|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The killers claim that the killings are connected to which event?
2. What is the name of Lightower's somewhat questionable business?
3. What is the name of the friend who could also gain valuable inside information from Lindsay?
4. Boxer finds a note at the next crime scene. Who has signed the note?
5. Where does Boxer go after she leaves the site of the explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
2. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
3. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
4. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
5. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
6. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
7. How does the reader get the impression that Boxer works far too many hours in her job?
8. Who does Boxer interview regarding Michelle's whereabouts? Who gives Boxer an address?
9. Discuss the introduction of Claire. What is her relationship to Boxer?
10. Why does Boxer find it necessary to be wary of overtures of friendship made by Cindy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the link between the Dankos and the case. Why does Boxer question the eldest Danko? What does Boxer learn during the interview? Which members of the Danko family have survived? Explain the former case, Charles Danko's alleged death and relationship to the murder investigation. Is dad telling the truth?What does Boxer uncover? How? Is Charles Danko responsible for the murders? If so, did Danko work alone or did he have help? How does Jill relate to the Dankos? What happens next?
Essay Topic 2
When Boxer learns about Jill's disappearance, she feels guilty. Why? Is Lindsay responsible for the disappearance? Is there a way Lindsay could have prevented it? Explain. What do you think really happened? Could there have been some way to prevent Jill's death? Why was Jill killed? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny, kidnaps their six-month-old baby. What was the reason for Michelle's action? Do you think it was to protect the baby or was it for some other reason? How did Malcolm feel about the baby? What was Michelle's plan? What happened to the baby? Where was it found? What would you have done if you were Michelle? Explain.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)