|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Pilgrim's Way.
(b) The Complete works of Q.
(c) The Parish Guild.
(d) The Penguin's Path.
2. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
(a) For being too demanding of the librarians.
(b) For not checking books out.
(c) For not returning books on time.
(d) For writing in the library books.
3. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
(b) 17th Street.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Rockefeller Plaza.
4. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) January 1950.
(b) November 1949.
(c) March 1950.
(d) December 1949.
5. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
(a) None is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
2. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
3. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
4. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
5. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)