|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Seven months.
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
(a) An older gentleman.
(c) Quite nice looking.
3. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To send her free books.
(b) To stay with his family in London.
(c) To send her anything from London.
(d) To visit her in America.
4. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
5. Where does Frank say Nora has been for several months when he writes Helene in March 1958?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
2. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
3. Helene expresses in 1963 that while she appreciates the latest book Frank sent, she doesn't like ___________.
4. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
5. What does Helene promise to give to Sheila and Mary's children?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)