Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
(a) Treacle tart.
(b) Christmas pudding.
(d) Yorkshire Pudding.
2. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(c) Anne Frank's.
(d) Sam Pepys'.
3. What does Helene do for a living?
(a) Shop girl.
4. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
(a) Hard-cover first editions.
(b) Sheet music.
(c) Hard-cover vocal scores.
5. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She gives it as a gift.
(b) She is disappointed in the quality.
(c) She decides it is too expensive.
(d) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
2. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
3. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
4. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
5. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)