|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hotel man's first name?
2. What items are released to Boxer from X/L?
3. Who has contact with people at Berkley?
4. What is the cause of death for this particular victim?
5. What is Molinari's title within the agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
2. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
3. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
4. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
5. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
6. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
7. What happens that Molinari is called back to the gate for an emergency?
8. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
9. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
10. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
Essay Topic 1
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
As a detective and a lieutenant, Boxer is in an unusual position. She ranks above her old partner, Jacobi, and must command respect of the other homicide detectives in the squad without alienating anyone. Explain how Lindsay is able to juggle the duties and the working relationships with the men. Examine Boxer's rank and authority regarding Jacobi, Cappy, and Traccio. Do the men respect and cooperate with Boxer? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the link between the Dankos and the case. Why does Boxer question the eldest Danko? What does Boxer learn during the interview? Which members of the Danko family have survived? Explain the former case, Charles Danko's alleged death and relationship to the murder investigation. Is dad telling the truth?What does Boxer uncover? How? Is Charles Danko responsible for the murders? If so, did Danko work alone or did he have help? How does Jill relate to the Dankos? What happens next?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)