|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is amazed.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is scared.
2. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Sings songs to them.
(b) Prays over them.
(c) Pinches their cheeks.
(d) Sprinkles holy water on them.
3. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
4. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
(a) He started school.
(b) The war started.
(c) There was a hurricane.
(d) His father died.
5. Who is Mae West?
(a) A painter.
(b) An author.
(c) A movie star.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
2. What will be built by the city on Fairmount Avenue?
3. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
4. When does Tomie's father promise to complete the house?
5. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)