|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Maxine has trouble getting in London because of the rations?
2. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Uses them for packing material.
(c) Sends them to an artist.
(d) Refurbishes them.
3. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(a) 17th Street.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Rockefeller Center.
4. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) John Donne.
(c) The Book-Lovers' Anthology.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
5. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her British niece.
(b) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(c) Her niece's boyfriend.
(d) Her British neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
2. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
3. Frank thanks Helene for her Christmas package and assures her that the items are things that ________________.
4. How much does Helene make as a script writer?
5. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)