|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Quentin Conch.
(c) Couch Quinery.
(d) Captain Quillen.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Baptist mother.
(b) Methodist sister-in-law.
(c) Catholic sister-in-law.
(d) Presbyterian cousins.
3. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) January 1950.
(b) November 1949.
(c) December 1949.
(d) March 1950.
4. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
5. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
(c) Seventeenth Century.
(d) Eighteenth Century.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
2. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
3. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
4. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
5. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)