|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hickey doing when Karen receives Will's message?
2. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
3. After Abby is discovered by Huey after she ran away, where is she taken?
4. What signal does Will give to Abby to let her know that it is him in the plane?
5. Where does Cheryl tell Will to take the ransom money?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the Jennings family is targeted by Hickey. Is this different from the other kidnappings that Hickey has performed in the past? Why is this information about the kidnapping significant regarding Abby's safety?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author's use of the protagonist versus the antagonist throughout the book. In your opinion is there more than one protagonist? Antagonist? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)