|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Pilgrim's Way.
(b) The Parish Guild.
(c) The Penguin's Path.
(d) The Complete works of Q.
2. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Six months.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the "hordes of tourists" who Frank says have diminished Marks &Co. books supplies in the summer of 1969?
4. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
5. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Buckingham Street.
(b) Berkeley Street.
(c) Wimpole Street.
(d) Westminster Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
2. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
3. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
4. How much did Harper's Magazine pay Helene for an article in 1961?
5. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)