|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
(a) Tins of tongue.
(b) Whole turkey.
(c) Tins of chocolate.
(d) Rack of lamb.
2. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
3. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) Mental instability.
(b) A mean streak.
(c) Odd taste in literature.
(d) A wonderful sense of humor.
4. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
(a) $40 per week.
(b) $200 per week.
(c) $20 per week.
(d) $400 per week.
5. What is Frank's concern about the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) She won't like the color.
(b) She might have to pay a duty.
(c) It won't fit.
(d) She might already have one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
2. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
3. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
4. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
5. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)