|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boxer and others are unable to stop which of the following from taking place?
2. The case of the contaminated water takes place in which location?
3. What is the name of the man's other son?
4. What finally kills Danko?
5. What item is quickly changed at the house after a conflict?
Short Essay Questions
1. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
2. The story turns to one of the newer radicals mentioned in the story. Who is the radical and where does he place the next bomb?
3. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
4. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
5. Danko visits Malcolm to talk about the cause. What do the men discuss? What is Danko's motto?
6. The Berkley cops call Boxer with some information regarding the radicals. What is the news?
7. Although Lemouz offers little to no help to the police he does discuss an old incident. What is the incident? How does it relate?
8. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
9. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
10. What is Boxer's reaction to the phone conversation she has with Jill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the pros and cons of the relationship between Joe and Lindsay. Is the relationship a good idea? Explain. How might the relationship affect their work on the current case? How might it affect future cases? Is there any way that the relationship could work? How would they handle the bi-coastal situation?
Essay Topic 2
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
Essay Topic 3
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)