|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Pepys' Diary.
(b) Elizabethan Poems.
(c) Eric Coates' London Suite.
(d) Vulgate Latin.
2. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
3. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(b) Red wine.
(c) Red nail polish.
4. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His summer house.
(b) His Porsche.
(c) His new house.
(d) His honeymoon.
5. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
2. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
3. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
4. What TV series is Helene writing for?
5. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)