|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the abuser's end goal in attacking another person?
2. The person was seen purchasing an item. What was the item?
3. Boxer receives what in relation to the professor at Berkley?
4. Which adjective is best used to describe Lemouz?
5. Where does Jill work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who observes the explosion from afar? What is the person's interest in the disaster? Why is the person pleased?
2. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
3. What information does Boxer receive when she meets with the Berkley cops?
4. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
5. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
6. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
7. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
8. Who does Boxer interview regarding Michelle's whereabouts? Who gives Boxer an address?
9. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
10. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ricin poisoning is used throughout the story. What is Ricin? How is it obtained? How does one use Ricin to poison someone? Is there an antidote? What are the symptoms of and treatments for Ricin poisoning? How does Claire know the poison used is rRcin? Does the type of poison give any clues to the case? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Lindsay, Cindy, Jill and Claire are the Women's Murder Club. Each woman brings something unique to the table. Compare and contrast the four women and their roles in the club.
Essay Topic 3
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny is responsible for the kidnapping of the baby. Why would the nanny take the baby? Was it part of the plan or an impulse? What did Danko think about the baby? What was the opinion of Michelle's boyfriend? Do you think Michelle did the right thing? What do you think will happen to the baby after the murderer is caught? What do you think will happen to Michelle? Do you think nanny-related kidnappings are common? Explain.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)