Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1-8 Abstract
* Reader is introduced to protagonist Lindsay Boxer and her friend, Jill.
* The friends run together.
* Lindsay sees a townhouse explode and calls it in.
* Reader meets Warren Jacobi.
Chapters 9-17 Abstract
* Claire learns about the explosion and leaves to check on Lindsay
* A fake bomb and mocking note are found.
* Bodies in the...
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)