|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estes answer when Lindsay asks if she can promise Weiscz anything?
2. What does Lindsay's father say when she tells him that her mother had always said he was a pathological liar?
3. What does Jacobi tell Lindsay when he calls her from the Blue Parrot?
4. What was Lindsay's father's pet name for her when she was seven?
5. Who comes into the police station with Mercer in chapter thirty-six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
2. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
3. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
4. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
5. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
6. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
7. Describe the memorial service that is held for Tasha Catchings.
8. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
9. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
10. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Did you feel that the author spent a lot of time explaining what happened in the book that the prequel to 2nd Chance? Explain.
2) Do you feel that more or less information was needed about past events? Why?
3) Did reading this book make you interested in reading other books in this series? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)