|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank tell Helene all the tourists are making a pilgrimage to in 1965?
(b) Carnaby Street.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Tower of London.
2. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
(a) Latin Bible.
(b) Greek New Testament.
(c) Latin New Testament.
(d) Hebrew Bible.
3. Helene gets a book of poems by ____________ for a Christmas gift in 1959?
(a) John Donne and Robert Browning.
(b) Robert Browning and William Blake.
(c) John Donne and William Blake.
(d) William Blake and William Shakespeare.
4. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
(a) Real eggs.
5. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) November 1949.
(b) December 1949.
(c) March 1950.
(d) January 1950.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank tell Helene in a 1964 letter that Megan Wells was headed the last time Frank heard from her?
2. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
3. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
4. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
5. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)