|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(b) How vulgar they are.
(c) How badly they treat Jews.
(d) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
2. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
(b) Anne Frank's.
(d) Sam Pepys'.
3. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Cecily's birthday.
4. What does Helene's English friend tell her the powdered eggs in England taste like?
(b) Real eggs.
5. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Captain Quillen.
(b) Couch Quinery.
(c) Quentin Conch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
2. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
3. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
4. Helene is afraid the Easter Bunny will find that Frank has died of ____________.
5. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)