|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Neville Chamberlain.
2. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For sending the wrong books.
(b) For not having love poems.
(c) For using poor grammar.
(d) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
3. What TV series is Helene writing for?
(a) Ellery Queen.
(b) Hitchcock Presents.
(c) Perry Mason.
(d) Petticoat Junction.
4. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) Rockefeller Plaza.
(b) 17th Street.
(c) Times Square.
(d) 42nd Street.
5. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His new house.
(b) His honeymoon.
(c) His summer house.
(d) His Porsche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
2. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
3. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
4. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
5. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)