|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Karen inform Will of when he calls her in Chapter 14?
(a) How much the ransom is.
(b) Exactly where Abby is located.
(c) Hickey's plan is to murder the whole family.
(d) Hickey may rape her.
2. In a last attempt to save Abby, in exchange for Cheryl's help what does Will offer her?
(a) All the money in his and Karen bank accounts.
(b) A promise that he will not turn her into the police.
(c) All the ransom money.
(d) Help to get her out of her abusive relationship.
3. Where does Will land the plane once he discovers Abby?
(a) In the airport closest to the Jennings' home.
(b) He crashes into a rural area.
(c) On a highway.
(d) In a field.
4. What question of Karen's does Hickey refuse to answer in Chapter 11 as Karen helps Hickey?
(a) How much ransom is.
(b) Who is the woman with Will.
(c) Where Abby is located.
(d) Why her family was targeted.
5. What does Cheryl convince Hickey her and Will are doing when he calls her?
(a) She just dropped Will off at the hotel.
(b) She and Will are at a bar in Biloxi.
(c) She and Will are gambling at the hotel casino.
(d) She and Will are driving back to the hotel.
6. When Hickey asks Will if he contacted the FBI, how does Will respond?
(a) He hangs up the phone.
(b) He denies it.
(c) He does not answer.
(d) He confesses.
7. Will is disappointed about what event at the bank?
(a) How the FBI are handling the case.
(b) Karen is going to leave Will for Hickey.
(c) His medical convention not going smoothly.
(d) How the FBI are refusing to watch Hickey.
8. How does Will attempt, at first, to get Cheryl to relax as he tries to get information about Hickey's motives?
(a) He tries to get her extremely drunk.
(b) He attempts to be friendly.
(c) He tries to scare her.
(d) He tells her he wants to sleep with her.
9. When Karen threatens to call 911, what does Hickey do?
(a) He shoots her in the abdomen.
(b) He ties her up to a chair.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He threatens to kill her.
10. What fact shows how little trust Hickey has in his wife?
(a) She talks badly about her husband.
(b) Hickey lied to her about the amount of ransom money.
(c) Hickey has plans to kill her after he kills Abby.
(d) She knows very little information about Hickey's plan for revenge.
11. Finally, Cheryl tells Will that the cabin is near what town?
12. The FBI finally are able to inform Will of what information?
(a) Abby is with Karen, and they are being held hostage by Hickey.
(b) Hickey was killed by Karen.
(c) Abby is rescued.
(d) They have found the cabin, and they are getting ready to raid.
13. As Will is rescuing Abby, what does Abby ask him to do?
(a) Help Huey.
(b) Help the other children that Hickey kidnapped.
(c) Save Karen too.
(d) To never her alone again.
14. Where do Karen and Hickey get dressed to go in the morning after the kidnapping occurs?
(a) To the airport to meet Will and Cheryl.
(b) The accountant's office to approve the money transfer.
(c) To the local police station to report the kidnapping.
(d) To the cabin where Abby and Huey are.
15. Hickey is convinced that who called the FBI?
(b) An airport security guard.
(d) The accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferris reluctantly agrees to call the FBI under what condition?
2. Karen, soon after learning about Hickey's plan for revenge, realizes what?
3. Who is the trunk of the car that Hickey is driving away from the airport?
4. Huey crashes his car into what object, as Will attempts to rescue Abby?
5. How many more kidnappings does Hickey plan to perform after his current one?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)