|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
2. What is the first Disney movie Tomie sees?
(c) Snow White.
3. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By where they live.
(b) By their last name.
(c) By their places of birth.
(d) By their first name.
4. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) The spice cabinet.
(b) The sock drawer.
(c) The medicine cabinet.
(d) The sewing box.
5. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
6. How does Tomie know Mr. Papallo?
(a) Tomie shops at his store.
(b) He works with Tomie's father.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) They are neighbors.
7. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
(a) To clean the area.
(b) To put in telephone poles.
(c) To widen the streets.
(d) To pave the streets.
8. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) He jumps for joy.
(b) He cries.
(c) He throws a party.
(d) He says bad words.
9. What does the cellar covering create?
(b) The house floor.
(c) The foundation.
(d) Sturdy walking space.
10. How do Tomie's parents feel about the city moving something out?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They are patient.
(c) They are relieved.
(d) They are upset.
11. What is Tomie's mother's name?
12. When does Tomie's father want to work on the back yard?
(a) The Spring.
(b) The Winter.
(c) The Summer.
(d) The Fall.
13. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
(a) A castle on a hill.
(b) Guarding a large stone wall.
(c) His house going into the sky.
(d) Electric lights flooding the area.
14. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(a) Strength training.
(c) Horse breeding.
(d) Blue prints.
15. What year does this book start out in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tomie mad when the walls are finished?
2. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
3. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
4. What happens to the house when the city moves something out?
5. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)