|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is called in that gets Davidson and his partner to the building in chapter thirty-one?
2. What does Cindy tell Aaron Winslow that she enjoys doing after work sometimes?
3. What does Cindy explain gave the skin under Estelle Chipman's nails the appearance of being something other than Caucasian?
4. Why does Evans first say that he will not talk to Lindsay in chapter thirty-seven?
5. What does Lindsay say the killer used to sign the killing of Davidson in chapter thirty-five?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
2. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
3. What happens in chapter fifty when Lindsay has left the bar?
4. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
5. Describe the memorial service that is held for Tasha Catchings.
6. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
7. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
8. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
9. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
10. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What is the importance of Hope Street that is first seen in the story?
2) Why is this place not visited again in the story?
3) Speculate on what it is that Lindsay got from being at Hope Street.
Essay Topic 2
1) Compare the four women that make up the murder club.
2) Speculate on why these women work so well together in regards to coming up with answers.
3) Do you feel that the women are in competition with one another? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) What did it reveal to the reader when it was seen that Rusty was picking out who to 'immortalize' while in the tower?
2) Would you have written the stand off scene at the end of the story differently? Why or why not?
3) What was your reaction when you saw that it was the bells that allowed Lindsay to get her shot in when Rusty had been hoping that the bells would play at his funeral?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)