|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She is disappointed in the quality.
(b) She decides it is too expensive.
(c) She gives it as a gift.
(d) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
2. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
(a) Hard-cover first editions.
(b) Sheet music.
(d) Hard-cover vocal scores.
3. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
4. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Two ounces per week.
(b) One chicken per month.
(c) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(d) Three ounces per week.
5. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Paper her walls.
(b) Wrap things in them.
(c) Mail them to Frank.
(d) Burn them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
2. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
3. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
4. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
5. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)