|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
2. In a last attempt to save Abby, in exchange for Cheryl's help what does Will offer her?
3. What fact shows how little trust Hickey has in his wife?
4. Where does Cheryl tell Will to take the ransom money?
5. Where does Hickey shoot Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
2. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
3. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
4. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
5. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
6. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
7. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
8. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
9. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
10. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tone that the author uses throughout the book. Does the tone differ as the book progresses? Give specific examples from the story, supporting your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Will and Karen Jennings's relationship as it is first depicted in the book as compared to the relationship which Karen and Will seem to have formed by the end of the kidnapping. Support your answer with at least three specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Joe Hickey's motive behind letting Karen Jennings bring Abby her insulin injections. Explain whether Hickey's actions are done with compassion for Abby and her illness.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)