|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay's father say when she asks if he still bets?
2. What does Cindy tell Aaron Winslow that she enjoys doing after work sometimes?
3. What does Cindy say that she used to name Lindsay in her article in chapter twenty-six?
4. What does Weiscz say when Lindsay tells him she is investigating four murders?
5. What does Cindy say that Aaron Winslow reminds her of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindsay's meeting with Weiscz.
2. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
3. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
4. Describe the murder of Mercer.
5. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
6. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
7. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
8. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
9. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
10. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you think that the story could have been told from another character's point of view rather than Lindsay? If so which one and why?
2) If you were going to write a follow up story to 2nd Chance which character would be the main focus?
3) What effect did it have that the author put Lindsay's point of view in first person but used third person with the other characters? Could first or third have been used for all the characters? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare the four women that make up the murder club.
2) Speculate on why these women work so well together in regards to coming up with answers.
3) Do you feel that the women are in competition with one another? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)