|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the killer say everyone will know his name is by the next day in chapter twenty-five?
2. What news does Lorraine give Lindsay in chapter nineteen?
3. What is the woman wearing when she answers the door in chapter twenty?
4. What does Jacobi answer when Lindsay asks if anyone saw the gunman in chapter two?
5. What news does Jill have to share in chapter sixteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
2. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
3. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
4. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
5. What happens in chapter one while Lindsay is playing cards at Hope Street?
6. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
7. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
8. What file does Lindsay take note of in chapter twenty-four while going through the files that have been given her in relation to the hate crimes?
9. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
10. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Was Mercer's death in the story necessary?
2) What do you believe Mercer was going to tell Lindsay?
3) Do you think that Mercer knew that the events surrounding Lindsay's father leaving were connected to Chimera?
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you think that the story could have been told from another character's point of view rather than Lindsay? If so which one and why?
2) If you were going to write a follow up story to 2nd Chance which character would be the main focus?
3) What effect did it have that the author put Lindsay's point of view in first person but used third person with the other characters? Could first or third have been used for all the characters? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) What role does Lindsay's father play in the story for Lindsay?
2) What is significant about her father showing up when he did?
3) Do you believe that she will see her father again? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)