|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe the weather at the murder scene?
2. Where does Boxer first spot Danko?
3. What item is found that may help Boxer make the connection to August Spies?
4. Who is set to make a speech at an important event in San Francisco?
5. What is the name of the shopping center visited by Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
2. While the agents face off with Hardaway, what is Danko doing in the city? What are Danko's thoughts?
3. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
4. Cindy calls to tell Boxer about another email received from August Spies. What does the email say? Who is involved?
5. The story turns to one of the newer radicals mentioned in the story. Who is the radical and where does he place the next bomb?
6. Although Lemouz offers little to no help to the police he does discuss an old incident. What is the incident? How does it relate?
7. The Berkley cops call Boxer with some information regarding the radicals. What is the news?
8. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
9. What interesting piece of information does Molinari share with Boxer regarding the Rincon explosion?
10. What is happening while Boxer makes her way to the Summit? What is Boxer's biggest problem at this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Homeland Security Deputy Director Joe Molinari and Chief Anthony Tracchio have similar jobs in that they are both in charge yet have bosses to answer to in regards to the murder cases in San Francisco and Portland. Compare and contrast the working style of the two men. Which has more freedom? Which has more authority in the investigation? How does each man relate to Boxer during the investigation?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the pros and cons of the relationship between Joe and Lindsay. Is the relationship a good idea? Explain. How might the relationship affect their work on the current case? How might it affect future cases? Is there any way that the relationship could work? How would they handle the bi-coastal situation?
Essay Topic 3
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny, kidnaps their six-month-old baby. What was the reason for Michelle's action? Do you think it was to protect the baby or was it for some other reason? How did Malcolm feel about the baby? What was Michelle's plan? What happened to the baby? Where was it found? What would you have done if you were Michelle? Explain.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)