|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
(a) Frank Doel.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Ben Marks.
(d) Megan Wells.
2. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One found in the letters.
(b) One from old war movies.
(c) One from English literature.
(d) One from history books.
3. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Buckingham Street.
(b) Westminster Street.
(c) Berkeley Street.
(d) Wimpole Street.
4. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
(a) Quite nice looking.
(b) An older gentleman.
5. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In a wheelchair.
(b) In France.
(c) In the RAF.
(d) In prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
2. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
3. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
4. What type of place does Helene live in?
5. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)