|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sign at Pelican Bay explain as you go in?
2. When did Lindsay's dad buy the bottle of wine?
3. What does Cindy explain gave the skin under Estelle Chipman's nails the appearance of being something other than Caucasian?
4. What does Stu first suggest that they do with the photograph that Lindsay gives him in the beginning of chapter twenty-six?
5. What does Aaron Winslow say that Tasha wanted to be when she grew up at her funeral service?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
2. Describe the murder of Mercer.
3. What happens in chapter fifty when Lindsay has left the bar?
4. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
5. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
6. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
7. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
8. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
9. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
10. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Did you feel that the author spent a lot of time explaining what happened in the book that the prequel to 2nd Chance? Explain.
2) Do you feel that more or less information was needed about past events? Why?
3) Did reading this book make you interested in reading other books in this series? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) When Weiscz told Lindsay that it sounded like an inside job was it something that caught your attention before she focused on? Why or why not?
2) Who did you first suspect of being Chimera before Frank Coombs was looked at? Explain.
3) Was it clear what Frank meant when he told Lindsay that there was going to be one more surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) What did Tasha Catchings represent in the story?
2) Why was her murder what the story opened with?
3) Why was it significant that the window with Tasha in it was the last thing seen in the story or is it significant?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)