|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cheryl and Hickey do to the past men in Cheryl's life?
2. Whose car is Cheryl able to recognize while she and Will are flying Will's plane?
3. As Will is rescuing Abby, what does Abby ask him to do?
4. What game does Abby convince Huey to play with her while in the cabin?
5. As Hickey is pulling into the airport, Hickey calls Huey, and Huey reports what information about Abby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
3. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
4. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
6. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
7. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
8. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
9. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
10. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe exactly what happens to the following main characters at the end of the book: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Karen Jennings, Joe Hickey, Huey Cotton, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly. How does the ending leave the reader feeling? What type of emotional response do you personally believe that the author is attempting to get from the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Will Jennings is one of the more dynamic characters in the book. Describe his personality traits and his different roles.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)