|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
(a) A library in an English estate.
(b) The Library of Congress.
(c) The garbage.
(d) A museum.
2. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(b) Couch Quinery.
(c) Quentin Conch.
(d) Captain Quillen.
3. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
4. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Uses them for packing material.
(b) Sends them to an artist.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Refurbishes them.
5. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(d) Rare first editions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
2. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
3. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
4. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
5. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)