|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend with Boxer?
2. Who at X/L finally relents?
3. How long had it been since the relationship ended?
4. What kind of service has hired the women to work?
5. What happened to Boxer's previous boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
2. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
3. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
4. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
5. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
6. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
7. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
8. Boxer decides that she needs help on the investigation. Who does Boxer call in to help? What is the first step?
9. What is the main topic discussed when the Women's Murder Club gets together for dinner? What is the resolution to the problem?
10. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Lindsay, Cindy, Jill and Claire are the Women's Murder Club. Each woman brings something unique to the table. Compare and contrast the four women and their roles in the club.
Essay Topic 3
As a detective and a lieutenant, Boxer is in an unusual position. She ranks above her old partner, Jacobi, and must command respect of the other homicide detectives in the squad without alienating anyone. Explain how Lindsay is able to juggle the duties and the working relationships with the men. Examine Boxer's rank and authority regarding Jacobi, Cappy, and Traccio. Do the men respect and cooperate with Boxer? Explain.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)