|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Boxer travel to interview the man?
2. Who does the man blame for his son's death?
3. What is the name of the man involved in executing the next attack?
4. Cindy rallies the women after receiving which of the following?
5. For whom does the woman work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
2. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
3. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
4. What does Malcolm do in regards to Michelle? What object is involved?
5. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
6. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
7. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
8. What interesting piece of information does Molinari share with Boxer regarding the Rincon explosion?
9. What happens when Boxer finally catches up to Danko?
10. Boxer and Molinari plan to have dinner together at Boxer's house. What interrupts the evening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a detective and a lieutenant, Boxer is in an unusual position. She ranks above her old partner, Jacobi, and must command respect of the other homicide detectives in the squad without alienating anyone. Explain how Lindsay is able to juggle the duties and the working relationships with the men. Examine Boxer's rank and authority regarding Jacobi, Cappy, and Traccio. Do the men respect and cooperate with Boxer? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Jill is having difficulty with her overbearing husband and often hides out at the office so she does not have to go home. Discuss Jill's situation. Is it surprising that someone like Jill can be the victim of domestic abuse? Explain. What would you do in Jill's shoes? How does Lindsay react to the husband's behavior? Do you think Lindsay was out of line when she talked to the man? What would you do in that situation? What was the husband's reaction? Do you think he would have changed his behavior if Jill had lived? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)