|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
(a) It is silly.
(b) It doesn't follow the book.
(c) It gets kind of scary.
(d) It is sad.
2. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
3. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To keep the yard from falling.
(b) To get it up to code.
(c) To make it safer.
(d) To match it to the street level.
4. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
(b) Nana Downstairs.
(c) His father.
5. Why was Tomie's first Disney movie not what he expected?
(a) It was colorful.
(b) It was not like the book.
(c) It was scary.
(d) It had music.
6. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) The sock drawer.
(b) The sewing box.
(c) The spice cabinet.
(d) The medicine cabinet.
7. Who is Mae West?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A painter.
(c) The mayor.
(d) An author.
8. What will be built by the city on Fairmount Avenue?
(c) Street lights.
9. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) His father has a meeting.
(b) A storm hits.
(c) His brother gets scared.
(d) His class ends.
10. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) It was longer than usual.
(b) They never occur in that area.
(c) It cause very little damage for how big it was.
(d) There was nobody killed.
11. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
(b) Runs out screaming.
(c) Sings with the music.
(d) Yells at the screen.
12. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
(a) To put in telephone poles.
(b) To widen the streets.
(c) To clean the area.
(d) To pave the streets.
13. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
14. When does Tomie's father promise to complete the house?
(d) New Year's.
15. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
(a) There was a hurricane.
(b) His father died.
(c) He started school.
(d) The war started.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
2. What is Tomie's father building?
3. How old is Tomie's brother at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
5. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)