|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(b) Yours faithfully.
(d) With highest regard.
2. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
3. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
4. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
5. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her niece's boyfriend.
(b) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(c) Her British neighbor.
(d) Her British niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
2. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
3. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
4. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
5. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)