|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
(a) Which books to send next.
(b) Where Helene should stay in London.
(c) Powdered eggs or fresh eggs.
(d) Who should visit Helene.
2. Who is Helene informed died just before Frank's death?
(c) Mr. Marks.
(d) Mr. Cohen.
3. Who does Frank report to Helene has been taken to live in a home in the spring of 1956?
(a) Cecily Farr.
(b) Bill Humphries.
(c) George Martin.
(d) Mrs. Boulton.
4. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To send her free books.
(b) To send her anything from London.
(c) To stay with his family in London.
(d) To visit her in America.
5. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The first page.
(b) The back cover.
(c) A card.
(d) The flyleaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of place does Helene live in?
2. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
3. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
4. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
5. Whose work does Helene admit to feeling guilty for never having read?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)