|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Helene will send nylons.
(b) Helene will invite her to America.
(c) Helene will visit England.
(d) Helene will send more eggs.
2. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
3. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Leaves them on a park bench.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Gives them to friends.
(d) Donates them to a library.
4. How much was Helene advanced to write her life story in 1961?
5. What is the largest amount of cash Helene ever sends to Marks & Co. at one time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
2. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
3. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
4. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)