|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A poor writer.
(b) A wealthy heiress.
(c) A poor teacher.
(d) A bored housewife.
2. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(d) Boarding house.
3. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
(a) The Book-Lovers' Anthology.
(b) John Donne.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
4. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(c) Rare first editions.
5. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(b) Bayuk Cigars.
(c) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
(d) Bazooka Bubblegum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of books is Helene writing in 1964?
2. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
3. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
4. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
5. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)