|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Tomie see his room when the walls are finished?
(a) There are no stairs.
(b) There are no windows.
(c) It is too dark.
(d) The plaster is not dry.
2. Who is Mae West?
(a) The mayor.
(b) An author.
(c) A painter.
(d) A movie star.
3. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are mowed.
(b) They are stripped.
(c) They are poisoned.
(d) They are burned.
4. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) He cries.
(b) He jumps for joy.
(c) He throws a party.
(d) He says bad words.
5. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A cow.
(c) A horse.
(d) An ox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
2. What does Tomie tell Nell about?
3. What is Uncle Wiggly?
4. What does Tomie say studs are for?
5. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)