|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to Lindsay's mother?
2. What is Lindsay's instincts telling her to do in chapter twenty-four?
3. What does Lindsay say that the killer would have to have been to set up the shots that killed Tasha?
4. What does the sign say above the building that the killer goes into in chapter twenty-five?
5. What does Angela use as a weapon when they try to take her baby in chapter one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Cindy and Lindsay discuss when they meet for drinks in chapter seven?
2. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
3. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
4. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
5. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
6. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
7. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
8. What happens in chapter one while Lindsay is playing cards at Hope Street?
9. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
10. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare Frank Coombs to Rusty Coombs.
2) Speculate on the relationship that Frank and Rusty had. How is it possible that Rusty's mother didn't realize the truth of her son?
3) In regards to Rusty Coombs do you think it is more a question of nature or nurture that could be viewed as the basis for his views and actions? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What role does Lindsay's father play in the story for Lindsay?
2) What is significant about her father showing up when he did?
3) Do you believe that she will see her father again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)