|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Pepys' Diary.
(b) Newman's Idea of a University.
(c) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(d) Vulgate Latin Bible.
2. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In a wheelchair.
(b) In France.
(c) In the RAF.
(d) In prison.
3. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
4. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(c) Very stylish.
(d) Young and sophisticated.
5. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Eight months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
2. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
3. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
4. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
5. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)