|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
2. How long do the kidnappers typically keep their victims?
3. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
4. Where does Hickey direct Karen to when they return to the Jennings's home after tending to Abby?
5. How was Cheryl raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
2. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
3. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
4. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
5. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
6. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
7. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
8. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
9. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
10. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good vs. Evil is a theme depicted throughout the book "24 Hours." Classify the following character as good or evil: Abby Jennings, Will Jennings, Cheryl Jennings, Huey Cotton, Cheryl Lynn Tilly, and Joe Hickey. Give specific examples from the story for each character's classification.
Essay Topic 2
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Joe Hickey's motive behind letting Karen Jennings bring Abby her insulin injections. Explain whether Hickey's actions are done with compassion for Abby and her illness.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)