|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Keats or Shelley.
(b) Dickenson or Frost.
(c) Wyatt or Jonson.
(d) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
2. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In France.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a wheelchair.
(d) In the RAF.
3. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(a) Broadway panhandler.
(b) Distinguished professor.
(d) Studious librarian.
4. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) September, 1950.
(b) June, 1950.
(c) May, 1949.
(d) October, 1949.
5. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Penguin's Path.
(b) The Parish Guild.
(c) The Pilgrim's Way.
(d) The Complete works of Q.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
2. What type of place does Helene live in?
3. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
4. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
5. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)