Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
2. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
3. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
4. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
5. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
2. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
3. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
4. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
5. Describe what Hickey's plans involve after the kidnapping, as described in Chapter 15.
6. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
7. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
8. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
9. In Chapter 20, Hickey finally explains his final plan to Karen. Describe Hickey's plan.
10. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
In Chapter 10, Karen and Abby seem to have gained control over the situation with Huey and Hickey. Abby finds Huey's cell phone and is able to contact Karen, and Karen is able to be forceful enough over Hickey to get him to do what he asks. However, this soon changes. Describe in detail what happens to both Abby and Karen to make them lose this power.
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
Describe the tone that the author uses throughout the book. Does the tone differ as the book progresses? Give specific examples from the story, supporting your answers.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)