|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
(a) Read the stories right.
(b) All of these.
(c) Finish the story.
(d) Make a happy ending.
2. What happens to everyone in town during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
(a) They are traumatized.
(b) They lose electricity.
(c) They lose property values.
(d) They get property damage.
3. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(a) Blue prints.
(b) Horse breeding.
(c) Strength training.
4. Who calms Tomie when he gets upset about his first Disney movie?
(a) The person behind him.
(b) The person in front of him.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Pinches their cheeks.
(b) Prays over them.
(c) Sings songs to them.
(d) Sprinkles holy water on them.
6. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
7. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To match it to the street level.
(b) To get it up to code.
(c) To keep the yard from falling.
(d) To make it safer.
8. What is the name of Tomie's best friend?
9. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
(a) He started school.
(b) There was a hurricane.
(c) The war started.
(d) His father died.
10. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
(a) By holidays.
(b) By school years.
(c) By the completion of the house.
(d) By movies.
11. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
(a) Take walks.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Go to movies.
(d) Read books.
12. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
(a) None of these.
13. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A house.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A hotel.
14. What is Carol's last name?
15. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) A driveway.
(b) All of these.
(c) A lawn.
(d) A walkway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Nesci's first name?
2. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
3. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
4. Why does Buddy go somewhere during the Disney movie?
5. Why is there a big delay in the building of the house?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)