|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who at X/L finally relents?
2. Boxer must deal with a confrontation involving which character?
3. The Medical Examiner refers to the cause of death as being which of the following?
4. What is the name of the professor at Berkley?
5. The agency believes that members of which of the following groups are involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claire call Boxer to the morgue? What has been learned about Bengosian?
2. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
3. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
4. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
5. When Boxer analyzes the scene, what is her conclusion about the murder?
6. Boxer decides that she needs help on the investigation. Who does Boxer call in to help? What is the first step?
7. What information does the man have to give to Boxer and Molinari? Is it helpful?
8. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
9. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
10. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
Essay Topic 1
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the pros and cons of the relationship between Joe and Lindsay. Is the relationship a good idea? Explain. How might the relationship affect their work on the current case? How might it affect future cases? Is there any way that the relationship could work? How would they handle the bi-coastal situation?
This section contains 1,865 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)