|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
(a) The long silence between letters.
(b) The poor condition of the books.
(c) The incorrect billing amount.
(d) The Latin Bible.
2. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
3. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(b) How vulgar they are.
(c) How badly they treat Jews.
(d) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
4. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A poor teacher.
(b) A bored housewife.
(c) A poor writer.
(d) A wealthy heiress.
5. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For sending the wrong books.
(b) For using poor grammar.
(c) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
(d) For not having love poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
2. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
4. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
5. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)