|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cindy read about where the name Chimera comes up?
2. What does Cindy say that Aaron Winslow reminds her of?
3. What does Evans say when Lindsay asks how they can get in touch with a particular member of Evans old gang, Mac, to talk?
4. What is Lindsay told when she arrives at the scene in chapter thirty-two?
5. What is Lindsay told that Weiscz did to get sent to Pelican Bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
2. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
3. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
4. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
5. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
6. Describe the murder of Mercer.
7. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
8. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
9. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
10. What happens in chapter fifty when Lindsay has left the bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to choose one of the jobs of the four women belonging to the murder club, which one would you choose and why? Lawyer, ME, Police officer, or Newspaper reporter.
2) Speculate on the reasons that Weiscz was willing to tell Lindsay anything when she went to talk to him in the prison system.
3) Could there have been something different put on the window of the church? If so what?
Essay Topic 2
1) Did you feel that the author spent a lot of time explaining what happened in the book that the prequel to 2nd Chance? Explain.
2) Do you feel that more or less information was needed about past events? Why?
3) Did reading this book make you interested in reading other books in this series? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) What did it reveal to the reader when it was seen that Rusty was picking out who to 'immortalize' while in the tower?
2) Would you have written the stand off scene at the end of the story differently? Why or why not?
3) What was your reaction when you saw that it was the bells that allowed Lindsay to get her shot in when Rusty had been hoping that the bells would play at his funeral?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)