|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
2. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(b) Leigh Hunt essays.
(c) Virginibus Puerisque.
(d) Hazlitt essays.
3. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) With highest regard.
(b) Yours faithfully.
4. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Complete works of Q.
(b) The Pilgrim's Way.
(c) The Penguin's Path.
(d) The Parish Guild.
5. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Saturday Review of Literature.
(b) Barnes & Noble.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Bookpress Monthly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
2. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
3. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
4. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
5. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)