|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hat have embroidered on it that Chris gave to Lindsay?
2. What did the killer take a picture of that he is adding to his book in chapter eighteen?
3. In chapter twenty-one what does Jacobi say that they have learned about the killer?
4. What is Lindsay told about Estelle Chipman's case when she talks to one of the cops on the case in chapter twelve?
5. What does Lindsay tell the girls in chapter fifteen when they ask if the murders are hate crimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
2. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
3. What file does Lindsay take note of in chapter twenty-four while going through the files that have been given her in relation to the hate crimes?
4. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
5. What is the killer doing in chapter twenty-five?
6. What does Lindsay find at the building where Estelle Chipman was murdered?
7. Describe the photos that the killer has in chapter eighteen.
8. What is Lindsay's initial assessment of the crime scene in chapter two?
9. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
10. What do Cindy and Lindsay discuss when they meet for drinks in chapter seven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to choose one of the jobs of the four women belonging to the murder club, which one would you choose and why? Lawyer, ME, Police officer, or Newspaper reporter.
2) Speculate on the reasons that Weiscz was willing to tell Lindsay anything when she went to talk to him in the prison system.
3) Could there have been something different put on the window of the church? If so what?
Essay Topic 2
1) Does it seem accurate when Lindsay explains that Jill is not in a partnership with her husband but in competition with him?
2) Speculate on how a marriage would get to that point.
3) Do you believe that all of the women in the book would have the same tendencies? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) What is the importance of Hope Street that is first seen in the story?
2) Why is this place not visited again in the story?
3) Speculate on what it is that Lindsay got from being at Hope Street.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)