|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. McDill identifies a security photo of Cheryl taken from where?
2. What information is Will able to discover from the plane's radio while he is trying to locate Abby?
3. After Abby is discovered by Huey after she ran away, where is she taken?
4. As Hickey is pulling into the airport, Hickey calls Huey, and Huey reports what information about Abby?
5. Where does Hickey shoot Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
2. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
3. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
4. In Chapter 16, describe how Hickey finds out that the FBI have been contacted.
5. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
6. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
7. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
8. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
9. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
10. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Will Jennings is one of the more dynamic characters in the book. Describe his personality traits and his different roles.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Chery Lynn Tilly and Huey Cotton are connected to Joe Hickey. Also, describe how Hickey influenced Cheryl's past career decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)