|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire say that she had to promise the other M.E. in order to calm him down in chapter twenty-nine?
(a) Her invitation to the governor's ball.
(b) A date.
(c) Parterre box seats to the symphony.
(d) Floor seats to the next Laker's game.
2. What do Cindy and Aaron Winslow find that they have in common?
(a) They both come from large families.
(b) They both have pets.
(c) They both like jazz.
(d) They are both divorced.
3. What does Cindy say she has learned about the killer in chapter twenty-nine?
(a) The killer has mites living under the skin.
(b) The killer is Asian.
(c) The killer has a skin pigment condition.
(d) The killer is white.
4. What had Frank Coombs been sent to prison for?
(a) Planning a mass killing spree.
(b) Choking and killing a black kid from the projects.
(c) Killing a black teen that had been shoplifting.
(d) Attempted murder.
5. What does Cindy say that she used to name Lindsay in her article in chapter twenty-six?
(a) Source Close to the Investigation.
(b) Annonymous Witness.
(c) Unnamed Contact.
(d) Unnknown Source.
6. What was Lindsay doing when she heard the news about Mercer?
(a) Getting ready to go out for the evening.
(b) Cooking pasta.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Just coming back from a walk with Martha.
7. Why does Evans first say that he will not talk to Lindsay in chapter thirty-seven?
(a) He wasn't read his rights.
(b) She has no jurisdiction in Vallejo.
(c) He doesn't know what they are talking about.
(d) He doesn't have a lawyer present.
8. Who does Lindsay take down with her gun pointed at them in chapter fifty-one?
(c) Aaron Winslow.
(d) Her father.
9. What does Claire say she thinks is possible after her examination of Mercer's body.
(a) She thinks the shot to the head was the first shot.
(b) She thinks Mercer died after the first shot.
(c) She thinks the killer was trying to kill Mercer slowly.
(d) She thinks that Mercer had been poisoned before being shot.
10. Where does Mercer take Lindsay in chapter forty-two?
(a) To talk to an informant.
(b) To the house he grew up in.
(c) To tell her he was resigning.
(d) To meet his mother and father.
11. What does the sign at Pelican Bay explain as you go in?
(a) That there is no one allowed inside without protection.
(b) That you are on your own if you are taken hostage.
(c) That there are dogs loose on the premises.
(d) That the guards do not carry guns.
12. What does Lindsay NOT say that the Templars have been implicated in?
(a) Weapons traffic.
(b) Murder for hire.
(d) Aggravated violence.
13. What does Jacobi tell Lindsay when he calls her from the Blue Parrot?
(a) There were pictures of Tasha's uncle and Estelle's husband on the wall in the Blue Parrot.
(b) The guys they are looking for left months ago.
(c) The Blue Parrot shut down months ago.
(d) They have seen two different people wearing the symbol Lindsay is looking for.
14. What does Claire suggest that Lindsay do for her father in chapter fifty-five?
(a) Invite him to stay at her place.
(b) Take him to a ball game.
(c) Cook him a meal.
(d) Go with him to visit her mother's grave.
15. What does Estes say that Nortenos used to stabe another inmate in the neck?
(a) A hair comb.
(b) A tooth brush.
(c) A gardening hoe.
(d) A polished piece of rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lindsay told when she arrives at the scene in chapter thirty-two?
2. What does Lindsay's father say when she asks if he still bets?
3. What does Mercer tell Lindsay in chapter forty-two that she hadn't known about Mercer?
4. Who comes into the police station with Mercer in chapter thirty-six?
5. What does Evans tell Lindsay about the club when she lays down pictures in chapter thirty-eight?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)