|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Prays over them.
(b) Pinches their cheeks.
(c) Sings songs to them.
(d) Sprinkles holy water on them.
2. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) A painting he saw.
(c) A book he read.
(d) The Wizard of Oz.
3. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
(a) Shirley Temple.
(b) Evelyn Buche.
(c) Vivian Leigh.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
4. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(b) Blue prints.
(c) Strength training.
(d) Horse breeding.
6. What is the name of Tomie's father?
7. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
(a) By movies.
(b) By the completion of the house.
(c) By school years.
(d) By holidays.
8. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
(a) A castle on a hill.
(b) Guarding a large stone wall.
(c) His house going into the sky.
(d) Electric lights flooding the area.
9. What season does the house sit unfinished through?
10. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
(a) He thinks it is a waste of money.
(b) He is angry about it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He is excited about it.
11. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
(b) His father.
(c) Nana Downstairs.
12. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
13. What year does this book start out in?
14. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
15. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
(a) Read the stories right.
(b) Make a happy ending.
(c) Finish the story.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
2. What is Tomie supposed to call all his grandmothers?
3. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
4. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
5. What will be built by the city on Fairmount Avenue?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)