|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) A bag falls on his hand.
(b) Smoke gets in his eyes.
(c) He lifts too many rocks.
(d) He trips over some logs.
2. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To make a foundation.
(b) To ask permission.
(c) To buy the land.
(d) To create plans.
3. What will be built by the city on Fairmount Avenue?
(d) Street lights.
4. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
(a) It wasn't finished.
(b) His mother placed holy water on it.
(c) It wasn't in town.
(d) He prayed about it.
5. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) She throws a party.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She says bad words.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
2. Who is Mrs. Crane?
3. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
4. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
5. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)