|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(b) Red wine.
(d) Red nail polish.
2. What happens to the TV series Helene writes scripts for?
(a) She is fired.
(b) It moves to Hollywood.
(c) It moves to London.
(d) It is cancelled.
3. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A fifty-story high-rise.
(b) A five-story brownstone.
(c) A two-story boarding house.
(d) A five-room house.
4. What does Helene promise to give to Sheila and Mary's children?
(a) Her Collected Juvenile Works.
(b) Her book collection.
(c) Her English tea set.
(d) U.S. savings bonds.
5. Who does Frank report visited Marks & Co. in May 1957?
(a) Ginny and Ed.
(d) Brian and Kay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
2. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
3. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
4. What does Helene do for a living?
5. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)