|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(a) Yours faithfully.
(c) With highest regard.
2. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) Times Square.
(b) 17th Street.
(c) 42nd Street.
(d) Rockefeller Plaza.
3. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A five-room house.
(b) A fifty-story high-rise.
(c) A five-story brownstone.
(d) A two-story boarding house.
4. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
(b) She decides it is too expensive.
(c) She gives it as a gift.
(d) She is disappointed in the quality.
5. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(b) Newman's Idea of a University.
(c) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
2. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
3. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
4. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
5. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)