|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be missing from the crime scene?
2. What is the name of the professor at Berkley?
(d) Van Pelt.
3. What is the signature on the email?
(a) Ricin killer.
(b) August Spies.
(c) No signature.
4. What is the abuser's end goal in attacking another person?
5. What is learned about Charlotte Lightower?
(a) She was beaten.
(b) She set the fire.
(c) She tried to escape.
(d) She was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supplies the information?
2. To which location is the email sent?
3. What kind of service has hired the women to work?
4. What is the hotel man's first name?
5. The person was seen purchasing an item. What was the item?
Short Essay Questions
1. Claire calls Lindsay and asks to meet. Where does Claire want to meet? What information does she have for Boxer?
2. When Boxer analyzes the scene, what is her conclusion about the murder?
3. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
4. Boxer decides that she needs help on the investigation. Who does Boxer call in to help? What is the first step?
5. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
6. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
7. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
8. Lindsay decides to take Jill's problem into her own hands. How does she do it?
9. What is the gist of the call received by Boxer? What does the caller want Boxer to know?
10. How does the reader get the impression that Boxer works far too many hours in her job?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)