|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karen's resentment towards Will is from her having to give up her dream of what occupation?
2. What type of food does Abby refuse from Huey?
3. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
4. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
5. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
2. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
3. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
4. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
6. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
7. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
8. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
9. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
10. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the changes and development of Cheryl Lynn Tilly's character throughout the book. Discuss her personality, her past, and how she became essential to Will's plan to rescue Abby.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Huey Cotton's character development. How does the reader's opinion change as the book continues? Describe how he able to able to help Abby. Also, explain how Will attempts to help Huey at the end of the book to prove his gratitude.
Essay Topic 3
Explain exactly what Joe Hickey does to each of the mothers of the kidnapped children. Explain how these actions affected both Margaret McDill and Karen Jennings.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)