|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hickey tells Karen about a ranch he bought where?
2. Karen is asked to go to the Coliseum to deal with what problem?
3. What question of Karen's does Hickey refuse to answer in Chapter 11 as Karen helps Hickey?
4. What conclusion does Will come up with over and over again as his last resort to help his family?
5. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
2. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
3. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
4. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
5. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
6. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
7. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
8. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
9. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
10. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe exactly what happens to the following main characters at the end of the book: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Karen Jennings, Joe Hickey, Huey Cotton, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly. How does the ending leave the reader feeling? What type of emotional response do you personally believe that the author is attempting to get from the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the author's use of the protagonist versus the antagonist throughout the book. In your opinion is there more than one protagonist? Antagonist? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)