|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boxer begin her search to learn about Jill's relationship to the case?
2. What is the name of the man's other son?
3. Who is contacted with the hopes of finding out about the missing character's whereabouts?
4. What is the name of the person who fired the gun?
5. Who gets shot during the chaos?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the agents face off with Hardaway, what is Danko doing in the city? What are Danko's thoughts?
2. What interesting piece of information does Molinari share with Boxer regarding the Rincon explosion?
3. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
4. Boxer begins to make links between former victims and the Danko case. Who is connected? Where is the person located?
5. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
6. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
7. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
8. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
9. What news does Boxer receive on her way back to San Francisco? Who delivers the news?
10. The story turns to one of the newer radicals mentioned in the story. Who is the radical and where does he place the next bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jill is having difficulty with her overbearing husband and often hides out at the office so she does not have to go home. Discuss Jill's situation. Is it surprising that someone like Jill can be the victim of domestic abuse? Explain. What would you do in Jill's shoes? How does Lindsay react to the husband's behavior? Do you think Lindsay was out of line when she talked to the man? What would you do in that situation? What was the husband's reaction? Do you think he would have changed his behavior if Jill had lived? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Professor Lemouz claims that protests often turn violent for more than one reason. What are the reasons? Are the reasons valid? Do you agree or disagree with Lemouz? Give examples of peaceful and violent protests. Which are more successful? Does location play a part in the success or failure of a protest? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the link between the Dankos and the case. Why does Boxer question the eldest Danko? What does Boxer learn during the interview? Which members of the Danko family have survived? Explain the former case, Charles Danko's alleged death and relationship to the murder investigation. Is dad telling the truth?What does Boxer uncover? How? Is Charles Danko responsible for the murders? If so, did Danko work alone or did he have help? How does Jill relate to the Dankos? What happens next?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)