|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(a) 17th Street.
(b) Rockefeller Center.
(d) Times Square.
2. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(a) Latest edition bestsellers.
(c) Rare collectors' editions.
(d) Out-of-print books.
3. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
4. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) The rest of the staff.
(b) Mr. Cohen.
(c) Mr. Marks.
5. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) Yours faithfully.
(d) With highest regard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
2. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
3. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
4. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
5. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)