|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(b) Frank's wife.
(c) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(d) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
2. Cruikshank, Rackham and Spy are all English ______________.
3. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(c) Boarding house.
4. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Neville Chamberlain.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(a) Studious librarian.
(b) Broadway panhandler.
(d) Distinguished professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
2. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
3. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
4. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
5. What type of place does Helene live in?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)