|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) Can only be found on the black market.
(b) Bring back childhood memories.
(c) Remind him of a trip to America.
(d) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
2. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(c) Rare first editions.
3. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
(a) Credit card.
(b) Postal money order.
(d) Personal check.
4. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(a) Anne Frank's.
(b) Sam Pepys'.
5. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(b) Two ounces per week.
(c) One chicken per month.
(d) Three ounces per week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
2. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
3. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
4. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
5. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)