|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Parish Guild.
(b) The Complete works of Q.
(c) The Penguin's Path.
(d) The Pilgrim's Way.
2. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Wine and crumbs.
(b) Tears and smears.
(c) Coffee and chocolate.
(d) Gin and ashes.
3. What is the occupation of most of the American visitors Frank notices are coming to England in greater numbers?
4. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Westminster Street.
(b) Berkeley Street.
(c) Buckingham Street.
(d) Wimpole Street.
5. Where does Frank say Nora has been for several months when he writes Helene in March 1958?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
2. What kind of club does Helene belong to in 1960?
3. What does Helene spend her "England money" on in 1957?
4. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
5. Which of the following will NOT be in the nightmares Helene jokes she will have after reading the Giant Modern Library book?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)