|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Malcolm's real name?
2. What item is found that may help Boxer make the connection to August Spies?
3. A group of federal agents gathers outside the address of which character?
4. Who is set to make a speech at an important event in San Francisco?
5. What is Charles Danko's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
2. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
3. What is happening while Boxer makes her way to the Summit? What is Boxer's biggest problem at this time?
4. What happens when Boxer finally catches up to Danko?
5. What happens when Boxer first goes after Danko?
6. Danko visits Malcolm to talk about the cause. What do the men discuss? What is Danko's motto?
7. What is Boxer's reaction to the phone conversation she has with Jill?
8. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
9. The Berkley cops call Boxer with some information regarding the radicals. What is the news?
10. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Boxer learns about Jill's disappearance, she feels guilty. Why? Is Lindsay responsible for the disappearance? Is there a way Lindsay could have prevented it? Explain. What do you think really happened? Could there have been some way to prevent Jill's death? Why was Jill killed? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
As a detective and a lieutenant, Boxer is in an unusual position. She ranks above her old partner, Jacobi, and must command respect of the other homicide detectives in the squad without alienating anyone. Explain how Lindsay is able to juggle the duties and the working relationships with the men. Examine Boxer's rank and authority regarding Jacobi, Cappy, and Traccio. Do the men respect and cooperate with Boxer? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Lindsay, Cindy, Jill and Claire are the Women's Murder Club. Each woman brings something unique to the table. Compare and contrast the four women and their roles in the club.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)