|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
2. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(b) Pepys' Diary.
(c) Newman's Idea of a University.
(d) Oxford Book of English Verse.
3. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
(a) The Library of Congress.
(b) The garbage.
(c) A museum.
(d) A library in an English estate.
4. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(b) Anne Frank's.
(c) Sam Pepys'.
5. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Westminster Street.
(b) Berkeley Street.
(c) Wimpole Street.
(d) Buckingham Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
2. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
3. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
4. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
5. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)