|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact shows how little trust Hickey has in his wife?
2. After Huey talks to Hickey, while at the airport Karen knows she must get to Abby to do what?
3. Who does Will take inside the bank with him?
4. Where does Will land the plane once he discovers Abby?
5. What does Cheryl convince Hickey her and Will are doing when he calls her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
2. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
3. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
4. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
5. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
6. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
7. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
8. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
9. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
10. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the Jennings family is targeted by Hickey. Is this different from the other kidnappings that Hickey has performed in the past? Why is this information about the kidnapping significant regarding Abby's safety?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)