|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hickey tell Will to stay after Hickey discovers how the FBI got their information about the kidnapping?
2. Will knows that he needs to be more forceful with Cheryl when he receives a message from who warning him of Hickey's revenge?
3. Will is disappointed about what event at the bank?
4. How does Will attempt, at first, to get Cheryl to relax as he tries to get information about Hickey's motives?
5. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
2. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
5. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
6. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
7. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
8. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
9. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
10. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the Jennings family is targeted by Hickey. Is this different from the other kidnappings that Hickey has performed in the past? Why is this information about the kidnapping significant regarding Abby's safety?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Joe Hickey's motive behind letting Karen Jennings bring Abby her insulin injections. Explain whether Hickey's actions are done with compassion for Abby and her illness.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)