|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
(a) East 95th Street.
(b) Charing Cross Road.
(d) West 42nd Street.
2. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
(b) Postal money order.
(c) Personal check.
(d) Credit card.
3. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Coffee and chocolate.
(b) Gin and ashes.
(c) Tears and smears.
(d) Wine and crumbs.
4. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
5. How much Grant-in-Aid does Helene win to write American history dramatizations?
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
2. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
3. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
4. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)