|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which victim is currently being examined?
2. What types of agencies are called in by Boxer?
3. What happens to the admired item?
4. Which adjective is best used to describe Lemouz?
5. The killers claim that the killings are connected to which event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
2. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
3. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
4. Claire calls Lindsay and asks to meet. Where does Claire want to meet? What information does she have for Boxer?
5. Lindsay decides to take Jill's problem into her own hands. How does she do it?
6. What happens when Cindy receives the email? What does she do?
7. Although Lemouz offers little to no help to the police he does discuss an old incident. What is the incident? How does it relate?
8. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
9. What is the main topic discussed when the Women's Murder Club gets together for dinner? What is the resolution to the problem?
10. What is about to happen at the G-8 Summit? What information may save the day?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the link between the Dankos and the case. Why does Boxer question the eldest Danko? What does Boxer learn during the interview? Which members of the Danko family have survived? Explain the former case, Charles Danko's alleged death and relationship to the murder investigation. Is dad telling the truth?What does Boxer uncover? How? Is Charles Danko responsible for the murders? If so, did Danko work alone or did he have help? How does Jill relate to the Dankos? What happens next?
Essay Topic 2
While showering away the grime from the fire, Boxer thinks about re-entering the dating world. What is the root of Boxer's hesitation? What might cause Boxer to avoid dating? Is it difficult for someone to date a person that works in law enforcement? Why? What do you think happened to Boxer's last relationship? Was there anyone to blame? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
August Spies contacted Cindy on several occasions. Why? Why would the organization contact a reporter rather than trying to get straight to Boxer? Do you think it was a ploy to get press coverage from the media? Explain. How did Boxer feel about the contact? Could Boxer forbid Cindy to talk to the killers? Could Boxer prevent Cindy from using any of the information in newspaper articles? What might happen if Cindy used the information from August Spies without Boxer's permission?
This section contains 1,910 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)