|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank buy in the summer of 1952?
(a) A dog.
(b) A house.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane ticket.
2. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
(b) Special courier.
(c) Book Post.
3. Why does Helene request the recipe from Cecily?
(a) Her birthday.
(c) Brian's birthday.
4. Who made the gift the booksellers sent to Helene for Christmas 1951?
(a) Frank's wife.
(b) Frank's eighty year old mother.
(c) Cecily's eighty year old grandmother.
(d) Frank's eighty year old neighbor.
5. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) Her store is rarely heated.
(b) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(c) The library is often cold.
(d) Her classroom is drafty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What anthology does Helene request Frank send her in late 1950?
2. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
3. What TV series is Helene writing for?
4. What does Helene promise to give to Sheila and Mary's children?
5. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)