|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Helene permission to publish her correspondence with Frank?
2. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
(a) Dry cloth.
(b) Soap and soda water.
3. Whose music does Frank admit to liking in his 1965 letter to Helene?
(a) Sony and Cher.
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(d) The Beatles.
4. What books did Helene want to find for her young friend's birthday in 1969?
(a) Oliver Cromwell.
(b) Virginia Woolf.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Jane Austen.
5. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
2. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
3. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
4. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
5. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)