|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
2. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
3. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
5. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of appearance versus reality throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how a simple request for books that is the basis of the letters becomes a respectful relationship that grows through the years. Do you think the same sort of relationships grow out of emails between strangers in today's society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the world of books is just as real to Helene as the world in which she lives.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)