|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Inns of the Court.
(c) Globe Theater.
(d) The tube.
3. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her British niece.
(b) Her niece's boyfriend.
(c) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(d) Her British neighbor.
4. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
(a) Seventeenth Century.
(c) Eighteenth Century.
5. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
(a) Gum surgery.
(b) A root canal.
(c) Her teeth capped.
(d) Her wisdom teeth removed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
2. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
3. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
4. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
5. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)