|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
(a) Aesop's Tales.
(b) Imaginary Conversations.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Greek Myths.
2. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Bayuk Cigars.
(b) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(c) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
(d) Bazooka Bubblegum.
3. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
4. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) Sweaters and scarves.
(b) A dozen eggs.
(c) Six steaks.
(d) A six pound ham.
5. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Gin and ashes.
(b) Tears and smears.
(c) Wine and crumbs.
(d) Coffee and chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
2. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
3. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
4. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
5. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)