|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
2. What TV series is Helene writing for?
3. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
4. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
5. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From a literary standpoint, how does Frank serves as a foil to Helene's razor sharp wit?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the unspoken stories that lie beneath the surface of the letters, which encompass so many people over so many years.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Helene's relationship with the bookshop employees deepens and extends to include other people over the years.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)