|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene promise to give to Sheila and Mary's children?
(a) Her book collection.
(b) Her English tea set.
(c) Her Collected Juvenile Works.
(d) U.S. savings bonds.
2. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
3. What kind of books does Helene's friend Brian buy for a living?
(d) Rare first editions.
4. What is the occupation of most of the American visitors Frank notices are coming to England in greater numbers?
5. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her niece's boyfriend.
(b) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
(c) Her British niece.
(d) Her British neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helene joke that the proprietors of Marks & Co. should inform the Church of England about?
2. Who does Frank hope will be elected in his October 1951 letter to Helene?
3. What kind of books is Helene writing in 1964?
4. What does Helene call Frank in her February 9, 1952 letter?
5. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)