|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carol's last name?
2. How many people live with Tomie at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) She says bad words.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She cries.
(d) She throws a party.
4. What will be built by the city on Fairmount Avenue?
(b) Street lights.
5. What is the name of Tomie's father?
6. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
(a) Metal beams.
(c) Tree limbs.
7. Why can't Tomie see his room when the walls are finished?
(a) The plaster is not dry.
(b) There are no windows.
(c) It is too dark.
(d) There are no stairs.
8. Who calms Tomie when he gets upset about his first Disney movie?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) The person behind him.
(d) The person in front of him.
9. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A house.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A hotel.
(d) An apartment.
10. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
(a) Guarding a large stone wall.
(b) A castle on a hill.
(c) His house going into the sky.
(d) Electric lights flooding the area.
11. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) A shed.
(b) A deck.
(c) A porch.
(d) A fence.
12. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
13. Where does Buddy go during the Disney movie?
(a) The lobby.
(b) The concession stand.
(c) The stage.
(d) The bathroom.
14. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
(a) Make a happy ending.
(b) All of these.
(c) Finish the story.
(d) Read the stories right.
15. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
2. Why was Tomie's first Disney movie not what he expected?
3. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
4. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)