|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karen is forced to leave, who is supposed to care for Abby?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Hickey attempt to reassure that Abby is safe?
3. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
4. How are the ransom amounts configured?
5. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
3. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
4. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
5. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
6. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
7. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
8. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
9. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
10. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why it took so long for the McDills to contact the FBI about their son's kidnapping. Give specific examples from the story why they were hesitant.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the Jennings family is targeted by Hickey. Is this different from the other kidnappings that Hickey has performed in the past? Why is this information about the kidnapping significant regarding Abby's safety?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)