|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To visit her in America.
(b) To stay with his family in London.
(c) To send her anything from London.
(d) To send her free books.
2. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In prison.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) In France.
(d) In the RAF.
3. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(b) Her niece's boyfriend.
(c) Her British niece.
(d) Her British neighbor.
4. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
5. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
(a) Books of poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
2. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
3. What does Frank buy in the summer of 1952?
4. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)