|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) The rest of the staff.
(b) Mr. Cohen.
(d) Mr. Marks.
2. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
(a) Bayuk Cigars.
(b) Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
(c) Bazooka Bubblegum.
(d) Pall Mall Cigarettes.
3. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(b) Captain Quillen.
(c) Quentin Conch.
(d) Couch Quinery.
4. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) Bring back childhood memories.
(b) Remind him of a trip to America.
(c) Can only be found on the black market.
(d) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
5. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
(a) An older gentleman.
(c) Quite nice looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
2. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
3. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
4. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)