|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
(a) Overseas Associates.
(c) Brimley and Bircher Associates.
(d) Saks Fifth Avenue.
2. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(a) Rare collectors' editions.
(b) Out-of-print books.
(c) Latest edition bestsellers.
3. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
(a) Wuthering Heights.
(b) The Book-Lovers' Anthology.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
4. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
5. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) June, 1950.
(b) October, 1949.
(c) September, 1950.
(d) May, 1949.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
2. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
3. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
4. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)