|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Pepys' Diary.
(b) Vulgate Latin.
(c) Elizabethan Poems.
(d) Eric Coates' London Suite.
2. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
(a) Red nail polish.
(d) Red wine.
3. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $400 per week.
(b) $200 per week.
(c) $40 per week.
(d) $20 per week.
4. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(b) Young and sophisticated.
(d) Very stylish.
5. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helene's October 15, 1950 letter to Frank chastise him?
2. Helene wonders if Frank's last name is ___________.
3. What TV series is Helene writing for?
4. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
5. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)