|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(b) Red nail polish.
(d) Red wine.
2. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One from old war movies.
(b) One from English literature.
(c) One from history books.
(d) One found in the letters.
3. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
4. What does Frank finally send to Helene two years after she first requested it?
(a) Elizabethan poems.
(b) Leigh Hunt.
(c) Pepys' Diary.
(d) James Joyce.
5. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
(a) Tins of chocolate.
(b) Whole turkey.
(c) Rack of lamb.
(d) Tins of tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
2. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
3. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
5. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)