|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the photos does the killer focus on in chapter eighteen?
2. What does Jacobi ask Lindsay after seeing the police artist drawing of the decal that the boy had seen?
3. What does the gunman have in his pocket in chapter eight while at the arcade?
4. What does the killer fasten onto his gun in chapter twenty-five?
5. In chapter twenty-two when Cindy is recalling her interview with Aaron Winslow what was it about Winslow that had impressed her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
2. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
3. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
4. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
5. What is Lindsay told when she asks if anyone saw anything in chapter four?
6. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
7. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
8. What happens in chapter one while Lindsay is playing cards at Hope Street?
9. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
10. Describe the photos that the killer has in chapter eighteen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Was Mercer's death in the story necessary?
2) What do you believe Mercer was going to tell Lindsay?
3) Do you think that Mercer knew that the events surrounding Lindsay's father leaving were connected to Chimera?
Essay Topic 2
1) Does it seem accurate when Lindsay explains that Jill is not in a partnership with her husband but in competition with him?
2) Speculate on how a marriage would get to that point.
3) Do you believe that all of the women in the book would have the same tendencies? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to choose one of the jobs of the four women belonging to the murder club, which one would you choose and why? Lawyer, ME, Police officer, or Newspaper reporter.
2) Speculate on the reasons that Weiscz was willing to tell Lindsay anything when she went to talk to him in the prison system.
3) Could there have been something different put on the window of the church? If so what?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)