Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hotel man's first name?
2. What items are released to Boxer from X/L?
3. Who has contact with people at Berkley?
4. What is the cause of death for this particular victim?
5. What is Molinari's title within the agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
2. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
3. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
4. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
5. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
6. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
7. What happens that Molinari is called back to the gate for an emergency?
8. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
9. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
10. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
Essay Topic 1
Professor Lemouz claims that protests often turn violent for more than one reason. What are the reasons? Are the reasons valid? Do you agree or disagree with Lemouz? Give examples of peaceful and violent protests. Which are more successful? Does location play a part in the success or failure of a protest? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Ricin poisoning is used throughout the story. What is Ricin? How is it obtained? How does one use Ricin to poison someone? Is there an antidote? What are the symptoms of and treatments for Ricin poisoning? How does Claire know the poison used is rRcin? Does the type of poison give any clues to the case? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
When Boxer learns about Jill's disappearance, she feels guilty. Why? Is Lindsay responsible for the disappearance? Is there a way Lindsay could have prevented it? Explain. What do you think really happened? Could there have been some way to prevent Jill's death? Why was Jill killed? Explain.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)