|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cindy and Aaron Winslow find that they have in common?
2. What does Weiscz say when Lindsay tells him that she gave him something, even if it was only for a moment?
3. What does Chimera bet the old man at the bar about the killer in chapter sixty-six?
4. What does the sign at Pelican Bay explain as you go in?
5. What does Cindy say she has learned about the killer in chapter twenty-nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
2. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
3. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
4. Describe the memorial service that is held for Tasha Catchings.
5. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
6. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
7. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
8. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
9. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
10. How does officer Davidson die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) When Weiscz told Lindsay that it sounded like an inside job was it something that caught your attention before she focused on? Why or why not?
2) Who did you first suspect of being Chimera before Frank Coombs was looked at? Explain.
3) Was it clear what Frank meant when he told Lindsay that there was going to be one more surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Lindsay's character in the story.
2) In what ways is Lindsay a typical cop? In what ways is she atypical?
3) Would you describe Lindsay as a flawed character? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)