|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
2. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
(a) Yorkshire Pudding.
(b) Treacle tart.
(d) Christmas pudding.
3. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
4. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
(a) Six months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Eight months.
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(a) Distinguished professor.
(b) Studious librarian.
(d) Broadway panhandler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
2. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
3. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
4. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)