|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hickey finally reveals what his final plan is, what does it include?
2. Karen is asked to go to the Coliseum to deal with what problem?
3. What did Cheryl and Hickey do to the past men in Cheryl's life?
4. What conclusion does Will come up with over and over again as his last resort to help his family?
5. Where does Hickey tell Will to stay after Hickey discovers how the FBI got their information about the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
2. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
3. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
4. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
5. In Chapter 14, what is Huey depicted as doing for Abby that he is also seen doing in the first chapter?
6. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
7. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
8. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
9. In Chapter 16, describe how Hickey finds out that the FBI have been contacted.
10. In Chapter 13, Will uses force to get information out of Cheryl. Describe how he does this.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tone that the author uses throughout the book. Does the tone differ as the book progresses? Give specific examples from the story, supporting your answers.
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the book Will leaves for the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting, for which he is the keynote speaker. Describe how the topic of Will's keynote speech is foreshadowing for events later in the book involving Cheryl. What exactly does Will's drug do?
Essay Topic 3
Good vs. Evil is a theme depicted throughout the book "24 Hours." Classify the following character as good or evil: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Cheryl Jennings, Huey Cotton, Cheryl Lynn Tilly, and Joe Hickey. Give specific examples from the story for each character's classification.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)