|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
(a) Metal beams.
(c) Tree limbs.
2. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By their first name.
(b) By their places of birth.
(c) By their last name.
(d) By where they live.
3. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
4. Who does Tomie visit every Sunday?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His grandmother.
5. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) None of these.
(b) He is embarrassed about it.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He doesn't care about it.
6. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
7. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) Sings with the music.
(b) Yells at the screen.
(d) Runs out screaming.
8. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
9. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
10. What does Tomie's mother do for him before bed?
(a) Tell stories.
(b) All of these.
(c) Say prayers.
(d) Read books.
11. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
12. What is the name of Tomie's father?
13. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
(a) An artist.
(b) A singer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A teacher.
14. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
(a) By school years.
(b) By holidays.
(c) By the completion of the house.
(d) By movies.
15. How do Tomie's parents feel about the city moving something out?
(a) They are upset.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are relieved.
(d) They are patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
2. What is Tomie's father building?
3. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
4. What does Tomie say studs are for?
5. Why can't Tomie see his room when the walls are finished?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)