|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Don on the verge of death again six days after the accident?
(a) He goes into a coma.
(b) A broken rib punctures his lung.
(c) His heart has stopped again.
(d) He has double pneumonia.
2. What does Don finally realize he's been doing with people?
(a) Shutting them out.
(b) Allowing them too much freedom around him.
(c) Talking too much.
(d) Helping them with their problems.
3. What does Don believe as he thinks about the circumstances surrounding his accident?
(a) That he wants to sue the prison.
(b) That he will never drive again.
(c) That it should not have happened.
(d) That God has a purpose for him to live.
4. Who invented the Iliazrov frame?
(a) A Canadian orthopedic surgeon.
(b) An Italian physician.
(c) A Russian doctor.
(d) An American engineer.
5. What kind of emotion does Don continue to have?
(a) Joy at being alive.
(b) Hope that he will leave soon.
(c) Anticipation of returning to heaven.
6. Why is Don losing weight?
(a) He refuses to eat.
(b) He has an infection in his colon.
(c) He is a vegetarian and the hospital serves meat.
(d) Nothing tastes good to eat.
7. What does Dick pray for when he puts his hand on Don?
(a) That there are no internal injuries.
(b) That he come alive immediately.
(c) That his family will be all right.
(d) That he has gone to the light.
8. Why does Dick scramble from Don's car?
(a) Don screams.
(b) Don begins to sing.
(c) Dick gets sick at the sight of blood.
(d) Don starts to thrash about.
9. Why does Don get more depressed when thinking about his friend in the frame?
(a) The frame isn't helping him/her.
(b) She/he is too young for so much pain.
(c) She/he will return to a normal life and he won't.
(d) He feels God doesn't care about people.
10. What does Don say angel wings sound like?
(a) A flight of birds taking off.
(b) A moth in a jar.
(c) Butterflies fluttering.
(d) Clothes blowing on a clothes line.
11. What kind of car was Don driving?
(a) Ford Escort.
(b) Chrysler minivan.
(c) Ford mustang.
(d) Honda civic.
12. What does Eva request of the nursing staff?
(a) They allow more than just family in.
(b) They cut off all visitors but her.
(c) They set up a bigger room for him.
(d) They limit Don's visitors.
13. What kind of injuries did the drivers of the other cars involve receive?
(a) Both of them had no injuries, minor or otherwise.
(b) Both were killed.
(c) One had a fractured skull the other was unhurt.
(d) Minor cuts and bruises.
14. Who does Don meet who also has an Iliazrov frame?
15. What does Don remember about Joe Kulbeth when he sees him?
(a) Going to his funeral.
(b) Playing baseball with him.
(c) Eating big dinners at his house.
(d) Riding in the ambulance with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dick get in the car to lay hands on Don?
2. What does Don say God has removed?
3. What types of singing does Don hear in heaven?
4. What does David Gentiles tell Don when he visits?
5. What does Don realize about the people he sees?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)