|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boxer believes that the killer may be which of the following?
2. Which adjective best describes Boxer's first emotion regarding Molinari?
3. Boxer's main objective at this point is to locate which of the following?
4. What is the signature on the email?
5. What kind of service has hired the women to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
2. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
3. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
4. Why does Claire call Boxer to the morgue? What has been learned about Bengosian?
5. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
6. How does the reader get the impression that Boxer works far too many hours in her job?
7. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
8. What information does Boxer receive when she returns to the police station? Who delivers the news?
9. Why does Boxer find it necessary to be wary of overtures of friendship made by Cindy?
10. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
August Spies contacted Cindy on several occasions. Why? Why would the organization contact a reporter rather than trying to get straight to Boxer? Do you think it was a ploy to get press coverage from the media? Explain. How did Boxer feel about the contact? Could Boxer forbid Cindy to talk to the killers? Could Boxer prevent Cindy from using any of the information in newspaper articles? What might happen if Cindy used the information from August Spies without Boxer's permission?
Essay Topic 2
Lindsay, Cindy, Jill and Claire are the Women's Murder Club. Each woman brings something unique to the table. Compare and contrast the four women and their roles in the club.
Essay Topic 3
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)