|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) 42nd Street.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Rockefeller Plaza.
(d) 17th Street.
2. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Keats or Shelley.
(b) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
(c) Dickenson or Frost.
(d) Wyatt or Jonson.
3. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Neville Chamberlain.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
4. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) Bring back childhood memories.
(b) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
(c) Can only be found on the black market.
(d) Remind him of a trip to America.
5. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She decides it is too expensive.
(b) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
(c) She gives it as a gift.
(d) She is disappointed in the quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
2. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
3. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
4. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
5. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)