|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene expresses in 1963 that while she appreciates the latest book Frank sent, she doesn't like ___________.
2. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
(c) None is correct.
3. Who does Helene ask Frank's family to pray for in the fall of 1955?
(a) The New York Yankees.
(b) The Boston Red Sox.
(c) The New York Mets.
(d) The Brooklyn Dodgers.
4. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The back cover.
(b) A card.
(c) The flyleaf.
(d) The first page.
5. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
2. How does Helene learn of Frank's death?
3. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
4. Whose popular book of correspondence does Frank send to Helene in March 1960?
5. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)