|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Estes answer when Lindsay asks if she can promise Weiscz anything?
(a) A pony.
(b) A Happy Meal.
(c) To sit on Santa's lap.
(d) To be able to kill as many black people as he would like.
2. What does Lindsay's father say when she asks if he still bets?
(a) From time to time.
(b) Only in his mind.
(c) When funds allow it.
(d) Only on the Giants.
3. What does Estes say that Nortenos used to stabe another inmate in the neck?
(a) A polished piece of rock.
(b) A hair comb.
(c) A tooth brush.
(d) A gardening hoe.
4. What does Richard Evans NOT have on him when Jacobi brought him in?
(c) Five-inch hunter's blade.
(d) Palm-sized Beretta.
5. What does the doctor say when Lindsay asks if Mercer said anything before he died?
(a) It was random items.
(b) He only asked for his wife and kids.
(c) He was DOA.
(d) It was incoherent.
6. What does Claire say that she had to promise the other M.E. in order to calm him down in chapter twenty-nine?
(a) A date.
(b) Her invitation to the governor's ball.
(c) Floor seats to the next Laker's game.
(d) Parterre box seats to the symphony.
7. What does Aaron Winslow say that Tasha wanted to be when she grew up at her funeral service?
(a) An architect.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A policeman, like her uncle.
(d) A veterinarian.
8. What does Lorraine tell Lindsay in chapter thirty-six?
(a) They found one of the bikers.
(b) They have another eye witness to bring in.
(c) There was some information found at Davidson's murder scene.
(d) The killer is on the line.
9. What had Frank Coombs been sent to prison for?
(a) Killing a black teen that had been shoplifting.
(b) Attempted murder.
(c) Choking and killing a black kid from the projects.
(d) Planning a mass killing spree.
10. Where does Mercer take Lindsay in chapter forty-two?
(a) To the house he grew up in.
(b) To talk to an informant.
(c) To meet his mother and father.
(d) To tell her he was resigning.
11. What does Charlie tell Lindsay that they did find at Davidson's murder scene?
(a) A piece of chewing gum.
(b) A pair of glasses.
12. What does Claire say she thinks is possible after her examination of Mercer's body.
(a) She thinks the shot to the head was the first shot.
(b) She thinks that Mercer had been poisoned before being shot.
(c) She thinks the killer was trying to kill Mercer slowly.
(d) She thinks Mercer died after the first shot.
13. What does Mercer tell Lindsay in chapter forty-two that she hadn't known about Mercer?
(a) He has been given a notice that he is going to be fired.
(b) He had worked with her father.
(c) He is getting divorced.
(d) He had dated her mother.
14. What does Jacobi tell Lindsay when he calls her from the Blue Parrot?
(a) There were pictures of Tasha's uncle and Estelle's husband on the wall in the Blue Parrot.
(b) The Blue Parrot shut down months ago.
(c) The guys they are looking for left months ago.
(d) They have seen two different people wearing the symbol Lindsay is looking for.
15. What does Evans say when Lindsay asks how they can get in touch with a particular member of Evans old gang, Mac, to talk?
(a) Mac was blown up.
(b) Mac is in a wheel chair.
(c) No one has seen him in months.
(d) Mac is in San Quentin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stu first suggest that they do with the photograph that Lindsay gives him in the beginning of chapter twenty-six?
2. What does Evans tell Lindsay about the club when she lays down pictures in chapter thirty-eight?
3. What does Cindy tell Lindsy the hero used to have that killed the Chimera?
4. What is the wild party that Davidson was going to as he describes it in chapter thirty-one?
5. What is called in that gets Davidson and his partner to the building in chapter thirty-one?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)