|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Leigh Hunt essays.
(b) Virginibus Puerisque.
(c) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(d) Hazlitt essays.
2. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In France.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the RAF.
(d) In a wheelchair.
3. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A bored housewife.
(b) A wealthy heiress.
(c) A poor writer.
(d) A poor teacher.
4. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A five-room house.
(b) A two-story boarding house.
(c) A five-story brownstone.
(d) A fifty-story high-rise.
5. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) May, 1949.
(b) October, 1949.
(c) September, 1950.
(d) June, 1950.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
2. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
3. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
4. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
5. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)