|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Presbyterian cousins.
(b) Baptist mother.
(c) Methodist sister-in-law.
(d) Catholic sister-in-law.
3. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
4. What does Helene do for a living?
(a) Shop girl.
5. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Captain Quillen.
(c) Couch Quinery.
(d) Quentin Conch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
2. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
3. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
4. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
5. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)