|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One from history books.
(b) One from old war movies.
(c) One found in the letters.
(d) One from English literature.
2. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
(a) Whole turkey.
(b) Tins of chocolate.
(c) Rack of lamb.
(d) Tins of tongue.
3. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
(a) Powdered eggs or fresh eggs.
(b) Where Helene should stay in London.
(c) Who should visit Helene.
(d) Which books to send next.
4. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
5. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) The rest of the staff.
(b) Mr. Cohen.
(c) Mr. Marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
2. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
3. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
4. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
5. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)