|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
2. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Captain Quillen.
(b) Quentin Conch.
(c) Couch Quinery.
3. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
4. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
(a) West 42nd Street.
(b) East 95th Street.
(c) Charing Cross Road.
5. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
(a) $350 per month.
(b) $250 per week.
(c) $250 per script.
(d) $300 per script.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
2. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
3. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
4. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
5. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)