|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
2. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Latin New Testament.
(b) Greek New Testament.
(c) Hebrew Bible.
(d) Latin Bible.
3. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
(a) Stiff cardboardy covers.
(b) Expensive wrapping.
(c) Soft vellum and heavy cream-colored pages.
(d) Dead-white pages.
4. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A five-story brownstone.
(b) A two-story boarding house.
(c) A fifty-story high-rise.
(d) A five-room house.
5. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Pilgrim's Way.
(b) The Penguin's Path.
(c) The Parish Guild.
(d) The Complete works of Q.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
2. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
3. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
4. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
5. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)