|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) 17th Street.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Rockefeller Plaza.
(d) 42nd Street.
2. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
3. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She decides it is too expensive.
(b) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
(c) She is disappointed in the quality.
(d) She gives it as a gift.
4. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) Mental instability.
(b) A wonderful sense of humor.
(c) A mean streak.
(d) Odd taste in literature.
5. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her British niece.
(b) Her British neighbor.
(c) Her niece's boyfriend.
(d) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
2. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
3. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
4. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
5. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)