|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
2. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For not having love poems.
(b) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
(c) For sending the wrong books.
(d) For using poor grammar.
3. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To stay with his family in London.
(b) To send her free books.
(c) To visit her in America.
(d) To send her anything from London.
4. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
5. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
(b) Nestle bars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
2. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
3. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
4. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
5. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)