|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $40 per week.
(b) $400 per week.
(c) $20 per week.
(d) $200 per week.
2. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Mail them to Frank.
(c) Paper her walls.
(d) Wrap things in them.
3. What does Frank buy in the summer of 1952?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) A dog.
4. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) The Coronation.
(b) The summer.
(c) A week at the beach.
(d) A book festival.
5. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
(c) Soap and soda water.
(d) Dry cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
2. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
3. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
4. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
5. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)