|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
2. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(b) Boarding house.
3. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(b) Times Square.
(c) 17th Street.
(d) Rockefeller Center.
4. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) A week at the beach.
(b) The summer.
(c) A book festival.
(d) The Coronation.
5. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) May, 1949.
(b) September, 1950.
(c) October, 1949.
(d) June, 1950.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
2. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
3. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
4. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
5. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)