|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Methodist sister-in-law.
(b) Baptist mother.
(c) Presbyterian cousins.
(d) Catholic sister-in-law.
2. What famous Englishman does Helene write a Hallmark Hall of Fame script about?
(a) Prince Phillip.
(b) King Henry.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Sam Pepys.
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(b) Frank's wife.
(c) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(d) Frank's eighty year old mother.
4. What does Nora tell Helene she hates doing in her May 1958 letter?
5. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
(a) $300 per script.
(b) $350 per month.
(c) $250 per script.
(d) $250 per week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
2. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
3. Where does Frank live in London?
4. What is the largest amount of cash Helene ever sends to Marks & Co. at one time?
5. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)