|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(b) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(c) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(d) Frank's wife.
2. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(b) With highest regard.
(c) Yours faithfully.
3. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Catholic sister-in-law.
(b) Presbyterian cousins.
(c) Methodist sister-in-law.
(d) Baptist mother.
5. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
(a) Quite nice looking.
(c) An older gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
2. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
3. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
4. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
5. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)