|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands by and watches the explosion?
2. Who is contacted by Boxer for assistance from the court?
3. The killers claim that the killings are connected to which event?
4. What is the name of the professor at Berkley?
5. Where did the confrontation take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cindy receives the email? What does she do?
2. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
3. What is the main topic discussed when the Women's Murder Club gets together for dinner? What is the resolution to the problem?
4. Why does Boxer find it necessary to be wary of overtures of friendship made by Cindy?
5. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
6. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
7. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
8. When Boxer analyzes the scene, what is her conclusion about the murder?
9. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
10. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny is responsible for the kidnapping of the baby. Why would the nanny take the baby? Was it part of the plan or an impulse? What did Danko think about the baby? What was the opinion of Michelle's boyfriend? Do you think Michelle did the right thing? What do you think will happen to the baby after the murderer is caught? What do you think will happen to Michelle? Do you think nanny-related kidnappings are common? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Boxer is a homicide detective that also bears the rank of lieutenant. Explain why it might be improper for the other detectives, like Jacobi and Cappy, to tease Boxer about her personal life. What is the hierarchy of the department of homicide detectives? What type of punishment might be given for insubordination? Why isn't Boxer offended by the remarks?
Essay Topic 3
Jill is having difficulty with her overbearing husband and often hides out at the office so she does not have to go home. Discuss Jill's situation. Is it surprising that someone like Jill can be the victim of domestic abuse? Explain. What would you do in Jill's shoes? How does Lindsay react to the husband's behavior? Do you think Lindsay was out of line when she talked to the man? What would you do in that situation? What was the husband's reaction? Do you think he would have changed his behavior if Jill had lived? Explain.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)