|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
2. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A fifty-story high-rise.
(b) A five-room house.
(c) A five-story brownstone.
(d) A two-story boarding house.
4. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
(b) How vulgar they are.
(c) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(d) How badly they treat Jews.
5. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) Times Square.
(b) 42nd Street.
(c) Rockefeller Plaza.
(d) 17th Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
2. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
3. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
4. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
5. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)