|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(c) Boarding house.
2. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
(a) $300 per script.
(b) $350 per month.
(c) $250 per week.
(d) $250 per script.
3. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $400 per week.
(b) $40 per week.
(c) $200 per week.
(d) $20 per week.
4. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's wife.
(b) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(c) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(d) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
5. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
(b) Real eggs.
6. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
7. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
8. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
9. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
10. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
(c) Brian's birthday.
(d) Her birthday.
11. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Globe Theater.
(c) Inns of the Court.
(d) The tube.
12. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(b) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(c) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
(d) Bayuk Cigars.
13. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
(b) Dry cloth.
(c) Soap and soda water.
14. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
(a) Nestle bars.
15. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
2. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
3. What TV series is Helene writing for?
4. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
5. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)