|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abby is beginning to become ill because she ate what substance that Huey allowed her have?
2. How many of the previous fathers have given in to Cheryl's offer to have sex?
3. What method of locating Huey does Will think is the best once he discovers Abby's likely location?
4. As a last resort, what does Will do to get Cheryl to talk about Hickey's plan?
5. Where does Cheryl tell Will to take the ransom money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
2. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
3. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
4. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
5. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
6. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
7. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
8. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
9. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
10. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the use of technology throughout the book and how it helps the characters throughout the kidnapping. Give at least five different scenarios where modern-day technology is used to find Abby during the kidnapping.
Essay Topic 2
Explain exactly what Joe Hickey does to each of the mothers of the kidnapped children. Explain how these actions affected both Margaret McDill and Karen Jennings.
Essay Topic 3
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)