Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
2. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
4. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
5. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
Essay Topic 1
Helene concludes that she goes through life "watching the English language being raped before me face." What does she mean by this and why does she use a literary reference to Edward Arlington Robinson?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Helene finds a valuable connection in reading the words that many others have read before her.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how a simple request for books that is the basis of the letters becomes a respectful relationship that grows through the years. Do you think the same sort of relationships grow out of emails between strangers in today's society? Why or why not?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)