|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Jill confided in the girls that she had done in high school and college?
2. What had happened to Lindsay's mother?
3. What does Lindsay find at Estelle Chipman's crime scene in chapter thirteen?
4. What does Cindy tell Lindsay in chapter seven when she says that Mercer is telling the world that Lindsay is going to solve the case before it happens again?
5. What does the little boy say he saw in chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
2. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
3. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
4. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
5. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
6. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
7. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
8. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
9. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
10. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you think that the story could have been told from another character's point of view rather than Lindsay? If so which one and why?
2) If you were going to write a follow up story to 2nd Chance which character would be the main focus?
3) What effect did it have that the author put Lindsay's point of view in first person but used third person with the other characters? Could first or third have been used for all the characters? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Was Mercer's death in the story necessary?
2) What do you believe Mercer was going to tell Lindsay?
3) Do you think that Mercer knew that the events surrounding Lindsay's father leaving were connected to Chimera?
Essay Topic 3
1) What role does Lindsay's father play in the story for Lindsay?
2) What is significant about her father showing up when he did?
3) Do you believe that she will see her father again? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)