|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
2. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) September, 1950.
(b) October, 1949.
(c) May, 1949.
(d) June, 1950.
3. Where would Helene have to shop for books in New York City if she didn't have Marks & Co. sending them to her door?
(b) Times Square.
(c) 17th Street.
(d) Rockefeller Center.
4. What does Helene do when she received the first edition from Frank in 1950?
(a) She leaves it out on a table to look at all day.
(b) She is disappointed in the quality.
(c) She decides it is too expensive.
(d) She gives it as a gift.
5. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank report to Helene that Megan will be moving to in 1955?
2. What books did Helene want to find for her young friend's birthday in 1969?
3. What street in London does Helene tell Cecily she is longing to walk down?
4. Which of the following will NOT be in the nightmares Helene jokes she will have after reading the Giant Modern Library book?
5. What happens to the TV series Helene writes scripts for?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)