|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supposedly harmless item does Danko carry into the crowd?
2. How does the standoff at the house end?
3. What is the name of the radical that is allegedly connected with Lemouz?
4. Boxer attempts to take down Danko but is hit by which of the following?
5. Danko and Malcolm discuss what upcoming event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
2. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
3. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
4. Where do Boxer and Claire begin the search for Jill? What do they find?
5. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
6. What happens when Boxer first goes after Danko?
7. What is happening while Boxer makes her way to the Summit? What is Boxer's biggest problem at this time?
8. While the agents face off with Hardaway, what is Danko doing in the city? What are Danko's thoughts?
9. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
10. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
August Spies contacted Cindy on several occasions. Why? Why would the organization contact a reporter rather than trying to get straight to Boxer? Do you think it was a ploy to get press coverage from the media? Explain. How did Boxer feel about the contact? Could Boxer forbid Cindy to talk to the killers? Could Boxer prevent Cindy from using any of the information in newspaper articles? What might happen if Cindy used the information from August Spies without Boxer's permission?
Essay Topic 2
While showering away the grime from the fire, Boxer thinks about re-entering the dating world. What is the root of Boxer's hesitation? What might cause Boxer to avoid dating? Is it difficult for someone to date a person that works in law enforcement? Why? What do you think happened to Boxer's last relationship? Was there anyone to blame? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Boxer is a homicide detective that also bears the rank of lieutenant. Explain why it might be improper for the other detectives, like Jacobi and Cappy, to tease Boxer about her personal life. What is the hierarchy of the department of homicide detectives? What type of punishment might be given for insubordination? Why isn't Boxer offended by the remarks?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)