|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(c) Rare first editions.
2. In her January 1956 letter Helene tells Frank she is saving her money to come to England when?
(a) Next fall.
(b) For Easter.
(c) For Christmas.
(d) Next summer.
3. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To send her free books.
(b) To stay with his family in London.
(c) To visit her in America.
(d) To send her anything from London.
4. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
(a) Mr. Marks.
(b) Mrs. Boulton.
5. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(b) Hazlitt essays.
(c) Leigh Hunt essays.
(d) Virginibus Puerisque.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
2. What company awards Helene the Grant-in-Aid money to write American history dramatizations?
3. Where does Frank report to Helene that Megan will be moving to in 1955?
4. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
5. Helene requests books on behalf of a friend to complete his set of ____________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)