|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindsay's father say is the connection that Coombs had with Mercer?
(a) Mercer was Coombs' partner.
(b) Mercer testified against Coombs.
(c) Mercer was Coombs' lieutenant.
(d) Mercer was Coombs' lawyer.
2. What does Lindsay say that she has?
(a) A nosy mother.
(b) Some bunny slippers.
(c) A cat.
(d) A Border collie.
3. What is Lindsay told that Weiscz did to get sent to Pelican Bay?
(a) Killed ten fellow inmates.
(b) Killed a black prison guard.
(c) Took a classroom hostage and killed the non-white children.
(d) Blew up a Grey Hound bus.
4. What does Cindy say that she used to name Lindsay in her article in chapter twenty-six?
(a) Unnamed Contact.
(b) Unnknown Source.
(c) Source Close to the Investigation.
(d) Annonymous Witness.
5. What does Mercer buy while at Kim's shop in chapter forty-three?
6. What do Cindy and Aaron Winslow find that they have in common?
(a) They both have pets.
(b) They both come from large families.
(c) They both like jazz.
(d) They are both divorced.
7. What does Aaron Winslow say that Tasha wanted to be when she grew up at her funeral service?
(a) An architect.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A policeman, like her uncle.
(d) A veterinarian.
8. What does Weiscz tell Lindsay he wants when she is talking to him?
(a) To get his hair cut.
(b) To see the sunshine for just a moment.
(c) To see his face in the mirror.
(d) To have a pizza.
9. What does Cindy tell Aaron Winslow that she enjoys doing after work sometimes?
10. What does Lindsay call Cindy when they meet in chapter fifty-seven?
(a) Deep Throat.
(b) Frank Calabrese.
(c) Heidi fleiss
(d) Stool Pigeon.
11. What does Cindy explain gave the skin under Estelle Chipman's nails the appearance of being something other than Caucasian?
(a) Spray tan.
(b) A special kind of camouflage paint used by the army.
(c) Spray paint.
(d) Tattoo ink.
12. What does Richard Evans NOT have on him when Jacobi brought him in?
(b) Palm-sized Beretta.
(c) Five-inch hunter's blade.
13. What had Frank Coombs been sent to prison for?
(a) Attempted murder.
(b) Choking and killing a black kid from the projects.
(c) Planning a mass killing spree.
(d) Killing a black teen that had been shoplifting.
14. Where does Mercer take Lindsay in chapter forty-two?
(a) To the house he grew up in.
(b) To meet his mother and father.
(c) To tell her he was resigning.
(d) To talk to an informant.
15. What does the sign at Pelican Bay explain as you go in?
(a) That there is no one allowed inside without protection.
(b) That there are dogs loose on the premises.
(c) That you are on your own if you are taken hostage.
(d) That the guards do not carry guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindsay doing when she heard the news about Mercer?
2. What does Lindsay NOT say that the Templars have been implicated in?
3. During Tasha's funeral what does Aaron Winslow say that the world does in the face of its worst possible dead in chapter twenty-seven?
4. What does Weiscz say when Lindsay tells him that she gave him something, even if it was only for a moment?
5. What does Cappy do to Evans in chapter thirty-seven while asking him questions?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)