|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Pilgrim's Way.
(b) The Parish Guild.
(c) The Complete works of Q.
(d) The Penguin's Path.
2. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
(a) Brian's birthday.
(d) Her birthday.
3. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) She might have to pay a duty.
(b) It won't fit.
(c) She might already have one.
(d) She won't like the color.
4. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) Bring back childhood memories.
(b) Remind him of a trip to America.
(c) Can only be found on the black market.
(d) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
5. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
2. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
3. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
4. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)