Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hotel man's first name?
2. What items are released to Boxer from X/L?
3. Who has contact with people at Berkley?
4. What is the cause of death for this particular victim?
5. What is Molinari's title within the agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
2. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
3. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
4. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
5. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
6. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
7. What happens that Molinari is called back to the gate for an emergency?
8. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
9. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
10. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
Essay Topic 1
Boxer is a homicide detective that also bears the rank of lieutenant. Explain why it might be improper for the other detectives, like Jacobi and Cappy, to tease Boxer about her personal life. What is the hierarchy of the department of homicide detectives? What type of punishment might be given for insubordination? Why isn't Boxer offended by the remarks?
Essay Topic 2
The story talks a lot about radicals. What are radicals? Who are they? Why are the radicals referred to as "weathermen" by Molinari? Is there a special meaning to the name August Spies? Is there any relation between the radicals and the KGB? Explain. Also explain the history of the KGB in Russia and America. Has the presence of the KGB and/or radicals changed since the end of the Cold War? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Jill is having difficulty with her overbearing husband and often hides out at the office so she does not have to go home. Discuss Jill's situation. Is it surprising that someone like Jill can be the victim of domestic abuse? Explain. What would you do in Jill's shoes? How does Lindsay react to the husband's behavior? Do you think Lindsay was out of line when she talked to the man? What would you do in that situation? What was the husband's reaction? Do you think he would have changed his behavior if Jill had lived? Explain.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)