|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
2. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
3. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
4. What does Frank buy in the summer of 1952?
5. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the world of books is just as real to Helene as the world in which she lives.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of appearance versus reality throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Helene's relationship with the bookshop employees deepens and extends to include other people over the years.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)