Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) The sock drawer.
(b) The medicine cabinet.
(c) The spice cabinet.
(d) The sewing box.
2. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
3. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
(a) The shool cafeteria.
(b) The Red Door Theater.
(c) The Capital Theater.
(d) The Neighborhood park.
4. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) He doesn't care about it.
(b) None of these.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He is embarrassed about it.
5. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
6. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
(a) It wasn't in town.
(b) His mother placed holy water on it.
(c) It wasn't finished.
(d) He prayed about it.
7. What makes Tomie mad when the walls are finished?
(a) It isn't painted.
(b) He can't go to his room.
(c) His pictures are covered up.
(d) They won't let him help.
8. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To keep the yard from falling.
(b) To get it up to code.
(c) To make it safer.
(d) To match it to the street level.
9. Who is Mae West?
(a) A movie star.
(b) An author.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A painter.
10. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His grandmother.
11. What year does this book start out in?
12. What does Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(b) His future.
(c) His family.
13. What is Mr. Nesci's first name?
14. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
(a) Guarding a large stone wall.
(b) Electric lights flooding the area.
(c) A castle on a hill.
(d) His house going into the sky.
15. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
(a) It is silly.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It doesn't follow the book.
(d) It gets kind of scary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie say studs are for?
2. What does the cellar covering create?
3. What does the city move out in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
5. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)