|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The back cover.
(b) A card.
(c) The flyleaf.
(d) The first page.
2. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(a) Distinguished professor.
(b) Studious librarian.
(d) Broadway panhandler.
3. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
4. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Uses them for packing material.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Refurbishes them.
(d) Sends them to an artist.
5. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Donates them to a library.
(b) Leaves them on a park bench.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Gives them to friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
2. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
3. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
4. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
5. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)