|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(a) Distinguished professor.
(b) Studious librarian.
(d) Broadway panhandler.
2. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
(a) Five months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eight months.
3. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One found in the letters.
(b) One from English literature.
(c) One from old war movies.
(d) One from history books.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Methodist sister-in-law.
(b) Catholic sister-in-law.
(c) Baptist mother.
(d) Presbyterian cousins.
5. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) Mental instability.
(b) Odd taste in literature.
(c) A wonderful sense of humor.
(d) A mean streak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
3. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
4. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
5. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)