|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
2. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(b) Frank's wife.
(c) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(d) Frank's eighty year old mother.
4. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
(b) Charing Cross Road.
(c) West 42nd Street.
(d) East 95th Street.
5. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
2. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
3. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
4. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
5. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)