|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(d) Newman's Idea of a University.
2. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Cecily's birthday.
3. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
(a) Ben Marks.
(b) Frank Doel.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Megan Wells.
4. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Pilgrim's Way.
(b) The Penguin's Path.
(c) The Parish Guild.
(d) The Complete works of Q.
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(b) Studious librarian.
(c) Distinguished professor.
(d) Broadway panhandler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
2. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
3. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
4. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
5. What kind of books is Helene writing in 1964?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)