|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first Disney movie Tomie sees?
(b) Snow White.
2. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
(a) None of these.
3. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) A dream Tomie had.
(b) The address of the orphanage.
(c) His mother's childhood home.
(d) The house Tomie's father is building.
4. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) He doesn't care about it.
(b) He is embarrassed about it.
(c) None of these.
(d) He is proud of it.
5. Why does Buddy go somewhere during the Disney movie?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He gets scared.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He gets bored.
6. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
(a) Nana Downstairs.
(d) His father.
7. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
8. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He thinks it is a waste of money.
(c) He is excited about it.
(d) He is confused by it.
9. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
(a) By movies.
(b) By holidays.
(c) By school years.
(d) By the completion of the house.
10. What has to be put into the backyard?
11. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) To make it safer.
(b) To match it to the street level.
(c) To get it up to code.
(d) To keep the yard from falling.
12. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
13. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
(a) Take walks.
(b) Go to movies.
(c) Read books.
(d) Watch TV.
14. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) Runs out screaming.
(b) Yells at the screen.
(d) Sings with the music.
15. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Shirley Temple.
(c) Vivian Leigh.
(d) Evelyn Buche.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
2. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
3. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
4. What season does the house sit unfinished through?
5. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)