|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
2. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A five-room house.
(b) A fifty-story high-rise.
(c) A two-story boarding house.
(d) A five-story brownstone.
3. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) Rockefeller Plaza.
(b) Times Square.
(c) 17th Street.
(d) 42nd Street.
4. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) A mean streak.
(b) Odd taste in literature.
(c) Mental instability.
(d) A wonderful sense of humor.
5. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
(b) Rockefeller Plaza.
(c) Times Square.
(d) 17th Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
2. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
3. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
4. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
5. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)