|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
2. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
3. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Vulgate Latin.
(b) Elizabethan Poems.
(c) Eric Coates' London Suite.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
4. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
(b) For not having love poems.
(c) For sending the wrong books.
(d) For using poor grammar.
5. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(a) Times Square.
(b) 17th Street.
(c) Rockefeller Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
2. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
3. What type of place does Helene live in?
4. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
5. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)