|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
(a) Chocolate candy.
(b) Raisins and eggs.
2. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
3. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
4. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(b) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
(c) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(d) Bayuk Cigars.
5. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(b) Red nail polish.
(c) Red wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
2. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
3. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
4. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
5. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)