|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Karen hide the scalpel?
2. What is Huey doing when Abby tries to run away?
3. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
4. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
5. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
2. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
3. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
4. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
5. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
6. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
7. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
8. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
9. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
10. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Chery Lynn Tilly and Huey Cotton are connected to Joe Hickey. Also, describe how Hickey influenced Cheryl's past career decisions.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author's use of the protagonist versus the antagonist throughout the book. In your opinion is there more than one protagonist? Antagonist? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)