|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cindy rallies the women after receiving which of the following?
2. What item does Malcolm take away from Michelle?
3. When was the riot held?
4. What does Lemouz do when confronted by police?
5. Where do the women of the Murder Club spend the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Danko visits Malcolm to talk about the cause. What do the men discuss? What is Danko's motto?
2. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
3. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
4. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
5. The Berkley cops call Boxer with some information regarding the radicals. What is the news?
6. Boxer and Molinari plan to have dinner together at Boxer's house. What interrupts the evening?
7. What news does Boxer receive on her way back to San Francisco? Who delivers the news?
8. What happens when Boxer finally catches up to Danko?
9. The story turns to one of the newer radicals mentioned in the story. Who is the radical and where does he place the next bomb?
10. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Boxer learns about Jill's disappearance, she feels guilty. Why? Is Lindsay responsible for the disappearance? Is there a way Lindsay could have prevented it? Explain. What do you think really happened? Could there have been some way to prevent Jill's death? Why was Jill killed? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny is responsible for the kidnapping of the baby. Why would the nanny take the baby? Was it part of the plan or an impulse? What did Danko think about the baby? What was the opinion of Michelle's boyfriend? Do you think Michelle did the right thing? What do you think will happen to the baby after the murderer is caught? What do you think will happen to Michelle? Do you think nanny-related kidnappings are common? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Professor Lemouz claims that protests often turn violent for more than one reason. What are the reasons? Are the reasons valid? Do you agree or disagree with Lemouz? Give examples of peaceful and violent protests. Which are more successful? Does location play a part in the success or failure of a protest? Explain.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)