|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Penguin's Path.
(b) The Pilgrim's Way.
(c) The Parish Guild.
(d) The Complete works of Q.
2. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Uses them for packing material.
(c) Refurbishes them.
(d) Sends them to an artist.
3. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
(d) None is correct.
4. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(b) Rockefeller Center.
(c) Times Square.
(d) 17th Street.
5. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
2. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
3. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
4. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
5. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)