|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
(a) A museum.
(b) A library in an English estate.
(c) The garbage.
(d) The Library of Congress.
2. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) Yours faithfully.
(d) With highest regard.
3. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her British neighbor.
(b) Her British niece.
(c) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(d) Her niece's boyfriend.
4. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(b) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(c) Newman's Idea of a University.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
5. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
(a) Expensive wrapping.
(b) Soft vellum and heavy cream-colored pages.
(c) Dead-white pages.
(d) Stiff cardboardy covers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
2. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
3. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
5. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)