|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene relay to Maxine that her mother is sending her?
(a) Nestle bars.
2. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) October, 1949.
(b) June, 1950.
(c) September, 1950.
(d) May, 1949.
3. What is the name of Frank and Nora's oldest daughter?
4. What does Helene send in her Easter package of 1951?
(a) Books of poetry.
5. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
(a) Wuthering Heights.
(b) Little Women.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the Christian relatives Helene describes when explaining her views on the Latin Bible?
2. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
3. Helene gets a book of poems by ____________ for a Christmas gift in 1959?
4. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
5. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)