|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
(b) Her birthday.
(d) Brian's birthday.
2. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(b) Her classroom is drafty.
(c) The library is often cold.
(d) Her store is rarely heated.
3. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
4. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) Leigh Hunt.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) Elizabethan poems.
(d) James Joyce.
5. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $40 per week.
(b) $200 per week.
(c) $20 per week.
(d) $400 per week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
2. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
4. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
5. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)