|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
2. Where is the actual ringing phone Abby is trying to reach?
3. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
4. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
5. What disease does Abby have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
2. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
3. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
4. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
5. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
6. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
7. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
8. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
9. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
10. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Joe Hickey's motive behind letting Karen Jennings bring Abby her insulin injections. Explain whether Hickey's actions are done with compassion for Abby and her illness.
Essay Topic 2
Good vs. Evil is a theme depicted throughout the book "24 Hours." Classify the following character as good or evil: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Cheryl Jennings, Huey Cotton, Cheryl Lynn Tilly, and Joe Hickey. Give specific examples from the story for each character's classification.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the use of technology throughout the book and how it helps the characters throughout the kidnapping. Give at least five different scenarios where modern-day technology is used to find Abby during the kidnapping.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)