|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercer tell Lindsay in chapter forty-two that she hadn't known about Mercer?
(a) He had worked with her father.
(b) He had dated her mother.
(c) He has been given a notice that he is going to be fired.
(d) He is getting divorced.
2. What does Cindy say that Aaron Winslow reminds her of?
(a) Will Smith.
(b) Morgan Freeman.
(c) Denzel Washington.
(d) James Earl Jones.
3. What does Weiscz say when Lindsay tells him that she gave him something, even if it was only for a moment?
(a) Life ain't always fair.
(b) You got your money's worth.
(c) Don't be sure you didn't get something in return.
(d) I'll say a little prayer for you.
4. What does Cindy tell Aaron Winslow that she enjoys doing after work sometimes?
5. What does the doctor say when Lindsay asks if Mercer said anything before he died?
(a) He only asked for his wife and kids.
(b) It was incoherent.
(c) He was DOA.
(d) It was random items.
6. What does Claire suggest that Lindsay do for her father in chapter fifty-five?
(a) Go with him to visit her mother's grave.
(b) Take him to a ball game.
(c) Invite him to stay at her place.
(d) Cook him a meal.
7. What does Evans tell Lindsay about the club when she lays down pictures in chapter thirty-eight?
(a) They got taken over by another gang.
(b) They have changed their name.
(c) They were picked up by the FBI.
(d) Club disbanded.
8. What was Lindsay's father's pet name for her when she was seven?
(d) Princess Butternut.
9. What does Weiscz say when Lindsay tells him she is investigating four murders?
(a) He hasn't read the news papers lately.
(b) It is a hard and scary world out there.
(c) His alibi is air tight.
(d) He doesn't worry himself about such things.
10. What is Lindsay told that Weiscz did to get sent to Pelican Bay?
(a) Killed ten fellow inmates.
(b) Took a classroom hostage and killed the non-white children.
(c) Killed a black prison guard.
(d) Blew up a Grey Hound bus.
11. When did Lindsay's dad buy the bottle of wine?
(a) A year after Lindsay was born.
(b) As soon as he found out he was going to have a baby.
(c) When he was first made a policeman.
(d) When he got married.
12. Where does Mercer take Lindsay in chapter forty-two?
(a) To tell her he was resigning.
(b) To talk to an informant.
(c) To meet his mother and father.
(d) To the house he grew up in.
13. Who comes into the police station with Mercer in chapter thirty-six?
(a) The wife of Davidson.
(b) Tha mayor.
(c) The governor.
(d) Aaron Winslow.
14. What does Cindy say about Aaron Winslow in chapter twenty-eight while talking to Lindsay?
(a) He isn't going to be able to hold the town together.
(b) She could share a foxhole with him.
(c) She understands why the people like him so much.
(d) He was like a breath of fresh air in a stale town.
15. What does Lorraine tell Lindsay in chapter thirty-six?
(a) They have another eye witness to bring in.
(b) There was some information found at Davidson's murder scene.
(c) The killer is on the line.
(d) They found one of the bikers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay NOT say that the Templars have been implicated in?
2. What does Lindsay notice when she is driving home in chapter fifty?
3. What is the wild party that Davidson was going to as he describes it in chapter thirty-one?
4. What does Claire say she thinks is possible after her examination of Mercer's body.
5. What does Weiscz tell Lindsay he wants when she is talking to him?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)