|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
2. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
3. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
4. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
5. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
Essay Topic 1
From a literary standpoint, how does Frank serves as a foil to Helene's razor sharp wit?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of appearance versus reality throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think the purpose is of including Maxine's letters in the book? What context and insight do they give to the storyline?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)