|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cindy say that she used to name Lindsay in her article in chapter twenty-six?
2. What does Weiscz say when Lindsay tells him that she gave him something, even if it was only for a moment?
3. What does Richard Evans NOT have on him when Jacobi brought him in?
4. What is called in that gets Davidson and his partner to the building in chapter thirty-one?
5. What does Lindsay say when she is asked why she is there at Davidson's murder scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
2. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
3. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
4. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
5. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
6. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
7. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
8. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
9. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
10. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Did 2nd Chance have a limited or omniscient point of view? Explain.
2) Do you feel that limited or omniscient point of view is better for a work of fiction such as 2nd Chance? Explain.
3) Could this story have been written in the other point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Lindsay's character in the story.
2) In what ways is Lindsay a typical cop? In what ways is she atypical?
3) Would you describe Lindsay as a flawed character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) When Weiscz told Lindsay that it sounded like an inside job was it something that caught your attention before she focused on? Why or why not?
2) Who did you first suspect of being Chimera before Frank Coombs was looked at? Explain.
3) Was it clear what Frank meant when he told Lindsay that there was going to be one more surprise? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)