|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie say about his house at the end of the book?
(a) It is the answer to prayers.
(b) It is a sticking place.
(c) It is a dream fulfilled.
(d) It is the beginning to his story.
2. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
(a) A monument.
(b) A fence.
(c) A mailbox.
(d) A stove.
3. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) A horse.
(b) An ox.
(c) A cow.
(d) A donkey.
4. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He is not in his house yet.
(b) He does not have new clothes.
(c) He has to go in the afternoon.
(d) He is not in Carol's class.
5. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A house.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
2. What is Tomie's last name?
3. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
4. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
5. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)