|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her niece's boyfriend.
(b) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(c) Her British neighbor.
(d) Her British niece.
2. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(b) Newman's Idea of a University.
(c) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
3. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) May, 1949.
(b) June, 1950.
(c) September, 1950.
(d) October, 1949.
4. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(b) Sam Pepys'.
(c) Anne Frank's.
5. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) November 1949.
(b) December 1949.
(c) January 1950.
(d) March 1950.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
2. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
3. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
4. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
5. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)