|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was inside the briefcase?
2. Where do the women of the Murder Club spend the night?
3. Boxer receives ribbing from her co-workers regarding which of the following?
4. What is the name of the person who fired the gun?
5. Which of the following is requested by Molinari?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Boxer first goes after Danko?
2. Boxer begins to make links between former victims and the Danko case. Who is connected? Where is the person located?
3. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
4. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
5. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
6. Although Lemouz offers little to no help to the police he does discuss an old incident. What is the incident? How does it relate?
7. Boxer and Molinari plan to have dinner together at Boxer's house. What interrupts the evening?
8. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
9. What information does the man have to give to Boxer and Molinari? Is it helpful?
10. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Boxer is a homicide detective that also bears the rank of lieutenant. Explain why it might be improper for the other detectives, like Jacobi and Cappy, to tease Boxer about her personal life. What is the hierarchy of the department of homicide detectives? What type of punishment might be given for insubordination? Why isn't Boxer offended by the remarks?
Essay Topic 2
While showering away the grime from the fire, Boxer thinks about re-entering the dating world. What is the root of Boxer's hesitation? What might cause Boxer to avoid dating? Is it difficult for someone to date a person that works in law enforcement? Why? What do you think happened to Boxer's last relationship? Was there anyone to blame? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)