|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of place does Helene live in?
(a) A two-story boarding house.
(b) A five-story brownstone.
(c) A fifty-story high-rise.
(d) A five-room house.
2. Helene specifically says she does not want any love poems from whom?
(a) Wyatt or Jonson.
(b) Keats or Shelley.
(c) Shakespeare or Wadsworth.
(d) Dickenson or Frost.
3. What does Nora tell Helene she hates doing in her May 1958 letter?
4. Who helps Helene translate British pounds into American dollars?
(a) Her niece's boyfriend.
(b) Her British niece.
(c) Her British neighbor.
(d) Her neighbor's boyfriend.
5. What dental work does Helene have to have done in the fall of 1952?
(a) Gum surgery.
(b) Her teeth capped.
(c) Her wisdom teeth removed.
(d) A root canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the complete name of the anthology Helene requests Frank send her in late 1950?
2. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
3. Who does Helene compare herself to in her January 1958 letter?
4. What book does Helene tell Frank she is terribly disappointed with in her October 1951 letter?
5. Where is Nora from?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)