Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1949 - 1950.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) A wonderful sense of humor.
(b) A mean streak.
(c) Mental instability.
(d) Odd taste in literature.
2. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Keats or Shelley.
(b) Wyatt or Jonson.
(c) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
(d) Dickenson or Frost.
3. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
(a) Imaginary Conversations.
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Greek Myths.
(d) Aesop's Tales.
4. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) 42nd Street.
(b) 17th Street.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Rockefeller Plaza.
5. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Pilgrim's Way.
(b) The Complete works of Q.
(c) The Penguin's Path.
(d) The Parish Guild.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
3. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
4. Who does Cecily tell Helene that she is going on vacation with?
5. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)