|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
(d) Little Women.
2. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Pilgrim's Way.
(b) The Parish Guild.
(c) The Complete works of Q.
(d) The Penguin's Path.
3. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His Porsche.
(b) His summer house.
(c) His honeymoon.
(d) His new house.
4. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Leaves them on a park bench.
(c) Gives them to friends.
(d) Donates them to a library.
5. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Helene complain of being used instead of "cheap" in her letter of January 10, 1958?
2. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
3. What type of place does Helene live in?
4. What books did Helene want to find for her young friend's birthday in 1969?
5. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)