|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How badly they treat Jews.
(b) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(c) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
(d) How vulgar they are.
2. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) Rockefeller Plaza.
(b) Times Square.
(c) 17th Street.
(d) 42nd Street.
3. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Hebrew Bible.
(b) Latin Bible.
(c) Latin New Testament.
(d) Greek New Testament.
4. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
5. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(b) Her British neighbor.
(c) Her British niece.
(d) Her niece's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
2. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
3. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
4. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
5. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)