|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
(b) Special courier.
(d) Book Post.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Globe Theater.
(b) The tube.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Inns of the Court.
3. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) She might have to pay a duty.
(b) She might already have one.
(c) It won't fit.
(d) She won't like the color.
4. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
5. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
(a) Powdered eggs or fresh eggs.
(b) Which books to send next.
(c) Who should visit Helene.
(d) Where Helene should stay in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
2. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
3. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
4. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
5. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)