|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lindsay thinking she needs to go home and do in chapter twenty-four?
2. What does Lindsay say that the killer would have to have been to set up the shots that killed Tasha?
3. What news does Jill have to share in chapter sixteen?
4. In chapter eight why has the gunman chosen the arcade he is in?
5. What file does Lindsay ask Simone to pull for the next day in chapter twenty-four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
2. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
3. What does Lindsay learn when she goes to look at the case file for Estelle Chipman?
4. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
5. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
6. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
7. What do Cindy and Lindsay discuss when they meet for drinks in chapter seven?
8. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
9. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
10. What happens when Lindsay is told they found the van?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) How important are the roles of males and females as they are seen in 2nd Chance?
2) Do you feel that the author's portrayal of how men and women are viewed in relation to their capabilities and roles is accurate? Why or why not?
3) Do you think that the author has a firm grasp on women's behavior even though he is male? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) What did it reveal to the reader when it was seen that Rusty was picking out who to 'immortalize' while in the tower?
2) Would you have written the stand off scene at the end of the story differently? Why or why not?
3) What was your reaction when you saw that it was the bells that allowed Lindsay to get her shot in when Rusty had been hoping that the bells would play at his funeral?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why did the killer choose to go after Claire before going after Lindsay or Cindy?
2) Why did the killer ask Claire if she had anything in common with the other victims?
3) Do you believe it was Frank or Rusty making the decisions as to who would be the next victims? Explain.
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)