|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) Mr. Cohen.
(b) Mr. Marks.
(d) The rest of the staff.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the "hordes of tourists" who Frank says have diminished Marks &Co. books supplies in the summer of 1969?
3. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(b) Her classroom is drafty.
(c) The library is often cold.
(d) Her store is rarely heated.
4. What does Nora wish they owned in her May 1958 letter to Helene?
5. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
(a) Cecily will go to America.
(b) Send her the Dictionary to the Vulgate.
(c) Send fresh eggs.
(d) Helene should stay with Frank's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV series is Helene writing for?
2. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
3. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
4. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
5. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)