|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angela use as a weapon when they try to take her baby in chapter one?
2. What does the hat have embroidered on it that Chris gave to Lindsay?
3. What does the killer fasten onto his gun in chapter twenty-five?
4. What had happened that caused Lindsay to go to Hope Streeet?
5. What does Claire say about Teitleman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
2. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
3. What is Lindsay told when she asks if anyone saw anything in chapter four?
4. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
5. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
6. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
7. What do Cindy and Lindsay discuss when they meet for drinks in chapter seven?
8. What happens in chapter one while Lindsay is playing cards at Hope Street?
9. What file does Lindsay take note of in chapter twenty-four while going through the files that have been given her in relation to the hate crimes?
10. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Does it seem accurate when Lindsay explains that Jill is not in a partnership with her husband but in competition with him?
2) Speculate on how a marriage would get to that point.
3) Do you believe that all of the women in the book would have the same tendencies? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) What did it reveal to the reader when it was seen that Rusty was picking out who to 'immortalize' while in the tower?
2) Would you have written the stand off scene at the end of the story differently? Why or why not?
3) What was your reaction when you saw that it was the bells that allowed Lindsay to get her shot in when Rusty had been hoping that the bells would play at his funeral?
Essay Topic 3
1) When Weiscz told Lindsay that it sounded like an inside job was it something that caught your attention before she focused on? Why or why not?
2) Who did you first suspect of being Chimera before Frank Coombs was looked at? Explain.
3) Was it clear what Frank meant when he told Lindsay that there was going to be one more surprise? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)