|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie tell Lindsay that they did find at Davidson's murder scene?
2. What was Lindsay doing when she heard the news about Mercer?
3. What does Mercer's wife say the doctor had found in Mercer's pocket?
4. What does Lindsay say that she has?
5. What does the killer do in his 911 call to the police that gets Davidson to the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
2. How does officer Davidson die?
3. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
4. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
5. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
6. What happens in chapter fifty when Lindsay has left the bar?
7. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
8. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
9. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
10. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What is the importance of Hope Street that is first seen in the story?
2) Why is this place not visited again in the story?
3) Speculate on what it is that Lindsay got from being at Hope Street.
Essay Topic 2
1) Did 2nd Chance have a limited or omniscient point of view? Explain.
2) Do you feel that limited or omniscient point of view is better for a work of fiction such as 2nd Chance? Explain.
3) Could this story have been written in the other point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to choose one of the jobs of the four women belonging to the murder club, which one would you choose and why? Lawyer, ME, Police officer, or Newspaper reporter.
2) Speculate on the reasons that Weiscz was willing to tell Lindsay anything when she went to talk to him in the prison system.
3) Could there have been something different put on the window of the church? If so what?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)