|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
(a) Love letters.
(b) Grocery lists.
2. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
3. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
4. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
(b) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(c) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(d) Bayuk Cigars.
5. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
2. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
3. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
4. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
5. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)