|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene gets a book of poems by ____________ for a Christmas gift in 1959?
(a) John Donne and William Blake.
(b) John Donne and Robert Browning.
(c) Robert Browning and William Blake.
(d) William Blake and William Shakespeare.
2. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) Rockefeller Plaza.
(b) 17th Street.
(c) 42nd Street.
(d) Times Square.
3. Whose memoirs does Frank send Helene in 1961, saying her credit is always good with Marks & Co.?
(a) Duke of Normandy.
(b) Duke de Somerville.
(c) Duke de Saint-Simon.
(d) Duke Wellington.
4. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
5. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(c) Yours faithfully.
(d) With highest regard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
2. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
3. Where does Frank say Nora has been for several months when he writes Helene in March 1958?
4. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
5. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)