Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Mail them to Frank.
(b) Wrap things in them.
(c) Paper her walls.
(d) Burn them.
2. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(a) Boarding house.
3. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(a) Sam Pepys'.
(b) Anne Frank's.
4. What had Helene discovered makes the perfect page cutter?
(a) Ivory steak knife.
(b) Silver nail scissors.
(c) Gold butter knife.
(d) Pearl handled fruit knife.
5. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Coffee and chocolate.
(b) Wine and crumbs.
(c) Tears and smears.
(d) Gin and ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
2. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
3. Whose music does Frank admit to liking in his 1965 letter to Helene?
4. Helene requests books on behalf of a friend to complete his set of ____________.
5. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)