|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(b) Virginibus Puerisque.
(c) Hazlitt essays.
(d) Leigh Hunt essays.
2. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
(a) Times Square.
(b) Rockefeller Plaza.
(d) 17th Street.
3. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
4. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(c) Rare first editions.
5. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
2. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
4. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
5. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)