|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
(a) None is correct.
2. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
(b) East 95th Street.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
(d) West 42nd Street.
3. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Wimpole Street.
(b) Westminster Street.
(c) Buckingham Street.
(d) Berkeley Street.
4. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
5. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(a) Rare first editions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
3. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
4. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
5. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)