|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cindy's opinion about the writer of the emails?
2. Boxer receives ribbing from her co-workers regarding which of the following?
3. What is the name of the establishment?
4. Who is inside the house at the chosen address?
5. Who was killed by the latest bomb at the shopping center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does the man have to give to Boxer and Molinari? Is it helpful?
2. Where do Boxer and Claire begin the search for Jill? What do they find?
3. While the agents face off with Hardaway, what is Danko doing in the city? What are Danko's thoughts?
4. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
5. What happens when Boxer first goes after Danko?
6. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
7. What does Malcolm do in regards to Michelle? What object is involved?
8. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
9. What is happening while Boxer makes her way to the Summit? What is Boxer's biggest problem at this time?
10. What interesting piece of information does Molinari share with Boxer regarding the Rincon explosion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Joe Molinari in the murder case. Who is Molinari? For what agency does Molinari work? What is his job position? How does Molinari become involved in the investigation? How does his involvement affect Boxer's case? Can the two work together and achieve positive results? Is there an issue between local law enforcement and the feds in regards to this case? How does Molinari feel about Boxer on a professional level? How does Boxer feel about Molinari? Do you think it is wise for the couple to get involved while on the case? Do you think it is wise to be involved at all? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Boxer is a homicide detective that also bears the rank of lieutenant. Explain why it might be improper for the other detectives, like Jacobi and Cappy, to tease Boxer about her personal life. What is the hierarchy of the department of homicide detectives? What type of punishment might be given for insubordination? Why isn't Boxer offended by the remarks?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)