|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don choose to tell his story to secondly?
(a) His children.
(b) Two friends.
(c) His pastor.
(d) His church.
2. On whom does Don often take his anger out?
(a) The medical staff.
(b) The minister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
3. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
(a) Offered to clean the house.
(b) Gave his father a gentle hug.
(c) Gave his father a homemade present.
(d) Got in a fight with his mother.
4. How does Don continue to feel emotionally?
5. What does Chris say he first thought about his father's injuries?
(a) He didn't really know what to think.
(b) He denied the extent of the injuries.
(c) He was indifferent.
(d) He thought his father would die.
6. What does Don tell Chad?
(a) He will be fine eventually.
(b) He should buck up and act better.
(c) He should come to church.
(d) He might not fully recover.
7. What happened to Sue Fayle's husband?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He divorced her.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He was killed in a car wreck.
8. What did Charlie say he would do if he was ever diagnosed with cancer?
(a) He would go to Mexico for treatment.
(b) He would kill himself.
(c) He would depend on prayer for healing.
(d) He would take chemotherapy.
9. What does Don listen to on the cassette player Eva brought him?
(a) Inspirational music.
(b) The news.
(c) Old sermons of his.
(d) A comedy show.
10. When a woman is dying in the hospital her daughter plays a tape for her. What was she listening to when she died?
(a) The song, What a Friend we Have in Jesus
(b) Don's description of heaven.
(c) Don talking about his recovery.
(d) Don's preaching on salvation.
11. Why were some members of a church upset with the soloist?
(a) She sang at the wrong time.
(b) She couldn't hit the high notes.
(c) She laughed when Don stood up.
(d) Her choice of music.
12. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) So she wouldn't patronize him.
(b) To not scream at him.
(c) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(d) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
13. What is one of Don's main questions of the medical staff?
(a) When he can go home.
(b) When does physical therapy start.
(c) When the Iliazrov Frame comes off.
(d) When he can have visitors.
14. Why did Don and the youth group sit in the top of the auditorium in Houston?
(a) It was the seats on their tickets.
(b) They get a late start.
(c) Don wanted to get some exercise.
(d) Those seats had a good view.
15. What do the twins quit doing around their father?
(a) Sports in which he can't participate.
(b) Disobeying their mother.
(c) Teasing their sister.
(d) Fighting between them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don tell Brad about how he felt when recovering?
2. What does the first friend he shares the story with believe?
3. What amazes Don most about being on the television show?
4. Who is Chad Vowell?
5. How does Don think his story can help people?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)