|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Helene permission to publish her correspondence with Frank?
2. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To send her free books.
(b) To send her anything from London.
(c) To stay with his family in London.
(d) To visit her in America.
3. How much Grant-in-Aid does Helene win to write American history dramatizations?
4. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
(a) Which books to send next.
(b) Powdered eggs or fresh eggs.
(c) Who should visit Helene.
(d) Where Helene should stay in London.
5. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
Short Answer Questions
1. In her September 1969 letter, Helene doubted Frank could find works by ________________ in the stately homes of England.
2. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
3. Whose memoirs does Frank send Helene in 1961, saying her credit is always good with Marks & Co.?
4. Helene gets a book of poems by ____________ for a Christmas gift in 1959?
5. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)