|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Buckingham Street.
(b) Westminster Street.
(c) Berkeley Street.
(d) Wimpole Street.
2. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
(b) Rockefeller Plaza.
(c) Times Square.
(d) 17th Street.
3. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In the RAF.
(b) In prison.
(c) In France.
(d) In a wheelchair.
4. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) January 1950.
(b) November 1949.
(c) March 1950.
(d) December 1949.
5. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) With highest regard.
(c) Yours faithfully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
2. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
4. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
5. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)