|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
2. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) Six steaks.
(b) A six pound ham.
(c) Sweaters and scarves.
(d) A dozen eggs.
3. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) A mean streak.
(b) Odd taste in literature.
(c) Mental instability.
(d) A wonderful sense of humor.
4. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
(a) Cecily will go to America.
(b) Send her the Dictionary to the Vulgate.
(c) Helene should stay with Frank's family.
(d) Send fresh eggs.
5. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) A week at the beach.
(b) The summer.
(c) The Coronation.
(d) A book festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
2. What kind of books is Helene writing in 1964?
3. Which of the following will NOT be in the nightmares Helene jokes she will have after reading the Giant Modern Library book?
4. What does Helene promise to give to Sheila and Mary's children?
5. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)