|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
2. As Will continues to track the cell phone president, what occurs?
3. What major character does Will first notice while giving his speech?
4. Where did Hickey meet Cheryl?
5. Dr. McDill and his wife discuss their kidnapping story with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
2. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
3. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
4. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
5. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
6. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
7. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
8. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
9. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
10. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why it took so long for the McDills to contact the FBI about their son's kidnapping. Give specific examples from the story why they were hesitant.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Chery Lynn Tilly and Huey Cotton are connected to Joe Hickey. Also, describe how Hickey influenced Cheryl's past career decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)