|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Eight months.
2. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(b) Newman's Idea of a University.
(c) Pepys' Diary.
(d) Vulgate Latin Bible.
3. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
(b) For sending the wrong books.
(c) For using poor grammar.
(d) For not having love poems.
4. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Hebrew Bible.
(b) Latin Bible.
(c) Greek New Testament.
(d) Latin New Testament.
5. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) Her store is rarely heated.
(b) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(c) The library is often cold.
(d) Her classroom is drafty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
2. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
3. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
4. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
5. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)