|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first edition book does Frank offer to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
(a) Vulgate Latin Bible.
(b) Newman's Idea of a University.
(c) Oxford Book of English Verse.
(d) Pepys' Diary.
2. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Wyatt or Jonson.
(b) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
(c) Keats or Shelley.
(d) Dickenson or Frost.
3. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
(b) Nestle bars.
4. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
(a) Wimpole Street.
(b) Berkeley Street.
(c) Westminster Street.
(d) Buckingham Street.
5. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
(a) Rare and special.
(b) Antiquarian booksellers.
(c) Aquarian booksellers.
(d) Expensive antiques.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
2. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
3. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
4. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
5. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)