|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
2. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Greek New Testament.
(b) Latin New Testament.
(c) Latin Bible.
(d) Hebrew Bible.
3. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Helene will visit England.
(b) Helene will invite her to America.
(c) Helene will send nylons.
(d) Helene will send more eggs.
4. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
(a) Send fresh eggs.
(b) Send her the Dictionary to the Vulgate.
(c) Helene should stay with Frank's family.
(d) Cecily will go to America.
5. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(b) Newman's Idea of a University.
(c) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
3. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
4. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)