|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose car is Cheryl able to recognize while she and Will are flying Will's plane?
(a) Huey's Rambler.
(b) Hickey's pick-up truck.
(c) The McDill's family mini-van.
(d) Karen's car.
2. While at the airport what does Hickey steal?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A passenger's suitcase.
(c) A car.
3. Where does Hickey plan to take Karen first in order to get the police off their trail?
(a) A motel.
(b) The airport.
(c) To meet Will and Cheryl.
(d) The bus station.
4. What will be the worst result of Cheryl's possible non-recovery from Will's forceful actions?
(a) Karen would die.
(b) The FBI will go after Will.
(c) Abby would die.
(d) The money could be transferred.
5. It's learned that Hickey's mother died from what medical condition?
(a) Breast Cancer.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A blood clot.
6. What information leads to the eventual FBI knowledge that a kidnapping is actually occurring?
(a) Will was able to contact the FBI.
(b) A bellboy identified Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) The local police found the child.
(d) The phone company notified the FBI of the kidnapping.
7. What is Hickey doing when Karen receives Will's message?
(a) Talking to Huey on the phone.
(b) Using the restroom.
(c) Watching television.
8. As a last resort, what does Will do to get Cheryl to talk about Hickey's plan?
(a) He forces her to talk while at gunpoint.
(b) He sleeps with her.
(c) He threatens to murder her after Abby is returned.
(d) He ties her up and drugs her.
9. Who does Will meet at the manager's office at the bank?
(a) Margaret McDill.
(b) Dr. McDill.
(d) Special Agent Chalmers.
10. As Will is rescuing Abby, what does Abby ask him to do?
(a) Help Huey.
(b) Save Karen too.
(c) Help the other children that Hickey kidnapped.
(d) To never her alone again.
11. When Hickey calls 911, what information does he learn?
(a) The police do not believe his story.
(b) Someone else has already called 911.
(c) He is not able to call 911.
(d) The police have already rescued Abby.
12. What did Cheryl and Hickey do to the past men in Cheryl's life?
(a) They kidnapped their children.
(b) They murdered them.
(c) They blackmailed them.
(d) They robbed them.
13. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
(a) Huey tells her.
(b) He starts drinking heavily and tells her.
(c) Will tells her over the phone.
(d) She forces the information out of him at gunpoint.
14. What question of Karen's does Hickey refuse to answer in Chapter 11 as Karen helps Hickey?
(a) Who is the woman with Will.
(b) Where Abby is located.
(c) Why her family was targeted.
(d) How much ransom is.
15. Where does Hickey shoot Karen?
(a) In the hand.
(b) He doesn't shoot her.
(c) In the abdomen.
(d) In the foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important information does Karen learn about Hickey's motive for the kidnapping?
2. At the broker's office, what does Karen do?
3. Where does Cheryl tell Will to take the ransom money?
4. How does Will try to communicate his knowledge of Hickey to Karen?
5. Where do Karen and Hickey get dressed to go in the morning after the kidnapping occurs?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)