|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signs the email this time?
2. Who contacts Boxer regarding Michelle's whereabouts?
3. How does the standoff at the house end?
4. Cindy rallies the women after receiving which of the following?
5. Who/What seems to be the connection between Jill and August Spies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm do in regards to Michelle? What object is involved?
2. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
3. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
4. Boxer and Molinari plan to have dinner together at Boxer's house. What interrupts the evening?
5. Where do Boxer and Claire begin the search for Jill? What do they find?
6. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
7. What happens when Boxer finally catches up to Danko?
8. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
9. What is Boxer's reaction to the phone conversation she has with Jill?
10. The Berkley cops call Boxer with some information regarding the radicals. What is the news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
Essay Topic 3
Homeland Security Deputy Director Joe Molinari and Chief Anthony Tracchio have similar jobs in that they are both in charge yet have bosses to answer to in regards to the murder cases in San Francisco and Portland. Compare and contrast the working style of the two men. Which has more freedom? Which has more authority in the investigation? How does each man relate to Boxer during the investigation?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)