|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Frank Doel.
(c) Megan Wells.
(d) Ben Marks.
2. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Captain Quillen.
(c) Couch Quinery.
(d) Quentin Conch.
3. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Barnes & Noble.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Saturday Review of Literature.
(d) Bookpress Monthly.
4. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) A dozen eggs.
(b) A six pound ham.
(c) Sweaters and scarves.
(d) Six steaks.
5. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Pepys' Diary.
(b) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(c) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(d) Newman's Idea of a University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
2. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
3. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
4. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
5. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)