|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Don's car struck?
(a) On the left side.
(b) On the right side.
(c) In the back.
2. What is the first thing paramedics do upon looking at Don?
(a) Declare him dead.
(b) Pull him from the car.
(c) Give him an I.V.
(d) Call his wife.
3. What idea had Don been considering that week?
(a) Starting a new church.
(b) Having another child.
(c) Having his elderly mother move in with them.
(d) Sending his son to private school.
4. How is Don wedged in the car?
(a) He's against the steering wheel.
(b) He's across the front seat with his head on the passenger side.
(c) He's in the back seat.
(d) He's pinned between the dashboard and the seat.
5. What does David Gentiles tell Don when he visits?
(a) He'll see him in heaven.
(b) He's forming a prayer vigil.
(c) He is watching Dan's children.
(d) He is bringing his wife to visit.
6. What does Don say God has removed?
(a) Any love he had for earth.
(b) All thoughts of being human.
(c) The scars from a football injury.
(d) All concept of negativity or worry.
7. What does Eva request of the nursing staff?
(a) They allow more than just family in.
(b) They limit Don's visitors.
(c) They set up a bigger room for him.
(d) They cut off all visitors but her.
8. Why is Don losing weight?
(a) He refuses to eat.
(b) He has an infection in his colon.
(c) Nothing tastes good to eat.
(d) He is a vegetarian and the hospital serves meat.
9. What does Eva see about the visitors?
(a) They have no effect on Don.
(b) Eva doesn't notice anything.
(c) They are helping Don.
(d) They are making it harder for Don.
10. What does Don think about in relation to prayer?
(a) How it is soothing.
(b) The power of it.
(c) The senselessness of it.
(d) How more people should do it.
11. What does Don say angel wings sound like?
(a) Butterflies fluttering.
(b) Clothes blowing on a clothes line.
(c) A moth in a jar.
(d) A flight of birds taking off.
12. How long does Don wear the frame?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
13. Why can't Don get any sleep in ICU?
(a) His monitor kept going off.
(b) The nurses would wake him up.
(c) His wife kept talking to him.
(d) He kept seeing heaven.
14. What does Don wish as he lays in bed?
(a) That his children didn't see him like that.
(b) That he was well.
(c) That his wife would divorce him.
(d) That he could return to heaven.
15. What does Don start to do after six weeks in the hospital?
(a) Preaching over the phone.
(b) Walking the halls.
(c) Physical therapy.
(d) Meeting with church members.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the EMTs checked on Don for the second time what did they find out?
2. What does the frame do for a bone?
3. What does Don believe as he thinks about the circumstances surrounding his accident?
4. Who comes by to see Don about his emotional health?
5. What hit Don's car?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)