|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don exhaust himself with his visitors?
(a) He can't eat while they're there.
(b) His pastoral instincts.
(c) They talk too much.
(d) He never gets any sleep.
2. What kind of car was Don driving?
(a) Honda civic.
(b) Ford Escort.
(c) Ford mustang.
(d) Chrysler minivan.
3. Who prays for Don's survival while he was in the car?
(a) A Catholic priest.
(b) A Baptist minister.
(c) A small child.
(d) His wife.
4. What was the road like when it crossed the lake?
(a) Narrow with no shoulders.
(b) Wide four lane.
(c) Full of curves.
(d) Rough and full of holes.
5. What does Don believe as he thinks about the circumstances surrounding his accident?
(a) That it should not have happened.
(b) That he wants to sue the prison.
(c) That he will never drive again.
(d) That God has a purpose for him to live.
6. Why does Don refuse to talk to anyone about his experience in heaven?
(a) He was told not to discuss it by God.
(b) He doesn't know if the people are Christian.
(c) He's not sure it's true.
(d) They will think he's crazy.
7. What does Dick pray for when he puts his hand on Don?
(a) That there are no internal injuries.
(b) That his family will be all right.
(c) That he come alive immediately.
(d) That he has gone to the light.
8. Who was driving the vehicle that hit Don?
(a) Another Baptist minister.
(b) A Texas Ranger.
(c) An inmate from the prison.
(d) His brother.
9. How does Don perceive his senses as he looks around?
(a) They are slightly off, like he is drunk.
(b) They are normal.
(c) They are heightened.
(d) They are slightly dull.
10. What kind of papers does Eva sign the morning after his night in ICU?
(a) Release papers for him to go home.
(b) Papers to put him in rehab.
(c) Release papers for surgery.
(d) His last will and testament.
11. What does Don notice about the people around him?
(a) They are all younger than he remembered.
(b) They appear the same as when he last saw them.
(c) He doesn't notice anything about them.
(d) They are older than when he last saw them.
12. Why is Eva signing the papers instead of Don?
(a) He can't write with the broken arm.
(b) He would say no.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is too heavily medicated.
13. What does Eva request of the nursing staff?
(a) They allow more than just family in.
(b) They limit Don's visitors.
(c) They cut off all visitors but her.
(d) They set up a bigger room for him.
14. What happens to Don when he is a few steps away from entering the gate?
(a) He runs into a force field.
(b) His grandfather holds him back.
(c) He stumbles and falls.
(d) He is whisked back to earh.
15. Eventually, which dead loved one greets Don first?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His great uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don see when he first gets to heaven?
2. What do the EMTs find when they return to Don's car with Dick?
3. What did the paramedics do to Don's car?
4. What kind of injuries did the drivers of the other cars involve receive?
5. Why is Don taken from his room several times a week?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)