|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the "hordes of tourists" who Frank says have diminished Marks &Co. books supplies in the summer of 1969?
2. Why is Helene evicted from her apartment in 1957?
(a) Books stacked in the hallway.
(b) Loud parties.
(c) Unpaid rent.
(d) Building renovations.
3. What is the largest amount of cash Helene ever sends to Marks & Co. at one time?
4. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Buckingham Street.
(b) Wimpole Street.
(c) Westminster Street.
(d) Berkeley Street.
5. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) 42nd Street.
(b) Times Square.
(c) 17th Street.
(d) Rockefeller Plaza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
2. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
3. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
4. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)