|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) To not scream at him.
(b) So she wouldn't patronize him.
(c) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(d) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
2. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
3. What does Chris say he first thought about his father's injuries?
(a) He was indifferent.
(b) He denied the extent of the injuries.
(c) He thought his father would die.
(d) He didn't really know what to think.
4. What does Nicole receive for an award?
(a) A new hymnal.
(b) A scholarship to church camp.
(c) A crown and scepter.
(d) A new Bible.
5. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A book on their sins.
(b) A plan for his/her life.
(c) A good job and happy life.
(d) A certain number of days.
6. What does a nurse suggest to Don about his frustrations?
(a) He yelled to let them out.
(b) He meditate.
(c) He take up bed yoga.
(d) He pray more.
7. What does Don's story give the lady who was sobbing?
(a) Fear for not being saved.
(b) Hope for herself.
(c) Peace about people dying.
(d) Something to think about.
8. How is Don taken care of at home with Eva gone to work?
(a) The children rotate the duty.
(b) The church uses volunteers.
(c) His mother moves in with them.
(d) They have a day nurse.
9. Who told Don about what really happened at the accident when he woke?
(a) Dick's wife.
(b) His wife.
(c) The EMTs.
(d) No one.
10. What happened to Don's mother the first time she saw him in ICU?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She sobbed.
(d) She slipped on water and fell.
11. What does Joe wish most about the situation?
(a) That he can live with his grandparents.
(b) That his father returns to his job.
(c) That their father could participate more in their lives.
(d) That his father's legs get better.
12. What is the worst part of Don's recovery?
(a) Having to send the children away.
(b) Not being a minister.
(c) The pain of physical therapy.
(d) Having his wife stronger than him.
13. How does Don continue to feel emotionally?
14. What has Eva had to do since Don's accident?
(a) Put up with his anger.
(b) Do all the driving.
(c) Work two jobs.
(d) Take over as head of the household.
15. What had Don at first told Eva about his death?
(a) All of it.
(b) He didn't tell her about wanting to stay.
(c) A tiny portion.
(d) Everything but the singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don tell Brad about how he felt when recovering?
2. What kind of feelings does Joe say he has?
3. Why does Don feel badly about his children?
4. How does Eva see her husband?
5. What is one of Don's main questions of the medical staff?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)