|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
(a) The Latin Bible.
(b) The long silence between letters.
(c) The incorrect billing amount.
(d) The poor condition of the books.
2. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
3. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
4. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Leigh Hunt essays.
(b) Hazlitt essays.
(c) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(d) Virginibus Puerisque.
5. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
(a) The Book-Lovers' Anthology.
(b) Wuthering Heights.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
2. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
3. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
4. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
5. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)