|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(b) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
(c) Bayuk Cigars.
(d) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
2. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) A wonderful sense of humor.
(b) Mental instability.
(c) Odd taste in literature.
(d) A mean streak.
3. Whose memoirs does Frank send Helene in 1961, saying her credit is always good with Marks & Co.?
(a) Duke of Normandy.
(b) Duke Wellington.
(c) Duke de Saint-Simon.
(d) Duke de Somerville.
4. What does Helene send in her Coronation celebration package to Frank?
5. How much was Helene advanced to write her life story in 1961?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
2. Who does Helene compare herself to in her January 1958 letter?
3. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
4. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
5. How much Grant-in-Aid does Helene win to write American history dramatizations?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)