|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Cecily's birthday.
2. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
3. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(b) Three ounces per week.
(c) Two ounces per week.
(d) One chicken per month.
4. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
(a) None is correct.
5. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
2. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
3. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
4. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
5. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)