|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
2. Where does Abby hide when she runs away from the cabin?
3. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
4. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
5. How was Cheryl raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
2. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
3. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
4. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
5. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
6. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
7. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
8. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
9. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
10. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Will and Karen Jennings's relationship as it is first depicted in the book as compared to the relationship which Karen and Will seem to have formed by the end of the kidnapping. Support your answer with at least three specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Huey Cotton's character development. How does the reader's opinion change as the book continues? Describe how he able to able to help Abby. Also, explain how Will attempts to help Huey at the end of the book to prove his gratitude.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)