|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the heart of Danko's philosophy?
2. What is the name Molinari uses to describe old radicals?
3. What is Cindy's opinion about the writer of the emails?
4. What is the name of the place where the meeting is scheduled to take place?
5. Who goes along with Boxer to interview the father of the alleged murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Boxer begins to make links between former victims and the Danko case. Who is connected? Where is the person located?
2. What does Malcolm do in regards to Michelle? What object is involved?
3. Although Lemouz offers little to no help to the police he does discuss an old incident. What is the incident? How does it relate?
4. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
5. What happens when Boxer finally catches up to Danko?
6. The story turns to one of the newer radicals mentioned in the story. Who is the radical and where does he place the next bomb?
7. While the agents face off with Hardaway, what is Danko doing in the city? What are Danko's thoughts?
8. Where do agents gather to try and locate one of the radicals? Who is in attendance?
9. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
10. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cindy receives an e-mail regarding another August Spies attack. What were the details of the attack? What/who was found? Who was the victim? How do Lindsay, Claire and Cindy react to the scene? How would you react? What is their initial impression? Do you agree? Why was that particular victim chosen? Was the reason for the death made clear? Explain Boxer's next step.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the pros and cons of the relationship between Joe and Lindsay. Is the relationship a good idea? Explain. How might the relationship affect their work on the current case? How might it affect future cases? Is there any way that the relationship could work? How would they handle the bi-coastal situation?
Essay Topic 3
As a detective and a lieutenant, Boxer is in an unusual position. She ranks above her old partner, Jacobi, and must command respect of the other homicide detectives in the squad without alienating anyone. Explain how Lindsay is able to juggle the duties and the working relationships with the men. Examine Boxer's rank and authority regarding Jacobi, Cappy, and Traccio. Do the men respect and cooperate with Boxer? Explain.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)