|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(b) 17th Street.
(c) Rockefeller Center.
(d) Times Square.
2. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Saturday Review of Literature.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Bookpress Monthly.
(d) Barnes & Noble.
3. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) Sweaters and scarves.
(b) A dozen eggs.
(c) Six steaks.
(d) A six pound ham.
4. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
(a) Gum surgery.
(b) A root canal.
(c) Her teeth capped.
(d) Her wisdom teeth removed.
5. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
(a) Seventeenth Century.
(c) Eighteenth Century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
2. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
3. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
4. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
5. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)