|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(a) Boarding house.
2. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Cecily's birthday.
(d) Her birthday.
3. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
4. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
(b) Wuthering Heights.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Little Women.
5. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
3. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
4. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)