|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gunman have in his pocket in chapter eight while at the arcade?
2. What does the killer say everyone will know his name is by the next day in chapter twenty-five?
3. What does Mercer say he wants to be sure doesn't happen when talking with Lindsay in chapter six?
4. What does Lindsay tell Claire about when she asks what precisely she would be looking for?
5. What does Lindsay think that Aaron Winslow looks like when she sees him in chapter three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
2. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
3. What happens in chapter one while Lindsay is playing cards at Hope Street?
4. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
5. What file does Lindsay take note of in chapter twenty-four while going through the files that have been given her in relation to the hate crimes?
6. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
7. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
8. What happens in chapter sixteen when Jill tells her exciting news?
9. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
10. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare Frank Coombs to Rusty Coombs.
2) Speculate on the relationship that Frank and Rusty had. How is it possible that Rusty's mother didn't realize the truth of her son?
3) In regards to Rusty Coombs do you think it is more a question of nature or nurture that could be viewed as the basis for his views and actions? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Was Mercer's death in the story necessary?
2) What do you believe Mercer was going to tell Lindsay?
3) Do you think that Mercer knew that the events surrounding Lindsay's father leaving were connected to Chimera?
Essay Topic 3
1) What was the main plot of the story?
2) What were three of the top subplots in the story? How did they affect the main plot?
3) What was the climax of the main plot?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)