|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do with books that have no covers?
(a) Refurbishes them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Uses them for packing material.
(d) Sends them to an artist.
2. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) A mean streak.
(b) Mental instability.
(c) A wonderful sense of humor.
(d) Odd taste in literature.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) The tube.
(b) Globe Theater.
(c) Inns of the Court.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
4. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) Her store is rarely heated.
(b) Her classroom is drafty.
(c) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(d) The library is often cold.
5. What did Helene's salary get raised to in 1952?
(a) $250 per script.
(b) $250 per week.
(c) $350 per month.
(d) $300 per script.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
2. What did Cecily's children enjoy most from Helene's Easter package?
3. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
4. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
5. Helene says after she visits England, America will have to apologize for her _____________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)