|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay say she thinks is fueling the murders in chapter thirty-six?
2. What is the wild party that Davidson was going to as he describes it in chapter thirty-one?
3. What does Weiscz say when Lindsay tells him that she gave him something, even if it was only for a moment?
4. What does Cindy read about where the name Chimera comes up?
5. What was Lindsay's father's pet name for her when she was seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
2. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
3. Describe the memorial service that is held for Tasha Catchings.
4. What happens in chapter fifty when Lindsay has left the bar?
5. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
6. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
7. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
8. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
9. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
10. Describe the scene where Claire is attacked.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What is the importance of Hope Street that is first seen in the story?
2) Why is this place not visited again in the story?
3) Speculate on what it is that Lindsay got from being at Hope Street.
Essay Topic 3
1) Do you believe that the new police chief new that Lindsay was withholding something after he explained about the ninth bullet that was found in Frank Coombs? Why or why not?
2) Compare the relationship that Lindsay has with the new police chief as apposed to the relationship that she had with Mercer.
3) How has Lindsay changed over the course of the story?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)