|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His new house.
(b) His summer house.
(c) His Porsche.
(d) His honeymoon.
2. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Neville Chamberlain.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
3. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
(a) A library in an English estate.
(b) A museum.
(c) The garbage.
(d) The Library of Congress.
4. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
5. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
2. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
3. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
4. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)