|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) Newman's Idea of a University.
(d) Oxford Book of English Verse.
2. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
(a) Raisins and eggs.
(c) Chocolate candy.
3. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) Mr. Cohen.
(b) The rest of the staff.
(d) Mr. Marks.
4. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(b) Red wine.
(d) Red nail polish.
5. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
(b) Country estates.
(d) Library sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
2. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
3. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
4. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
5. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)