|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
(a) He is excited about it.
(b) He thinks it is a waste of money.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He is angry about it.
2. What does the city move out in Chapter 4?
3. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
(a) To clean the area.
(b) To widen the streets.
(c) To put in telephone poles.
(d) To pave the streets.
4. What does Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(c) His future.
(d) His family.
5. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A house.
6. What is Carol's last name?
7. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
(a) Take walks.
(b) Read books.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Go to movies.
8. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) It does not follow the book.
(b) Someone says something mean to him.
(c) He gets scared.
(d) His mother's lullaby is like the music in the movie.
9. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) His mother's childhood home.
(b) A dream Tomie had.
(c) The address of the orphanage.
(d) The house Tomie's father is building.
10. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
11. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
(a) He talks to them about it.
(b) He sends them pictures.
(c) He writes about them.
(d) He draws them on the wall.
12. How many grandfather's does Tomie have?
13. What has to be put into the backyard?
14. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
15. When does Tomie's father want to work on the back yard?
(a) The Summer.
(b) The Spring.
(c) The Winter.
(d) The Fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
2. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
3. What happens to the house when the city moves something out?
4. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
5. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)