|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
(a) $350 per month.
(b) $300 per script.
(c) $250 per week.
(d) $250 per script.
2. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) With highest regard.
(c) Yours faithfully.
3. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Neville Chamberlain.
(d) Margaret Thatcher.
4. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In the RAF.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a wheelchair.
(d) In France.
5. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(b) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(c) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(d) Frank's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
2. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
3. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
4. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
5. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)