|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the friend with Boxer?
2. The Medical Examiner refers to the cause of death as being which of the following?
3. In which state is this major metropolitan city?
4. Where does Jill work?
(a) Cleaning service.
(b) DA's office.
(c) Local newspaper.
5. Who confronts Jill's husband regarding his behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who scares Jill enough to make her hide in the office?
2. The tip involves which of the following characters?
3. What is the surname of the victim found at the scene?
4. What is the occupation of this particular friend?
5. Boxer stops to admire which of the following on the way home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the next murder take place? Who goes to investigate?
2. What is Malcolm doing at the time? How does it affect Michelle?
3. Discuss Boxer's visit to Jill's office. What is Jill's mood? Why?
4. Chapter 41 focuses on which character? What is surprising about the character's trip to the SFPD?
5. Chapter 37 begins with Cindy receiving an email at the newspaper. Who is the email from and what does it say?
6. When Boxer analyzes the scene, what is her conclusion about the murder?
7. What is ironic about Jill's situation with her husband?
8. What is the setting used in the beginning of the book? What time frame is used?
9. What is the importance of the Lightowers' nanny at this point? Why is it important to locate her?
10. In Chapter 42 Boxer meets a major player in the investigation. Who is it? What is the character's role?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)