|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calms Tomie when he gets upset about his first Disney movie?
(a) His mother.
(b) The person behind him.
(c) His brother.
(d) The person in front of him.
2. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
(a) Nana Downstairs.
(c) His father.
3. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By their last name.
(b) By where they live.
(c) By their first name.
(d) By their places of birth.
4. Who is Mae West?
(a) An author.
(b) A painter.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A movie star.
5. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
6. What will be built by the city on Fairmount Avenue?
(d) Street lights.
7. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
(a) By holidays.
(b) By school years.
(c) By movies.
(d) By the completion of the house.
8. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) A deck.
(b) A shed.
(c) A fence.
(d) A porch.
9. What grade does Tomie start at the beginning of the book?
(a) First grade.
(d) Second grade.
10. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
11. Where does Buddy go during the Disney movie?
(a) The concession stand.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The lobby.
(d) The stage.
12. What is Carol's last name?
13. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
(a) All of these.
(b) Make a happy ending.
(c) Finish the story.
(d) Read the stories right.
14. What does Tomie's mother do for him before bed?
(a) All of these.
(b) Tell stories.
(c) Say prayers.
(d) Read books.
15. When does Tomie's father promise to complete the house?
(a) New Year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
2. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
3. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
4. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
5. What does the city move out in Chapter 4?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)