1. What month and year does Helene start her correspondence with Marks & Co.?
(a) October, 1949.
(b) May, 1949.
(c) June, 1950.
(d) September, 1950.
2. Where did Helene see the ad for Marks & Co., prompting her to write them?
(a) Bookpress Monthly.
(b) Barnes & Noble.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Saturday Review of Literature.
3. What does Marks & Co. specialize in?
(a) Out-of-print books.
(c) Rare collectors' editions.
(d) Latest edition bestsellers.
4. What phrase from the Marks & Co.'s advertisement scares Helene?
(a) Expensive antiques.
(b) Aquarian booksellers.
(c) Rare and special.
(d) Antiquarian booksellers.
5. How much is Helene willing to spend on each book from Marks & Co.?
6. Who does Helene say she is in her first letter to Marks & Co.?
(a) A poor writer.
(b) A wealthy heiress.
(c) A bored housewife.
(d) A poor teacher.
7. How long does it take Helene to get a reply from Marks & Co. to her first letter?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three weeks.
This section contains 3,776 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)