|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the things that Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) Dog treats,
2. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) He is embarrassed about it.
(b) None of these.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He doesn't care about it.
3. Who is Mrs. Crane?
(a) Tomie's best friend's mother.
(b) The principal.
(c) A news reporter.
(d) A teacher.
4. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Sings songs to them.
(b) Prays over them.
(c) Pinches their cheeks.
(d) Sprinkles holy water on them.
6. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
(a) All of these.
(b) Finish the story.
(c) Read the stories right.
(d) Make a happy ending.
7. What happens to the house when the city moves something out?
(a) It loses value.
(b) It ends up on a hill.
(c) It loses road access.
(d) It gets dirty.
8. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
9. Who calms Tomie when he gets upset about his first Disney movie?
(a) The person in front of him.
(b) His brother.
(c) The person behind him.
(d) His mother.
10. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(b) Strength training.
(c) Horse breeding.
(d) Blue prints.
11. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) His mother's childhood home.
(b) The house Tomie's father is building.
(c) The address of the orphanage.
(d) A dream Tomie had.
12. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
13. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By their last name.
(b) By where they live.
(c) By their first name.
(d) By their places of birth.
14. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The sock drawer.
(b) The spice cabinet.
(c) The medicine cabinet.
(d) The sewing box.
15. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
(a) Read books.
(b) Go to movies.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Take walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
2. Who is Mae West?
3. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
4. How old is Tomie's brother at the beginning of the book?
5. What does the cellar covering create?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)