|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
(a) Send her the Dictionary to the Vulgate.
(b) Helene should stay with Frank's family.
(c) Send fresh eggs.
(d) Cecily will go to America.
2. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The flyleaf.
(b) A card.
(c) The first page.
(d) The back cover.
3. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Donates them to a library.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Leaves them on a park bench.
(d) Gives them to friends.
4. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
(b) Soap and soda water.
(d) Dry cloth.
5. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Rare poems.
(b) Gold letters on the cover.
(c) Pages edged in gold.
(d) The inscription.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
2. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
3. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
4. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
5. What does Frank buy in the summer of 1952?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)