|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before he leaves the hospital what does he know?
(a) That God is always with him.
(b) That he will walk again.
(c) That the pain will be gone in a week.
(d) That his children will take care of him.
2. What does Don think the staff expects of him when he leaves?
(a) He is supposed to hug them.
(b) He will need more surgeries.
(c) He will never come back.
(d) He will walk back in to visit.
3. What does Don say about being broken up in the accident?
(a) God was always in control.
(b) His life is much better now.
(c) God put him back together.
(d) God allowed it to happen.
4. What does Don listen to on the cassette player Eva brought him?
(a) Inspirational music.
(b) Old sermons of his.
(c) The news.
(d) A comedy show.
5. How do people react to Don's story when he's telling it?
(a) Sad to have missed it.
(d) Eager to listen and ask questions.
6. What does Nicole receive for an award?
(a) A new hymnal.
(b) A crown and scepter.
(c) A new Bible.
(d) A scholarship to church camp.
7. What does Don tell Brad about how he felt when recovering?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was frustrated with the doctors' pessimism.
(c) He was indifferent to life.
(d) He was happy to be alive.
8. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
(a) She couldn't hit the high notes.
(b) She sang at the wrong time.
(c) Her choice of music.
(d) She laughed when Don stood up.
9. What does Don finally realize about his life before the accident?
(a) It wasn't as good as now.
(b) He will never have that back.
(c) It was better than now.
(d) He doesn't think about his previous life.
10. What does Don do with Brad and his wife?
(a) Invites them to church.
(b) Goes to physical therapy with them.
(c) Takes them to dinner.
(d) Gives them advice.
11. What did Joyce love to listen to?
(a) Television preachers.
(b) Don's story of heaven.
(c) Gospel music.
(d) Rock and roll.
12. What has Eva had to do since Don's accident?
(a) Put up with his anger.
(b) Take over as head of the household.
(c) Work two jobs.
(d) Do all the driving.
13. On whom does Don often take his anger out?
(a) The minister.
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) The medical staff.
14. How does Charlie when he is diagnosed with cancer after Don talks to him?
(a) Joyful he is dying.
(b) Peaceful and ready to see heaven.
(c) Ready to kill himself.
(d) Like he had been healed.
15. What does one friend ask Don?
(a) Has he talked to a psychiatrist.
(b) Will his children be afraid of him.
(c) Does his wife know he didn't think of her.
(d) Didn't he think he was meant to share it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the individual whose motorcycle crashed?
2. Why did a woman start sobbing as Don was telling his story at a church?
3. Who does Don choose to tell his story to secondly?
4. Why is Don convinced God answers prayer?
5. How does Eva see her husband?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)