|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of most of the American visitors Frank notices are coming to England in greater numbers?
2. Helene's friend Maxine visits London and thinks Marks & Co. is right out of __________________.
3. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) The inscription.
(b) Rare poems.
(c) Pages edged in gold.
(d) Gold letters on the cover.
4. What does Nora hope Helene can come to England for?
(a) The Coronation.
(b) The summer.
(c) A week at the beach.
(d) A book festival.
5. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(b) Broadway panhandler.
(c) Distinguished professor.
(d) Studious librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank sign off in most his letters to Helene?
2. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
3. What did Helene send in her Christmas 1951 package to Marks & Co. along with two boxes of eggs?
4. What type of place does Helene live in?
5. Which of the following in NOT one of the bibles Marks & Co. offered Helene in place of the Bible she requested?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)