|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
(a) Credit card.
(b) Personal check.
(d) Postal money order.
2. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Hazlitt essays.
(b) Leigh Hunt essays.
(c) Virginibus Puerisque.
(d) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
3. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Latin New Testament.
(b) Greek New Testament.
(c) Hebrew Bible.
(d) Latin Bible.
4. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Three ounces per week.
(b) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(c) Two ounces per week.
(d) One chicken per month.
5. What kind of books had Helene told Frank she was buying more of in 1969?
(a) American history books.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Oliver Cromwell.
(d) English novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank tell Helene in a 1964 letter that he hasn't heard from in a number of years?
2. Where does Frank's daughter Mary work in 1969?
3. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
4. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
5. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)