|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $400 per week.
(b) $20 per week.
(c) $40 per week.
(d) $200 per week.
2. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Donates them to a library.
(c) Gives them to friends.
(d) Leaves them on a park bench.
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(b) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(c) Frank's wife.
(d) Frank's eighty year old mother.
4. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The back cover.
(b) The flyleaf.
(c) A card.
(d) The first page.
5. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
2. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
3. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
4. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
5. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)