|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene is deeply disappointed to find __________ has been deleted from the Sermons she likes to read aloud.
2. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A poor teacher.
(b) A poor writer.
(c) A wealthy heiress.
(d) A bored housewife.
3. What book did Helene tell Frank she did NOT enjoy reading in her January 1956 letter?
4. What does Helene promise to give to Sheila and Mary's children?
(a) U.S. savings bonds.
(b) Her Collected Juvenile Works.
(c) Her English tea set.
(d) Her book collection.
5. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Pilgrim's Way.
(b) The Parish Guild.
(c) The Complete works of Q.
(d) The Penguin's Path.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
2. How much did Harper's Magazine pay Helene for an article in 1961?
3. In her September 1969 letter, Helene doubted Frank could find works by ________________ in the stately homes of England.
4. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)