|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helene's friend Brian go to get a money order to send to London?
(a) 17th Street.
(b) 42nd Street.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Rockefeller Plaza.
2. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Neville Chamberlain.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
4. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
(a) For not having love poems.
(b) For using poor grammar.
(c) For using crumpled book pages as packing material.
(d) For sending the wrong books.
5. What TV series is Helene writing for?
(a) Perry Mason.
(b) Petticoat Junction.
(c) Hitchcock Presents.
(d) Ellery Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
2. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
3. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
4. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
5. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)