|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Gives them to friends.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Leaves them on a park bench.
(d) Donates them to a library.
2. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
(a) Treacle tart.
(b) Yorkshire Pudding.
(d) Christmas pudding.
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's wife.
(b) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(c) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(d) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
4. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
(c) Library sales.
(d) Country estates.
5. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
(b) Mrs. Boulton.
(c) Mr. Marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank buy in the summer of 1952?
2. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
3. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
4. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
5. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)