|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Helene will invite her to America.
(b) Helene will send more eggs.
(c) Helene will visit England.
(d) Helene will send nylons.
2. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For using poor grammar.
(b) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
(c) For sending the wrong books.
(d) For not having love poems.
3. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
4. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Wyatt or Jonson.
(b) Keats or Shelley.
(c) Dickenson or Frost.
(d) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
5. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
(a) The Complete works of Q.
(b) The Parish Guild.
(c) The Penguin's Path.
(d) The Pilgrim's Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
2. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
3. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
4. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
5. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)