|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
2. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
(b) Books of poetry.
3. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
4. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) November 1949.
(b) December 1949.
(c) January 1950.
(d) March 1950.
5. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One from history books.
(b) One from English literature.
(c) One from old war movies.
(d) One found in the letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
2. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
3. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
4. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
5. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)