|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estes answer when Lindsay asks if she can promise Weiscz anything?
2. What does Cindy tell Lindsy the hero used to have that killed the Chimera?
3. What were they able to match from Davidson's murder scene and Mercer's murder scene?
4. What does Lindsay say that she has?
5. What does Evans tell Lindsay about the club when she lays down pictures in chapter thirty-eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does officer Davidson die?
2. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
3. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
4. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
5. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
6. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
7. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
8. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
9. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
10. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) How important are the roles of males and females as they are seen in 2nd Chance?
2) Do you feel that the author's portrayal of how men and women are viewed in relation to their capabilities and roles is accurate? Why or why not?
3) Do you think that the author has a firm grasp on women's behavior even though he is male? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Did you feel that the author spent a lot of time explaining what happened in the book that the prequel to 2nd Chance? Explain.
2) Do you feel that more or less information was needed about past events? Why?
3) Did reading this book make you interested in reading other books in this series? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) What did Tasha Catchings represent in the story?
2) Why was her murder what the story opened with?
3) Why was it significant that the window with Tasha in it was the last thing seen in the story or is it significant?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)