|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will and Karen are given no choice but to conclude the kidnapping by __________.
2. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
3. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
4. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
5. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
3. The McDill's recognize whose mugshot in Chapter 12? What does this information prove?
4. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
5. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
6. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
7. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
8. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
9. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
10. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
Essay Topic 1
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the book Will leaves for the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting, for which he is the keynote speaker. Describe how the topic of Will's keynote speech is foreshadowing for events later in the book involving Cheryl. What exactly does Will's drug do?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Chery Lynn Tilly and Huey Cotton are connected to Joe Hickey. Also, describe how Hickey influenced Cheryl's past career decisions.
This section contains 1,595 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)