|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His new house.
(b) His summer house.
(c) His Porsche.
(d) His honeymoon.
2. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) Leigh Hunt.
(d) Elizabethan poems.
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's wife.
(b) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(c) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(d) Frank's eighty year old mother.
4. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
(a) $350 per month.
(b) $250 per script.
(c) $250 per week.
(d) $300 per script.
5. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
2. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
3. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
4. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
5. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)