|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindsay's father say is the connection that Coombs had with Mercer?
(a) Mercer was Coombs' lieutenant.
(b) Mercer testified against Coombs.
(c) Mercer was Coombs' partner.
(d) Mercer was Coombs' lawyer.
2. What does Cindy say that Aaron Winslow reminds her of?
(a) James Earl Jones.
(b) Will Smith.
(c) Denzel Washington.
(d) Morgan Freeman.
3. What does Lindsay NOT say that the Templars have been implicated in?
(a) Weapons traffic.
(b) Aggravated violence.
(d) Murder for hire.
4. What does Cappy do to Evans in chapter thirty-seven while asking him questions?
(a) 'Accidentally' hits him in the head with a note book.
(b) Knocks his chair out from under him.
(c) Spits on his face.
(d) Slams an unopened coke can down on his hand.
5. What is called in that gets Davidson and his partner to the building in chapter thirty-one?
(a) Child endangerment situation.
(b) Officer in the need of assistance.
(c) A domestic disturbance.
(d) A robbery in progress.
6. What does Mercer tell Lindsay in chapter forty-two that she hadn't known about Mercer?
(a) He had worked with her father.
(b) He had dated her mother.
(c) He is getting divorced.
(d) He has been given a notice that he is going to be fired.
7. What do Cindy and Aaron Winslow find that they have in common?
(a) They both have pets.
(b) They both like jazz.
(c) They are both divorced.
(d) They both come from large families.
8. What does Cindy read about where the name Chimera comes up?
(a) A local gang that was erradicated by the police.
(b) A killing in up state New York.
(c) Life in Pelican Bay prison.
(d) The name given to a group of assassins.
9. What does Lindsay's father say when she tells him that her mother had always said he was a pathological liar?
(a) That lying was never one of his sins.
(b) That it is true.
(c) That it has been said of him in the past.
(d) He has changed.
10. What does the man on the phone asks Claire in chapter sixty-seven?
(a) If she has missed him.
(b) If she wants to scream out for God or her husband before she dies.
(c) If she has anything in common with the first four victims.
(d) If she remembers his voice.
11. What does Weiscz say when Lindsay tells him that she gave him something, even if it was only for a moment?
(a) You got your money's worth.
(b) Life ain't always fair.
(c) Don't be sure you didn't get something in return.
(d) I'll say a little prayer for you.
12. What does Jacobi tell Lindsay when he calls her from the Blue Parrot?
(a) They have seen two different people wearing the symbol Lindsay is looking for.
(b) The guys they are looking for left months ago.
(c) The Blue Parrot shut down months ago.
(d) There were pictures of Tasha's uncle and Estelle's husband on the wall in the Blue Parrot.
13. What does Richard Evans NOT have on him when Jacobi brought him in?
(b) Palm-sized Beretta.
(d) Five-inch hunter's blade.
14. What does Lindsay say the killer used to sign the killing of Davidson in chapter thirty-five?
(a) She isn't sure yet.
(b) The equipment left behind.
(c) The shot itself.
(d) The 911 call.
15. What does the killer tell Mercer in chapter forty-three before shooting him?
(a) I wanted you to suffer. I wanted you to know how I suffered.
(b) I wanted you to know your wife and children will die screaming, just like you.
(c) I wanted to hear you beg, to scream, to know there was nothing you could do.
(d) I wanted you to see my face. I wanted you to know why you were dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cindy say that she used to name Lindsay in her article in chapter twenty-six?
2. What does Cindy tell Aaron Winslow that she enjoys doing after work sometimes?
3. What does Mercer's wife say the doctor had found in Mercer's pocket?
4. What does Cindy tell Lindsy the hero used to have that killed the Chimera?
5. What does Cindy explain gave the skin under Estelle Chipman's nails the appearance of being something other than Caucasian?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)