|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
(a) None of these.
2. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
(a) To put in telephone poles.
(b) To clean the area.
(c) To widen the streets.
(d) To pave the streets.
3. What does Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(a) His future.
(c) His family.
4. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
(b) Nana Downstairs.
(d) His father.
5. Why is there a big delay in the building of the house?
(a) They run out of money.
(b) The builder is fired.
(c) The hurricane damages it.
(d) They have other priorities.
6. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By where they live.
(b) By their first name.
(c) By their last name.
(d) By their places of birth.
7. What year does this book start out in?
8. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) He doesn't care about it.
(b) He is proud of it.
(c) None of these.
(d) He is embarrassed about it.
9. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A singer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A writer.
(d) An artist.
10. What is the name of the town Tomie lives in at the beginning of the book?
11. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To make a foundation.
(b) To ask permission.
(c) To buy the land.
(d) To create plans.
12. How many grandfather's does Tomie have?
13. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) He jumps for joy.
(b) He says bad words.
(c) He throws a party.
(d) He cries.
14. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
15. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
2. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
3. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
5. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)