|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
2. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
3. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
4. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
(a) Brian's birthday.
(b) Her birthday.
5. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) Neville Chamberlain.
(d) Winston Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
2. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
3. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
4. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
5. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)