|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
(b) Brian's birthday.
(c) Her birthday.
2. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
3. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
(a) None is correct.
4. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
5. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Tears and smears.
(b) Coffee and chocolate.
(c) Wine and crumbs.
(d) Gin and ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
2. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
3. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
4. Who does Frank report to Helene has been taken to live in a home in the spring of 1956?
5. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)