|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
2. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
3. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
(b) Little Women.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
4. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Helene will visit England.
(b) Helene will send nylons.
(c) Helene will invite her to America.
(d) Helene will send more eggs.
5. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
(a) Her teeth capped.
(b) Gum surgery.
(c) Her wisdom teeth removed.
(d) A root canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
2. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
3. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
4. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
5. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)