|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Sings songs to them.
(b) Prays over them.
(c) Sprinkles holy water on them.
(d) Pinches their cheeks.
2. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An artist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A singer.
3. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
(a) To widen the streets.
(b) To put in telephone poles.
(c) To pave the streets.
(d) To clean the area.
4. What is Tomie supposed to call all his grandmothers?
5. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By where they live.
(b) By their first name.
(c) By their places of birth.
(d) By their last name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
2. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
3. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
4. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
5. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)