|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) Yours faithfully.
(b) With highest regard.
2. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
(a) Megan Wells.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Ben Marks.
(d) Frank Doel.
3. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A five-room house.
(b) A fifty-story high-rise.
(c) A two-story boarding house.
(d) A five-story brownstone.
4. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(a) Out-of-print books.
(c) Latest edition bestsellers.
(d) Rare collectors' editions.
5. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
(a) East 95th Street.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
(d) West 42nd Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
2. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
3. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
4. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
5. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)