|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the trunk of the car that Hickey is driving away from the airport?
(a) Another kidnapped child.
(b) The owner of the car.
(c) The owner of a stolen suitcase.
2. Karen, soon after learning about Hickey's plan for revenge, realizes what?
(a) Hickey is just interested in receiving his money.
(b) Hickey is planning to hurt Will.
(c) Hickey is all talk, but eventually will return Abby.
(d) Hickey does not plan to return Abby unharmed.
3. When Hickey asks Will if he contacted the FBI, how does Will respond?
(a) He hangs up the phone.
(b) He confesses.
(c) He denies it.
(d) He does not answer.
4. What does Huey leave behind in the cabin?
(a) His wallet.
(b) The ransom money.
(d) His cell phone.
5. Will knows that he needs to be more forceful with Cheryl when he receives a message from who warning him of Hickey's revenge?
6. Who does the FBI look for quietly at Beau Rivage to receive proof that the crime is really happening again?
7. Who is Cheryl most afraid of throughout the whole story?
8. Why is Will and Cheryl's plane departure delayed?
(a) There is traffic-jam on the way to the airport.
(b) They miss their original flight.
(c) The military is running drills.
(d) There is a terrible thunder-storm.
9. After Huey talks to Hickey, while at the airport Karen knows she must get to Abby to do what?
(a) Give her the proper medication.
(b) Give her clean clothes.
(c) Get her away from Huey.
(d) Bring her to the hospital.
10. As Hickey is pulling into the airport, Hickey calls Huey, and Huey reports what information about Abby?
(a) Abby has been talking to Will on the cell phone.
(b) Abby has ran away.
(c) Abby has been in the bathroom a lot.
(d) Abby is dead.
11. What will be the worst result of Cheryl's possible non-recovery from Will's forceful actions?
(a) Abby would die.
(b) The FBI will go after Will.
(c) The money could be transferred.
(d) Karen would die.
12. What does Will have to take with him as he leaves the bank?
(a) A fake ID.
(b) Special Agent Chalmer's gun.
(c) The GPS tracker.
(d) The ransom money.
13. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
(a) Huey tells her.
(b) She forces the information out of him at gunpoint.
(c) Will tells her over the phone.
(d) He starts drinking heavily and tells her.
14. Where does Cheryl tell Will to take the ransom money?
(a) Take it directly to the bank.
(b) Directly to Hickey.
(c) To a motel.
(d) To the cabin.
15. Where does Hickey plan to take Karen first in order to get the police off their trail?
(a) The airport.
(b) The bus station.
(c) To meet Will and Cheryl.
(d) A motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character which Hickey shoots?
2. What is Will's reasoning as to why the FBI are following Hickey?
3. What question of Karen's does Hickey refuse to answer in Chapter 11 as Karen helps Hickey?
4. Who sees the plane land and knows instantly that it is Will?
5. Instead of shooting Abby, who does Hickey accidentally shoot?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)