|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(d) Rare first editions.
2. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) Times Square.
(b) 42nd Street.
(c) Rockefeller Plaza.
(d) 17th Street.
3. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
4. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) A wonderful sense of humor.
(b) Odd taste in literature.
(c) A mean streak.
(d) Mental instability.
5. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Saturday Review of Literature.
(b) Bookpress Monthly.
(c) Barnes & Noble.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
2. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
3. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
4. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
5. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)