Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
2. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
3. How was Cheryl raised?
4. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
2. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
3. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
4. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
6. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
7. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
8. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
9. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
10. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
Describe Will and Karen Jennings's relationship as it is first depicted in the book as compared to the relationship which Karen and Will seem to have formed by the end of the kidnapping. Support your answer with at least three specific examples from the story.
Describe exactly what happens to the following main characters at the end of the book: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Karen Jennings, Joe Hickey, Huey Cotton, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly. How does the ending leave the reader feeling? What type of emotional response do you personally believe that the author is attempting to get from the reader?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)