|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nora from?
(c) South Africa.
2. What street does Helene live on in New York City?
(a) East 95th Street.
(b) Charing Cross Road.
(c) West 42nd Street.
3. How much did Harper's Magazine pay Helene for an article in 1961?
4. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Helene wants Maxine to write her about?
(a) Globe Theater.
(b) Inns of the Court.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) The tube.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
2. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
3. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
4. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
5. What is the long length of time that passes between letters from Marks & Co. in 1950?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)