|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene do for a living?
(b) Shop girl.
2. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
(a) Personal check.
(b) Credit card.
(d) Postal money order.
3. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) Can only be found on the black market.
(b) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
(c) Bring back childhood memories.
(d) Remind him of a trip to America.
4. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
(a) In prison.
(b) In the RAF.
(c) In France.
(d) In a wheelchair.
5. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
(a) For not checking books out.
(b) For not returning books on time.
(c) For writing in the library books.
(d) For being too demanding of the librarians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
2. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
3. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
4. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
5. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)