|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the police station with Mercer in chapter thirty-six?
2. What does Claire say she thinks is possible after her examination of Mercer's body.
3. What does Estes say that Nortenos used to stabe another inmate in the neck?
4. What does Lindsay say when she is asked why she is there at Davidson's murder scene?
5. What does Claire say that she had to promise the other M.E. in order to calm him down in chapter twenty-nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
2. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
3. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to see Mercer's wife?
4. Describe the call that the killer made to 911 that lured Davidson in to be killed.
5. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
6. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
7. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
8. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
9. Describe the murder of Mercer.
10. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare the four women that make up the murder club.
2) Speculate on why these women work so well together in regards to coming up with answers.
3) Do you feel that the women are in competition with one another? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Did you feel that the author spent a lot of time explaining what happened in the book that the prequel to 2nd Chance? Explain.
2) Do you feel that more or less information was needed about past events? Why?
3) Did reading this book make you interested in reading other books in this series? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to choose one of the jobs of the four women belonging to the murder club, which one would you choose and why? Lawyer, ME, Police officer, or Newspaper reporter.
2) Speculate on the reasons that Weiscz was willing to tell Lindsay anything when she went to talk to him in the prison system.
3) Could there have been something different put on the window of the church? If so what?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)