|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) Yells at the screen.
(b) Sings with the music.
(d) Runs out screaming.
2. What season does the house sit unfinished through?
3. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
(a) He writes about them.
(b) He draws them on the wall.
(c) He sends them pictures.
(d) He talks to them about it.
4. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The sewing box.
(b) The medicine cabinet.
(c) The spice cabinet.
(d) The sock drawer.
5. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
6. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
(b) Nana Downstairs.
(d) His father.
7. What does Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(b) His future.
(d) His family.
8. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) None of these.
(b) He doesn't care about it.
(c) He is embarrassed about it.
(d) He is proud of it.
9. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
(a) Metal beams.
(d) Tree limbs.
10. When does Tomie's father promise to complete the house?
(d) New Year's.
11. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
12. What year does this book start out in?
13. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
14. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
(a) To widen the streets.
(b) To pave the streets.
(c) To put in telephone poles.
(d) To clean the area.
15. What ethnicity is Tomie's family on his mother's side?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mae West?
2. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
3. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the cellar covering create?
5. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)