|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
2. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) The library is often cold.
(b) Her classroom is drafty.
(c) Her store is rarely heated.
(d) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
3. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
4. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
(a) The incorrect billing amount.
(b) The Latin Bible.
(c) The long silence between letters.
(d) The poor condition of the books.
5. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
(a) Imaginary Conversations.
(b) Aesop's Tales.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Greek Myths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene is deeply disappointed to find __________ has been deleted from the Sermons she likes to read aloud.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the "hordes of tourists" who Frank says have diminished Marks &Co. books supplies in the summer of 1969?
3. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
4. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
5. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)