|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lemouz do when confronted by police?
2. Who goes along with Boxer to interview the father of the alleged murderer?
3. Where do agents gather to attempt to form a speedy and effective plan to combat the terrorists?
4. What was the occupation of Jill's father?
5. What is the name of the man's other son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
2. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
3. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
4. Danko visits Malcolm to talk about the cause. What do the men discuss? What is Danko's motto?
5. What news does Boxer receive on her way back to San Francisco? Who delivers the news?
6. What interesting piece of information does Molinari share with Boxer regarding the Rincon explosion?
7. Boxer begins to make links between former victims and the Danko case. Who is connected? Where is the person located?
8. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
9. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
10. Boxer and Molinari plan to have dinner together at Boxer's house. What interrupts the evening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny is responsible for the kidnapping of the baby. Why would the nanny take the baby? Was it part of the plan or an impulse? What did Danko think about the baby? What was the opinion of Michelle's boyfriend? Do you think Michelle did the right thing? What do you think will happen to the baby after the murderer is caught? What do you think will happen to Michelle? Do you think nanny-related kidnappings are common? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)