|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
(b) Remind him of a trip to America.
(c) Bring back childhood memories.
(d) Can only be found on the black market.
2. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
(b) Chocolate candy.
(c) Raisins and eggs.
3. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
(a) Mr. Marks.
(b) Mrs. Boulton.
4. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her British niece.
(b) Her niece's boyfriend.
(c) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(d) Her British neighbor.
5. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Neville Chamberlain.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Winston Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
2. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
3. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
4. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
5. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)