|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of people does Don seem to come in contact with following his recovery?
(a) Religious people.
(b) Those needing to hear his story.
(c) Healthy people.
(d) Those who don't believe his story.
2. To whom does Don first tell the entire story?
(a) His church.
(b) David Gentiles.
(d) His pastor.
3. What does Don listen to on the cassette player Eva brought him?
(a) Old sermons of his.
(b) A comedy show.
(c) Inspirational music.
(d) The news.
4. What does Chris do every day when he comes home from school?
(a) Eats a sandwich Don fixes.
(b) Plays the piano for Don.
(c) Watches television with Don.
(d) Gives his father a hug.
5. How does Don describe Joyce, Eva's sister-in-law?
(a) She was a holy woman.
(b) She was depressed often.
(c) She was quiet and demur.
(d) A fireball of a woman who loved to sing.
6. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) To not scream at him.
(b) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(c) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
(d) So she wouldn't patronize him.
7. What is the worst part of Don's recovery?
(a) Not being a minister.
(b) Having to send the children away.
(c) The pain of physical therapy.
(d) Having his wife stronger than him.
8. What does Don tell Chad?
(a) He might not fully recover.
(b) He should come to church.
(c) He should buck up and act better.
(d) He will be fine eventually.
9. What does Don believe about why he didn't die?
(a) His wife is really bad at business decisions.
(b) Dick needed to have faith in prayer.
(c) His children needed him.
(d) He has a purpose to fulfill.
10. Why does the church move Don and his family to a new home?
(a) So he's closer to the hospital.
(b) So the new minister can have his house.
(c) To save money.
(d) To accommodate his wheelchair.
11. What do the twins quit doing around their father?
(a) Sports in which he can't participate.
(b) Fighting between them.
(c) Disobeying their mother.
(d) Teasing their sister.
12. What did Don find out later about when he woke and was singing?
(a) His grandfather was dead.
(b) He didn't find out anything.
(c) It was dusk and the sun was not shining.
(d) No one was holding his hand.
13. How does Don get home when he leaves the hospital?
(a) His pastor picks him up.
(b) An ambulance.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) His wife picks him up.
14. How does Charlie when he is diagnosed with cancer after Don talks to him?
(a) Joyful he is dying.
(b) Like he had been healed.
(c) Ready to kill himself.
(d) Peaceful and ready to see heaven.
15. What happened to Don's mother the first time she saw him in ICU?
(a) She slipped on water and fell.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She sobbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
2. What did Nicole call to tell her father several months after he was at her school?
3. What kind of feelings does Joe say he has?
4. What had Don at first told Eva about his death?
5. How does Eva see her husband?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)