|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the city move out in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The sock drawer.
(b) The sewing box.
(c) The spice cabinet.
(d) The medicine cabinet.
3. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To make it safer.
(b) To match it to the street level.
(c) To keep the yard from falling.
(d) To get it up to code.
4. What ethnicity is Tomie's family on his mother's side?
5. Who is Mrs. Crane?
(a) Tomie's best friend's mother.
(b) A news reporter.
(c) A teacher.
(d) The principal.
6. Where does Buddy go during the Disney movie?
(a) The concession stand.
(b) The stage.
(c) The lobby.
(d) The bathroom.
7. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
(a) His school mates.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
8. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
(b) Tree limbs.
(c) Metal beams.
9. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
10. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
(a) His mother placed holy water on it.
(b) It wasn't finished.
(c) He prayed about it.
(d) It wasn't in town.
11. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
12. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
(a) It is silly.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It gets kind of scary.
(d) It doesn't follow the book.
13. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
14. What is Tomie's mother's name?
15. What grade does Tomie start at the beginning of the book?
(b) Second grade.
(d) First grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
2. What is Tomie's last name?
3. What is the name of Tomie's father?
4. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
5. What is the name of the town Tomie lives in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)