|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jill's husband do for a living?
2. Who receives an email from the killers?
3. How many days are left before the event takes place?
4. What does Jill promise in regard to her current situation?
5. What types of agencies are called in by Boxer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Boxer interview regarding Michelle's whereabouts? Who gives Boxer an address?
2. Who observes the explosion from afar? What is the person's interest in the disaster? Why is the person pleased?
3. What information does Boxer receive when she returns to the police station? Who delivers the news?
4. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
5. Why does Boxer find it necessary to be wary of overtures of friendship made by Cindy?
6. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
7. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
8. Why does Claire call Boxer to the morgue? What has been learned about Bengosian?
9. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
10. Boxer decides that she needs help on the investigation. Who does Boxer call in to help? What is the first step?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
Essay Topic 2
Ricin poisoning is used throughout the story. What is Ricin? How is it obtained? How does one use Ricin to poison someone? Is there an antidote? What are the symptoms of and treatments for Ricin poisoning? How does Claire know the poison used is rRcin? Does the type of poison give any clues to the case? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)