|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
2. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
3. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
4. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
5. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
2. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
3. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
4. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
5. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
6. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
7. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
9. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
10. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why it took so long for the McDills to contact the FBI about their son's kidnapping. Give specific examples from the story why they were hesitant.
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book Will leaves for the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting, for which he is the keynote speaker. Describe how the topic of Will's keynote speech is foreshadowing for events later in the book involving Cheryl. What exactly does Will's drug do?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)