|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Jill confided in the girls that she had done in high school and college?
2. What does the man say that he does for a living that owns in the house in chapter twenty?
3. What does Jacobi find in the woods behind the church?
4. What does the little boy say he saw in chapter four?
5. What does someone yell as Lindsay gets close to the crime scene in chapter two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What file does Lindsay take note of in chapter twenty-four while going through the files that have been given her in relation to the hate crimes?
2. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
3. What happens in chapter sixteen when Jill tells her exciting news?
4. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
5. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
6. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
7. Describe the photos that the killer has in chapter eighteen.
8. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
9. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
10. Describe the scene at the arcade in chapter eight.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the main plot of the story?
2) What were three of the top subplots in the story? How did they affect the main plot?
3) What was the climax of the main plot?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) What is the importance of Hope Street that is first seen in the story?
2) Why is this place not visited again in the story?
3) Speculate on what it is that Lindsay got from being at Hope Street.
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)