Prologue and Chapter One: The Accident
• On January 18, 1989, Don Piper dies in a car accident.
• Paramedics pronounce Piper dead at the scene and proceed to work on other victims for ninety minutes.
• Piper goes to heaven, while a Baptist preacher prays for his survival. God answers those prayers and Don returns to earth and to life.
• Don Piper attends a conference for the Baptist General Convention of Texas at Trinity Pines.
• He decides to take I-45 home instead of Hwy. 59 and he fastens his seat belt because of a ticket he received earlier that week.
• The Gulf Highway parallels and then crosses Lake Livingston. As it crosses the lake the road narrows and has no shoulders.
• An eighteen-wheel truck crosses the center line, hitting Don head on and pinning the car against the bridge railing.
• The truck strikes two other cars before coming to a stop at the...
This section contains 3,034 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)