|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major character does Will first notice while giving his speech?
2. Dr. McDill and his wife discuss their kidnapping story with whom?
3. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
4. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
5. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
2. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
3. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
4. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
5. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
6. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
7. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
8. Explain Chery's actions in Chapter 20 after the plane starts burning.
9. In Chapter 13, Harley Ferris is introduced. Who is he, and what does he do to help Will?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 17, what information about Abby's health makes the reader even more concerned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Joe Hickey's motive behind letting Karen Jennings bring Abby her insulin injections. Explain whether Hickey's actions are done with compassion for Abby and her illness.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Will Jennings is acquainted with the president of the cell phone company, Harley Ferris. Then explain Ferris's role in the book and if he is ever successful in helping Will locate Abby.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
This section contains 1,544 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)