|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Wrap things in them.
(b) Mail them to Frank.
(c) Paper her walls.
(d) Burn them.
2. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(a) Rare first editions.
3. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
4. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
5. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) 42nd Street.
(b) Rockefeller Plaza.
(c) 17th Street.
(d) Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
2. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
3. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
4. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
5. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)