|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helene promise her English friends she will try not to get on the gift book of poetry from Marks & Co.?
(a) Wine and crumbs.
(b) Tears and smears.
(c) Coffee and chocolate.
(d) Gin and ashes.
2. What does Bill Humphries do for Marks & Co.?
3. What does Nora wish they owned in her May 1958 letter to Helene?
4. What part of the first books that Helene receives from Marks & co. is she afraid to handle?
(a) Dead-white pages.
(b) Soft vellum and heavy cream-colored pages.
(c) Expensive wrapping.
(d) Stiff cardboardy covers.
5. What year was the Walton's Lives published that Frank sends to Helene in March 1952?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Harper's Magazine pay Helene for an article in 1961?
2. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
3. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
4. Which of the following employees of Marks & Co. was the first to write immediately to thank Helene for her 1951 Easter package?
5. Who does Frank tell Helene in a 1964 letter that he hasn't heard from in a number of years?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)