|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) A book festival.
(b) The Coronation.
(c) A week at the beach.
(d) The summer.
2. What TV series is Helene writing for?
(a) Ellery Queen.
(b) Petticoat Junction.
(c) Perry Mason.
(d) Hitchcock Presents.
3. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
4. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) Neville Chamberlain.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Winston Churchill.
5. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
(b) How vulgar they are.
(c) How badly they treat Jews.
(d) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
2. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
4. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
5. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)