|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(b) Mr. Cohen.
(c) The rest of the staff.
(d) Mr. Marks.
2. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Berkeley Street.
(b) Westminster Street.
(c) Wimpole Street.
(d) Buckingham Street.
3. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
4. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(b) Studious librarian.
(c) Broadway panhandler.
(d) Distinguished professor.
5. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene do for a living?
2. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
3. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
4. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
5. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)