|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of most of the American visitors Frank notices are coming to England in greater numbers?
2. Who does Frank report to Helene has been taken to live in a home in the spring of 1956?
(a) Mrs. Boulton.
(b) Cecily Farr.
(c) Bill Humphries.
(d) George Martin.
3. Who is said to have seen the prophet Ezekiel in the introduction to the book of poetry that Helene gets as a Christmas gift in 1959?
(a) Robert Browning.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) John Donne.
(d) William Blake.
4. Whose memoirs does Frank send Helene in 1961, saying her credit is always good with Marks & Co.?
(a) Duke of Normandy.
(b) Duke de Saint-Simon.
(c) Duke Wellington.
(d) Duke de Somerville.
5. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His summer house.
(b) His honeymoon.
(c) His Porsche.
(d) His new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose music does Frank admit to liking in his 1965 letter to Helene?
2. What does Marks & Co. apologize to Helene for in the November 26, 1949 letter?
3. What does Frank's wife Nora reveal she has used the tins of dried eggs to trade for?
4. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
5. Helene apologizes on behalf of America for letting England _____________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)