|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don finally realize about his life before the accident?
(a) It wasn't as good as now.
(b) He doesn't think about his previous life.
(c) He will never have that back.
(d) It was better than now.
2. What does Chris say he first thought about his father's injuries?
(a) He was indifferent.
(b) He thought his father would die.
(c) He denied the extent of the injuries.
(d) He didn't really know what to think.
3. What most surprised Eva about Don right after the accident?
(a) His anger.
(b) His longing to return to heaven.
(c) His depression.
(d) His failure to fight.
4. What does Don ask his three children to do?
(a) Make all A's in school.
(b) Be good and listen to Eva.
(c) Write about how their life is affected.
(d) Try out for sports.
5. What did Joyce love to listen to?
(a) Rock and roll.
(b) Don's story of heaven.
(c) Television preachers.
(d) Gospel music.
6. How do people react to Don's story when he's telling it?
(c) Eager to listen and ask questions.
(d) Sad to have missed it.
7. How is Chad's emotional state when Don visits?
(a) He is happy to be alive.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He's agitated and belligerent.
(d) He has a sullen, monotone persona.
8. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
9. What does one study claim is the reason for near death experiences?
(a) The deprivation of oxygen to the brain.
(b) Pain killing drugs.
(c) Wishful thinking.
(d) Strong beliefs.
10. What has Eva had to do since Don's accident?
(a) Work two jobs.
(b) Take over as head of the household.
(c) Put up with his anger.
(d) Do all the driving.
11. Why does the church move Don and his family to a new home?
(a) To accommodate his wheelchair.
(b) So he's closer to the hospital.
(c) To save money.
(d) So the new minister can have his house.
12. What does Don do with Brad and his wife?
(a) Invites them to church.
(b) Takes them to dinner.
(c) Goes to physical therapy with them.
(d) Gives them advice.
13. How does Charlie when he is diagnosed with cancer after Don talks to him?
(a) Joyful he is dying.
(b) Peaceful and ready to see heaven.
(c) Like he had been healed.
(d) Ready to kill himself.
14. What happens to the individual whose motorcycle crashed?
(a) The leg was fitted with an Iliazrov Frame.
(b) The person died.
(c) The person recovered.
(d) The doctors considered an Iliazrov Frame.
15. Why did Don and the youth group sit in the top of the auditorium in Houston?
(a) They get a late start.
(b) Those seats had a good view.
(c) Don wanted to get some exercise.
(d) It was the seats on their tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don feel telling the story now?
2. What does one friend ask Don?
3. What kind of car did Don's son, Joe, decide to buy?
4. How does Don continue to feel emotionally?
5. Who is Chad Vowell?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)