|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
(a) Hard-cover first editions.
(c) Sheet music.
(d) Hard-cover vocal scores.
2. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Hazlitt essays.
(b) Leigh Hunt essays.
(c) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(d) Virginibus Puerisque.
3. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
(a) Send her the Dictionary to the Vulgate.
(b) Send fresh eggs.
(c) Cecily will go to America.
(d) Helene should stay with Frank's family.
4. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Quentin Conch.
(b) Captain Quillen.
(c) Couch Quinery.
5. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Neville Chamberlain.
(d) Winston Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
2. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
3. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
4. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
5. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)