|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve: Opening Up and Chapter Thriteen: The Clasping Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dick scramble from Don's car?
(a) Don screams.
(b) Don starts to thrash about.
(c) Dick gets sick at the sight of blood.
(d) Don begins to sing.
2. Why does Don feel badly about his children?
(a) They don't get enough attention from Eva.
(b) He can't play with them.
(c) They have to be quiet when he's sleeping.
(d) They have to deal with a difficult situation.
3. What idea had Don been considering that week?
(a) Starting a new church.
(b) Having another child.
(c) Having his elderly mother move in with them.
(d) Sending his son to private school.
4. Why is Don on the verge of death again six days after the accident?
(a) A broken rib punctures his lung.
(b) His heart has stopped again.
(c) He goes into a coma.
(d) He has double pneumonia.
5. What does Don realize about the way he has treated the staff?
(a) He has used them.
(b) He has ignored them.
(c) He has been too nice.
(d) He has been very rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Don feeling emotionally as he is in the hospital?
2. What does Dick Onerecker do about his experience with Don?
3. What does Don notice about the people around him?
4. How do people react to Don's story when he's telling it?
5. Who was one of the first people he saw who was not a relative?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)