|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
2. Dr. McDill and his wife discuss their kidnapping story with whom?
3. Will is instructed to contact his accountant and state that he needs cash for what?
4. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
2. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
3. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
4. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
5. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
6. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
7. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
8. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
9. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
10. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Joe Hickey's motive behind letting Karen Jennings bring Abby her insulin injections. Explain whether Hickey's actions are done with compassion for Abby and her illness.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Will Jennings is acquainted with the president of the cell phone company, Harley Ferris. Then explain Ferris's role in the book and if he is ever successful in helping Will locate Abby.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)