|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
(d) Real eggs.
2. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(a) Young and sophisticated.
(c) Very stylish.
3. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(a) Rare collectors' editions.
(b) Out-of-print books.
(d) Latest edition bestsellers.
4. What books did Helene want to find for her young friend's birthday in 1969?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Virginia Woolf.
(c) Oliver Cromwell.
(d) James Madison.
5. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Ben Marks.
(c) Frank Doel.
(d) Megan Wells.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her September 1969 letter, Helene doubted Frank could find works by ________________ in the stately homes of England.
2. Whose memoirs does Frank send Helene in 1961, saying her credit is always good with Marks & Co.?
3. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
4. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
5. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)