|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name attached to a court case that may have started the attacks?
2. What type of establishment is the site used to send the email regarding the murders?
3. What adjective best describes the intention regarding the character's capture?
4. Which form of action will work well but will take too long to put into effect?
5. Which prominent group was arrested by federal agents nearly thirty years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Boxer's reaction to the phone conversation she has with Jill?
2. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
3. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
4. The story turns to one of the newer radicals mentioned in the story. Who is the radical and where does he place the next bomb?
5. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
6. What is happening while Boxer makes her way to the Summit? What is Boxer's biggest problem at this time?
7. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
8. Boxer and Molinari plan to have dinner together at Boxer's house. What interrupts the evening?
9. What interesting piece of information does Molinari share with Boxer regarding the Rincon explosion?
10. Where do agents gather to try and locate one of the radicals? Who is in attendance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a detective and a lieutenant, Boxer is in an unusual position. She ranks above her old partner, Jacobi, and must command respect of the other homicide detectives in the squad without alienating anyone. Explain how Lindsay is able to juggle the duties and the working relationships with the men. Examine Boxer's rank and authority regarding Jacobi, Cappy, and Traccio. Do the men respect and cooperate with Boxer? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Boxer is a homicide detective that also bears the rank of lieutenant. Explain why it might be improper for the other detectives, like Jacobi and Cappy, to tease Boxer about her personal life. What is the hierarchy of the department of homicide detectives? What type of punishment might be given for insubordination? Why isn't Boxer offended by the remarks?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)