|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Lightowers' nanny?
2. Where does Boxer go after she leaves the site of the explosion?
3. What is the abuser's end goal in attacking another person?
4. Boxer must deal with a confrontation involving which character?
5. What is the hotel man's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is inside the house? What is the result of the capture?
2. Why does Claire call Boxer to the morgue? What has been learned about Bengosian?
3. What is the outcome of the shooting at the Summit? What happens to Boxer?
4. Cindy calls to tell Boxer about another email received from August Spies. What does the email say? Who is involved?
5. Where do agents gather to try and locate one of the radicals? Who is in attendance?
6. Where do Boxer and Claire begin the search for Jill? What do they find?
7. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
8. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
9. What happens when Boxer first goes after Danko?
10. What does Malcolm do in regards to Michelle? What object is involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny, kidnaps their six-month-old baby. What was the reason for Michelle's action? Do you think it was to protect the baby or was it for some other reason? How did Malcolm feel about the baby? What was Michelle's plan? What happened to the baby? Where was it found? What would you have done if you were Michelle? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Cindy receives an e-mail regarding another August Spies attack. What were the details of the attack? What/who was found? Who was the victim? How do Lindsay, Claire and Cindy react to the scene? How would you react? What is their initial impression? Do you agree? Why was that particular victim chosen? Was the reason for the death made clear? Explain Boxer's next step.
This section contains 1,849 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)