|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) It won't fit.
(b) She might already have one.
(c) She might have to pay a duty.
(d) She won't like the color.
2. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Megan Wells.
(c) Frank Doel.
(d) Ben Marks.
3. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
4. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A poor writer.
(b) A wealthy heiress.
(c) A bored housewife.
(d) A poor teacher.
5. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(a) 17th Street.
(b) Rockefeller Center.
(c) Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
3. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
4. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
5. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)