|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank live in London?
(a) 53 Oxford Lane.
(b) Above Marks & Co.
(c) Covent Gardens.
(d) 37 Oakfield Court.
2. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
(a) Aesop's Tales.
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Greek Myths.
(d) Imaginary Conversations.
3. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(b) Boarding house.
4. Helene's first American history dramatization is about the British occupation of where from 1776-1783?
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) Rhode Island.
(d) New York.
5. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
2. What term does Helene complain of being used instead of "cheap" in her letter of January 10, 1958?
3. Where does Frank report to Helene that Megan will be moving to in 1955?
4. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
5. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)