|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(a) 17th Street.
(b) Times Square.
(d) Rockefeller Center.
2. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Barnes & Noble.
(b) Saturday Review of Literature.
(c) Bookpress Monthly.
(d) The New York Times.
3. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His summer house.
(b) His honeymoon.
(c) His Porsche.
(d) His new house.
4. What kind of England does Helene dream of finding?
(a) One found in the letters.
(b) One from English literature.
(c) One from old war movies.
(d) One from history books.
5. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(b) Boarding house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
2. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
3. What does Helene threaten to do with the ripped pages of the book she is terribly disappointed by in her October 1951 letter?
4. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
5. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)