|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don feel telling the story now?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He is reluctant but willing.
(c) He loves to tell it.
(d) He still struggles with it.
2. What happened to Sue Fayle's husband?
(a) He divorced her.
(b) He was killed in a car wreck.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He died of cancer.
3. The night before he leaves the hospital what does he know?
(a) That he will walk again.
(b) That God is always with him.
(c) That the pain will be gone in a week.
(d) That his children will take care of him.
4. What does Don wish someone had given him when he was recovering?
(b) Knowledge of the entire procedure.
(c) A good back scratcher.
(d) Tough love.
5. How did one of Nicole's classmates come in contact with Don?
(a) Nicole brings him to meet her father for dinner.
(b) Nicole brings him home.
(c) Don meets him at a bookstore.
(d) Don visits the school for a speaking engagement.
6. When Don is on a television show who calls to speak with him?
(a) A woman.
(b) David Gentiles.
(c) His wife.
7. What kind of car did Don's son, Joe, decide to buy?
(a) A Ford Ranger.
(b) A Hummer.
(c) A Chevy pick-up.
(d) A Ford Mustang.
8. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(b) So she wouldn't patronize him.
(c) To not scream at him.
(d) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
9. What most surprised Eva about Don right after the accident?
(a) His depression.
(b) His anger.
(c) His failure to fight.
(d) His longing to return to heaven.
10. What does Don often criticize about Eva?
(a) Her decision-making skills.
(b) Her discipling of the children.
(c) Her driving.
(d) Her cooking.
11. What does Don do with Brad and his wife?
(a) Invites them to church.
(b) Gives them advice.
(c) Goes to physical therapy with them.
(d) Takes them to dinner.
12. What had Don at first told Eva about his death?
(a) He didn't tell her about wanting to stay.
(b) All of it.
(c) A tiny portion.
(d) Everything but the singing.
13. To what does Don look forward?
(a) Running a marathon.
(b) Playing ball with his sons.
(c) Having another child.
(d) Returning to heaven.
14. Why does the church move Don and his family to a new home?
(a) To save money.
(b) So he's closer to the hospital.
(c) So the new minister can have his house.
(d) To accommodate his wheelchair.
15. What is one of Don's main questions of the medical staff?
(a) When does physical therapy start.
(b) When the Iliazrov Frame comes off.
(c) When he can have visitors.
(d) When he can go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Don find out later about when he woke and was singing?
2. What happened to Chad?
3. What did Nicole call to tell her father several months after he was at her school?
4. Who almost loses his leg when his motorcycle crashes?
5. What did Joyce love to listen to?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)