|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
(b) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(c) Frank's wife.
(d) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
2. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
(a) Treacle tart.
(b) Yorkshire Pudding.
(c) Christmas pudding.
3. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
4. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
(c) Seventeenth Century.
(d) Eighteenth Century.
5. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
(a) Imaginary Conversations.
(b) Greek Myths.
(c) Aesop's Tales.
(d) Alice in Wonderland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
2. Cecily Farr asks Helene to keep her letter a secret from whom?
3. Cecily invites Helene to stay with her parents where?
4. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
5. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)