|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $200 per week.
(b) $40 per week.
(c) $20 per week.
(d) $400 per week.
2. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(b) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(c) Frank's wife.
(d) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
3. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
(a) Seventeenth Century.
(d) Eighteenth Century.
4. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
(a) Love letters.
(c) Grocery lists.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The tube.
(c) Inns of the Court.
(d) Globe Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
2. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
3. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
4. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
5. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)