|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
2. How does Huey frighten Abby after she runs away?
3. Will and Karen are given no choice but to conclude the kidnapping by __________.
4. When Hickey receives the ransom money, what event is supposed to happen?
5. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
2. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
3. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
4. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
6. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
7. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
8. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
9. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
10. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Huey Cotton's character development. How does the reader's opinion change as the book continues? Describe how he able to able to help Abby. Also, explain how Will attempts to help Huey at the end of the book to prove his gratitude.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Chery Lynn Tilly and Huey Cotton are connected to Joe Hickey. Also, describe how Hickey influenced Cheryl's past career decisions.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)