|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mercer say he wants to be sure doesn't happen when talking with Lindsay in chapter six?
2. What does Lindsay tell the girls in chapter fifteen when they ask if the murders are hate crimes?
3. What had Jill confided in the girls that she had done in high school and college?
4. What does Claire say about Teitleman?
5. What does Lindsay say when Claire tells her to send over Estelle's autopsy file?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the photos that the killer has in chapter eighteen.
2. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
3. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
4. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
5. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
6. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
7. What happens in chapter one while Lindsay is playing cards at Hope Street?
8. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
9. What is Lindsay told when she asks if anyone saw anything in chapter four?
10. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Does it seem accurate when Lindsay explains that Jill is not in a partnership with her husband but in competition with him?
2) Speculate on how a marriage would get to that point.
3) Do you believe that all of the women in the book would have the same tendencies? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you believe that the new police chief new that Lindsay was withholding something after he explained about the ninth bullet that was found in Frank Coombs? Why or why not?
2) Compare the relationship that Lindsay has with the new police chief as apposed to the relationship that she had with Mercer.
3) How has Lindsay changed over the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
1) What did Tasha Catchings represent in the story?
2) Why was her murder what the story opened with?
3) Why was it significant that the window with Tasha in it was the last thing seen in the story or is it significant?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)