|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Catholic sister-in-law.
(b) Methodist sister-in-law.
(c) Presbyterian cousins.
(d) Baptist mother.
2. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How vulgar they are.
(b) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(c) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
(d) How badly they treat Jews.
3. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) Yours faithfully.
(c) With highest regard.
4. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) A six pound ham.
(b) Six steaks.
(c) A dozen eggs.
(d) Sweaters and scarves.
5. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Quentin Conch.
(b) Couch Quinery.
(d) Captain Quillen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
2. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
3. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
4. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
5. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)