Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hotel man's first name?
2. What items are released to Boxer from X/L?
3. Who has contact with people at Berkley?
4. What is the cause of death for this particular victim?
5. What is Molinari's title within the agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. Boxer leaves the command center as soon as she receives the news that there has been another explosion. What item is found and how it is identified?
2. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
3. What conversation takes place when Boxer and Molinari leave Tracchio's office?
4. Chapter 78 opens in a hidden command center within the city of San Francisco. What are the agents attempting to do? What is the final decision on the action?
5. Chapter 59 reverts to Cindy at the newspaper office. What are Cindy's feelings about the case?
6. What incident takes place at Jill's home in Chapter 52?
7. What happens that Molinari is called back to the gate for an emergency?
8. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
9. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
10. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
Essay Topic 1
Homeland Security Deputy Director Joe Molinari and Chief Anthony Tracchio have similar jobs in that they are both in charge yet have bosses to answer to in regards to the murder cases in San Francisco and Portland. Compare and contrast the working style of the two men. Which has more freedom? Which has more authority in the investigation? How does each man relate to Boxer during the investigation?
Essay Topic 2
Although there is great personal risk in entering a burning building, Lindsay Boxer operates on instinct at the Lightower home. Explain the difference between instinct and training, particularly as it relates to police work. What might have happened if Lindsay had not been at the scene? What might have happened if Lindsay had waited for emergency services to arrive? What possible danger did Lindsay face by going into the building unprepared?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the link between the Dankos and the case. Why does Boxer question the eldest Danko? What does Boxer learn during the interview? Which members of the Danko family have survived? Explain the former case, Charles Danko's alleged death and relationship to the murder investigation. Is dad telling the truth?What does Boxer uncover? How? Is Charles Danko responsible for the murders? If so, did Danko work alone or did he have help? How does Jill relate to the Dankos? What happens next?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)