|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
2. What makes Tomie mad when the walls are finished?
(a) They won't let him help.
(b) He can't go to his room.
(c) His pictures are covered up.
(d) It isn't painted.
3. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His brother.
4. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
(b) Tree limbs.
(c) Metal beams.
5. What grade does Tomie start at the beginning of the book?
(b) First grade.
(c) Second grade.
6. What happens to the house when the city moves something out?
(a) It gets dirty.
(b) It loses road access.
(c) It ends up on a hill.
(d) It loses value.
7. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
8. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) The sewing box.
(b) The spice cabinet.
(c) The medicine cabinet.
(d) The sock drawer.
9. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
10. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
(a) The Neighborhood park.
(b) The Red Door Theater.
(c) The Capital Theater.
(d) The shool cafeteria.
11. Who is Mae West?
(a) An author.
(b) A painter.
(c) A movie star.
(d) The mayor.
12. Who does Tomie visit every Sunday?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
13. Why is there a big delay in the building of the house?
(a) The hurricane damages it.
(b) They run out of money.
(c) The builder is fired.
(d) They have other priorities.
14. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(b) Horse breeding.
(c) Blue prints.
(d) Strength training.
15. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) He throws a party.
(b) He jumps for joy.
(c) He says bad words.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
2. What is Tomie's last name?
3. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
4. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
5. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)