|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don listen to on the cassette player Eva brought him?
(a) A comedy show.
(b) The news.
(c) Inspirational music.
(d) Old sermons of his.
2. How does Don continue to feel emotionally?
3. What does Don say about being broken up in the accident?
(a) God allowed it to happen.
(b) His life is much better now.
(c) God was always in control.
(d) God put him back together.
4. When Don feels filled with peace the night before he leaves the hospital, what doesn't he know?
(a) If Eva will stand by him.
(b) If his children can handle his care.
(c) How long the pain will last.
(d) Whether he'll preach again.
5. What does Chris do every day when he comes home from school?
(a) Watches television with Don.
(b) Eats a sandwich Don fixes.
(c) Plays the piano for Don.
(d) Gives his father a hug.
6. How did one of Nicole's classmates come in contact with Don?
(a) Don meets him at a bookstore.
(b) Nicole brings him home.
(c) Nicole brings him to meet her father for dinner.
(d) Don visits the school for a speaking engagement.
7. What does Don think he is doing when he tells people of his time in heaven?
(a) Making them want to be better people.
(b) Preparing them for their journey to heaven.
(c) Gaining sympathy.
(d) Making them become Christians.
8. How is Don taken care of at home with Eva gone to work?
(a) The children rotate the duty.
(b) They have a day nurse.
(c) His mother moves in with them.
(d) The church uses volunteers.
9. How does Charlie when he is diagnosed with cancer after Don talks to him?
(a) Joyful he is dying.
(b) Like he had been healed.
(c) Ready to kill himself.
(d) Peaceful and ready to see heaven.
10. What does Don say about his experience in heaven?
(a) It could possibly have been oxygen deprivation.
(b) He wished it hadn't happened.
(c) He can't explain it.
(d) He thinks he may have imagined it.
11. How does Don describe Joyce, Eva's sister-in-law?
(a) She was a holy woman.
(b) She was quiet and demur.
(c) She was depressed often.
(d) A fireball of a woman who loved to sing.
12. How does Don think his story can help people?
(a) Keep them from sin.
(b) Make them religious.
(c) Make them serious about living.
(d) Take away the fear of death.
13. Why does the church move Don and his family to a new home?
(a) To accommodate his wheelchair.
(b) To save money.
(c) So the new minister can have his house.
(d) So he's closer to the hospital.
14. What does Don often criticize about Eva?
(a) Her driving.
(b) Her decision-making skills.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her discipling of the children.
15. What did Don do the night before he left the hospital?
(a) Watched an old movie.
(b) Went to the hospital chapel.
(c) Talked to his children on the phone.
(d) Cried all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a woman start sobbing as Don was telling his story at a church?
2. To whom does Don first tell the entire story?
3. How does Don feel telling the story now?
4. What does Don do on a ski trip with the church?
5. What had Don at first told Eva about his death?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)