|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To visit her in America.
(b) To send her anything from London.
(c) To stay with his family in London.
(d) To send her free books.
2. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(b) Sam Pepys'.
(d) Anne Frank's.
3. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
(b) None is correct.
4. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
5. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
(a) Rack of lamb.
(b) Tins of tongue.
(c) Tins of chocolate.
(d) Whole turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
2. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
3. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
4. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
5. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)