|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boxer and others are unable to stop which of the following from taking place?
2. Where do agents gather to attempt to form a speedy and effective plan to combat the terrorists?
3. What was the name attached to a court case that may have started the attacks?
4. Boxer receives ribbing from her co-workers regarding which of the following?
5. Which of the following is requested by Molinari?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
2. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
3. Where do agents gather to try and locate one of the radicals? Who is in attendance?
4. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
5. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
6. Boxer begins to make links between former victims and the Danko case. Who is connected? Where is the person located?
7. What information does the man have to give to Boxer and Molinari? Is it helpful?
8. Cindy calls to tell Boxer about another email received from August Spies. What does the email say? Who is involved?
9. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
10. Danko visits Malcolm to talk about the cause. What do the men discuss? What is Danko's motto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jill is having difficulty with her overbearing husband and often hides out at the office so she does not have to go home. Discuss Jill's situation. Is it surprising that someone like Jill can be the victim of domestic abuse? Explain. What would you do in Jill's shoes? How does Lindsay react to the husband's behavior? Do you think Lindsay was out of line when she talked to the man? What would you do in that situation? What was the husband's reaction? Do you think he would have changed his behavior if Jill had lived? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Cindy receives an e-mail regarding another August Spies attack. What were the details of the attack? What/who was found? Who was the victim? How do Lindsay, Claire and Cindy react to the scene? How would you react? What is their initial impression? Do you agree? Why was that particular victim chosen? Was the reason for the death made clear? Explain Boxer's next step.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)