|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
(a) Rack of lamb.
(b) Tins of tongue.
(c) Whole turkey.
(d) Tins of chocolate.
2. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
(a) Love letters.
(c) Grocery lists.
3. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
(b) Chocolate candy.
(d) Raisins and eggs.
4. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
5. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She decides it is too expensive.
(b) She is disappointed in the quality.
(c) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
(d) She gives it as a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
2. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
3. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
4. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
5. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)