|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
2. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
(a) The poor condition of the books.
(b) The Latin Bible.
(c) The incorrect billing amount.
(d) The long silence between letters.
3. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
(a) Sheet music.
(c) Hard-cover vocal scores.
(d) Hard-cover first editions.
4. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
5. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
2. What does Frank's oldest daughter go to college to study to be?
3. What company awards Helene the Grant-in-Aid money to write American history dramatizations?
4. How does Helene learn of Frank's death?
5. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)