|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abby hide when she runs away from the cabin?
2. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
3. How long do the kidnappers typically keep their victims?
4. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
5. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
3. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
4. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
5. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
6. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
7. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
8. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
9. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
10. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the changes and development of Cheryl Lynn Tilly's character throughout the book. Discuss her personality, her past, and how she became essential to Will's plan to rescue Abby.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what the term external conflict means and how external conflict was important to the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the use of technology throughout the book and how it helps the characters throughout the kidnapping. Give at least five different scenarios where modern-day technology is used to find Abby during the kidnapping.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)