|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mercer buy while at Kim's shop in chapter forty-three?
2. What does Chimera bet the old man at the bar about the killer in chapter sixty-six?
3. What does Stu first suggest that they do with the photograph that Lindsay gives him in the beginning of chapter twenty-six?
4. What does Lindsay say the killer used to sign the killing of Davidson in chapter thirty-five?
5. What does Evans tell Lindsay about the club when she lays down pictures in chapter thirty-eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
2. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
3. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
4. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
5. What happens in chapter fifty when Lindsay has left the bar?
6. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
7. How does officer Davidson die?
8. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
9. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
10. Describe Lindsay's meeting with Weiscz.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) When Weiscz told Lindsay that it sounded like an inside job was it something that caught your attention before she focused on? Why or why not?
2) Who did you first suspect of being Chimera before Frank Coombs was looked at? Explain.
3) Was it clear what Frank meant when he told Lindsay that there was going to be one more surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Did you feel that the author spent a lot of time explaining what happened in the book that the prequel to 2nd Chance? Explain.
2) Do you feel that more or less information was needed about past events? Why?
3) Did reading this book make you interested in reading other books in this series? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare Frank Coombs to Rusty Coombs.
2) Speculate on the relationship that Frank and Rusty had. How is it possible that Rusty's mother didn't realize the truth of her son?
3) In regards to Rusty Coombs do you think it is more a question of nature or nurture that could be viewed as the basis for his views and actions? Explain.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)