|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
(a) Quite nice looking.
(c) An older gentleman.
3. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) Sweaters and scarves.
(b) A six pound ham.
(c) A dozen eggs.
(d) Six steaks.
4. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How badly they treat Jews.
(b) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
(c) How vulgar they are.
(d) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
5. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
2. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
4. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
5. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)