|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don think his story can help people?
(a) Make them serious about living.
(b) Take away the fear of death.
(c) Keep them from sin.
(d) Make them religious.
2. How does Don feel about his life now?
(a) He wants to return to heaven.
(b) There is always a presence with him.
(c) It is still painful.
(d) He still feels depressed.
3. What does Don realize about the way he has treated the staff?
(a) He has used them.
(b) He has been very rude.
(c) He has been too nice.
(d) He has ignored them.
4. Who does Don choose to tell his story to secondly?
(a) His children.
(b) His church.
(c) His pastor.
(d) Two friends.
5. The night before he leaves the hospital what does he know?
(a) That the pain will be gone in a week.
(b) That his children will take care of him.
(c) That God is always with him.
(d) That he will walk again.
6. What does Don finally realize about his life before the accident?
(a) It wasn't as good as now.
(b) It was better than now.
(c) He will never have that back.
(d) He doesn't think about his previous life.
7. Who told Don about what really happened at the accident when he woke?
(a) Dick's wife.
(b) His wife.
(c) The EMTs.
(d) No one.
8. What does Don's story give the lady who was sobbing?
(a) Fear for not being saved.
(b) Hope for herself.
(c) Something to think about.
(d) Peace about people dying.
9. How is Don taken care of at home with Eva gone to work?
(a) They have a day nurse.
(b) His mother moves in with them.
(c) The church uses volunteers.
(d) The children rotate the duty.
10. What does Joe wish most about the situation?
(a) That his father's legs get better.
(b) That his father returns to his job.
(c) That he can live with his grandparents.
(d) That their father could participate more in their lives.
11. What amazes Don most about being on the television show?
(a) That he was able to help someone due to exposure.
(b) That they would want to hear his story.
(c) That his wife looked so good on television.
(d) That he wore a suit for the first time since the accident.
12. What does Don do on a ski trip with the church?
(a) Sit inside and watch the skiers.
(b) He doesn't go on the trip.
(c) He teaches his youngest son how to ski.
(d) Skis on the bunny slope.
13. What did Charlie say he would do if he was ever diagnosed with cancer?
(a) He would take chemotherapy.
(b) He would depend on prayer for healing.
(c) He would go to Mexico for treatment.
(d) He would kill himself.
14. What does Don often criticize about Eva?
(a) Her driving.
(b) Her cooking.
(c) Her discipling of the children.
(d) Her decision-making skills.
15. What does Don tell Brad about how he felt when recovering?
(a) He was happy to be alive.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was indifferent to life.
(d) He was frustrated with the doctors' pessimism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
2. What is one of Don's main questions of the medical staff?
3. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
4. To what does Don look forward?
5. What miracle does Don believe God has performed on him?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)