|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
(a) Her choice of music.
(b) She sang at the wrong time.
(c) She laughed when Don stood up.
(d) She couldn't hit the high notes.
2. What kinds of people does Don seem to come in contact with following his recovery?
(a) Healthy people.
(b) Those needing to hear his story.
(c) Those who don't believe his story.
(d) Religious people.
3. What kind of feelings does Joe say he has?
(a) Depression and anger.
(b) Calm and peaceful feelings.
(c) Separation anxiety.
(d) Joy at his father's life.
4. What most surprised Eva about Don right after the accident?
(a) His longing to return to heaven.
(b) His failure to fight.
(c) His anger.
(d) His depression.
5. What does a nurse suggest to Don about his frustrations?
(a) He meditate.
(b) He pray more.
(c) He yelled to let them out.
(d) He take up bed yoga.
6. What does Don finally realize about his life before the accident?
(a) He doesn't think about his previous life.
(b) He will never have that back.
(c) It wasn't as good as now.
(d) It was better than now.
7. What is the long prognosis for Don?
(a) He will be fine.
(b) There is no long term prognosis.
(c) He will not live a long, productive life.
(d) He'll die of old age.
8. What does the first friend he shares the story with believe?
(a) It's completely true.
(b) It was an hallucination.
(c) It was the brain helping Don not fear afraid.
(d) It was impossible.
9. What does Don say about being broken up in the accident?
(a) His life is much better now.
(b) God put him back together.
(c) God was always in control.
(d) God allowed it to happen.
10. How did one of Nicole's classmates come in contact with Don?
(a) Don meets him at a bookstore.
(b) Don visits the school for a speaking engagement.
(c) Nicole brings him home.
(d) Nicole brings him to meet her father for dinner.
11. How does Don feel about his life now?
(a) He still feels depressed.
(b) There is always a presence with him.
(c) It is still painful.
(d) He wants to return to heaven.
12. What is one of Don's main questions of the medical staff?
(a) When does physical therapy start.
(b) When he can have visitors.
(c) When he can go home.
(d) When the Iliazrov Frame comes off.
13. When a woman is dying in the hospital her daughter plays a tape for her. What was she listening to when she died?
(a) Don's preaching on salvation.
(b) The song, What a Friend we Have in Jesus
(c) Don's description of heaven.
(d) Don talking about his recovery.
14. What does Don do with Brad and his wife?
(a) Invites them to church.
(b) Gives them advice.
(c) Takes them to dinner.
(d) Goes to physical therapy with them.
15. How does one friend think Don is supposed to use the story?
(a) To scare people into believing in God.
(b) To prove he is special.
(c) To show that the brain helps a person when dying.
(d) To encourage people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Don's mother the first time she saw him in ICU?
2. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
3. To what does Don look forward?
4. What does Nicole receive for an award?
5. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)