|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene tells Maxine in her February 1952 letter that she may not have the __________ to visit Marks & Co. someday.
2. Where does Helene think the first edition Frank sent her in 1950 belongs?
(a) A museum.
(b) A library in an English estate.
(c) The Library of Congress.
(d) The garbage.
3. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A wealthy heiress.
(b) A bored housewife.
(c) A poor writer.
(d) A poor teacher.
4. Who says they will gladly put up Helene when she visits England if they are still alive?
(a) Mrs. Boulton.
(c) Mr. Marks.
5. What does Helene joke that she financed for her dentist in her September 1952 letter?
(a) His new house.
(b) His honeymoon.
(c) His summer house.
(d) His Porsche.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose diary does Helene request Frank send her to help her through the long winter evenings?
2. Cecily's first letter to Helene describes Frank as being ___________.
3. Who is said to have seen the prophet Ezekiel in the introduction to the book of poetry that Helene gets as a Christmas gift in 1959?
4. What does Helene spend her "England money" on in 1957?
5. Helene's first American history dramatization is about the British occupation of where from 1776-1783?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)