|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing paramedics do upon looking at Don?
(a) Pull him from the car.
(b) Declare him dead.
(c) Call his wife.
(d) Give him an I.V.
2. What interferes with the hospital taking X-rays of Don?
(a) He is afraid of x-rays in his body.
(b) All the metal inside him.
(c) He shakes so it can't stay still.
(d) Not being able to get out of bed.
3. Why does Don exhaust himself with his visitors?
(a) He never gets any sleep.
(b) They talk too much.
(c) His pastoral instincts.
(d) He can't eat while they're there.
4. Why did guards call for help after Don's accident?
(a) They were on routine patrol.
(b) They had the only cell phone.
(c) The truck was from the prison.
(d) There were escaped convicts.
5. Why does Don get more depressed when thinking about his friend in the frame?
(a) He feels God doesn't care about people.
(b) She/he is too young for so much pain.
(c) She/he will return to a normal life and he won't.
(d) The frame isn't helping him/her.
6. What does Don believe as he thinks about the circumstances surrounding his accident?
(a) That he wants to sue the prison.
(b) That God has a purpose for him to live.
(c) That he will never drive again.
(d) That it should not have happened.
7. What kind of car was Don driving?
(a) Chrysler minivan.
(b) Ford Escort.
(c) Honda civic.
(d) Ford mustang.
8. What does Don feel like when he wears the frame in public?
(a) Like he will never be free of it.
(b) As if his life revolves around the frame.
(c) Like he is a child.
(d) Like people are staring.
9. Of what does seeing and greeting all the people remind Don?
(a) Being at a high school football game.
(b) Family reunions.
(c) Church on Sunday.
(d) Being in the mall at Christmas time.
10. From what was Don coming home when he had the accident?
(a) A Baptist convention.
(b) A week long religious rally.
(c) A honeymoon.
(d) A football game.
11. What does Don finally realize he's been doing with people?
(a) Helping them with their problems.
(b) Allowing them too much freedom around him.
(c) Shutting them out.
(d) Talking too much.
12. What do the nurses tell him about the patients Don keeps hearing moan and scream?
(a) It is him who is making the noise.
(b) His roommate is very noisy.
(c) There are very sick patients there.
(d) He is imagining the noise.
13. What did the EMTs do after tending to the other victims?
(a) Return to Don.
(b) Load up the others and leave.
(c) Waited for the police.
(d) Pulled Don from his car.
14. What year did Don have his accident?
15. What is the weather like the day of Don's accident?
(b) Snow and ice had fallen.
(c) Warm and windy.
(d) Cold and rainy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don not experience in his near death episode that many people do?
2. Who invented the Iliazrov frame?
3. How does Don and his new friend communicate?
4. What does Dick ask the EMT person?
5. How is Don wedged in the car?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)