|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Frank sign his first letter to Helene with his full name instead of initials?
(a) January 1950.
(b) December 1949.
(c) March 1950.
(d) November 1949.
2. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
(a) How badly they treat Jews.
(b) How badly they translated the Latin Bible.
(c) How many Christian relatives Helene has.
(d) How vulgar they are.
3. What new things does Helene ask to be sent to her in her November 2, 1951 letter?
(a) Sheet music.
(b) Hard-cover first editions.
(d) Hard-cover vocal scores.
4. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
(a) Vulgate Latin.
(b) Elizabethan Poems.
(c) Pepys' Diary.
(d) Eric Coates' London Suite.
5. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
(a) Antiquarian booksellers.
(b) Expensive antiques.
(c) Rare and special.
(d) Aquarian booksellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
2. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
3. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
4. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
5. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)