|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Presbyterian cousins.
(b) Catholic sister-in-law.
(c) Baptist mother.
(d) Methodist sister-in-law.
2. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
3. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
4. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
(b) Postal money order.
(c) Credit card.
(d) Personal check.
5. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) The library is often cold.
(b) Her store is rarely heated.
(c) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(d) Her classroom is drafty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
2. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
3. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
4. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
5. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)