|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacobi tell Lindsay when he calls her from the Blue Parrot?
2. What does Cindy say she has learned about the killer in chapter twenty-nine?
3. What does the killer say on the 911 tape before he hangs up?
4. What does Cindy say that Aaron Winslow reminds her of?
5. What is called in that gets Davidson and his partner to the building in chapter thirty-one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
2. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
3. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
4. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
5. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
6. Describe the memorial service that is held for Tasha Catchings.
7. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
8. How does officer Davidson die?
9. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
10. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Did you feel that the author spent a lot of time explaining what happened in the book that the prequel to 2nd Chance? Explain.
2) Do you feel that more or less information was needed about past events? Why?
3) Did reading this book make you interested in reading other books in this series? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Speculate on why the white supremacy group in the story chose the Chimera as its symbol.
2) What was significant about the name that was underlined in the mythology book?
3) If you had to pick a different symbol for the group what would you pick and why?
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare Frank Coombs to Rusty Coombs.
2) Speculate on the relationship that Frank and Rusty had. How is it possible that Rusty's mother didn't realize the truth of her son?
3) In regards to Rusty Coombs do you think it is more a question of nature or nurture that could be viewed as the basis for his views and actions? Explain.
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)