|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Barnes & Noble.
(b) Bookpress Monthly.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Saturday Review of Literature.
2. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
(a) Chocolate candy.
(b) Raisins and eggs.
3. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Westminster Street.
(b) Berkeley Street.
(c) Buckingham Street.
(d) Wimpole Street.
4. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(d) Rare first editions.
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(b) Studious librarian.
(c) Broadway panhandler.
(d) Distinguished professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
2. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
4. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
5. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)