|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nora from?
(c) South Africa.
2. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
3. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Virginibus Puerisque.
(b) Hazlitt essays.
(c) Leigh Hunt essays.
(d) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
4. Helene is deeply disappointed to find __________ has been deleted from the Sermons she likes to read aloud.
5. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
2. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
3. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
4. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
5. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)