|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How vulgar they are.
(b) How badly they treat Jews.
(c) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
(d) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
2. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
3. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
(a) The poor condition of the books.
(b) The incorrect billing amount.
(c) The long silence between letters.
(d) The Latin Bible.
4. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
(a) Ben Marks.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Megan Wells.
(d) Frank Doel.
5. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Saturday Review of Literature.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Bookpress Monthly.
(d) Barnes & Noble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
2. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
3. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
4. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
5. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)