|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She gives it as a gift.
(b) She decides it is too expensive.
(c) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
(d) She is disappointed in the quality.
2. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
3. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) Odd taste in literature.
(b) A mean streak.
(c) Mental instability.
(d) A wonderful sense of humor.
4. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) Yours faithfully.
(c) With highest regard.
5. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(a) Rockefeller Center.
(c) Times Square.
(d) 17th Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
2. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
3. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
4. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
5. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)