|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the FBI look for quietly at Beau Rivage to receive proof that the crime is really happening again?
2. What is Hickey doing when Karen receives Will's message?
(a) Talking to Huey on the phone.
(b) Using the restroom.
(c) Watching television.
3. Karen, soon after learning about Hickey's plan for revenge, realizes what?
(a) Hickey is all talk, but eventually will return Abby.
(b) Hickey is planning to hurt Will.
(c) Hickey does not plan to return Abby unharmed.
(d) Hickey is just interested in receiving his money.
4. How does Cheryl feel after Will informs her that her past life was very much like prostitution?
5. At the police station, who does Dr. McDill recognize in a photo?
6. How much money does Will try to give to Cheryl in a last attempt to receive her help?
7. What does Huey leave behind in the cabin?
(b) The ransom money.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His cell phone.
8. What did Cheryl and Hickey do to the past men in Cheryl's life?
(a) They kidnapped their children.
(b) They blackmailed them.
(c) They robbed them.
(d) They murdered them.
9. What information leads to the eventual FBI knowledge that a kidnapping is actually occurring?
(a) Will was able to contact the FBI.
(b) The phone company notified the FBI of the kidnapping.
(c) The local police found the child.
(d) A bellboy identified Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
10. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
(a) Will makes sure Huey is charged as much for the crime as Hickey would have been.
(b) To have him admitted to the psychiatric ward at the hospital.
(c) Make arrangments to make sure Hickey will not be able to find him.
(d) To not press charges against him.
11. What does Will have to take with him as he leaves the bank?
(a) Special Agent Chalmer's gun.
(b) The GPS tracker.
(c) The ransom money.
(d) A fake ID.
12. What information does Karen inform Will of when he calls her in Chapter 14?
(a) How much the ransom is.
(b) Hickey may rape her.
(c) Hickey's plan is to murder the whole family.
(d) Exactly where Abby is located.
13. What breakfast food does Hickey force Karen to make after Karen learns the truth about why her family was targeted for the kidnapping?
(a) An omelet.
(c) Scrambled eggs.
14. Huey crashes his car into what object, as Will attempts to rescue Abby?
(a) A stop sign.
(b) Another car.
(c) A tree.
(d) A telephone pole.
15. When Hickey asks Will if he contacted the FBI, how does Will respond?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He hangs up the phone.
(c) He denies it.
(d) He confesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huey make for Abby as a toy?
2. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
3. Where do Karen and Hickey get dressed to go in the morning after the kidnapping occurs?
4. How many more kidnappings does Hickey plan to perform after his current one?
5. When Hickey calls Cheryl, after she gave all known information to Will, what is Cheryl's next response?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)