|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay see in the pictures that she is looking at in chapter twenty-four?
2. What is the killer in the shadow of when he positions on the roof top in chapter twenty-five?
3. What does Lindsay tell Claire about when she asks what precisely she would be looking for?
4. What strikes Lindsay as odd in the end of chapter two after surveying the crime scene?
5. What is Lindsay thinking she needs to go home and do in chapter twenty-four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in chapter one while Lindsay is playing cards at Hope Street?
2. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
3. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
4. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
5. What file does Lindsay take note of in chapter twenty-four while going through the files that have been given her in relation to the hate crimes?
6. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
7. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
8. Describe the photos that the killer has in chapter eighteen.
9. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
10. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What did Tasha Catchings represent in the story?
2) Why was her murder what the story opened with?
3) Why was it significant that the window with Tasha in it was the last thing seen in the story or is it significant?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare Frank Coombs to Rusty Coombs.
2) Speculate on the relationship that Frank and Rusty had. How is it possible that Rusty's mother didn't realize the truth of her son?
3) In regards to Rusty Coombs do you think it is more a question of nature or nurture that could be viewed as the basis for his views and actions? Explain.
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)