|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(b) Frank's wife.
(c) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(d) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
2. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
(a) Gum surgery.
(b) Her wisdom teeth removed.
(c) A root canal.
(d) Her teeth capped.
3. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
4. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(a) Red wine.
(d) Red nail polish.
5. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $20 per week.
(b) $40 per week.
(c) $400 per week.
(d) $200 per week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
2. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
3. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
4. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
5. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)