|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Catholic sister-in-law.
(b) Methodist sister-in-law.
(c) Baptist mother.
(d) Presbyterian cousins.
2. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Greek Myths.
(c) Imaginary Conversations.
(d) Aesop's Tales.
3. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In a wheelchair.
(b) In France.
(c) In the RAF.
(d) In prison.
4. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) January 1950.
(b) March 1950.
(c) November 1949.
(d) December 1949.
5. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
2. What does Helene do for a living?
3. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
4. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
5. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)