|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicole receive for an award?
(a) A new hymnal.
(b) A scholarship to church camp.
(c) A crown and scepter.
(d) A new Bible.
2. When Don feels filled with peace the night before he leaves the hospital, what doesn't he know?
(a) Whether he'll preach again.
(b) If Eva will stand by him.
(c) If his children can handle his care.
(d) How long the pain will last.
3. How is Don taken care of at home with Eva gone to work?
(a) The church uses volunteers.
(b) The children rotate the duty.
(c) They have a day nurse.
(d) His mother moves in with them.
4. What does Don believe about why he didn't die?
(a) He has a purpose to fulfill.
(b) His wife is really bad at business decisions.
(c) His children needed him.
(d) Dick needed to have faith in prayer.
5. What does Don think God has for each person?
(a) A certain number of days.
(b) A good job and happy life.
(c) A plan for his/her life.
(d) A book on their sins.
6. To whom does Don first tell the entire story?
(a) His church.
(b) His pastor.
(d) David Gentiles.
7. Why did a woman start sobbing as Don was telling his story at a church?
(a) Her mother had recently passed away.
(b) Her father had recently passed away.
(c) She was ill and dying.
(d) Her brother was sick.
8. What is the long prognosis for Don?
(a) He will not live a long, productive life.
(b) He'll die of old age.
(c) There is no long term prognosis.
(d) He will be fine.
9. What kind of feelings does Joe say he has?
(a) Calm and peaceful feelings.
(b) Joy at his father's life.
(c) Depression and anger.
(d) Separation anxiety.
10. Who does Don choose to tell his story to secondly?
(a) His church.
(b) Two friends.
(c) His pastor.
(d) His children.
11. How does Eva see her husband?
(a) As being a fourth child she has to care for.
(b) As too angry.
(c) As a remarkable man.
(d) As being both good and bad.
12. Why does the church move Don and his family to a new home?
(a) To save money.
(b) To accommodate his wheelchair.
(c) So the new minister can have his house.
(d) So he's closer to the hospital.
13. What did Don see when he was leaning against the wall to catch his breath after going to the balcony in the arena?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) The doctor who operated on him.
(c) A young boy in a wheelchair.
(d) The entire youth group standing up.
14. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
(a) Offered to clean the house.
(b) Gave his father a gentle hug.
(c) Got in a fight with his mother.
(d) Gave his father a homemade present.
15. What does Dick Onerecker do about his experience with Don?
(a) He feels he should keep his mouth shut.
(b) He also feels he must tell the story.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is feeling very holy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Eva had to do since Don's accident?
2. How does Don get home when he leaves the hospital?
3. What does Don do on a ski trip with the church?
4. What amazes Don most about being on the television show?
5. Who takes care of Don when Eva take the children on a week long camping trip?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)