|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(a) His family.
(c) His future.
2. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) Sings with the music.
(b) Yells at the screen.
(d) Runs out screaming.
3. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
(a) By movies.
(b) By school years.
(c) By the completion of the house.
(d) By holidays.
4. What is Tomie's mother's name?
5. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To get it up to code.
(b) To keep the yard from falling.
(c) To match it to the street level.
(d) To make it safer.
6. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
(a) His mother placed holy water on it.
(b) It wasn't finished.
(c) He prayed about it.
(d) It wasn't in town.
7. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
(a) He sends them pictures.
(b) He writes about them.
(c) He draws them on the wall.
(d) He talks to them about it.
8. Who does Tomie visit every Sunday?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His aunt.
9. What year does this book start out in?
10. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
11. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
(a) He is excited about it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He thinks it is a waste of money.
(d) He is angry about it.
12. Who is Mrs. Crane?
(a) The principal.
(b) A news reporter.
(c) A teacher.
(d) Tomie's best friend's mother.
13. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
(a) The principal gets sick.
(b) There is a holiday.
(c) The storm is coming.
(d) The power goes out.
14. What is Tomie's father building?
(a) A house.
(b) A monument.
(c) A playground.
(d) A farm.
15. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(b) Horse breeding.
(c) Strength training.
(d) Blue prints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carol's last name?
2. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
3. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the city move out in Chapter 4?
5. How many grandfather's does Tomie have?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)