|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hickey asks Will if he contacted the FBI, how does Will respond?
2. What signal does Will give to Abby to let her know that it is him in the plane?
3. Instead of shooting Abby, who does Hickey accidentally shoot?
4. What does Will insist on taking with him into the bank?
5. What does Cheryl convince Hickey her and Will are doing when he calls her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
2. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
4. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
5. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
6. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
7. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
8. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
9. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
10. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Joe Hickey's motive behind letting Karen Jennings bring Abby her insulin injections. Explain whether Hickey's actions are done with compassion for Abby and her illness.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Chery Lynn Tilly and Huey Cotton are connected to Joe Hickey. Also, describe how Hickey influenced Cheryl's past career decisions.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)