|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is called in that gets Davidson and his partner to the building in chapter thirty-one?
2. What does Cindy tell Lindsy the hero used to have that killed the Chimera?
3. Why does Evans first say that he will not talk to Lindsay in chapter thirty-seven?
4. What does Lindsay's father say when she asks if he still bets?
5. What does Cindy explain gave the skin under Estelle Chipman's nails the appearance of being something other than Caucasian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
2. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
3. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
4. Describe Lindsay's meeting with Weiscz.
5. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
6. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
7. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
8. Describe the murder of Mercer.
9. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
10. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you think that the story could have been told from another character's point of view rather than Lindsay? If so which one and why?
2) If you were going to write a follow up story to 2nd Chance which character would be the main focus?
3) What effect did it have that the author put Lindsay's point of view in first person but used third person with the other characters? Could first or third have been used for all the characters? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) What is the importance of Hope Street that is first seen in the story?
2) Why is this place not visited again in the story?
3) Speculate on what it is that Lindsay got from being at Hope Street.
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)