|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard Evans NOT have on him when Jacobi brought him in?
2. What does Cappy do to Evans in chapter thirty-seven while asking him questions?
3. What had Frank Coombs been sent to prison for?
4. What does Lindsay say she thinks is fueling the murders in chapter thirty-six?
5. What does Cindy tell Lindsy the hero used to have that killed the Chimera?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
2. Describe the murder of Mercer.
3. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
4. What happens in chapter fifty when Lindsay has left the bar?
5. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
6. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
7. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
8. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
9. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
10. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What did Tasha Catchings represent in the story?
2) Why was her murder what the story opened with?
3) Why was it significant that the window with Tasha in it was the last thing seen in the story or is it significant?
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you believe that the new police chief new that Lindsay was withholding something after he explained about the ninth bullet that was found in Frank Coombs? Why or why not?
2) Compare the relationship that Lindsay has with the new police chief as apposed to the relationship that she had with Mercer.
3) How has Lindsay changed over the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)