|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(c) Rare first editions.
2. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) Sweaters and scarves.
(b) A six pound ham.
(c) A dozen eggs.
(d) Six steaks.
3. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
(b) An older gentleman.
(d) Quite nice looking.
4. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
5. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
(a) Cecily will go to America.
(b) Send her the Dictionary to the Vulgate.
(c) Helene should stay with Frank's family.
(d) Send fresh eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
2. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
3. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
4. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
5. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)