|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
(a) Library sales.
(c) Country estates.
2. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Wine and crumbs.
(b) Coffee and chocolate.
(c) Gin and ashes.
(d) Tears and smears.
3. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Globe Theater.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Inns of the Court.
(d) The tube.
5. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
2. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
3. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
4. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
5. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)