|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Helene informed died just before Frank's death?
(c) Mr. Marks.
(d) Mr. Cohen.
2. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She is disappointed in the quality.
(b) She decides it is too expensive.
(c) She gives it as a gift.
(d) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
3. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) John Donne.
(c) The Book-Lovers' Anthology.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
4. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(b) Mr. Cohen.
(c) The rest of the staff.
(d) Mr. Marks.
5. What kind of club does Helene belong to in 1960?
(a) Ladies Auxiliary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous Englishman does Helene write a Hallmark Hall of Fame script about?
2. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
3. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
4. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
5. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)