|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes along to a hotel room with a strange woman?
2. What is Molinari's title within the agency?
3. What is the name of the professor at Berkley?
4. What item is refused upon Lindsay's request?
5. Molinari believes that there is a strong movement that may be related to the killings. The movement supports which issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
2. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
3. Why does Claire call Boxer to the morgue? What has been learned about Bengosian?
4. Claire calls Lindsay and asks to meet. Where does Claire want to meet? What information does she have for Boxer?
5. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
6. Discuss the introduction of Claire. What is her relationship to Boxer?
7. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
8. Boxer decides that she needs help on the investigation. Who does Boxer call in to help? What is the first step?
9. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
10. Who observes the explosion from afar? What is the person's interest in the disaster? Why is the person pleased?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Boxer is a homicide detective that also bears the rank of lieutenant. Explain why it might be improper for the other detectives, like Jacobi and Cappy, to tease Boxer about her personal life. What is the hierarchy of the department of homicide detectives? What type of punishment might be given for insubordination? Why isn't Boxer offended by the remarks?
Essay Topic 2
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
Essay Topic 3
Ricin poisoning is used throughout the story. What is Ricin? How is it obtained? How does one use Ricin to poison someone? Is there an antidote? What are the symptoms of and treatments for Ricin poisoning? How does Claire know the poison used is rRcin? Does the type of poison give any clues to the case? Explain.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)