|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) March 1950.
(b) November 1949.
(c) December 1949.
(d) January 1950.
2. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her British niece.
(b) Her niece's boyfriend.
(c) Her British neighbor.
(d) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
3. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For using poor grammar.
(b) For not having love poems.
(c) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
(d) For sending the wrong books.
4. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
(b) Chocolate candy.
(c) Raisins and eggs.
5. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
2. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
3. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
4. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
5. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)