|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the M.E. tell Lindsay when she says it is amazing that one of the bullets found its way into Tasha when there had been so many fired at the church?
2. What does Mercer say he wants to be sure doesn't happen when talking with Lindsay in chapter six?
3. What does Mercer say he believes to be the motivation for the shooting that occurred?
4. What does Lindsay see in the pictures that she is looking at in chapter twenty-four?
5. What does Mercer tell Lindsay that she left behind when she became a Lieutenant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
2. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
3. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
4. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
5. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
6. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
7. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
8. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
9. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
10. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Does it seem accurate when Lindsay explains that Jill is not in a partnership with her husband but in competition with him?
2) Speculate on how a marriage would get to that point.
3) Do you believe that all of the women in the book would have the same tendencies? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Did you feel that the author spent a lot of time explaining what happened in the book that the prequel to 2nd Chance? Explain.
2) Do you feel that more or less information was needed about past events? Why?
3) Did reading this book make you interested in reading other books in this series? Explain.
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)