|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
2. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
3. At one point in her life how does Hickey help Cheryl?
4. Where does Karen hide the scalpel?
5. What is Huey doing when Abby tries to run away?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
2. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
3. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
4. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
5. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
6. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
7. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
8. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
9. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
10. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the Jennings family is targeted by Hickey. Is this different from the other kidnappings that Hickey has performed in the past? Why is this information about the kidnapping significant regarding Abby's safety?
This section contains 1,553 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)