|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
2. Where did Hickey meet Cheryl?
3. How does Will say goodbye to his daughter?
4. Hickey tells Will that Huey killed whom to get revenge?
5. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
2. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
3. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
4. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
5. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
6. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
7. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
8. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
9. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
10. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe exactly what happens to the following main characters at the end of the book: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Karen Jennings, Joe Hickey, Huey Cotton, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly. How does the ending leave the reader feeling? What type of emotional response do you personally believe that the author is attempting to get from the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the use of technology throughout the book and how it helps the characters throughout the kidnapping. Give at least five different scenarios where modern-day technology is used to find Abby during the kidnapping.
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the book Will leaves for the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting, for which he is the keynote speaker. Describe how the topic of Will's keynote speech is foreshadowing for events later in the book involving Cheryl. What exactly does Will's drug do?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)