|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) The summer.
(b) A book festival.
(c) A week at the beach.
(d) The Coronation.
2. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) September, 1950.
(b) May, 1949.
(c) June, 1950.
(d) October, 1949.
3. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
(d) Books of poetry.
4. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
(b) Hard-cover first editions.
(c) Sheet music.
(d) Hard-cover vocal scores.
5. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Refurbishes them.
(b) Uses them for packing material.
(c) Sends them to an artist.
(d) Burns them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
2. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
3. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
4. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
5. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)