|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
3. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
4. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
5. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the exchange of letters a small documentary of events in American and British popular culture in the 1950s and 1960s?
Essay Topic 2
The death of Frank marks the end of many things for Helene and the beginning of others. Discuss how Helene must have felt about Frank's death and what changes that it brought to her life.
Essay Topic 3
Helene borders on rudeness in some of her exchanges with Frank. What do you think she intends to convey with this tone? Do you think Frank is ever offended by Helene's letter? Why or why not?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)