|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people react to Don's story when he's telling it?
(a) Eager to listen and ask questions.
(c) Sad to have missed it.
2. How does one friend think Don is supposed to use the story?
(a) To scare people into believing in God.
(b) To show that the brain helps a person when dying.
(c) To encourage people.
(d) To prove he is special.
3. What most surprised Eva about Don right after the accident?
(a) His longing to return to heaven.
(b) His anger.
(c) His failure to fight.
(d) His depression.
4. What does Chris say he first thought about his father's injuries?
(a) He didn't really know what to think.
(b) He thought his father would die.
(c) He denied the extent of the injuries.
(d) He was indifferent.
5. What did Chris do when he every time he came home?
(a) Offered to clean the house.
(b) Gave his father a homemade present.
(c) Got in a fight with his mother.
(d) Gave his father a gentle hug.
6. What does Joe wish most about the situation?
(a) That his father returns to his job.
(b) That he can live with his grandparents.
(c) That his father's legs get better.
(d) That their father could participate more in their lives.
7. What did Charlie say he would do if he was ever diagnosed with cancer?
(a) He would go to Mexico for treatment.
(b) He would depend on prayer for healing.
(c) He would kill himself.
(d) He would take chemotherapy.
8. How does Don continue to feel emotionally?
9. What does Don ask his three children to do?
(a) Be good and listen to Eva.
(b) Make all A's in school.
(c) Try out for sports.
(d) Write about how their life is affected.
10. Why is Don reluctant to share his story?
(a) People will think he's a saint.
(b) He cries everytime he tells it.
(c) People will think he's crazy.
(d) People will think he's lying.
11. What does Don realize about the way he has treated the staff?
(a) He has been too nice.
(b) He has used them.
(c) He has been very rude.
(d) He has ignored them.
12. What did Eva have to hold her tongue sometimes with Don?
(a) To not tell him what he didn't want to know.
(b) So she wouldn't patronize him.
(c) So she wouldn't be sarcastic.
(d) To not scream at him.
13. What does Don think he is doing when he tells people of his time in heaven?
(a) Gaining sympathy.
(b) Making them become Christians.
(c) Making them want to be better people.
(d) Preparing them for their journey to heaven.
14. How does Brad feel when Don goes to see him?
15. Who takes care of Don when Eva take the children on a week long camping trip?
(a) David Gentiles.
(b) His father.
(c) A hired nurse.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don get home when he leaves the hospital?
2. What does Don say about being broken up in the accident?
3. What does Don's story give the lady who was sobbing?
4. What does Don think the staff expects of him when he leaves?
5. How many days did Don spend in the hospital?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)