|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
2. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Paper her walls.
(b) Wrap things in them.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Mail them to Frank.
3. Helene gets a book of poems by ____________ for a Christmas gift in 1959?
(a) Robert Browning and William Blake.
(b) William Blake and William Shakespeare.
(c) John Donne and William Blake.
(d) John Donne and Robert Browning.
4. How much did Harper's Magazine pay Helene for an article in 1961?
5. Who does Frank tell Helene in a 1964 letter that he hasn't heard from in a number of years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of books is Helene writing in 1964?
2. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. Who did M. De Tocqueville predict would run the world?
4. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
5. How many volumes are in the collection of Donne Sermons Helene wanted in March, 1960?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)