|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His honeymoon.
(b) His Porsche.
(c) His new house.
(d) His summer house.
2. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(a) Rare first editions.
3. Where does Frank tell Helene in a 1964 letter that Megan Wells was headed the last time Frank heard from her?
(a) South Africa.
4. What books did Helene want to find for her young friend's birthday in 1969?
(a) Virginia Woolf.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Oliver Cromwell.
(d) James Madison.
5. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A fifty-story high-rise.
(b) A two-story boarding house.
(c) A five-story brownstone.
(d) A five-room house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helene ask Frank's family to pray for in the fall of 1955?
2. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
3. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
4. Where does Frank say Nora has been for several months when he writes Helene in March 1958?
5. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)