|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
(a) Wuthering Heights.
(b) John Donne.
(c) The Book-Lovers' Anthology.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
2. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) The rest of the staff.
(c) Mr. Cohen.
(d) Mr. Marks.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Inns of the Court.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) The tube.
(d) Globe Theater.
4. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
5. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
2. Where does Frank tell Helene all the tourists are making a pilgrimage to in 1965?
3. Why is Helene evicted from her apartment in 1957?
4. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
5. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)