|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Boxer learn about Charles Danko?
2. A group of federal agents gathers outside the address of which character?
3. To whom does Molinari make the request?
4. What was the occupation of Jill's father?
5. How long has it been since the man's son was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
2. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
3. What is happening while Boxer makes her way to the Summit? What is Boxer's biggest problem at this time?
4. Who shoots the Vice President? Where does the woman work?
5. While the agents face off with Hardaway, what is Danko doing in the city? What are Danko's thoughts?
6. Cindy calls to tell Boxer about another email received from August Spies. What does the email say? Who is involved?
7. Where do Boxer and Claire begin the search for Jill? What do they find?
8. Danko visits Malcolm to talk about the cause. What do the men discuss? What is Danko's motto?
9. Where do agents gather to try and locate one of the radicals? Who is in attendance?
10. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a detective and a lieutenant, Boxer is in an unusual position. She ranks above her old partner, Jacobi, and must command respect of the other homicide detectives in the squad without alienating anyone. Explain how Lindsay is able to juggle the duties and the working relationships with the men. Examine Boxer's rank and authority regarding Jacobi, Cappy, and Traccio. Do the men respect and cooperate with Boxer? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the link between the Dankos and the case. Why does Boxer question the eldest Danko? What does Boxer learn during the interview? Which members of the Danko family have survived? Explain the former case, Charles Danko's alleged death and relationship to the murder investigation. Is dad telling the truth?What does Boxer uncover? How? Is Charles Danko responsible for the murders? If so, did Danko work alone or did he have help? How does Jill relate to the Dankos? What happens next?
Essay Topic 3
Cindy receives an e-mail regarding another August Spies attack. What were the details of the attack? What/who was found? Who was the victim? How do Lindsay, Claire and Cindy react to the scene? How would you react? What is their initial impression? Do you agree? Why was that particular victim chosen? Was the reason for the death made clear? Explain Boxer's next step.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)