|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) Leigh Hunt.
(d) Elizabethan poems.
2. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The first page.
(b) The flyleaf.
(c) A card.
(d) The back cover.
3. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
(a) Country estates.
(d) Library sales.
4. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) January 1950.
(b) March 1950.
(c) December 1949.
(d) November 1949.
5. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(a) Latest edition bestsellers.
(b) Out-of-print books.
(c) Rare collectors' editions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank sends Helene a modern version of ___________ in 1963.
2. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
3. What kind of books had Helene told Frank she was buying more of in 1969?
4. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
5. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)