Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
2. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
3. How was Cheryl raised?
4. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
2. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
3. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
4. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
6. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
7. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
8. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
9. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
10. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
Essay Topic 1
Explain exactly what Joe Hickey does to each of the mothers of the kidnapped children. Explain how these actions affected both Margaret McDill and Karen Jennings.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the author's use of the protagonist versus the antagonist throughout the book. In your opinion is there more than one protagonist? Antagonist? Give specific examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book Will leaves for the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting, for which he is the keynote speaker. Describe how the topic of Will's keynote speech is foreshadowing for events later in the book involving Cheryl. What exactly does Will's drug do?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)