|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the killer say on the 911 tape before he hangs up?
2. What does Lindsay's father say when she tells him that her mother had always said he was a pathological liar?
3. What does Cindy explain gave the skin under Estelle Chipman's nails the appearance of being something other than Caucasian?
4. What does Lindsay call Cindy when they meet in chapter fifty-seven?
5. What does Lindsay's father say when she asks if he still bets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
2. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
3. Describe the murder of Mercer.
4. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
5. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
6. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
7. What happens in chapter fifty when Lindsay has left the bar?
8. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
9. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
10. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the main plot of the story?
2) What were three of the top subplots in the story? How did they affect the main plot?
3) What was the climax of the main plot?
Essay Topic 2
1) Was Mercer's death in the story necessary?
2) What do you believe Mercer was going to tell Lindsay?
3) Do you think that Mercer knew that the events surrounding Lindsay's father leaving were connected to Chimera?
Essay Topic 3
1) When Weiscz told Lindsay that it sounded like an inside job was it something that caught your attention before she focused on? Why or why not?
2) Who did you first suspect of being Chimera before Frank Coombs was looked at? Explain.
3) Was it clear what Frank meant when he told Lindsay that there was going to be one more surprise? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)