|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
2. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
(a) Ben Marks.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Frank Doel.
(d) Megan Wells.
3. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Sends them to an artist.
(b) Refurbishes them.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Uses them for packing material.
4. What does Helene do for a living?
(d) Shop girl.
5. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A two-story boarding house.
(b) A five-room house.
(c) A fifty-story high-rise.
(d) A five-story brownstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
2. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
3. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
4. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)