|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
2. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
(a) Demands from Xerxes
(b) A prayer for the souls of the Spartans
(c) Peace agreement
3. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Darkness falling
(b) Clear sky
(c) Persian corpses
(d) Blood on the ground
4. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
5. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
2. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
3. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
4. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
5. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)