|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the "hordes of tourists" who Frank says have diminished Marks &Co. books supplies in the summer of 1969?
2. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Barnes & Noble.
(c) Saturday Review of Literature.
(d) Bookpress Monthly.
3. Whose popular book of correspondence does Frank send to Helene in March 1960?
(a) Bernard Shaw.
(b) Shah of Iran.
(c) Bernard Straun.
(d) Shawn Berner.
4. Who gives Helene permission to publish her correspondence with Frank?
5. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) She won't like the color.
(b) It won't fit.
(c) She might have to pay a duty.
(d) She might already have one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Helene discovered makes the perfect page cutter?
2. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
3. Who is said to have seen the prophet Ezekiel in the introduction to the book of poetry that Helene gets as a Christmas gift in 1959?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
5. Whose music does Frank admit to liking in his 1965 letter to Helene?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)