|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene do for a living?
(a) Shop girl.
2. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
(a) Mr. Marks.
(c) Mr. Cohen.
(d) The rest of the staff.
3. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Aesop's Tales.
(c) Imaginary Conversations.
(d) Greek Myths.
4. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
(a) The long silence between letters.
(b) The poor condition of the books.
(c) The Latin Bible.
(d) The incorrect billing amount.
5. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Parish Guild.
(b) The Penguin's Path.
(c) The Complete works of Q.
(d) The Pilgrim's Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
2. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
3. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
4. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
5. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)