|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the killer say on the 911 tape before he hangs up?
(a) I think there are kids in there.
(b) Someone's about to get hurt.
(c) I'm not trying to be a hero, just want to do the right thing.
(d) You'd better hurry, before it's too late.
2. What does Lindsay's father say is the connection that Coombs had with Mercer?
(a) Mercer was Coombs' lawyer.
(b) Mercer was Coombs' partner.
(c) Mercer was Coombs' lieutenant.
(d) Mercer testified against Coombs.
3. What does Aaron Winslow say that Tasha wanted to be when she grew up at her funeral service?
(a) A policeman, like her uncle.
(b) An architect.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A teacher.
4. Where does Mercer take Lindsay in chapter forty-two?
(a) To meet his mother and father.
(b) To the house he grew up in.
(c) To tell her he was resigning.
(d) To talk to an informant.
5. What does Cindy say that she used to name Lindsay in her article in chapter twenty-six?
(a) Source Close to the Investigation.
(b) Annonymous Witness.
(c) Unnamed Contact.
(d) Unnknown Source.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay's father say when she asks if he still bets?
2. What does Evans tell Lindsay about the club when she lays down pictures in chapter thirty-eight?
3. Why does Evans first say that he will not talk to Lindsay in chapter thirty-seven?
4. What does the killer do in his 911 call to the police that gets Davidson to the building?
5. What does Chimera bet the old man at the bar about the killer in chapter sixty-six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lindsay and her father discuss when he first arrives at her home?
2. Describe the scene when Lindsay first meets with the warden of Pelican Bay, Estes.
3. What does Lindsay learn about Frank Coombs?
4. After thinking about what Weiscz told Lindsay what does she do?
5. What happens when Lindsay interrogates Evans in chapter thirty?
6. What does Claire tell Lindsay she found in her examination of the skin from under Estelle Chipman's fingernails in chapter twenty-nine?
7. What changes occur after the death of Mercer?
8. What does Cindy find on Chimera in chapter fifty-six?
9. What happens when Cindy's date arrives in chapter forty-nine?
10. Describe the memorial service that is held for Tasha Catchings.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)