|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(b) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(c) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(d) Frank's wife.
2. What TV series is Helene writing for?
(a) Ellery Queen.
(b) Petticoat Junction.
(c) Hitchcock Presents.
(d) Perry Mason.
3. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(a) Very stylish.
(d) Young and sophisticated.
4. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For using poor grammar.
(b) For not having love poems.
(c) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
(d) For sending the wrong books.
5. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(b) Latest edition bestsellers.
(c) Out-of-print books.
(d) Rare collectors' editions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
2. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
3. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
4. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
5. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)