|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boxer attempts to take down Danko but is hit by which of the following?
2. What adjective is used to describe the weather at the murder scene?
3. Where do agents gather to attempt to form a speedy and effective plan to combat the terrorists?
4. Who was killed by the latest bomb at the shopping center?
5. Which character receives a second email from the killers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interesting piece of information does Molinari share with Boxer regarding the Rincon explosion?
2. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
3. Danko visits Malcolm to talk about the cause. What do the men discuss? What is Danko's motto?
4. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
5. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
6. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
7. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
8. The story turns to one of the newer radicals mentioned in the story. Who is the radical and where does he place the next bomb?
9. What is happening while Boxer makes her way to the Summit? What is Boxer's biggest problem at this time?
10. Where do Boxer and Claire begin the search for Jill? What do they find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jill is having difficulty with her overbearing husband and often hides out at the office so she does not have to go home. Discuss Jill's situation. Is it surprising that someone like Jill can be the victim of domestic abuse? Explain. What would you do in Jill's shoes? How does Lindsay react to the husband's behavior? Do you think Lindsay was out of line when she talked to the man? What would you do in that situation? What was the husband's reaction? Do you think he would have changed his behavior if Jill had lived? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
August Spies contacted Cindy on several occasions. Why? Why would the organization contact a reporter rather than trying to get straight to Boxer? Do you think it was a ploy to get press coverage from the media? Explain. How did Boxer feel about the contact? Could Boxer forbid Cindy to talk to the killers? Could Boxer prevent Cindy from using any of the information in newspaper articles? What might happen if Cindy used the information from August Spies without Boxer's permission?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the link between the Dankos and the case. Why does Boxer question the eldest Danko? What does Boxer learn during the interview? Which members of the Danko family have survived? Explain the former case, Charles Danko's alleged death and relationship to the murder investigation. Is dad telling the truth?What does Boxer uncover? How? Is Charles Danko responsible for the murders? If so, did Danko work alone or did he have help? How does Jill relate to the Dankos? What happens next?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)