|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank tell Helene he has not forgotten in his March 1958 letter?
2. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
(a) Soap and soda water.
(c) Dry cloth.
3. Frank sends Helene a modern version of ___________ in 1963.
(a) Canterbury Tales.
4. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Virginibus Puerisque.
(b) Hazlitt essays.
(c) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(d) Leigh Hunt essays.
5. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
(a) 17th Street.
(c) Rockefeller Plaza.
(d) Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene spend her "England money" on in 1957?
2. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
3. Who does Helene ask Frank's family to pray for in the fall of 1955?
4. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
5. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)