|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
2. What does Helene request that Frank ask the other employees to vote on in October 1951?
(a) Where Helene should stay in London.
(b) Which books to send next.
(c) Powdered eggs or fresh eggs.
(d) Who should visit Helene.
3. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
4. What recipe does Cecily send Helene in November of 1951?
(b) Christmas pudding.
(c) Treacle tart.
(d) Yorkshire Pudding.
5. Cecily's letter says that Mr. Martin thinks Helene has _____________.
(a) Mental instability.
(b) Odd taste in literature.
(c) A wonderful sense of humor.
(d) A mean streak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
2. Helene is deeply disappointed to find __________ has been deleted from the Sermons she likes to read aloud.
3. How does Marks & Co. send books to Helene?
4. How much is the first edition book Frank offers to send Helene in the fall of 1950?
5. Helene expresses in 1963 that while she appreciates the latest book Frank sent, she doesn't like ___________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)