|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Gin and ashes.
(b) Wine and crumbs.
(c) Tears and smears.
(d) Coffee and chocolate.
2. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
(b) Treacle tart.
(c) Christmas pudding.
(d) Yorkshire Pudding.
3. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
(a) $250 per script.
(b) $350 per month.
(c) $250 per week.
(d) $300 per script.
4. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) Bring back childhood memories.
(b) Remind him of a trip to America.
(c) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
(d) Can only be found on the black market.
5. What does the TV producer offer Helene to write for television?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
2. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
3. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
4. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
5. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)