|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only outside character who knows where Abby truly is during the kidnapping?
2. How does Will say goodbye to his daughter?
3. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
4. When Peter finds his mother what is his reaction?
5. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
2. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
3. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
4. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
5. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
6. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
7. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
8. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
9. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
10. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe exactly what happens to the following main characters at the end of the book: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Karen Jennings, Joe Hickey, Huey Cotton, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly. How does the ending leave the reader feeling? What type of emotional response do you personally believe that the author is attempting to get from the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Explain exactly what Joe Hickey does to each of the mothers of the kidnapped children. Explain how these actions affected both Margaret McDill and Karen Jennings.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the tone that the author uses throughout the book. Does the tone differ as the book progresses? Give specific examples from the story, supporting your answers.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)