|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Donates them to a library.
(b) Leaves them on a park bench.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Gives them to friends.
2. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Uses them for packing material.
(b) Refurbishes them.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Sends them to an artist.
3. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(b) Red nail polish.
(c) Red wine.
4. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
5. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) A week at the beach.
(b) The summer.
(c) A book festival.
(d) The Coronation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
2. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
3. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
4. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
5. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)