|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Huey's body does Karen slice open?
2. Who does Karen successfully explain to Stephanie Morgan that the kidnapper is?
3. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
4. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
5. How are the ransom amounts configured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
2. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
3. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
4. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
5. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
6. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
7. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
8. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
9. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
10. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Joe Hickey's motive behind letting Karen Jennings bring Abby her insulin injections. Explain whether Hickey's actions are done with compassion for Abby and her illness.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the Jennings family is targeted by Hickey. Is this different from the other kidnappings that Hickey has performed in the past? Why is this information about the kidnapping significant regarding Abby's safety?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)