|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many eggs per month are Londoners rationed per person in 1949?
2. What does Maxine report to Helene that the bookshelves in Marks & Co. are made of?
3. Frank sends Helene a modern version of ___________ in 1963.
(a) Canterbury Tales.
4. Where does Frank's daughter Mary work in 1969?
(a) London Airlines.
(b) University library.
(c) Marks & Co.
(d) University hospital.
5. Where had Frank been to buy books in the spring of 1951?
(b) Library sales.
(d) Country estates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Helene tell Frank she did NOT enjoy reading in her January 1956 letter?
2. Helene's first American history dramatization is about the British occupation of where from 1776-1783?
3. What impressed Helene about the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
4. How does Helene learn of Frank's death?
5. What term does Helene hope doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does in America?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)