|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who at X/L finally relents?
2. Claire asks Boxer to meet her at what location?
(b) Her office.
3. What is the first name of the protagonist, Detective Boxer?
4. What problem is there between Jill and the other person(s)?
5. What is the occupation of this particular friend?
(c) Medical examiner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days are left before the event takes place?
2. Who scares Jill enough to make her hide in the office?
3. Who originally makes the connection to Berkley?
4. The Medical Examiner refers to the cause of death as being which of the following?
5. What information does Jill disclose to the other women at dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
2. Discuss the introduction of Claire. What is her relationship to Boxer?
3. Who observes the explosion from afar? What is the person's interest in the disaster? Why is the person pleased?
4. When Boxer analyzes the scene, what is her conclusion about the murder?
5. What is the setting used in the beginning of the book? What time frame is used?
6. What happens when Cindy receives the email? What does she do?
7. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
8. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
9. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
10. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)