|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
2. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Cecily's birthday.
(d) Her birthday.
3. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(b) Boarding house.
4. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Elizabethan poems.
(c) Leigh Hunt.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
5. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) Mr. Cohen.
(b) Mr. Marks.
(d) The rest of the staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
2. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
3. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
4. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
5. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)