|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
2. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A poor writer.
(b) A bored housewife.
(c) A poor teacher.
(d) A wealthy heiress.
3. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
(a) Chocolate candy.
(b) Raisins and eggs.
4. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For sending the wrong books.
(b) For using poor grammar.
(c) For not having love poems.
(d) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
5. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
(a) Expensive antiques.
(b) Rare and special.
(c) Antiquarian booksellers.
(d) Aquarian booksellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
2. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
3. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
4. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
5. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)