|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Six months.
2. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
(a) Soft vellum and heavy cream-colored pages.
(b) Stiff cardboardy covers.
(c) Expensive wrapping.
(d) Dead-white pages.
3. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
4. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(b) Very stylish.
(c) Young and sophisticated.
5. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
2. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
3. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
4. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
5. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)