|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
(a) Bring back childhood memories.
(b) The bosses enjoyed immensely.
(c) Remind him of a trip to America.
(d) Can only be found on the black market.
2. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) Her classroom is drafty.
(b) Her store is rarely heated.
(c) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(d) The library is often cold.
3. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(a) Distinguished professor.
(b) Broadway panhandler.
(c) Studious librarian.
4. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
(a) Leigh Hunt essays.
(b) Selected Essays of Stevenson.
(c) Virginibus Puerisque.
(d) Hazlitt essays.
5. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
(a) Special courier.
(d) Book Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
2. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
3. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
4. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
5. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)