|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aaron Winslow explain that he knew what kind of gun it was and how many rounds it held?
2. In chapter twenty-one what does Jacobi say that they have learned about the killer?
3. What does the M.E. tell Lindsay when she says it is amazing that one of the bullets found its way into Tasha when there had been so many fired at the church?
4. What does Ron tell Lindsay that they learned that Estelle's husband did for a living before he died?
5. What does Lindsay say that the killer would have to have been to set up the shots that killed Tasha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Lindsay meets the girls at the bar.
2. Describe the photos that the killer has in chapter eighteen.
3. What happens in chapter sixteen when Jill tells her exciting news?
4. What does Lindsay explain about her parents?
5. Describe the conversation that Claire and Lindsay have in chapter twenty-three.
6. What does Ron call Lindsay to tell her they found out about Estelle Chipman in chapter twenty-one?
7. What does Lindsay discover when she goes to the morgue to talk to Claire in chapter eleven?
8. Describe the conversation that Cindy and Aaron Winslow have in chapter twenty-two.
9. Describe the scene in the prologue when the shooting starts.
10. What is Aaron Winslow able to tell Lindsay when she talks to him in chapter three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you believe that the new police chief new that Lindsay was withholding something after he explained about the ninth bullet that was found in Frank Coombs? Why or why not?
2) Compare the relationship that Lindsay has with the new police chief as apposed to the relationship that she had with Mercer.
3) How has Lindsay changed over the course of the story?
Essay Topic 2
1) What did it reveal to the reader when it was seen that Rusty was picking out who to 'immortalize' while in the tower?
2) Would you have written the stand off scene at the end of the story differently? Why or why not?
3) What was your reaction when you saw that it was the bells that allowed Lindsay to get her shot in when Rusty had been hoping that the bells would play at his funeral?
Essay Topic 3
1) How important are the roles of males and females as they are seen in 2nd Chance?
2) Do you feel that the author's portrayal of how men and women are viewed in relation to their capabilities and roles is accurate? Why or why not?
3) Do you think that the author has a firm grasp on women's behavior even though he is male? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)