|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the killer tell Mercer in chapter forty-three before shooting him?
2. What does the killer do in his 911 call to the police that gets Davidson to the building?
3. What does Weiscz tell Lindsay he wants when she is talking to him?
4. What is Lindsay told when she arrives at the scene in chapter thirty-two?
5. Where does Mercer take Lindsay in chapter forty-two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
2. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
3. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
4. Describe the murder of Mercer.
5. Describe Lindsay's meeting with Weiscz.
6. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
7. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
8. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
9. What happens in chapter fifty when Lindsay has left the bar?
10. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What did it reveal to the reader when it was seen that Rusty was picking out who to 'immortalize' while in the tower?
2) Would you have written the stand off scene at the end of the story differently? Why or why not?
3) What was your reaction when you saw that it was the bells that allowed Lindsay to get her shot in when Rusty had been hoping that the bells would play at his funeral?
Essay Topic 2
1) When Weiscz told Lindsay that it sounded like an inside job was it something that caught your attention before she focused on? Why or why not?
2) Who did you first suspect of being Chimera before Frank Coombs was looked at? Explain.
3) Was it clear what Frank meant when he told Lindsay that there was going to be one more surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Does it seem accurate when Lindsay explains that Jill is not in a partnership with her husband but in competition with him?
2) Speculate on how a marriage would get to that point.
3) Do you believe that all of the women in the book would have the same tendencies? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)