|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Wrap things in them.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Mail them to Frank.
(d) Paper her walls.
2. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) Remind him of a trip to America.
(b) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
(c) Bring back childhood memories.
(d) Can only be found on the black market.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) The tube.
(b) Globe Theater.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Inns of the Court.
4. How much did Harper's Magazine pay Helene for an article in 1961?
5. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
4. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
5. What is the largest amount of cash Helene ever sends to Marks & Co. at one time?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)