|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1953 - 1969.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much meat does Helene discover the Londoners are rationed per family in 1949?
(a) Two 4 ounce steaks per month.
(b) One chicken per month.
(c) Two ounces per week.
(d) Three ounces per week.
2. Helene tells Frank in 1963 that she is a great lover of what?
(a) Scandal books.
(b) Tell-all books.
(c) I-was-there books.
(d) Love stories.
3. Where does Frank live in London?
(a) 37 Oakfield Court.
(b) Covent Gardens.
(c) Above Marks & Co.
(d) 53 Oxford Lane.
4. What does Helene tell Frank she does with the books she no longer wants?
(a) Donates them to a library.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Leaves them on a park bench.
(d) Gives them to friends.
5. Where does the professor teach who first got Helene interested in good literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helene feel about the first edition that Frank sends in 1950?
2. Helene says that from where she sits, London is a lot closer than _____________.
3. Cecily sends Helene photos that show her husband is what?
4. What type of essays does Frank let Helene know he is sending her in February 1951?
5. Who does Frank tell Helene in a 1964 letter that he hasn't heard from in a number of years?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)