|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sign at Pelican Bay explain as you go in?
2. What does Charlie tell Lindsay that they did find at Davidson's murder scene?
3. During Tasha's funeral what does Aaron Winslow say that the world does in the face of its worst possible dead in chapter twenty-seven?
4. What does Stu first suggest that they do with the photograph that Lindsay gives him in the beginning of chapter twenty-six?
5. What does Lindsay's father say when she tells him that her mother had always said he was a pathological liar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
2. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
3. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
4. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
5. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
6. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
7. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
8. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
9. Describe the murder of Mercer.
10. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you think that the story could have been told from another character's point of view rather than Lindsay? If so which one and why?
2) If you were going to write a follow up story to 2nd Chance which character would be the main focus?
3) What effect did it have that the author put Lindsay's point of view in first person but used third person with the other characters? Could first or third have been used for all the characters? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Does it seem accurate when Lindsay explains that Jill is not in a partnership with her husband but in competition with him?
2) Speculate on how a marriage would get to that point.
3) Do you believe that all of the women in the book would have the same tendencies? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Do you believe that the new police chief new that Lindsay was withholding something after he explained about the ninth bullet that was found in Frank Coombs? Why or why not?
2) Compare the relationship that Lindsay has with the new police chief as apposed to the relationship that she had with Mercer.
3) How has Lindsay changed over the course of the story?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)