|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
2. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
3. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
4. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The death of Frank marks the end of many things for Helene and the beginning of others. Discuss how Helene must have felt about Frank's death and what changes that it brought to her life.
Essay Topic 2
Helene borders on rudeness in some of her exchanges with Frank. What do you think she intends to convey with this tone? Do you think Frank is ever offended by Helene's letter? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Are Frank and Helene opposites or just two sides of the same coin? Explain your answer using specific events in the book to compare/contrast Frank and Helene.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)