|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Two ounces per week.
(b) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(c) Three ounces per week.
(d) One chicken per month.
2. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Berkeley Street.
(b) Wimpole Street.
(c) Buckingham Street.
(d) Westminster Street.
3. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $20 per week.
(b) $40 per week.
(c) $400 per week.
(d) $200 per week.
4. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
5. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Neville Chamberlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene do for a living?
2. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
3. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
4. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
5. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)