|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Two ounces per week.
(b) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(c) One chicken per month.
(d) Three ounces per week.
2. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Greek New Testament.
(b) Hebrew Bible.
(c) Latin Bible.
(d) Latin New Testament.
3. What does Helene promise to give to Sheila and Mary's children?
(a) Her English tea set.
(b) Her Collected Juvenile Works.
(c) Her book collection.
(d) U.S. savings bonds.
4. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
(a) None is correct.
5. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
2. Who does Frank report visited Marks & Co. in May 1957?
3. Where does Frank tell Helene all the tourists are making a pilgrimage to in 1965?
4. What is the occupation of most of the American visitors Frank notices are coming to England in greater numbers?
5. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)