|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lindsay have the urge to touch Tasha's face when she is in the morgue looking at the body in chapter eleven?
2. What file does Lindsay ask Simone to pull for the next day in chapter twenty-four?
3. What does Lindsay tell Cindy that she would like to do just once when they meet in chapter seven?
4. What does Lindsay say when Claire tells her to send over Estelle's autopsy file?
5. What did the killer take a picture of that he is adding to his book in chapter eighteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
2. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
3. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
4. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
5. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
6. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
7. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
8. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
9. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
10. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) How important are the roles of males and females as they are seen in 2nd Chance?
2) Do you feel that the author's portrayal of how men and women are viewed in relation to their capabilities and roles is accurate? Why or why not?
3) Do you think that the author has a firm grasp on women's behavior even though he is male? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Was Mercer's death in the story necessary?
2) What do you believe Mercer was going to tell Lindsay?
3) Do you think that Mercer knew that the events surrounding Lindsay's father leaving were connected to Chimera?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)