|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) A dozen eggs.
(b) Sweaters and scarves.
(c) A six pound ham.
(d) Six steaks.
2. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(b) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(c) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(d) Frank's wife.
4. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His honeymoon.
(b) His summer house.
(c) His Porsche.
(d) His new house.
5. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(b) Cecily's birthday.
(d) Her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
2. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
3. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
4. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
5. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)