|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(d) Rare first editions.
2. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
(d) None is correct.
3. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) May, 1949.
(b) June, 1950.
(c) September, 1950.
(d) October, 1949.
4. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
5. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) A mean streak.
(b) A wonderful sense of humor.
(c) Odd taste in literature.
(d) Mental instability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
2. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
3. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
4. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
5. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)