|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One from English literature.
(b) One from old war movies.
(c) One found in the letters.
(d) One from history books.
2. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
(a) Stiff cardboardy covers.
(b) Expensive wrapping.
(c) Dead-white pages.
(d) Soft vellum and heavy cream-colored pages.
3. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) Leigh Hunt.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Pepys' Diary.
(d) Elizabethan poems.
4. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
5. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
2. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
3. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
4. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
5. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)