|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the house when the city moves something out?
(a) It gets dirty.
(b) It loses value.
(c) It loses road access.
(d) It ends up on a hill.
2. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
3. What has to be put into the backyard?
4. Who is Mae West?
(a) An author.
(b) A movie star.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A painter.
5. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
6. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) He cries.
(b) He throws a party.
(c) He says bad words.
(d) He jumps for joy.
7. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
(a) He sends them pictures.
(b) He writes about them.
(c) He talks to them about it.
(d) He draws them on the wall.
8. What is the name of the town Tomie lives in at the beginning of the book?
9. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
(a) Read books.
(b) Take walks.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Go to movies.
10. How does Tomie know Mr. Papallo?
(a) He works with Tomie's father.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) Tomie shops at his store.
(d) He is a teacher.
11. What is Tomie's father building?
(a) A house.
(b) A monument.
(c) A farm.
(d) A playground.
12. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
13. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) It was longer than usual.
(b) They never occur in that area.
(c) There was nobody killed.
(d) It cause very little damage for how big it was.
14. Why is there a big delay in the building of the house?
(a) The hurricane damages it.
(b) They run out of money.
(c) They have other priorities.
(d) The builder is fired.
15. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
(b) His father.
(d) Nana Downstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tomie's first Disney movie not what he expected?
2. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
3. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
4. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
5. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)