|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Pepys' Diary.
(b) Elizabethan Poems.
(c) Eric Coates' London Suite.
(d) Vulgate Latin.
2. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
(b) Library sales.
(c) Country estates.
3. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
(a) Gum surgery.
(b) Her wisdom teeth removed.
(c) A root canal.
(d) Her teeth capped.
4. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
5. What TV series is Helene writing for?
(a) Perry Mason.
(b) Petticoat Junction.
(c) Ellery Queen.
(d) Hitchcock Presents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
2. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
3. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
4. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
5. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)