|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A poor writer.
(b) A poor teacher.
(c) A wealthy heiress.
(d) A bored housewife.
2. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Greek New Testament.
(b) Latin New Testament.
(c) Hebrew Bible.
(d) Latin Bible.
3. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
(a) For writing in the library books.
(b) For not returning books on time.
(c) For not checking books out.
(d) For being too demanding of the librarians.
4. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She gives it as a gift.
(b) She decides it is too expensive.
(c) She is disappointed in the quality.
(d) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
5. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The back cover.
(b) A card.
(c) The first page.
(d) The flyleaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
2. What type of place does Helene live in?
3. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
4. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
5. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)