|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) She might already have one.
(b) It won't fit.
(c) She won't like the color.
(d) She might have to pay a duty.
2. What does Frank buy in the summer of 1952?
(a) A dog.
(b) A house.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane ticket.
3. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
(a) Helene should stay with Frank's family.
(b) Cecily will go to America.
(c) Send her the Dictionary to the Vulgate.
(d) Send fresh eggs.
4. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Neville Chamberlain.
5. What does Helene do for a living?
(c) Shop girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
2. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
4. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
5. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)