|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who at X/L finally relents?
2. According to Lemouz the best kind of rally usually involves which of the following?
3. Boxer stops to admire which of the following on the way home?
4. How long had it been since the relationship ended?
5. What is the hotel man's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
2. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
3. Boxer decides that she needs help on the investigation. Who does Boxer call in to help? What is the first step?
4. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
5. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
6. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
7. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
8. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
9. Discuss the introduction of Claire. What is her relationship to Boxer?
10. Lindsay decides to take Jill's problem into her own hands. How does she do it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
Essay Topic 2
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The story talks a lot about radicals. What are radicals? Who are they? Why are the radicals referred to as "weathermen" by Molinari? Is there a special meaning to the name August Spies? Is there any relation between the radicals and the KGB? Explain. Also explain the history of the KGB in Russia and America. Has the presence of the KGB and/or radicals changed since the end of the Cold War? Explain.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)