|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person was seen purchasing an item. What was the item?
2. What is the name of the Lightowers' nanny?
3. Where did the confrontation take place?
4. What does Jill's husband do for a living?
5. Claire asks Boxer to meet her at what location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the introduction of Claire. What is her relationship to Boxer?
2. Cindy makes a discovery at Berkley regarding a suspicious character. Who is it? What does Boxer think of the man?
3. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
4. Who observes the explosion from afar? What is the person's interest in the disaster? Why is the person pleased?
5. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
6. What information does Boxer receive when she meets with the Berkley cops?
7. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
8. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
9. What information does Boxer receive when she returns to the police station? Who delivers the news?
10. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Professor Lemouz claims that protests often turn violent for more than one reason. What are the reasons? Are the reasons valid? Do you agree or disagree with Lemouz? Give examples of peaceful and violent protests. Which are more successful? Does location play a part in the success or failure of a protest? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Lindsay, Cindy, Jill and Claire are the Women's Murder Club. Each woman brings something unique to the table. Compare and contrast the four women and their roles in the club.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Joe Molinari in the murder case. Who is Molinari? For what agency does Molinari work? What is his job position? How does Molinari become involved in the investigation? How does his involvement affect Boxer's case? Can the two work together and achieve positive results? Is there an issue between local law enforcement and the feds in regards to this case? How does Molinari feel about Boxer on a professional level? How does Boxer feel about Molinari? Do you think it is wise for the couple to get involved while on the case? Do you think it is wise to be involved at all? Explain.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)