|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
(a) Which books to send next.
(b) Powdered eggs or fresh eggs.
(c) Where Helene should stay in London.
(d) Who should visit Helene.
2. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
(a) Mr. Marks.
(b) Mrs. Boulton.
3. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
4. What TV series is Helene writing for?
(a) Perry Mason.
(b) Hitchcock Presents.
(c) Ellery Queen.
(d) Petticoat Junction.
5. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
6. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
7. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
(b) Books of poetry.
8. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(b) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(c) Bayuk Cigars.
(d) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
9. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
(a) Soap and soda water.
(c) Dry cloth.
10. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
(a) Tins of tongue.
(b) Tins of chocolate.
(c) Rack of lamb.
(d) Whole turkey.
11. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
12. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Gold letters on the cover.
(b) The inscription.
(c) Pages edged in gold.
(d) Rare poems.
13. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Tears and smears.
(b) Coffee and chocolate.
(c) Wine and crumbs.
(d) Gin and ashes.
14. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
15. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
(a) Eighteenth Century.
(b) Seventeenth Century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
2. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
3. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
4. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
5. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)