|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boxer must deal with a confrontation involving which character?
2. Boxer receives what in relation to the professor at Berkley?
3. Who stands by and watches the explosion?
4. What is learned about Charlotte Lightower?
5. Where do the members supposedly come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cindy receives the email? What does she do?
2. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
3. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
4. Lindsay decides to take Jill's problem into her own hands. How does she do it?
5. What is the main topic discussed when the Women's Murder Club gets together for dinner? What is the resolution to the problem?
6. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
7. How does the reader get the impression that Boxer works far too many hours in her job?
8. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
9. Who observes the explosion from afar? What is the person's interest in the disaster? Why is the person pleased?
10. Why does Boxer find it necessary to be wary of overtures of friendship made by Cindy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny is responsible for the kidnapping of the baby. Why would the nanny take the baby? Was it part of the plan or an impulse? What did Danko think about the baby? What was the opinion of Michelle's boyfriend? Do you think Michelle did the right thing? What do you think will happen to the baby after the murderer is caught? What do you think will happen to Michelle? Do you think nanny-related kidnappings are common? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
When Boxer learns about Jill's disappearance, she feels guilty. Why? Is Lindsay responsible for the disappearance? Is there a way Lindsay could have prevented it? Explain. What do you think really happened? Could there have been some way to prevent Jill's death? Why was Jill killed? Explain.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)