|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
(c) Brian's birthday.
(d) Her birthday.
2. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Donates them to a library.
(c) Leaves them on a park bench.
(d) Gives them to friends.
3. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(a) Red nail polish.
(b) Red wine.
4. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Tears and smears.
(b) Coffee and chocolate.
(c) Wine and crumbs.
(d) Gin and ashes.
5. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
(a) Country estates.
(d) Library sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
2. What does Frank buy in the summer of 1952?
3. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
4. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
5. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)