|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
2. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
3. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
4. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
5. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Are Frank and Helene opposites or just two sides of the same coin? Explain your answer using specific events in the book to compare/contrast Frank and Helene.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of appearance versus reality throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Helene admits to not being fond of fiction, yet in many ways these letters read like a novel. Discuss the "fictional" aspects of the letters.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)