|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the police station, who does Dr. McDill recognize in a photo?
2. As Hickey is pulling into the airport, Hickey calls Huey, and Huey reports what information about Abby?
3. What important information does Karen learn about Hickey's motive for the kidnapping?
4. What information leads to the eventual FBI knowledge that a kidnapping is actually occurring?
5. Who does the FBI look for quietly at Beau Rivage to receive proof that the crime is really happening again?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
2. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
3. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
4. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 13, Will uses force to get information out of Cheryl. Describe how he does this.
6. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
7. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
8. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
9. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
10. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe exactly what happens to the following main characters at the end of the book: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Karen Jennings, Joe Hickey, Huey Cotton, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly. How does the ending leave the reader feeling? What type of emotional response do you personally believe that the author is attempting to get from the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why it took so long for the McDills to contact the FBI about their son's kidnapping. Give specific examples from the story why they were hesitant.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)