|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
(a) Soft vellum and heavy cream-colored pages.
(b) Expensive wrapping.
(c) Dead-white pages.
(d) Stiff cardboardy covers.
2. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) Can only be found on the black market.
(b) Remind him of a trip to America.
(c) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
(d) Bring back childhood memories.
3. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(b) Quentin Conch.
(c) Couch Quinery.
(d) Captain Quillen.
4. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Penguin's Path.
(b) The Parish Guild.
(c) The Complete works of Q.
(d) The Pilgrim's Way.
5. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
(a) The incorrect billing amount.
(b) The poor condition of the books.
(c) The Latin Bible.
(d) The long silence between letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of place does Helene live in?
2. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
3. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
5. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)