|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the riot referenced by Lemouz?
2. Who contacts Boxer regarding Michelle's whereabouts?
3. To whom does Molinari make the request?
4. Who is inside the house at the chosen address?
5. How long has it been since the man's son was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do agents gather to try and locate one of the radicals? Who is in attendance?
2. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
3. What is happening while Boxer makes her way to the Summit? What is Boxer's biggest problem at this time?
4. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
5. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
6. Although Lemouz offers little to no help to the police he does discuss an old incident. What is the incident? How does it relate?
7. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
8. What is Boxer's reaction to the phone conversation she has with Jill?
9. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
10. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
Essay Topic 2
Homeland Security Deputy Director Joe Molinari and Chief Anthony Tracchio have similar jobs in that they are both in charge yet have bosses to answer to in regards to the murder cases in San Francisco and Portland. Compare and contrast the working style of the two men. Which has more freedom? Which has more authority in the investigation? How does each man relate to Boxer during the investigation?
Essay Topic 3
August Spies contacted Cindy on several occasions. Why? Why would the organization contact a reporter rather than trying to get straight to Boxer? Do you think it was a ploy to get press coverage from the media? Explain. How did Boxer feel about the contact? Could Boxer forbid Cindy to talk to the killers? Could Boxer prevent Cindy from using any of the information in newspaper articles? What might happen if Cindy used the information from August Spies without Boxer's permission?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)