Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
(a) Electric lights flooding the area.
(b) His house going into the sky.
(c) A castle on a hill.
(d) Guarding a large stone wall.
2. What does the cellar covering create?
(a) Sturdy walking space.
(b) The foundation.
(d) The house floor.
3. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
4. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
(a) Read books.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Go to movies.
(d) Take walks.
5. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) The spice cabinet.
(b) The sock drawer.
(c) The medicine cabinet.
(d) The sewing box.
6. What is Tomie supposed to call all his grandmothers?
7. What is the first Disney movie Tomie sees?
(b) Snow White.
8. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is amazed.
9. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
10. What is Tomie's mother's name?
11. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
12. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
(a) By movies.
(b) By holidays.
(c) By school years.
(d) By the completion of the house.
13. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His brother.
14. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His school mates.
15. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
2. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
3. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
4. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of Tomie's father?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)