|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
(a) Yorkshire Pudding.
(b) Treacle tart.
(c) Christmas pudding.
2. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
3. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
(a) Aquarian booksellers.
(b) Expensive antiques.
(c) Antiquarian booksellers.
(d) Rare and special.
4. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
(a) Helene should stay with Frank's family.
(b) Cecily will go to America.
(c) Send fresh eggs.
(d) Send her the Dictionary to the Vulgate.
5. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
(b) Hard-cover first editions.
(c) Sheet music.
(d) Hard-cover vocal scores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
2. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
3. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
4. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
5. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)