|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Karen call to inform that Abby is in danger no matter what after she learns of Hickey's plans for revenge?
2. As Will is rescuing Abby, what does Abby ask him to do?
3. What conclusion does Will come up with over and over again as his last resort to help his family?
4. What breakfast food does Hickey force Karen to make after Karen learns the truth about why her family was targeted for the kidnapping?
5. How does Will try to communicate his knowledge of Hickey to Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
2. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
3. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
4. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
6. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
7. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
8. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
9. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
10. In Chapter 13, Will uses force to get information out of Cheryl. Describe how he does this.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the use of technology throughout the book and how it helps the characters throughout the kidnapping. Give at least five different scenarios where modern-day technology is used to find Abby during the kidnapping.
Essay Topic 2
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)