|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mercer tell Lindsay that she left behind when she became a Lieutenant?
2. What did the killer take a picture of that he is adding to his book in chapter eighteen?
3. What is the killer in the shadow of when he positions on the roof top in chapter twenty-five?
4. What does the boy say the decal looked like that he saw?
5. What does Lindsay say to tell Mercer in chapter twelve when someone says that he is looking for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
2. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
3. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
4. What file does Lindsay take note of in chapter twenty-four while going through the files that have been given her in relation to the hate crimes?
5. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
6. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
7. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
8. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
9. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
10. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What role does Lindsay's father play in the story for Lindsay?
2) What is significant about her father showing up when he did?
3) Do you believe that she will see her father again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Does it seem accurate when Lindsay explains that Jill is not in a partnership with her husband but in competition with him?
2) Speculate on how a marriage would get to that point.
3) Do you believe that all of the women in the book would have the same tendencies? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Do you think that the story could have been told from another character's point of view rather than Lindsay? If so which one and why?
2) If you were going to write a follow up story to 2nd Chance which character would be the main focus?
3) What effect did it have that the author put Lindsay's point of view in first person but used third person with the other characters? Could first or third have been used for all the characters? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)