|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boxer's main objective at this point is to locate which of the following?
2. Where do the members supposedly come from?
3. Who stands by and watches the explosion?
4. Who has contact with people at Berkley?
5. How many women are interviewed with the hope they know Michelle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Claire calls Lindsay and asks to meet. Where does Claire want to meet? What information does she have for Boxer?
2. What information does Boxer receive when she meets with the Berkley cops?
3. What information does Boxer receive when she returns to the police station? Who delivers the news?
4. What happens when Cindy receives the email? What does she do?
5. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
6. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
7. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
8. When Boxer analyzes the scene, what is her conclusion about the murder?
9. Why does Claire call Boxer to the morgue? What has been learned about Bengosian?
10. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Homeland Security Deputy Director Joe Molinari and Chief Anthony Tracchio have similar jobs in that they are both in charge yet have bosses to answer to in regards to the murder cases in San Francisco and Portland. Compare and contrast the working style of the two men. Which has more freedom? Which has more authority in the investigation? How does each man relate to Boxer during the investigation?
Essay Topic 3
Ricin poisoning is used throughout the story. What is Ricin? How is it obtained? How does one use Ricin to poison someone? Is there an antidote? What are the symptoms of and treatments for Ricin poisoning? How does Claire know the poison used is rRcin? Does the type of poison give any clues to the case? Explain.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)