|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first letter Helene receives from Marks & Co. signed?
2. Helene describes herself to Cecily as being about as smart looking as a________________.
(a) Broadway panhandler.
(c) Distinguished professor.
(d) Studious librarian.
3. What does Bill Humphries offer to Helene in his April 1951 letter?
(a) To send her anything from London.
(b) To send her free books.
(c) To visit her in America.
(d) To stay with his family in London.
4. How much did Harper's Magazine pay Helene for an article in 1961?
5. What was the name of the professor who first got Helene interested in books?
(a) Couch Quinery.
(c) Captain Quillen.
(d) Quentin Conch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is the Volume II of the Works and Life of Sir Walter Savage Landor that is sent to Helene published?
2. Who gives Helene permission to publish her correspondence with Frank?
3. Who is said to have seen the prophet Ezekiel in the introduction to the book of poetry that Helene gets as a Christmas gift in 1959?
4. What does Frank send to Helene for Christmas 1952?
5. What essays did Marks & Co. tell Helene would be difficult to find in her first letter from the booksellers?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)