|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angela use as a weapon when they try to take her baby in chapter one?
2. What does Claire say about Teitleman?
3. What does Mercer say he wants to be sure doesn't happen when talking with Lindsay in chapter six?
4. What does Lindsay tell Cindy that she would like to do just once when they meet in chapter seven?
5. What does Lindsay think that Aaron Winslow looks like when she sees him in chapter three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
2. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
3. What is Lindsay told when she asks if anyone saw anything in chapter four?
4. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
5. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
6. What happens in chapter one while Lindsay is playing cards at Hope Street?
7. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
8. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
9. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
10. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to choose one of the jobs of the four women belonging to the murder club, which one would you choose and why? Lawyer, ME, Police officer, or Newspaper reporter.
2) Speculate on the reasons that Weiscz was willing to tell Lindsay anything when she went to talk to him in the prison system.
3) Could there have been something different put on the window of the church? If so what?
Essay Topic 2
1) What was the main plot of the story?
2) What were three of the top subplots in the story? How did they affect the main plot?
3) What was the climax of the main plot?
Essay Topic 3
1) Did 2nd Chance have a limited or omniscient point of view? Explain.
2) Do you feel that limited or omniscient point of view is better for a work of fiction such as 2nd Chance? Explain.
3) Could this story have been written in the other point of view? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)