|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
(a) Five months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Seven months.
2. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
3. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Greek New Testament.
(b) Latin Bible.
(c) Latin New Testament.
(d) Hebrew Bible.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Presbyterian cousins.
(b) Methodist sister-in-law.
(c) Catholic sister-in-law.
(d) Baptist mother.
5. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
2. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
3. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
4. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
5. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake is Helene afraid she made by sending a ham in her Christmas package to Marks & Co.?
2. What does the staff of Marks & Co. send to Helene to thank her for her generosity?
3. Why does Cecily request that Helene save any travel plans to England until 1955?
4. What news about Megan and Cecily does Frank share in 1964?
5. How does Helene respond when Cecily expresses concern for how much Helene spends on the care packages she sends?
6. Why does Helene have to stall her travel plans to England in 1953?
7. Why is Helene concerned that Frank may be ripping pages out of books?
8. Why does Nora wish she and Frank owned their own bookshop?
9. What is written in the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. bookstore?
10. Why is Helene upset about the Pepys' Diary sent to her?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)