|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
2. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
3. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
4. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
5. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain who Stephanie Morgan is and her role in Chapter 15.
2. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
3. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
4. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
5. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
6. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
7. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
8. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
9. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
10. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the book Will leaves for the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting, for which he is the keynote speaker. Describe how the topic of Will's keynote speech is foreshadowing for events later in the book involving Cheryl. What exactly does Will's drug do?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author's use of the protagonist versus the antagonist throughout the book. In your opinion is there more than one protagonist? Antagonist? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 1,582 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)