|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
2. What part of Huey's body does Karen slice open?
3. When Peter finds his mother what is his reaction?
4. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
5. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
2. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
3. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
4. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
5. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
6. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
7. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
8. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
9. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
10. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Huey Cotton's character development. How does the reader's opinion change as the book continues? Describe how he able to able to help Abby. Also, explain how Will attempts to help Huey at the end of the book to prove his gratitude.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Chery Lynn Tilly and Huey Cotton are connected to Joe Hickey. Also, describe how Hickey influenced Cheryl's past career decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the changes and development of Cheryl Lynn Tilly's character throughout the book. Discuss her personality, her past, and how she became essential to Will's plan to rescue Abby.
This section contains 1,572 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)