|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay say to tell Mercer in chapter twelve when someone says that he is looking for her?
2. What does Jacobi answer when Lindsay asks if anyone saw the gunman in chapter two?
3. What file catches Lindsay's eye in chapter twenty-four?
4. What news does Jill have to share in chapter sixteen?
5. What does Cindy say she has come to the church for in chapter twenty-two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
2. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
3. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
4. What file does Lindsay take note of in chapter twenty-four while going through the files that have been given her in relation to the hate crimes?
5. What happens in chapter sixteen when Jill tells her exciting news?
6. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
7. What do Cindy and Lindsay discuss when they meet for drinks in chapter seven?
8. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
9. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
10. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What did it reveal to the reader when it was seen that Rusty was picking out who to 'immortalize' while in the tower?
2) Would you have written the stand off scene at the end of the story differently? Why or why not?
3) What was your reaction when you saw that it was the bells that allowed Lindsay to get her shot in when Rusty had been hoping that the bells would play at his funeral?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare Frank Coombs to Rusty Coombs.
2) Speculate on the relationship that Frank and Rusty had. How is it possible that Rusty's mother didn't realize the truth of her son?
3) In regards to Rusty Coombs do you think it is more a question of nature or nurture that could be viewed as the basis for his views and actions? Explain.
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)