|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
(b) Sheet music.
(c) Hard-cover vocal scores.
(d) Hard-cover first editions.
2. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
3. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His honeymoon.
(b) His new house.
(c) His Porsche.
(d) His summer house.
4. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
5. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
(c) Eighteenth Century.
(d) Seventeenth Century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
2. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
3. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
4. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
5. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)