|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
(b) Library sales.
(c) Country estates.
2. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A bored housewife.
(b) A poor writer.
(c) A wealthy heiress.
(d) A poor teacher.
3. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) The library is often cold.
(b) Her store is rarely heated.
(c) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(d) Her classroom is drafty.
4. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
5. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Bayuk Cigars.
(b) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(c) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(d) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
2. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
3. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
4. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
5. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)