|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surname of the victim found at the scene?
2. What is the name of the professor at Berkley?
(b) Van Pelt.
3. Boxer believes that the killer may be which of the following?
(b) A woman.
(c) A teen.
(d) Serial killer.
4. What is the relationship between the victim and the person who arrives at the scene?
5. Boxer contemplates the impact of which of the following?
(b) Quitting the force.
(c) Jill's abusive situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the signature on the email?
2. Which law enforcement agency does Boxer meet with in this section?
3. Who confronts Jill's husband regarding his behavior?
4. The Medical Examiner refers to the cause of death as being which of the following?
5. What does Jill promise in regard to her current situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
2. Who observes the explosion from afar? What is the person's interest in the disaster? Why is the person pleased?
3. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
4. Discuss the introduction of Claire. What is her relationship to Boxer?
5. What is the setting used in the beginning of the book? What time frame is used?
6. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
7. What is the main topic discussed when the Women's Murder Club gets together for dinner? What is the resolution to the problem?
8. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
9. Why does Claire call Boxer to the morgue? What has been learned about Bengosian?
10. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)