|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Elizabethan Poems.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) Vulgate Latin.
(d) Eric Coates' London Suite.
2. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) The rest of the staff.
(b) Mr. Marks.
(c) Mr. Cohen.
3. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(a) Rare collectors' editions.
(b) Out-of-print books.
(d) Latest edition bestsellers.
4. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In prison.
(b) In France.
(c) In a wheelchair.
(d) In the RAF.
5. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How badly they treat Jews.
(b) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(c) How vulgar they are.
(d) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
2. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
4. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
5. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)