|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people live with Tomie at the beginning of the book?
2. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The spice cabinet.
(b) The sewing box.
(c) The medicine cabinet.
(d) The sock drawer.
3. What is the name of Tomie's best friend?
4. What ethnicity is Tomie's family on his mother's side?
5. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
6. How do Tomie's parents feel about the city moving something out?
(a) They are patient.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are upset.
7. Who is Mae West?
(a) A painter.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A movie star.
(d) An author.
8. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
9. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
10. How does Tomie know Mr. Papallo?
(a) Tomie shops at his store.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) He works with Tomie's father.
(d) He is a teacher.
11. Why is there a big delay in the building of the house?
(a) The builder is fired.
(b) They run out of money.
(c) They have other priorities.
(d) The hurricane damages it.
12. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
13. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) An apartment.
14. What does Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(b) His family.
(d) His future.
15. Who does Tomie visit every Sunday?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to everyone in town during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
2. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
3. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
4. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
5. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)