|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Bookpress Monthly.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Saturday Review of Literature.
(d) Barnes & Noble.
2. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A bored housewife.
(b) A wealthy heiress.
(c) A poor teacher.
(d) A poor writer.
3. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
4. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(b) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(c) Newman's Idea of a University.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
5. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
3. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
4. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
5. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)