|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the EMTs do after tending to the other victims?
(a) Waited for the police.
(b) Return to Don.
(c) Pulled Don from his car.
(d) Load up the others and leave.
2. How is Don wedged in the car?
(a) He's across the front seat with his head on the passenger side.
(b) He's against the steering wheel.
(c) He's pinned between the dashboard and the seat.
(d) He's in the back seat.
3. Why did guards call for help after Don's accident?
(a) They were on routine patrol.
(b) They had the only cell phone.
(c) The truck was from the prison.
(d) There were escaped convicts.
4. What have the doctors told Eva about Don's chances with the pneumonia?
(a) He has a fifty percent chance.
(b) He probably won't make it through the night.
(c) He is doing well.
(d) They haven't talked to her.
5. How soon after the truck hit Don was he in heaven?
(a) He doesn't know.
(c) About a half hour.
(d) After a few minutes.
6. What year did Don have his accident?
7. What does Don wish as he lays in bed?
(a) That he was well.
(b) That his wife would divorce him.
(c) That he could return to heaven.
(d) That his children didn't see him like that.
8. What is the first thing paramedics do upon looking at Don?
(a) Pull him from the car.
(b) Declare him dead.
(c) Give him an I.V.
(d) Call his wife.
9. What does Don say God has removed?
(a) All thoughts of being human.
(b) All concept of negativity or worry.
(c) The scars from a football injury.
(d) Any love he had for earth.
10. What idea had Don been considering that week?
(a) Starting a new church.
(b) Having his elderly mother move in with them.
(c) Having another child.
(d) Sending his son to private school.
11. What kind of papers does Eva sign the morning after his night in ICU?
(a) Release papers for him to go home.
(b) Release papers for surgery.
(c) Papers to put him in rehab.
(d) His last will and testament.
12. What does Don finally realize he's been doing with people?
(a) Helping them with their problems.
(b) Allowing them too much freedom around him.
(c) Talking too much.
(d) Shutting them out.
13. Why is Don losing weight?
(a) He has an infection in his colon.
(b) He refuses to eat.
(c) He is a vegetarian and the hospital serves meat.
(d) Nothing tastes good to eat.
14. What does Don start to do after six weeks in the hospital?
(a) Meeting with church members.
(b) Physical therapy.
(c) Preaching over the phone.
(d) Walking the halls.
15. What was another name for Interstate Highway 45 where Don was driving?
(a) The Lake Crossways.
(b) The Gulf Highway.
(c) The Wilderness Road.
(d) The Tanner Memorial Highway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of emotion does Don continue to have?
2. Why does Don get more depressed when thinking about his friend in the frame?
3. What does Don believe as he thinks about the circumstances surrounding his accident?
4. What does Dick decide to do when they see the accident?
5. What kind of injuries did the drivers of the other cars involve receive?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)