|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, Cheryl tells Will that the cabin is near what town?
2. Huey calls Hickey from the cabin and tells him that he heard what outside?
3. Karen is asked to go to the Coliseum to deal with what problem?
4. What information leads to the eventual FBI knowledge that a kidnapping is actually occurring?
5. When Will finally takes off what does the FBI warn Will about?
Short Essay Questions
1. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
2. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
3. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
4. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
5. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
6. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
7. In Chapter 16, describe how Hickey finds out that the FBI have been contacted.
8. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
9. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
10. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Chery Lynn Tilly and Huey Cotton are connected to Joe Hickey. Also, describe how Hickey influenced Cheryl's past career decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author's use of the protagonist versus the antagonist throughout the book. In your opinion is there more than one protagonist? Antagonist? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)