|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lindsay have the urge to touch Tasha's face when she is in the morgue looking at the body in chapter eleven?
2. What does the gunman have in his pocket in chapter eight while at the arcade?
3. What does Cindy say she has come to the church for in chapter twenty-two?
4. What is Lindsay told about Estelle Chipman's case when she talks to one of the cops on the case in chapter twelve?
5. What had Jill confided in the girls that she had done in high school and college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What file does Lindsay take note of in chapter twenty-four while going through the files that have been given her in relation to the hate crimes?
2. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
3. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
4. What is Lindsay told when she asks if anyone saw anything in chapter four?
5. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
6. What happens in chapter one while Lindsay is playing cards at Hope Street?
7. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
8. What happens in chapter sixteen when Jill tells her exciting news?
9. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
10. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Compare the four women that make up the murder club.
2) Speculate on why these women work so well together in regards to coming up with answers.
3) Do you feel that the women are in competition with one another? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Do you think that the story could have been told from another character's point of view rather than Lindsay? If so which one and why?
2) If you were going to write a follow up story to 2nd Chance which character would be the main focus?
3) What effect did it have that the author put Lindsay's point of view in first person but used third person with the other characters? Could first or third have been used for all the characters? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)