|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
2. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
3. How much time passes between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
4. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
5. What course of action does Will want to take to find Abby after he discovers that she has Huey's cell phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
2. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
4. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
5. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
6. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
7. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
8. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
9. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Will Jennings is acquainted with the president of the cell phone company, Harley Ferris. Then explain Ferris's role in the book and if he is ever successful in helping Will locate Abby.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the tone that the author uses throughout the book. Does the tone differ as the book progresses? Give specific examples from the story, supporting your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)