|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(b) Times Square.
(c) 17th Street.
(d) Rockefeller Center.
2. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A five-room house.
(b) A two-story boarding house.
(c) A five-story brownstone.
(d) A fifty-story high-rise.
3. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
4. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
5. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
(a) Personal check.
(c) Credit card.
(d) Postal money order.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
2. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
3. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
4. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
5. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)