Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
2. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
3. How was Cheryl raised?
4. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
2. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
3. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
4. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
6. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
7. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
8. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
9. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
10. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
Essay Topic 2
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)