|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
(a) By school years.
(b) By the completion of the house.
(c) By holidays.
(d) By movies.
2. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
3. When does Tomie's father want to work on the back yard?
(a) The Summer.
(b) The Fall.
(c) The Spring.
(d) The Winter.
4. Who is Mae West?
(a) An author.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A painter.
(d) A movie star.
5. What is Tomie's mother's name?
6. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) A porch.
(b) A fence.
(c) A deck.
(d) A shed.
7. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
8. Why was Tomie's first Disney movie not what he expected?
(a) It had music.
(b) It was scary.
(c) It was colorful.
(d) It was not like the book.
9. What season does the house sit unfinished through?
10. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
11. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) It cause very little damage for how big it was.
(b) There was nobody killed.
(c) It was longer than usual.
(d) They never occur in that area.
12. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) The sewing box.
(b) The medicine cabinet.
(c) The spice cabinet.
(d) The sock drawer.
13. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To create plans.
(b) To make a foundation.
(c) To ask permission.
(d) To buy the land.
14. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
(a) Vivian Leigh.
(b) Shirley Temple.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Evelyn Buche.
15. What is Tomie's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live with Tomie at the beginning of the book?
2. What does the title of the book refer to?
3. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
4. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
5. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)