|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
2. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
3. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
4. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
5. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The death of Frank marks the end of many things for Helene and the beginning of others. Discuss how Helene must have felt about Frank's death and what changes that it brought to her life.
Essay Topic 2
How do language and meaning forge the bond between Frank and Helene that Nora does not share?
Essay Topic 3
Helene concludes that she goes through life "watching the English language being raped before me face." What does she mean by this and why does she use a literary reference to Edward Arlington Robinson?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)