|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
2. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) May, 1949.
(b) June, 1950.
(c) October, 1949.
(d) September, 1950.
3. From what company does Helene order the packages that she sends to Marks & Co.?
(a) Overseas Associates.
(b) Brimley and Bircher Associates.
(c) Saks Fifth Avenue.
4. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(c) Rare first editions.
5. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
(a) Aquarian booksellers.
(b) Antiquarian booksellers.
(c) Expensive antiques.
(d) Rare and special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
2. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
3. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
4. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
5. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)