|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
2. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) One chicken per month.
(b) Two ounces per week.
(c) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(d) Three ounces per week.
3. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(a) Young and sophisticated.
(b) Very stylish.
4. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) A wonderful sense of humor.
(b) Odd taste in literature.
(c) A mean streak.
(d) Mental instability.
5. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In prison.
(b) In the RAF.
(c) In France.
(d) In a wheelchair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
2. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
3. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
4. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
5. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)