|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1951 - 1953.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Pages edged in gold.
(b) Rare poems.
(c) Gold letters on the cover.
(d) The inscription.
2. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Helene will visit England.
(b) Helene will invite her to America.
(c) Helene will send nylons.
(d) Helene will send more eggs.
3. In what form would Marks & Co. prefer to receive payment from Helene?
(b) Personal check.
(c) Credit card.
(d) Postal money order.
4. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
5. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
2. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
3. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
4. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
5. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)