|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cappy do to Evans in chapter thirty-seven while asking him questions?
2. What does Cindy say that Aaron Winslow reminds her of?
3. What is Lindsay told that Weiscz did to get sent to Pelican Bay?
4. What does Charlie tell Lindsay that they did find at Davidson's murder scene?
5. What does Lindsay say the killer used to sign the killing of Davidson in chapter thirty-five?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
2. Describe the memorial service that is held for Tasha Catchings.
3. Describe the murder of Mercer.
4. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
5. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
6. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
7. Describe Lindsay's meeting with Weiscz.
8. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
9. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
10. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to choose one of the jobs of the four women belonging to the murder club, which one would you choose and why? Lawyer, ME, Police officer, or Newspaper reporter.
2) Speculate on the reasons that Weiscz was willing to tell Lindsay anything when she went to talk to him in the prison system.
3) Could there have been something different put on the window of the church? If so what?
Essay Topic 2
1) What did Tasha Catchings represent in the story?
2) Why was her murder what the story opened with?
3) Why was it significant that the window with Tasha in it was the last thing seen in the story or is it significant?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)