|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Boxer's previous boyfriend?
2. Who has contact with people at Berkley?
3. Who calls Molinari during his dinner with Boxer?
4. What is the profession of this particular friend?
5. What is the name of Lightower's somewhat questionable business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cindy receives the email? What does she do?
2. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
3. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
4. Boxer decides that she needs help on the investigation. Who does Boxer call in to help? What is the first step?
5. Cindy makes a discovery at Berkley regarding a suspicious character. Who is it? What does Boxer think of the man?
6. What information does Boxer receive when she returns to the police station? Who delivers the news?
7. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
8. Why does Boxer find it necessary to be wary of overtures of friendship made by Cindy?
9. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
10. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Professor Lemouz claims that protests often turn violent for more than one reason. What are the reasons? Are the reasons valid? Do you agree or disagree with Lemouz? Give examples of peaceful and violent protests. Which are more successful? Does location play a part in the success or failure of a protest? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny, kidnaps their six-month-old baby. What was the reason for Michelle's action? Do you think it was to protect the baby or was it for some other reason? How did Malcolm feel about the baby? What was Michelle's plan? What happened to the baby? Where was it found? What would you have done if you were Michelle? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Michelle, the Lightowers' nanny is responsible for the kidnapping of the baby. Why would the nanny take the baby? Was it part of the plan or an impulse? What did Danko think about the baby? What was the opinion of Michelle's boyfriend? Do you think Michelle did the right thing? What do you think will happen to the baby after the murderer is caught? What do you think will happen to Michelle? Do you think nanny-related kidnappings are common? Explain.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)