|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Neville Chamberlain.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Margaret Thatcher.
2. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
3. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Leaves them on a park bench.
(c) Gives them to friends.
(d) Donates them to a library.
4. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One from history books.
(b) One from English literature.
(c) One from old war movies.
(d) One found in the letters.
5. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $200 per week.
(b) $400 per week.
(c) $20 per week.
(d) $40 per week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Cecily and Doug's married housing be when it becomes available?
2. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
3. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
4. How old is Bill Humphries' great-aunt who he lives with?
5. What term does Helene complain of being used instead of "cheap" in her letter of January 10, 1958?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)