|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
2. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
3. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
4. When Karen tries to call the police, what does she discover?
5. Where does Karen hide the scalpel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
2. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
3. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
4. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
5. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
6. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
7. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
8. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
9. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
10. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the use of technology throughout the book and how it helps the characters throughout the kidnapping. Give at least five different scenarios where modern-day technology is used to find Abby during the kidnapping.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Abby Jennings's medical condition has a major impact on the development of the story. Give specific examples of her disease disrupting the flow of Hickey's plan.
Essay Topic 3
Will Jennings is one of the more dynamic characters in the book. Describe his personality traits and his different roles.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)