|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) Six steaks.
(b) Sweaters and scarves.
(c) A dozen eggs.
(d) A six pound ham.
2. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Two ounces per week.
(b) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(c) Three ounces per week.
(d) One chicken per month.
3. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
(a) Quite nice looking.
(d) An older gentleman.
4. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(a) Latest edition bestsellers.
(b) Out-of-print books.
(c) Rare collectors' editions.
5. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Complete works of Q.
(b) The Parish Guild.
(c) The Penguin's Path.
(d) The Pilgrim's Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
2. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
3. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
4. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
5. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)