|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hickey's scheme, what information does Cheryl confess to Will is different this time from all the other kidnappings?
2. What does Will believe Hickey's ultimate plan is?
3. Will knows that he needs to be more forceful with Cheryl when he receives a message from who warning him of Hickey's revenge?
4. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
5. Dr. McDill identifies a security photo of Cheryl taken from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
2. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
3. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
4. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
5. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
6. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
7. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
8. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
9. In Chapter 16, describe how Hickey finds out that the FBI have been contacted.
10. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the Jennings family is targeted by Hickey. Is this different from the other kidnappings that Hickey has performed in the past? Why is this information about the kidnapping significant regarding Abby's safety?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the tone that the author uses throughout the book. Does the tone differ as the book progresses? Give specific examples from the story, supporting your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the changes and development of Cheryl Lynn Tilly's character throughout the book. Discuss her personality, her past, and how she became essential to Will's plan to rescue Abby.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)