|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the trunk of the car that Hickey is driving away from the airport?
2. Will suggests that FBI take what action in order to find Abby?
3. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
4. Dr. McDill identifies a security photo of Cheryl taken from where?
5. Karen, soon after learning about Hickey's plan for revenge, realizes what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, describe how Hickey finds out that the FBI have been contacted.
2. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
3. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 13, Will uses force to get information out of Cheryl. Describe how he does this.
5. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
6. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
7. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
8. What does Will come to realize is different in his daughter's kidnapping versus the other past kidnappings in Chapter 14?
9. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
10. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe exactly what happens to the following main characters at the end of the book: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Karen Jennings, Joe Hickey, Huey Cotton, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly. How does the ending leave the reader feeling? What type of emotional response do you personally believe that the author is attempting to get from the reader?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Joe Hickey's motive behind letting Karen Jennings bring Abby her insulin injections. Explain whether Hickey's actions are done with compassion for Abby and her illness.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)