|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Dickenson or Frost.
(b) Wyatt or Jonson.
(c) Keats or Shelley.
(d) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
2. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
3. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(a) Boarding house.
4. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
(a) Tins of tongue.
(b) Rack of lamb.
(c) Whole turkey.
(d) Tins of chocolate.
5. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
(b) Little Women.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
2. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
3. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
4. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
5. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)