|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
(a) Hard-cover first editions.
(b) Sheet music.
(d) Hard-cover vocal scores.
2. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
(a) Dry cloth.
(d) Soap and soda water.
3. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $40 per week.
(b) $400 per week.
(c) $20 per week.
(d) $200 per week.
4. What TV series is Helene writing for?
(a) Hitchcock Presents.
(b) Petticoat Junction.
(c) Ellery Queen.
(d) Perry Mason.
5. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) Pepys' Diary.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Leigh Hunt.
(d) Elizabethan poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
2. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
3. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
4. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
5. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)