|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
(a) Which books to send next.
(b) Where Helene should stay in London.
(c) Who should visit Helene.
(d) Powdered eggs or fresh eggs.
2. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) A book festival.
(b) The summer.
(c) A week at the beach.
(d) The Coronation.
3. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
(b) Grocery lists.
(d) Love letters.
4. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $200 per week.
(b) $20 per week.
(c) $400 per week.
(d) $40 per week.
5. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) A card.
(b) The flyleaf.
(c) The back cover.
(d) The first page.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
3. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
4. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
5. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)