|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) Elizabethan poems.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Leigh Hunt.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
2. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(c) Red wine.
(d) Red nail polish.
3. What TV series is Helene writing for?
(a) Petticoat Junction.
(b) Ellery Queen.
(c) Perry Mason.
(d) Hitchcock Presents.
4. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Her birthday.
(c) Cecily's birthday.
5. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
2. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
3. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
4. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
5. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)