|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did one of Nicole's classmates come in contact with Don?
(a) Don visits the school for a speaking engagement.
(b) Don meets him at a bookstore.
(c) Nicole brings him to meet her father for dinner.
(d) Nicole brings him home.
2. How does Don feel about his life now?
(a) There is always a presence with him.
(b) He wants to return to heaven.
(c) It is still painful.
(d) He still feels depressed.
3. Who takes care of Don when Eva take the children on a week long camping trip?
(a) His mother.
(b) David Gentiles.
(c) A hired nurse.
(d) His father.
4. What does Don think the staff expects of him when he leaves?
(a) He will need more surgeries.
(b) He will walk back in to visit.
(c) He will never come back.
(d) He is supposed to hug them.
5. Why is Don reluctant to share his story?
(a) He cries everytime he tells it.
(b) People will think he's a saint.
(c) People will think he's crazy.
(d) People will think he's lying.
6. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
7. For how long does Don have trouble discussing his trip to heaven?
(a) For six months.
(b) For several years.
(c) For seven years.
(d) For five years.
8. How does Don describe Joyce, Eva's sister-in-law?
(a) She was a holy woman.
(b) A fireball of a woman who loved to sing.
(c) She was depressed often.
(d) She was quiet and demur.
9. What did Don believe he felt when he came to singing?
(a) A warm, glowing light shining on him.
(b) Dick holding his hand.
(c) His grandfather's hug.
(d) The semi-truck hitting him again.
10. How does Eva see her husband?
(a) As a remarkable man.
(b) As being both good and bad.
(c) As too angry.
(d) As being a fourth child she has to care for.
11. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(b) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
(c) To not scream at him.
(d) So she wouldn't patronize him.
12. Who does Don choose to tell his story to secondly?
(a) His pastor.
(b) His church.
(c) Two friends.
(d) His children.
13. The night before he leaves the hospital what does he know?
(a) That his children will take care of him.
(b) That he will walk again.
(c) That the pain will be gone in a week.
(d) That God is always with him.
14. How does Don get home when he leaves the hospital?
(a) His pastor picks him up.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) His wife picks him up.
15. Why did a woman start sobbing as Don was telling his story at a church?
(a) Her father had recently passed away.
(b) Her brother was sick.
(c) Her mother had recently passed away.
(d) She was ill and dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Don's main questions of the medical staff?
2. What does Don say about being broken up in the accident?
3. How does Don continue to feel emotionally?
4. What did Joyce love to listen to?
5. How does one friend think Don is supposed to use the story?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)