|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes along with Boxer to interview the father of the alleged murderer?
2. To whom does Molinari make the request?
3. For whom does the woman work?
4. Where does Boxer first spot Danko?
5. Which form of action will work well but will take too long to put into effect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Boxer first goes after Danko?
2. Where do agents gather to try and locate one of the radicals? Who is in attendance?
3. What is happening while Boxer makes her way to the Summit? What is Boxer's biggest problem at this time?
4. The Berkley cops call Boxer with some information regarding the radicals. What is the news?
5. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
6. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
7. What information does the man have to give to Boxer and Molinari? Is it helpful?
8. Danko visits Malcolm to talk about the cause. What do the men discuss? What is Danko's motto?
9. Where do Boxer and Claire begin the search for Jill? What do they find?
10. While the agents face off with Hardaway, what is Danko doing in the city? What are Danko's thoughts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Homeland Security Deputy Director Joe Molinari and Chief Anthony Tracchio have similar jobs in that they are both in charge yet have bosses to answer to in regards to the murder cases in San Francisco and Portland. Compare and contrast the working style of the two men. Which has more freedom? Which has more authority in the investigation? How does each man relate to Boxer during the investigation?
Essay Topic 2
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
Essay Topic 3
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)