|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) Six steaks.
(b) A dozen eggs.
(c) A six pound ham.
(d) Sweaters and scarves.
2. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) March 1950.
(b) December 1949.
(c) January 1950.
(d) November 1949.
3. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(b) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
(c) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(d) Bayuk Cigars.
4. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
(a) Powdered eggs or fresh eggs.
(b) Who should visit Helene.
(c) Where Helene should stay in London.
(d) Which books to send next.
5. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Virginibus Puerisque.
(b) Leigh Hunt essays.
(c) Hazlitt essays.
(d) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
2. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
3. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
4. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
5. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)