|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She is disappointed in the quality.
(b) She gives it as a gift.
(c) She decides it is too expensive.
(d) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
2. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(b) Newman's Idea of a University.
(c) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
3. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
(a) For not returning books on time.
(b) For writing in the library books.
(c) For being too demanding of the librarians.
(d) For not checking books out.
4. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) Odd taste in literature.
(b) Mental instability.
(c) A mean streak.
(d) A wonderful sense of humor.
5. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A poor teacher.
(b) A poor writer.
(c) A wealthy heiress.
(d) A bored housewife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
2. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
3. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
4. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
5. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)