|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Jill's father?
2. What is the name of the person who fired the gun?
3. What is the name of the establishment?
4. Where does Boxer first spot Danko?
5. What is Malcolm's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Boxer receive on her way back to San Francisco? Who delivers the news?
2. Where do Boxer and Claire begin the search for Jill? What do they find?
3. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
4. Where do agents gather to try and locate one of the radicals? Who is in attendance?
5. What is Boxer's reaction to the phone conversation she has with Jill?
6. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
7. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
8. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
9. What does Malcolm do in regards to Michelle? What object is involved?
10. The Berkley cops call Boxer with some information regarding the radicals. What is the news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
August Spies contacted Cindy on several occasions. Why? Why would the organization contact a reporter rather than trying to get straight to Boxer? Do you think it was a ploy to get press coverage from the media? Explain. How did Boxer feel about the contact? Could Boxer forbid Cindy to talk to the killers? Could Boxer prevent Cindy from using any of the information in newspaper articles? What might happen if Cindy used the information from August Spies without Boxer's permission?
Essay Topic 2
When Boxer learns about Jill's disappearance, she feels guilty. Why? Is Lindsay responsible for the disappearance? Is there a way Lindsay could have prevented it? Explain. What do you think really happened? Could there have been some way to prevent Jill's death? Why was Jill killed? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Homeland Security Deputy Director Joe Molinari and Chief Anthony Tracchio have similar jobs in that they are both in charge yet have bosses to answer to in regards to the murder cases in San Francisco and Portland. Compare and contrast the working style of the two men. Which has more freedom? Which has more authority in the investigation? How does each man relate to Boxer during the investigation?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)