Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
2. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
4. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
5. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
Discuss how Helene's relationship with the bookshop employees deepens and extends to include other people over the years.
Discuss how the love of language and the craft of writing are important to the people in the book on both sides of the Atlantic.
How do language and meaning forge the bond between Frank and Helene that Nora does not share?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)