|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hickey tells Karen about a ranch he bought where?
2. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
3. What conclusion does Will come up with over and over again as his last resort to help his family?
4. How much money does Will try to give to Cheryl in a last attempt to receive her help?
5. What happens to Huey's car that slows his and Abby's progress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
2. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
3. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
4. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
5. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
6. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
7. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
8. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
9. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
10. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the author's use of the protagonist versus the antagonist throughout the book. In your opinion is there more than one protagonist? Antagonist? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the book Will leaves for the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting, for which he is the keynote speaker. Describe how the topic of Will's keynote speech is foreshadowing for events later in the book involving Cheryl. What exactly does Will's drug do?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the Jennings family is targeted by Hickey. Is this different from the other kidnappings that Hickey has performed in the past? Why is this information about the kidnapping significant regarding Abby's safety?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)