|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His uncle.
2. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
3. What ethnicity is Tomie's family on his mother's side?
4. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) His mother's lullaby is like the music in the movie.
(b) Someone says something mean to him.
(c) He gets scared.
(d) It does not follow the book.
5. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
(a) Shirley Temple.
(b) Vivian Leigh.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Evelyn Buche.
6. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Wizard of Oz.
(b) A book he read.
(c) Gone with the Wind.
(d) A painting he saw.
7. Why was Tomie's first Disney movie not what he expected?
(a) It had music.
(b) It was colorful.
(c) It was not like the book.
(d) It was scary.
8. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) He jumps for joy.
(b) He says bad words.
(c) He throws a party.
(d) He cries.
9. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) A shed.
(b) A fence.
(c) A porch.
(d) A deck.
10. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
(c) None of these.
11. What year does this book start out in?
12. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An artist.
(d) A singer.
13. What is Mr. Nesci's first name?
14. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) The spice cabinet.
(b) The sewing box.
(c) The sock drawer.
(d) The medicine cabinet.
15. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
(a) His school mates.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
4. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
5. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)