|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
(a) Soft vellum and heavy cream-colored pages.
(b) Stiff cardboardy covers.
(c) Dead-white pages.
(d) Expensive wrapping.
2. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(a) Very stylish.
(c) Young and sophisticated.
3. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
4. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
(a) Postal money order.
(b) Personal check.
(c) Credit card.
5. What does Helene do for a living?
(a) Shop girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
2. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
3. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
4. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
5. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)