|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
(a) Frank Doel.
(b) Megan Wells.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Ben Marks.
2. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
(b) Rockefeller Plaza.
(c) 17th Street.
(d) Times Square.
3. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
(a) Charing Cross Road.
(b) East 95th Street.
(d) West 42nd Street.
4. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
5. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) Newman's Idea of a University.
(d) Vulgate Latin Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
2. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
3. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
4. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
5. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)