|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
2. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Hazlitt essays.
(b) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(c) Leigh Hunt essays.
(d) Virginibus Puerisque.
3. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
(b) She is disappointed in the quality.
(c) She decides it is too expensive.
(d) She gives it as a gift.
4. What does Helene do for a living?
(b) Shop girl.
5. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One found in the letters.
(b) One from history books.
(c) One from English literature.
(d) One from old war movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
2. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
3. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
4. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
5. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)