|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
2. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How badly they treat Jews.
(b) How vulgar they are.
(c) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(d) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
3. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) June, 1950.
(b) October, 1949.
(c) May, 1949.
(d) September, 1950.
4. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Bookpress Monthly.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Saturday Review of Literature.
(d) Barnes & Noble.
5. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
(b) Dickenson or Frost.
(c) Wyatt or Jonson.
(d) Keats or Shelley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
2. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
3. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
4. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
5. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)