|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Sends them to an artist.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Uses them for packing material.
(d) Refurbishes them.
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
(a) An older gentleman.
(c) Quite nice looking.
3. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A five-room house.
(b) A two-story boarding house.
(c) A fifty-story high-rise.
(d) A five-story brownstone.
4. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) With highest regard.
(b) Yours faithfully.
5. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
2. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
3. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
4. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
5. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)