|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Boxer's evening with Molinari?
2. Boxer attempts to take down Danko but is hit by which of the following?
3. What was determined as being the cause of Jill's death?
4. What was the name attached to a court case that may have started the attacks?
5. How long has it been since the man's son was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
2. What happens when Boxer finally catches up to Danko?
3. Cindy calls to tell Boxer about another email received from August Spies. What does the email say? Who is involved?
4. What is Boxer's reaction to the phone conversation she has with Jill?
5. Although Lemouz offers little to no help to the police he does discuss an old incident. What is the incident? How does it relate?
6. Where do agents gather to try and locate one of the radicals? Who is in attendance?
7. The story turns to one of the newer radicals mentioned in the story. Who is the radical and where does he place the next bomb?
8. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
9. What interesting piece of information does Molinari share with Boxer regarding the Rincon explosion?
10. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the pros and cons of the relationship between Joe and Lindsay. Is the relationship a good idea? Explain. How might the relationship affect their work on the current case? How might it affect future cases? Is there any way that the relationship could work? How would they handle the bi-coastal situation?
Essay Topic 3
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)