|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
2. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
3. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
4. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
(b) Saks Fifth Avenue.
(c) Overseas Associates.
(d) Brimley and Bircher Associates.
5. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
6. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
7. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
8. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(b) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
(c) Bayuk Cigars.
(d) Bazooka Bubblegum.
9. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $200 per week.
(b) $400 per week.
(c) $40 per week.
(d) $20 per week.
10. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
11. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Neville Chamberlain.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
12. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
13. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Paper her walls.
(b) Mail them to Frank.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Wrap things in them.
14. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
15. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
Short Answer Questions
1. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
2. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
3. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
4. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
5. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)