|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Inns of the Court.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Globe Theater.
(d) The tube.
2. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Cecily's birthday.
3. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
(b) Keats or Shelley.
(c) Dickenson or Frost.
(d) Wyatt or Jonson.
4. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) The Coronation.
(b) The summer.
(c) A book festival.
(d) A week at the beach.
5. Where does Helene wish her English friends had inscribed the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The back cover.
(b) The first page.
(c) A card.
(d) The flyleaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
2. Whose work does Helene admit to feeling guilty for never having read?
3. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
4. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
5. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)