|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) Runs out screaming.
(b) Yells at the screen.
(c) Sings with the music.
2. Where does Buddy go during the Disney movie?
(a) The lobby.
(b) The stage.
(c) The concession stand.
(d) The bathroom.
3. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The medicine cabinet.
(b) The sewing box.
(c) The sock drawer.
(d) The spice cabinet.
4. Who is Mrs. Crane?
(a) Tomie's best friend's mother.
(b) A news reporter.
(c) A teacher.
(d) The principal.
5. How does Tomie know Mr. Papallo?
(a) Tomie shops at his store.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He works with Tomie's father.
6. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
(a) None of these.
7. What does Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(a) His future.
(d) His family.
8. What is Mr. Nesci's first name?
9. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
10. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
11. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) He cries.
(b) He jumps for joy.
(c) He throws a party.
(d) He says bad words.
12. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
(b) Puerto Rican.
13. What is the name of the town Tomie lives in at the beginning of the book?
14. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
(a) The Neighborhood park.
(b) The Red Door Theater.
(c) The shool cafeteria.
(d) The Capital Theater.
15. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) A fence.
(b) A porch.
(c) A deck.
(d) A shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the city move out in Chapter 4?
2. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
3. When does Tomie's father promise to complete the house?
4. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
5. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)