|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(d) Rare first editions.
2. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
3. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(b) Her classroom is drafty.
(c) Her store is rarely heated.
(d) The library is often cold.
4. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) Yours faithfully.
(d) With highest regard.
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(b) Studious librarian.
(c) Broadway panhandler.
(d) Distinguished professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of place does Helene live in?
2. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
4. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
5. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)