|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Gin and ashes.
(b) Coffee and chocolate.
(c) Wine and crumbs.
(d) Tears and smears.
2. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
3. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Leaves them on a park bench.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Gives them to friends.
(d) Donates them to a library.
4. What famous Englishman does Helene write a Hallmark Hall of Fame script about?
(a) Prince Phillip.
(b) King Henry.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Sam Pepys.
5. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Quentin Conch.
(b) Captain Quillen.
(c) Couch Quinery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
2. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
3. What was the cause of Frank's death?
4. Helene gets a book of poems by ____________ for a Christmas gift in 1959?
5. Helene expresses in 1963 that while she appreciates the latest book Frank sent, she doesn't like ___________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)