(d) The person recovered.
7. What had Don at first told Eva about his death?
(a) Everything but the singing.
(b) A tiny portion.
(c) All of it.
(d) He didn't tell her about wanting to stay.
8. What has Eva had to do since Don's accident?
(a) Put up with his anger.
(b) Work two jobs.
(c) Take over as head of the household.
(d) Do all the driving.
9. How is Chad's emotional state when Don visits?
(a) He has a sullen, monotone persona.
(b) He is happy to be alive.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He's agitated and belligerent.
10. How does Don feel telling the story now?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He is reluctant but willing.
(c) He still struggles with it.
(d) He loves to tell it.
11. What does Don listen to on the cassette player Eva brought him?
(a) Old sermons of his.
(b) Inspirational music.
(c) The news.
(d) A comedy show.
12. What does Joe wish most about the situation?
(a) That his father returns to his job.
(b) That his father's legs get better.
(c) That their father could participate more in their lives.
(d) That he can live with his grandparents.
13. What does Nicole receive for an award?
(a) A crown and scepter.
(b) A new hymnal.
(c) A new Bible.
(d) A scholarship to church camp.
14. What kinds of people does Don seem to come in contact with following his recovery?
(a) Those needing to hear his story.
(b) Those who don't believe his story.
(c) Religious people.
(d) Healthy people.
15. Why does Don feel badly about his children?
(a) They don't get enough attention from Eva.
(b) They have to deal with a difficult situation.
(c) They have to be quiet when he's sleeping.
(d) He can't play with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
2. What does Don believe about why he didn't die?
3. How does Don feel about his life now?
4. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
5. How do people react to Don's story when he's telling it?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)