|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
2. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
3. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
4. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the love of language and the craft of writing are important to the people in the book on both sides of the Atlantic.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Helene finds a valuable connection in reading the words that many others have read before her.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of appearance versus reality throughout the book.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)