|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
2. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
(b) Eighteenth Century.
(d) Seventeenth Century.
3. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
(a) Nestle bars.
4. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
5. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(b) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(c) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(d) Frank's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
2. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
3. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
4. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
5. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)