|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Donates them to a library.
(b) Leaves them on a park bench.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Gives them to friends.
2. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) Leigh Hunt.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Elizabethan poems.
3. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
(a) Charing Cross Road.
(b) West 42nd Street.
(c) East 95th Street.
4. Helene expresses in 1963 that while she appreciates the latest book Frank sent, she doesn't like ___________.
5. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(c) Young and sophisticated.
(d) Very stylish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene promise to give to Sheila and Mary's children?
2. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
3. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
4. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
5. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)