|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lindsay's dad buy the bottle of wine?
2. What does Cindy say about Aaron Winslow in chapter twenty-eight while talking to Lindsay?
3. What does Mercer buy while at Kim's shop in chapter forty-three?
4. What does Chimera bet the old man at the bar about the killer in chapter sixty-six?
5. Who comes into the police station with Mercer in chapter thirty-six?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does officer Davidson die?
2. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
3. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Winslow have in chapter thirty-nine.
4. Describe Lindsay's meeting with Weiscz.
5. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
6. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
7. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
8. Describe the meeting that Lindsay and the FBI have in chapter fifty-four.
9. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
10. What do Mercer and Lindsay discuss in chapter forty-two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) When Weiscz told Lindsay that it sounded like an inside job was it something that caught your attention before she focused on? Why or why not?
2) Who did you first suspect of being Chimera before Frank Coombs was looked at? Explain.
3) Was it clear what Frank meant when he told Lindsay that there was going to be one more surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) How important are the roles of males and females as they are seen in 2nd Chance?
2) Do you feel that the author's portrayal of how men and women are viewed in relation to their capabilities and roles is accurate? Why or why not?
3) Do you think that the author has a firm grasp on women's behavior even though he is male? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)