|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
(a) Aesop's Tales.
(b) Imaginary Conversations.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Greek Myths.
2. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(b) The rest of the staff.
(c) Mr. Cohen.
(d) Mr. Marks.
3. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
(a) For being too demanding of the librarians.
(b) For not returning books on time.
(c) For not checking books out.
(d) For writing in the library books.
4. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Two ounces per week.
(b) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(c) Three ounces per week.
(d) One chicken per month.
5. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
Short Answer Questions
1. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
2. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
3. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
4. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
5. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)