|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hickey is convinced that who called the FBI?
2. What breakfast food does Hickey force Karen to make after Karen learns the truth about why her family was targeted for the kidnapping?
3. What does Cheryl convince Hickey her and Will are doing when he calls her?
4. Where does Will land the plane once he discovers Abby?
5. Where does Cheryl tell Will to take the ransom money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
2. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
3. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
4. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
6. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
7. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
8. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
9. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
10. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
Essay Topic 3
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)