|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
2. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She gives it as a gift.
(b) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
(c) She is disappointed in the quality.
(d) She decides it is too expensive.
3. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
4. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) Times Square.
(b) 17th Street.
(c) Rockefeller Plaza.
(d) 42nd Street.
5. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(b) Quentin Conch.
(c) Captain Quillen.
(d) Couch Quinery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
2. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
5. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)