|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don and his new friend communicate?
(a) Sending letters with nurses.
(b) They meet in the patient's lounge.
(c) Room phone.
(d) Cell phone.
2. Who invented the Iliazrov frame?
(a) A Canadian orthopedic surgeon.
(b) An American engineer.
(c) A Russian doctor.
(d) An Italian physician.
3. What does Don say angel wings sound like?
(a) Butterflies fluttering.
(b) A flight of birds taking off.
(c) A moth in a jar.
(d) Clothes blowing on a clothes line.
4. Where did Dick and Anita stop after leaving the conference?
(a) A pharmacy.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A bait shop.
5. Why does Dick scramble from Don's car?
(a) Don begins to sing.
(b) Dick gets sick at the sight of blood.
(c) Don screams.
(d) Don starts to thrash about.
6. What does Don refuse from all of his visitors?
(a) Alcoholic drinks.
7. How is Don wedged in the car?
(a) He's against the steering wheel.
(b) He's across the front seat with his head on the passenger side.
(c) He's pinned between the dashboard and the seat.
(d) He's in the back seat.
8. What was another name for Interstate Highway 45 where Don was driving?
(a) The Wilderness Road.
(b) The Gulf Highway.
(c) The Tanner Memorial Highway.
(d) The Lake Crossways.
9. What does Don finally realize he's been doing with people?
(a) Allowing them too much freedom around him.
(b) Talking too much.
(c) Shutting them out.
(d) Helping them with their problems.
10. What types of singing does Don hear in heaven?
(a) Mostly old hynms.
(c) There's no singing, just music.
(d) All types, modern and ancient.
11. Why is Don losing weight?
(a) He has an infection in his colon.
(b) He is a vegetarian and the hospital serves meat.
(c) Nothing tastes good to eat.
(d) He refuses to eat.
12. What does the frame do for a bone?
(a) It pulls the bone apart.
(b) It holds the bone together.
(c) It helps the bone heal faster.
(d) It is a permanent, internal brace.
13. What does Don see first when he dies?
(a) A meadow full of flowers.
(c) A large, ornate gate.
(d) His home on earth.
14. How is Don feeling emotionally as he is in the hospital?
15. What happens in the morning about Don's pneumonia?
(a) No change.
(b) It is gone.
(c) It is worse.
(d) It is getting better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Don become aware as he moves towards the gate?
2. What does David Gentiles tell Don when he visits?
3. Who was one of the first people he saw who was not a relative?
4. What does Don not experience in his near death episode that many people do?
5. Who was driving the vehicle that hit Don?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)