|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes along with Boxer to interview the father of the alleged murderer?
2. Boxer receives ribbing from her co-workers regarding which of the following?
3. What was inside the briefcase?
4. Boxer finds that she is unable to do what?
5. What item is found that may help Boxer make the connection to August Spies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Boxer begins to make links between former victims and the Danko case. Who is connected? Where is the person located?
2. What information does the man have to give to Boxer and Molinari? Is it helpful?
3. What news does Boxer receive on her way back to San Francisco? Who delivers the news?
4. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
5. Boxer and Molinari plan to have dinner together at Boxer's house. What interrupts the evening?
6. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
7. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
8. What does Malcolm do in regards to Michelle? What object is involved?
9. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
10. The story turns to one of the newer radicals mentioned in the story. Who is the radical and where does he place the next bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Professor Lemouz claims that protests often turn violent for more than one reason. What are the reasons? Are the reasons valid? Do you agree or disagree with Lemouz? Give examples of peaceful and violent protests. Which are more successful? Does location play a part in the success or failure of a protest? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Cindy receives an e-mail regarding another August Spies attack. What were the details of the attack? What/who was found? Who was the victim? How do Lindsay, Claire and Cindy react to the scene? How would you react? What is their initial impression? Do you agree? Why was that particular victim chosen? Was the reason for the death made clear? Explain Boxer's next step.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)