|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cindy tell Lindsay in chapter seven when she says that Mercer is telling the world that Lindsay is going to solve the case before it happens again?
2. What does Cindy say she has come to the church for in chapter twenty-two?
3. What does the hat have embroidered on it that Chris gave to Lindsay?
4. What happened to Lindsay's father?
5. What is the woman wearing when she answers the door in chapter twenty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the photos that the killer has in chapter eighteen.
2. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
3. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
4. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
5. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
6. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
7. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
8. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
9. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
10. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What was the main plot of the story?
2) What were three of the top subplots in the story? How did they affect the main plot?
3) What was the climax of the main plot?
Essay Topic 3
1) Did you feel that the author spent a lot of time explaining what happened in the book that the prequel to 2nd Chance? Explain.
2) Do you feel that more or less information was needed about past events? Why?
3) Did reading this book make you interested in reading other books in this series? Explain.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)