|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
(a) Five months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Seven months.
2. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Westminster Street.
(b) Berkeley Street.
(c) Wimpole Street.
(d) Buckingham Street.
3. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(d) Newman's Idea of a University.
4. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
(a) An older gentleman.
(d) Quite nice looking.
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(a) Distinguished professor.
(c) Studious librarian.
(d) Broadway panhandler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
2. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
3. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
4. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
5. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)