|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boxer contemplates the impact of which of the following?
2. Where does Boxer go after she leaves the site of the explosion?
3. What is the name of Boxer's friend working at home when she learns of the problem?
4. Who summons Boxer to come to the morgue?
5. The agency believes that members of which of the following groups are involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
2. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
3. Discuss the introduction of Claire. What is her relationship to Boxer?
4. Cindy makes a discovery at Berkley regarding a suspicious character. Who is it? What does Boxer think of the man?
5. Who does Boxer interview regarding Michelle's whereabouts? Who gives Boxer an address?
6. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
7. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
8. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
9. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
10. What information does Boxer receive when she returns to the police station? Who delivers the news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a detective and a lieutenant, Boxer is in an unusual position. She ranks above her old partner, Jacobi, and must command respect of the other homicide detectives in the squad without alienating anyone. Explain how Lindsay is able to juggle the duties and the working relationships with the men. Examine Boxer's rank and authority regarding Jacobi, Cappy, and Traccio. Do the men respect and cooperate with Boxer? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
August Spies contacted Cindy on several occasions. Why? Why would the organization contact a reporter rather than trying to get straight to Boxer? Do you think it was a ploy to get press coverage from the media? Explain. How did Boxer feel about the contact? Could Boxer forbid Cindy to talk to the killers? Could Boxer prevent Cindy from using any of the information in newspaper articles? What might happen if Cindy used the information from August Spies without Boxer's permission?
Essay Topic 3
Cindy gives Boxer information about Berkley. What is Cindy's connection to Berkley? Who is Professor Lemouz? How does Cindy know the professor? Why is Lemouz a good person to interview? What is Boxer's opinion of Lemouz? Is the opinion correct? What is Lemouz's role in the story? How important is Lemouz in regards to the killings? Explain.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)