|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
2. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
(a) Send fresh eggs.
(b) Helene should stay with Frank's family.
(c) Cecily will go to America.
(d) Send her the Dictionary to the Vulgate.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
(a) Catholic sister-in-law.
(b) Baptist mother.
(c) Methodist sister-in-law.
(d) Presbyterian cousins.
4. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
5. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(a) Very stylish.
(c) Young and sophisticated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
2. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
4. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
5. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)