|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter twenty-two when Cindy is recalling her interview with Aaron Winslow what was it about Winslow that had impressed her?
2. What does Lindsay find at Estelle Chipman's crime scene in chapter thirteen?
3. What does the boy say the decal looked like that he saw?
4. What does the hat have embroidered on it that Chris gave to Lindsay?
5. Why did the security cameras not pick up anything at Estelle Chipman's crime scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lindsay told when she asks if anyone saw anything in chapter four?
2. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
3. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
4. Describe the photos that the killer has in chapter eighteen.
5. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
6. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
7. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
8. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
9. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
10. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the main plot of the story?
2) What were three of the top subplots in the story? How did they affect the main plot?
3) What was the climax of the main plot?
Essay Topic 2
1) How important are the roles of males and females as they are seen in 2nd Chance?
2) Do you feel that the author's portrayal of how men and women are viewed in relation to their capabilities and roles is accurate? Why or why not?
3) Do you think that the author has a firm grasp on women's behavior even though he is male? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Did 2nd Chance have a limited or omniscient point of view? Explain.
2) Do you feel that limited or omniscient point of view is better for a work of fiction such as 2nd Chance? Explain.
3) Could this story have been written in the other point of view? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)