|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don decide he can do a week after being home?
(a) Sit out on the lawn.
(b) Attend church.
(c) Go to the store.
(d) Go to the movies with Eva.
2. What does Joe wish most about the situation?
(a) That his father returns to his job.
(b) That his father's legs get better.
(c) That he can live with his grandparents.
(d) That their father could participate more in their lives.
3. What does Don say about being broken up in the accident?
(a) His life is much better now.
(b) God put him back together.
(c) God was always in control.
(d) God allowed it to happen.
4. What does Don think he is doing when he tells people of his time in heaven?
(a) Making them want to be better people.
(b) Preparing them for their journey to heaven.
(c) Making them become Christians.
(d) Gaining sympathy.
5. What does Don realize about the way he has treated the staff?
(a) He has ignored them.
(b) He has used them.
(c) He has been too nice.
(d) He has been very rude.
6. Who takes care of Don when Eva take the children on a week long camping trip?
(a) His father.
(b) David Gentiles.
(c) His mother.
(d) A hired nurse.
7. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
(b) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(c) So she wouldn't patronize him.
(d) To not scream at him.
8. What happened to Sue Fayle's husband?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He was killed in a car wreck.
(d) He divorced her.
9. What does Don think the staff expects of him when he leaves?
(a) He is supposed to hug them.
(b) He will never come back.
(c) He will need more surgeries.
(d) He will walk back in to visit.
10. How is Chad's emotional state when Don visits?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He has a sullen, monotone persona.
(c) He's agitated and belligerent.
(d) He is happy to be alive.
11. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A plan for his/her life.
(b) A certain number of days.
(c) A good job and happy life.
(d) A book on their sins.
12. What does Dick Onerecker do about his experience with Don?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He feels he should keep his mouth shut.
(c) He also feels he must tell the story.
(d) He is feeling very holy.
13. What did Don find out later about when he woke and was singing?
(a) It was dusk and the sun was not shining.
(b) His grandfather was dead.
(c) No one was holding his hand.
(d) He didn't find out anything.
14. For how long does Don have trouble discussing his trip to heaven?
(a) For several years.
(b) For six months.
(c) For seven years.
(d) For five years.
15. On whom does Don often take his anger out?
(a) His wife.
(b) The medical staff.
(c) His children.
(d) The minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the individual whose motorcycle crashed?
2. What does one friend ask Don?
3. What is the worst part of Don's recovery?
4. What kind of feelings does Joe say he has?
5. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)