|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
2. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
3. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
4. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
5. What disease does Abby have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
2. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
3. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
4. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
5. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
6. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
7. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
8. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
9. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
10. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the changes and development of Cheryl Lynn Tilly's character throughout the book. Discuss her personality, her past, and how she became essential to Will's plan to rescue Abby.
Essay Topic 2
Will Jennings is one of the more dynamic characters in the book. Describe his personality traits and his different roles.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why it took so long for the McDills to contact the FBI about their son's kidnapping. Give specific examples from the story why they were hesitant.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)