|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tomie's parents feel about the city moving something out?
(a) They are patient.
(b) They are upset.
(c) They are relieved.
(d) They are happy.
2. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) He is embarrassed about it.
(b) He is proud of it.
(c) He doesn't care about it.
(d) None of these.
3. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
4. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
(a) Guarding a large stone wall.
(b) Electric lights flooding the area.
(c) His house going into the sky.
(d) A castle on a hill.
5. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) A painting he saw.
(d) A book he read.
6. What is the first Disney movie Tomie sees?
(a) Snow White.
7. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To keep the yard from falling.
(b) To get it up to code.
(c) To make it safer.
(d) To match it to the street level.
8. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) There was nobody killed.
(b) It cause very little damage for how big it was.
(c) They never occur in that area.
(d) It was longer than usual.
9. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
10. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) A storm hits.
(b) His brother gets scared.
(c) His class ends.
(d) His father has a meeting.
11. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To ask permission.
(b) To make a foundation.
(c) To buy the land.
(d) To create plans.
12. What does the city move out in Chapter 4?
13. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) The house Tomie's father is building.
(b) A dream Tomie had.
(c) His mother's childhood home.
(d) The address of the orphanage.
14. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
15. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
(a) Make a happy ending.
(b) Finish the story.
(c) Read the stories right.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
2. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
3. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
4. What does Tomie's mother do for him before bed?
5. When does Tomie's father want to work on the back yard?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)