|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindsay's father's pet name for her when she was seven?
2. What does Claire say that she had to promise the other M.E. in order to calm him down in chapter twenty-nine?
3. What does Claire suggest that Lindsay do for her father in chapter fifty-five?
4. What does Lindsay's father say when she tells him that her mother had always said he was a pathological liar?
5. What does Lindsay say that she has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the memorial service that is held for Tasha Catchings.
2. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
3. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
4. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
5. Describe the murder of Mercer.
6. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
7. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
8. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
9. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
10. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What did it reveal to the reader when it was seen that Rusty was picking out who to 'immortalize' while in the tower?
2) Would you have written the stand off scene at the end of the story differently? Why or why not?
3) What was your reaction when you saw that it was the bells that allowed Lindsay to get her shot in when Rusty had been hoping that the bells would play at his funeral?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Lindsay's character in the story.
2) In what ways is Lindsay a typical cop? In what ways is she atypical?
3) Would you describe Lindsay as a flawed character? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)