|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man say that he does for a living that owns in the house in chapter twenty?
2. What is Lindsay's instincts telling her to do in chapter twenty-four?
3. How does Aaron Winslow explain that he knew what kind of gun it was and how many rounds it held?
4. What does the killer notice when he enters the lobby of the building?
5. What did the killer take a picture of that he is adding to his book in chapter eighteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
2. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
3. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
4. What do Cindy and Lindsay discuss when they meet for drinks in chapter seven?
5. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
6. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
7. Describe the photos that the killer has in chapter eighteen.
8. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
9. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
10. What happens in chapter sixteen when Jill tells her exciting news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to choose one of the jobs of the four women belonging to the murder club, which one would you choose and why? Lawyer, ME, Police officer, or Newspaper reporter.
2) Speculate on the reasons that Weiscz was willing to tell Lindsay anything when she went to talk to him in the prison system.
3) Could there have been something different put on the window of the church? If so what?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) Do you think the story would qualify more as a thriller or as a drama? Why?
2) In chapter sixty-six Chimera is talking to the old man at the bar and Chimera tells him that the killer probably has green eyes. Do you think this was Rusty or Frank at the bar and why?
3) What do you think is the main theme of the story? Explain.
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)