|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In a wheelchair.
(b) In France.
(c) In the RAF.
(d) In prison.
2. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(a) Latest edition bestsellers.
(b) Rare collectors' editions.
(c) Out-of-print books.
3. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
4. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
(a) Love letters.
(c) Grocery lists.
5. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The flyleaf.
(b) The first page.
(c) A card.
(d) The back cover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
2. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
3. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
4. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
5. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)