|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(b) The rest of the staff.
(c) Mr. Cohen.
(d) Mr. Marks.
2. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
3. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) John Donne.
(c) The Book-Lovers' Anthology.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
4. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
(a) The poor condition of the books.
(b) The incorrect billing amount.
(c) The long silence between letters.
(d) The Latin Bible.
5. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(a) Anne Frank's.
(b) Sam Pepys'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
2. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
3. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
4. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
5. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)