|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
2. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
3. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
4. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
5. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
2. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
3. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
4. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
5. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
6. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
7. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
8. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
9. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Huey Cotton's character development. How does the reader's opinion change as the book continues? Describe how he able to able to help Abby. Also, explain how Will attempts to help Huey at the end of the book to prove his gratitude.
Essay Topic 2
Good vs. Evil is a theme depicted throughout the book "24 Hours." Classify the following character as good or evil: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Cheryl Jennings, Huey Cotton, Cheryl Lynn Tilly, and Joe Hickey. Give specific examples from the story for each character's classification.
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book Will leaves for the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting, for which he is the keynote speaker. Describe how the topic of Will's keynote speech is foreshadowing for events later in the book involving Cheryl. What exactly does Will's drug do?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)