|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Uses them for packing material.
(b) Refurbishes them.
(c) Sends them to an artist.
(d) Burns them.
2. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Wimpole Street.
(b) Berkeley Street.
(c) Buckingham Street.
(d) Westminster Street.
3. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) Her classroom is drafty.
(b) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(c) The library is often cold.
(d) Her store is rarely heated.
4. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
(a) West 42nd Street.
(b) East 95th Street.
(d) Charing Cross Road.
5. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her British niece.
(b) Her British neighbor.
(c) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(d) Her niece's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
2. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
3. What does Helene do for a living?
4. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
5. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)