|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend with Boxer?
2. What is the cause of death for this particular victim?
3. What types of agencies are called in by Boxer?
4. What is the relationship between the victim and the person who arrives at the scene?
5. Who scares Jill enough to make her hide in the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Lemouz offers little to no help to the police he does discuss an old incident. What is the incident? How does it relate?
2. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
3. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
4. Boxer and Molinari plan to have dinner together at Boxer's house. What interrupts the evening?
5. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
6. What kind of award does Boxer receive for her work on the Danko case?
7. What is the setting used in the beginning of the book? What time frame is used?
8. Cindy interrupts the teasing in the bullpen by informing Boxer of what news?
9. What incident is thought to be tied to the August Spies case? What happens?
10. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cindy receives an e-mail regarding another August Spies attack. What were the details of the attack? What/who was found? Who was the victim? How do Lindsay, Claire and Cindy react to the scene? How would you react? What is their initial impression? Do you agree? Why was that particular victim chosen? Was the reason for the death made clear? Explain Boxer's next step.
Essay Topic 2
Lindsay, Cindy, Jill and Claire are the Women's Murder Club. Each woman brings something unique to the table. Compare and contrast the four women and their roles in the club.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Joe Molinari in the murder case. Who is Molinari? For what agency does Molinari work? What is his job position? How does Molinari become involved in the investigation? How does his involvement affect Boxer's case? Can the two work together and achieve positive results? Is there an issue between local law enforcement and the feds in regards to this case? How does Molinari feel about Boxer on a professional level? How does Boxer feel about Molinari? Do you think it is wise for the couple to get involved while on the case? Do you think it is wise to be involved at all? Explain.
This section contains 1,882 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)