|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A five-room house.
(b) A fifty-story high-rise.
(c) A two-story boarding house.
(d) A five-story brownstone.
2. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Pages edged in gold.
(b) The inscription.
(c) Rare poems.
(d) Gold letters on the cover.
3. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
(c) Book Post.
(d) Special courier.
4. What does Cecily imagine Helene to look like?
(b) Very stylish.
(d) Young and sophisticated.
5. What does Helene send in her Christmas package to Marks & Co?
(a) A dozen eggs.
(b) Six steaks.
(c) Sweaters and scarves.
(d) A six pound ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
2. Maxine thought Marks & Co. had a ____________ smell.
3. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
4. What company sponsors the TV series Helene is writing for?
5. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)