|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Two ounces per week.
(b) One chicken per month.
(c) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(d) Three ounces per week.
2. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(b) Bayuk Cigars.
(c) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(d) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
3. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Dickenson or Frost.
(b) Wyatt or Jonson.
(c) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
(d) Keats or Shelley.
4. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
(a) Whole turkey.
(b) Tins of chocolate.
(c) Rack of lamb.
(d) Tins of tongue.
5. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
2. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
3. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
4. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
5. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)