|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which law enforcement agency does Boxer meet with in this section?
2. Where do the members supposedly come from?
3. How long had it been since the relationship ended?
4. Claire asks Boxer to meet her at what location?
5. Who confronts Jill's husband regarding his behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boxer respond when the townhouse she is admiring explodes?
2. Claire calls Lindsay and asks to meet. Where does Claire want to meet? What information does she have for Boxer?
3. What information does Boxer receive when she meets with the Berkley cops?
4. Boxer decides that she needs help on the investigation. Who does Boxer call in to help? What is the first step?
5. Lindsay decides to take Jill's problem into her own hands. How does she do it?
6. Who does Boxer interview regarding Michelle's whereabouts? Who gives Boxer an address?
7. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
8. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
9. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
10. What is unusual about the dosage of poison given to the victim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Professor Lemouz claims that protests often turn violent for more than one reason. What are the reasons? Are the reasons valid? Do you agree or disagree with Lemouz? Give examples of peaceful and violent protests. Which are more successful? Does location play a part in the success or failure of a protest? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
When Boxer learns about Jill's disappearance, she feels guilty. Why? Is Lindsay responsible for the disappearance? Is there a way Lindsay could have prevented it? Explain. What do you think really happened? Could there have been some way to prevent Jill's death? Why was Jill killed? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Cindy is a part of the Women's Murder Club and also a friend to Lindsay, Claire, and Jill. Cindy is also a reporter. How does Cindy separate her friendships and work? Is it possible that one does not interfere with the other? What might happen if Cindy prints news before Boxer wants it to be released to the public? Could the work interfere with Boxer's work as well as the relationship? How would you handle the situation? Do you think the friendship will survive? Explain.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)