|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Jill's husband regarding his behavior?
2. Which adjective best describes Boxer's first emotion regarding Molinari?
3. What is the cause of death for this particular victim?
4. Who calls Molinari during his dinner with Boxer?
5. Where does Michelle leave the Lightower baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Boxer receive when she returns to the police station? Who delivers the news?
2. What happens when Cindy receives the email? What does she do?
3. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
4. How does the reader get the impression that Boxer works far too many hours in her job?
5. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
6. Discuss the introduction of Claire. What is her relationship to Boxer?
7. Why does Boxer find it necessary to be wary of overtures of friendship made by Cindy?
8. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
9. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
10. What is the main topic discussed when the Women's Murder Club gets together for dinner? What is the resolution to the problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
August Spies contacted Cindy on several occasions. Why? Why would the organization contact a reporter rather than trying to get straight to Boxer? Do you think it was a ploy to get press coverage from the media? Explain. How did Boxer feel about the contact? Could Boxer forbid Cindy to talk to the killers? Could Boxer prevent Cindy from using any of the information in newspaper articles? What might happen if Cindy used the information from August Spies without Boxer's permission?
Essay Topic 2
Cindy receives an e-mail regarding another August Spies attack. What were the details of the attack? What/who was found? Who was the victim? How do Lindsay, Claire and Cindy react to the scene? How would you react? What is their initial impression? Do you agree? Why was that particular victim chosen? Was the reason for the death made clear? Explain Boxer's next step.
Essay Topic 3
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)