|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Brian's birthday.
2. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
3. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
(a) Rockefeller Plaza.
(b) Times Square.
(c) 17th Street.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) The tube.
(b) Globe Theater.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Inns of the Court.
5. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Latin New Testament.
(b) Hebrew Bible.
(c) Latin Bible.
(d) Greek New Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
2. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
3. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
4. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
5. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)