|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
2. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
(c) Mr. Marks.
(d) Mrs. Boulton.
3. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
4. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
5. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
(a) Tins of chocolate.
(b) Rack of lamb.
(c) Tins of tongue.
(d) Whole turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
2. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
3. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
4. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
5. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)