|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
(a) Rare and special.
(b) Expensive antiques.
(c) Antiquarian booksellers.
(d) Aquarian booksellers.
2. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Leigh Hunt essays.
(b) Hazlitt essays.
(c) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(d) Virginibus Puerisque.
3. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) A mean streak.
(b) A wonderful sense of humor.
(c) Mental instability.
(d) Odd taste in literature.
4. What does Nora wish they owned in her May 1958 letter to Helene?
5. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
(a) Dry cloth.
(c) Soap and soda water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Helene discovered makes the perfect page cutter?
2. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
3. Helene requests books on behalf of a friend to complete his set of ____________.
4. Who gives Helene permission to publish her correspondence with Frank?
5. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)