|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helene spend her days wearing sweaters and wool slacks?
(a) The landlord turns the heat off during the day.
(b) Her classroom is drafty.
(c) Her store is rarely heated.
(d) The library is often cold.
2. What novel does Helene finally read and love?
(a) Little Women.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
3. What does Helene love to find in secondhand books?
(a) Grocery lists.
(d) Love letters.
4. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A five-story brownstone.
(b) A five-room house.
(c) A fifty-story high-rise.
(d) A two-story boarding house.
5. What does Frank recommend Helene use to clean her Grolier Bible?
(a) Soap and soda water.
(d) Dry cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Helene discovered makes the perfect page cutter?
2. What does Helene spill on one of the dollar bills she sends to England in November 1951?
3. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
4. What is the consensus of the rest of the "inmates" at Marks & Co. on the vote Helene asked Frank to take?
5. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)