|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend with Boxer?
2. Who calls Molinari during his dinner with Boxer?
3. What problem is there between Jill and the other person(s)?
4. What happened to Boxer's previous boyfriend?
5. What is the name of the friend who could also gain valuable inside information from Lindsay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
2. What is the setting used in the beginning of the book? What time frame is used?
3. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
4. Lindsay decides to take Jill's problem into her own hands. How does she do it?
5. Claire calls Lindsay and asks to meet. Where does Claire want to meet? What information does she have for Boxer?
6. What happens when Cindy receives the email? What does she do?
7. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
8. When Boxer analyzes the scene, what is her conclusion about the murder?
9. What information does Boxer receive when she returns to the police station? Who delivers the news?
10. Who observes the explosion from afar? What is the person's interest in the disaster? Why is the person pleased?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny is responsible for the kidnapping of the baby. Why would the nanny take the baby? Was it part of the plan or an impulse? What did Danko think about the baby? What was the opinion of Michelle's boyfriend? Do you think Michelle did the right thing? What do you think will happen to the baby after the murderer is caught? What do you think will happen to Michelle? Do you think nanny-related kidnappings are common? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Professor Lemouz claims that protests often turn violent for more than one reason. What are the reasons? Are the reasons valid? Do you agree or disagree with Lemouz? Give examples of peaceful and violent protests. Which are more successful? Does location play a part in the success or failure of a protest? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny, kidnaps their six-month-old baby. What was the reason for Michelle's action? Do you think it was to protect the baby or was it for some other reason? How did Malcolm feel about the baby? What was Michelle's plan? What happened to the baby? Where was it found? What would you have done if you were Michelle? Explain.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)