|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For sending the wrong books.
(b) For not having love poems.
(c) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
(d) For using poor grammar.
2. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
(a) For writing in the library books.
(b) For not checking books out.
(c) For not returning books on time.
(d) For being too demanding of the librarians.
3. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) The rest of the staff.
(c) Mr. Marks.
(d) Mr. Cohen.
4. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
(a) Stiff cardboardy covers.
(b) Dead-white pages.
(c) Soft vellum and heavy cream-colored pages.
(d) Expensive wrapping.
5. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
2. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
3. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
4. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
5. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)