|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Huey's car that slows his and Abby's progress?
(a) He gets a flat tire.
(b) He runs out of gas.
(c) He gets into an accident.
(d) The battery dies.
2. What did Cheryl and Hickey do to the past men in Cheryl's life?
(a) They blackmailed them.
(b) They kidnapped their children.
(c) They murdered them.
(d) They robbed them.
3. What conclusion does Will come up with over and over again as his last resort to help his family?
(a) To return home and kill Hickey.
(b) Obtain Cheryl's help.
(c) To convince the police that help is needed.
(d) To find Abby himself.
4. As Hickey is pulling into the airport, Hickey calls Huey, and Huey reports what information about Abby?
(a) Abby has been talking to Will on the cell phone.
(b) Abby is dead.
(c) Abby has been in the bathroom a lot.
(d) Abby has ran away.
5. Where does Cheryl suggest that Huey may have taken Abby?
(a) A house in McComb.
(b) Back to the cabin.
(c) Back to the Jenning's home.
(d) A house in Biloxi.
6. As a last resort, what does Will do to get Cheryl to talk about Hickey's plan?
(a) He sleeps with her.
(b) He forces her to talk while at gunpoint.
(c) He threatens to murder her after Abby is returned.
(d) He ties her up and drugs her.
7. What information is Will able to discover from the plane's radio while he is trying to locate Abby?
(a) What type of car Hickey is drving.
(b) Where Abby is located.
(c) What type of car Huey is driving.
(d) What direction Hickey is heading.
8. When Hickey calls Cheryl, after she gave all known information to Will, what is Cheryl's next response?
(a) She tells him that Will is hurting her.
(b) She convinces him that everything is normal.
(c) She tells him to go ahead and kill Abby.
(d) She tells him Will raped her.
9. What does Will believe Hickey's ultimate plan is?
(a) To set Abby and Karen free once the money is paid.
(b) To kill Karen and Abby in front of Will.
(c) To kill the whole family.
(d) To kill Karen and Abby before Will can save them.
10. At the police station, who does Dr. McDill recognize in a photo?
11. Who is the trunk of the car that Hickey is driving away from the airport?
(a) The owner of a stolen suitcase.
(c) The owner of the car.
(d) Another kidnapped child.
12. Who does Will meet at the manager's office at the bank?
(a) Special Agent Chalmers.
(b) Margaret McDill.
(d) Dr. McDill.
13. Finally, Will gets in contact with whom in order to help track Abby?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The cell phone company president.
(c) The local police.
(d) Abby's doctor.
14. What information does Karen inform Will of when he calls her in Chapter 14?
(a) Hickey may rape her.
(b) How much the ransom is.
(c) Exactly where Abby is located.
(d) Hickey's plan is to murder the whole family.
15. What is Will's reasoning as to why the FBI are following Hickey?
(a) Karen went to the FBI.
(b) Will admitts contacting the FBI.
(c) The McDills going to the FBI.
(d) The FBI were following a gut-feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question of Karen's does Hickey refuse to answer in Chapter 11 as Karen helps Hickey?
2. What does Will insist on taking with him into the bank?
3. Who does the FBI look for quietly at Beau Rivage to receive proof that the crime is really happening again?
4. What does Cheryl convince Hickey her and Will are doing when he calls her?
5. Where does Cheryl tell Will to take the ransom money?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)