|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don do with Brad and his wife?
(a) Gives them advice.
(b) Takes them to dinner.
(c) Invites them to church.
(d) Goes to physical therapy with them.
2. What kind of car did Don's son, Joe, decide to buy?
(a) A Ford Ranger.
(b) A Hummer.
(c) A Chevy pick-up.
(d) A Ford Mustang.
3. When Don feels filled with peace the night before he leaves the hospital, what doesn't he know?
(a) Whether he'll preach again.
(b) How long the pain will last.
(c) If Eva will stand by him.
(d) If his children can handle his care.
4. From where does Nicole say she gets help?
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) The youth group leader.
5. What does one friend ask Don?
(a) Didn't he think he was meant to share it.
(b) Has he talked to a psychiatrist.
(c) Will his children be afraid of him.
(d) Does his wife know he didn't think of her.
6. Why does Don feel badly about his children?
(a) They have to be quiet when he's sleeping.
(b) They don't get enough attention from Eva.
(c) He can't play with them.
(d) They have to deal with a difficult situation.
7. To what does Don look forward?
(a) Returning to heaven.
(b) Playing ball with his sons.
(c) Running a marathon.
(d) Having another child.
8. How did Don normally feel about people who say they've had a near death experience?
9. How does Don describe Joyce, Eva's sister-in-law?
(a) She was depressed often.
(b) She was quiet and demur.
(c) A fireball of a woman who loved to sing.
(d) She was a holy woman.
10. What did Don find out later about when he woke and was singing?
(a) His grandfather was dead.
(b) It was dusk and the sun was not shining.
(c) No one was holding his hand.
(d) He didn't find out anything.
11. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
(a) She sang at the wrong time.
(b) She laughed when Don stood up.
(c) She couldn't hit the high notes.
(d) Her choice of music.
12. What is the long prognosis for Don?
(a) He will not live a long, productive life.
(b) He'll die of old age.
(c) He will be fine.
(d) There is no long term prognosis.
13. How does Don think his story can help people?
(a) Make them religious.
(b) Keep them from sin.
(c) Make them serious about living.
(d) Take away the fear of death.
14. How is Chad's emotional state when Don visits?
(a) He is happy to be alive.
(b) He's agitated and belligerent.
(c) He has a sullen, monotone persona.
(d) He is excited.
15. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
(a) Got in a fight with his mother.
(b) Offered to clean the house.
(c) Gave his father a homemade present.
(d) Gave his father a gentle hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris do every day when he comes home from school?
2. What does Don say about his experience in heaven?
3. What does a nurse suggest to Don about his frustrations?
4. What does Don tell Chad?
5. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)