|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
(a) Aesop's Tales.
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Imaginary Conversations.
(d) Greek Myths.
2. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Eric Coates' London Suite.
(b) Elizabethan Poems.
(c) Vulgate Latin.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
3. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
4. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
5. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
(b) Book Post.
(d) Special courier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
2. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
3. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
4. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
5. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)