|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
2. Why does Helene fear her library card will be revoked?
(a) For being too demanding of the librarians.
(b) For writing in the library books.
(c) For not checking books out.
(d) For not returning books on time.
3. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
(b) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(c) How vulgar they are.
(d) How badly they treat Jews.
4. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) September, 1950.
(b) June, 1950.
(c) October, 1949.
(d) May, 1949.
5. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
(b) With highest regard.
(d) Yours faithfully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
2. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
3. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
4. What day did Helene receive the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)