|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Leaves them on a park bench.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Donates them to a library.
(d) Gives them to friends.
2. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
3. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Tears and smears.
(b) Coffee and chocolate.
(c) Gin and ashes.
(d) Wine and crumbs.
4. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
(a) A root canal.
(b) Her wisdom teeth removed.
(c) Her teeth capped.
(d) Gum surgery.
5. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
(a) Dead-white pages.
(b) Stiff cardboardy covers.
(c) Expensive wrapping.
(d) Soft vellum and heavy cream-colored pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of place does Helene live in?
2. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
3. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
4. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
5. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)