|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
2. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(b) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(c) Frank's wife.
(d) Frank's eighty year old mother.
3. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Helene will send nylons.
(b) Helene will invite her to America.
(c) Helene will visit England.
(d) Helene will send more eggs.
4. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
5. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
2. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
3. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
4. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
5. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)