|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) June, 1950.
(b) September, 1950.
(c) May, 1949.
(d) October, 1949.
2. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
(a) The garbage.
(b) A library in an English estate.
(c) The Library of Congress.
(d) A museum.
3. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) Leigh Hunt.
(b) Elizabethan poems.
(c) Pepys' Diary.
(d) James Joyce.
4. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(a) Sam Pepys'.
(b) Anne Frank's.
5. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Refurbishes them.
(c) Sends them to an artist.
(d) Uses them for packing material.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank say Nora has been for several months when he writes Helene in March 1958?
2. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
3. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
4. Who does Frank tell Helene in a 1964 letter that he hasn't heard from in a number of years?
5. Helene gets a book of poems by ____________ for a Christmas gift in 1959?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)