|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To send her free books.
(b) To send her anything from London.
(c) To visit her in America.
(d) To stay with his family in London.
2. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Couch Quinery.
(b) Quentin Conch.
(c) Captain Quillen.
3. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
(b) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(c) How badly they treat Jews.
(d) How vulgar they are.
4. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
5. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) A six pound ham.
(b) Sweaters and scarves.
(c) A dozen eggs.
(d) Six steaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
2. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
3. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
4. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
5. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)