|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Megan Wells hope for in her April 1951 letter to Helene?
(a) Helene will invite her to America.
(b) Helene will visit England.
(c) Helene will send more eggs.
(d) Helene will send nylons.
2. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A fifty-story high-rise.
(b) A two-story boarding house.
(c) A five-room house.
(d) A five-story brownstone.
3. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
(b) Nestle bars.
4. What kind of place does Maxine find to stay during her visit to London?
(c) Boarding house.
5. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(d) Rare first editions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to have seen the prophet Ezekiel in the introduction to the book of poetry that Helene gets as a Christmas gift in 1959?
2. How many employees are working at Marks & Co. in 1951?
3. After receiving the Bibles, what book does Helene request next from Marks & Co.?
4. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the "hordes of tourists" who Frank says have diminished Marks &Co. books supplies in the summer of 1969?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)