|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Hickey and Karen are on the highway what does Hickey become aware of?
2. What signal does Will give to Abby to let her know that it is him in the plane?
3. Instead of shooting Abby, who does Hickey accidentally shoot?
4. Will knows that he needs to be more forceful with Cheryl when he receives a message from who warning him of Hickey's revenge?
5. What does Cheryl offer to Will to help him relax while in the hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
2. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
3. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
4. In Chapter 13, Will uses force to get information out of Cheryl. Describe how he does this.
5. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
6. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
7. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
8. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
9. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
10. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Huey Cotton's character development. How does the reader's opinion change as the book continues? Describe how he able to able to help Abby. Also, explain how Will attempts to help Huey at the end of the book to prove his gratitude.
Essay Topic 2
Explain exactly what Joe Hickey does to each of the mothers of the kidnapped children. Explain how these actions affected both Margaret McDill and Karen Jennings.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Will and Karen Jennings's relationship as it is first depicted in the book as compared to the relationship which Karen and Will seem to have formed by the end of the kidnapping. Support your answer with at least three specific examples from the story.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)