|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will have to take with him as he leaves the bank?
2. It's learned that Hickey's mother died from what medical condition?
3. In a last attempt to save Abby, in exchange for Cheryl's help what does Will offer her?
4. What breakfast food does Hickey force Karen to make after Karen learns the truth about why her family was targeted for the kidnapping?
5. What game does Abby convince Huey to play with her while in the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
2. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
3. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
4. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
5. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
6. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
7. Explain Will's plan to land the plane, as depicted in Chapter 20.
8. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
9. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
10. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the changes and development of Cheryl Lynn Tilly's character throughout the book. Discuss her personality, her past, and how she became essential to Will's plan to rescue Abby.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)