|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boxer's rank on the police force?
2. The killers claim that the killings are connected to which event?
3. Boxer's main objective at this point is to locate which of the following?
4. Who goes along to a hotel room with a strange woman?
5. Who is contacted by Boxer for assistance from the court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boxer do immediately after leaving X/L? What is the result?
2. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
3. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
4. What information does Boxer receive when she returns to the police station? Who delivers the news?
5. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
6. What is the main topic discussed when the Women's Murder Club gets together for dinner? What is the resolution to the problem?
7. Why does Claire call Boxer to the morgue? What has been learned about Bengosian?
8. When Boxer analyzes the scene, what is her conclusion about the murder?
9. Who does Boxer interview regarding Michelle's whereabouts? Who gives Boxer an address?
10. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the pros and cons of the relationship between Joe and Lindsay. Is the relationship a good idea? Explain. How might the relationship affect their work on the current case? How might it affect future cases? Is there any way that the relationship could work? How would they handle the bi-coastal situation?
Essay Topic 2
When Boxer learns about Jill's disappearance, she feels guilty. Why? Is Lindsay responsible for the disappearance? Is there a way Lindsay could have prevented it? Explain. What do you think really happened? Could there have been some way to prevent Jill's death? Why was Jill killed? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
August Spies contacted Cindy on several occasions. Why? Why would the organization contact a reporter rather than trying to get straight to Boxer? Do you think it was a ploy to get press coverage from the media? Explain. How did Boxer feel about the contact? Could Boxer forbid Cindy to talk to the killers? Could Boxer prevent Cindy from using any of the information in newspaper articles? What might happen if Cindy used the information from August Spies without Boxer's permission?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)