|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
(a) Love letters.
(d) Grocery lists.
2. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The flyleaf.
(b) The first page.
(c) The back cover.
(d) A card.
3. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
4. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To send her free books.
(b) To stay with his family in London.
(c) To visit her in America.
(d) To send her anything from London.
5. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
(b) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(c) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(d) Bayuk Cigars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
2. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
3. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
4. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
5. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)