|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) A week at the beach.
(b) The summer.
(c) The Coronation.
(d) A book festival.
2. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) She might already have one.
(b) She won't like the color.
(c) It won't fit.
(d) She might have to pay a duty.
3. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Paper her walls.
(b) Mail them to Frank.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Wrap things in them.
4. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
(a) Library sales.
(d) Country estates.
5. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(a) Anne Frank's.
(c) Sam Pepys'.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
2. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
3. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
4. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
5. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)