|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books is Helene writing in 1964?
(a) British history books.
(b) Tell-all biographies.
(c) Ghost writing autobiographies.
(d) Children's history books.
2. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To send her anything from London.
(b) To visit her in America.
(c) To send her free books.
(d) To stay with his family in London.
3. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(b) Leigh Hunt essays.
(c) Hazlitt essays.
(d) Virginibus Puerisque.
4. Where is Cecily's husband stationed in 1953?
(a) Canary Islands.
(b) Grenada Island.
(c) Staten Island.
(d) Bahrein Island.
5. Whose memoirs does Frank send Helene in 1961, saying her credit is always good with Marks & Co.?
(a) Duke Wellington.
(b) Duke of Normandy.
(c) Duke de Saint-Simon.
(d) Duke de Somerville.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
2. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
3. Who did M. De Tocqueville predict would run the world?
4. Whose popular book of correspondence does Frank send to Helene in March 1960?
5. What type of place does Helene live in?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)