|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will attempt to land the plane, as he tries to rescue his family?
2. Instead of shooting Abby, who does Hickey accidentally shoot?
3. What breakfast food does Hickey force Karen to make after Karen learns the truth about why her family was targeted for the kidnapping?
4. Where does Hickey tell Will to stay after Hickey discovers how the FBI got their information about the kidnapping?
5. How does Will try to communicate his knowledge of Hickey to Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
2. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
3. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
4. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
5. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
6. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
7. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
8. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
9. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
10. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain exactly what Joe Hickey does to each of the mothers of the kidnapped children. Explain how these actions affected both Margaret McDill and Karen Jennings.
Essay Topic 2
Describe exactly what happens to the following main characters at the end of the book: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Karen Jennings, Joe Hickey, Huey Cotton, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly. How does the ending leave the reader feeling? What type of emotional response do you personally believe that the author is attempting to get from the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the changes and development of Cheryl Lynn Tilly's character throughout the book. Discuss her personality, her past, and how she became essential to Will's plan to rescue Abby.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)