|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boxer stops to admire which of the following on the way home?
2. What seems to be missing from the crime scene?
3. What does Jill's husband do for a living?
4. Where did the confrontation take place?
5. How many days are left before the event takes place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
2. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
3. When Boxer analyzes the scene, what is her conclusion about the murder?
4. What is the main topic discussed when the Women's Murder Club gets together for dinner? What is the resolution to the problem?
5. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
6. Cindy makes a discovery at Berkley regarding a suspicious character. Who is it? What does Boxer think of the man?
7. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
8. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
9. What happens when Cindy receives the email? What does she do?
10. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jill is having difficulty with her overbearing husband and often hides out at the office so she does not have to go home. Discuss Jill's situation. Is it surprising that someone like Jill can be the victim of domestic abuse? Explain. What would you do in Jill's shoes? How does Lindsay react to the husband's behavior? Do you think Lindsay was out of line when she talked to the man? What would you do in that situation? What was the husband's reaction? Do you think he would have changed his behavior if Jill had lived? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Joe Molinari in the murder case. Who is Molinari? For what agency does Molinari work? What is his job position? How does Molinari become involved in the investigation? How does his involvement affect Boxer's case? Can the two work together and achieve positive results? Is there an issue between local law enforcement and the feds in regards to this case? How does Molinari feel about Boxer on a professional level? How does Boxer feel about Molinari? Do you think it is wise for the couple to get involved while on the case? Do you think it is wise to be involved at all? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny is responsible for the kidnapping of the baby. Why would the nanny take the baby? Was it part of the plan or an impulse? What did Danko think about the baby? What was the opinion of Michelle's boyfriend? Do you think Michelle did the right thing? What do you think will happen to the baby after the murderer is caught? What do you think will happen to Michelle? Do you think nanny-related kidnappings are common? Explain.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)