|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora tell Helene she hates doing in her May 1958 letter?
2. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(b) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(c) Frank's wife.
(d) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
3. Who does Helene ask Frank's family to pray for in the fall of 1955?
(a) The New York Mets.
(b) The Boston Red Sox.
(c) The New York Yankees.
(d) The Brooklyn Dodgers.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The tube.
(c) Inns of the Court.
(d) Globe Theater.
5. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(b) Very stylish.
(c) Young and sophisticated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
2. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
3. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
4. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
5. Who gives Helene permission to publish her correspondence with Frank?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)