|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the killer fasten onto his gun in chapter twenty-five?
2. What is found during the autopsy of the elderly black woman that leads Cindy to believe the woman did not commit suicide?
3. In chapter twenty-one what does Jacobi say that they have learned about the killer?
4. What does Jacobi find in the woods behind the church?
5. What does the gunman have in his pocket in chapter eight while at the arcade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
2. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
3. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
4. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
5. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
6. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
7. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
8. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
9. What do Cindy and Lindsay discuss when they meet for drinks in chapter seven?
10. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the main plot of the story?
2) What were three of the top subplots in the story? How did they affect the main plot?
3) What was the climax of the main plot?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to choose one of the jobs of the four women belonging to the murder club, which one would you choose and why? Lawyer, ME, Police officer, or Newspaper reporter.
2) Speculate on the reasons that Weiscz was willing to tell Lindsay anything when she went to talk to him in the prison system.
3) Could there have been something different put on the window of the church? If so what?
Essay Topic 3
1) Does it seem accurate when Lindsay explains that Jill is not in a partnership with her husband but in competition with him?
2) Speculate on how a marriage would get to that point.
3) Do you believe that all of the women in the book would have the same tendencies? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)