|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(c) Very stylish.
(d) Young and sophisticated.
2. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One from English literature.
(b) One from history books.
(c) One from old war movies.
(d) One found in the letters.
3. What does Helene do for a living?
(b) Shop girl.
4. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
5. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Wyatt or Jonson.
(b) Dickenson or Frost.
(c) Keats or Shelley.
(d) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
2. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
3. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
4. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
5. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)