|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
(a) The Latin Bible.
(b) The poor condition of the books.
(c) The long silence between letters.
(d) The incorrect billing amount.
2. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Parish Guild.
(b) The Pilgrim's Way.
(c) The Penguin's Path.
(d) The Complete works of Q.
3. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
4. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
(a) Brimley and Bircher Associates.
(c) Saks Fifth Avenue.
(d) Overseas Associates.
5. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
2. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
3. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
4. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)