|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(c) Red wine.
(d) Red nail polish.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Inns of the Court.
(b) Globe Theater.
(c) The tube.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's wife.
(b) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(c) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(d) Frank's eighty year old mother.
4. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Coffee and chocolate.
(b) Tears and smears.
(c) Wine and crumbs.
(d) Gin and ashes.
5. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
(a) Love letters.
(d) Grocery lists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
2. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
3. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
4. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
5. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)