|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
2. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
(a) To clean the area.
(b) To pave the streets.
(c) To widen the streets.
(d) To put in telephone poles.
3. What is the name of Tomie's best friend?
4. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) A porch.
(b) A fence.
(c) A deck.
(d) A shed.
5. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
6. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) His class ends.
(b) A storm hits.
(c) His father has a meeting.
(d) His brother gets scared.
7. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To make it safer.
(b) To keep the yard from falling.
(c) To match it to the street level.
(d) To get it up to code.
8. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
(a) A book he read.
(b) A painting he saw.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
9. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(a) Strength training.
(b) Blue prints.
(d) Horse breeding.
10. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
(d) Puerto Rican.
11. What are the things that Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) Dog treats,
12. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
13. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) He says bad words.
(b) He cries.
(c) He jumps for joy.
(d) He throws a party.
14. Why is there a big delay in the building of the house?
(a) They run out of money.
(b) They have other priorities.
(c) The hurricane damages it.
(d) The builder is fired.
15. Who calms Tomie when he gets upset about his first Disney movie?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) The person behind him.
(d) The person in front of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tomie's father promise to complete the house?
2. What has to be put into the backyard?
3. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
4. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
5. Who is Mae West?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)