|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
(a) Will makes sure Huey is charged as much for the crime as Hickey would have been.
(b) To not press charges against him.
(c) To have him admitted to the psychiatric ward at the hospital.
(d) Make arrangments to make sure Hickey will not be able to find him.
2. Huey crashes his car into what object, as Will attempts to rescue Abby?
(a) A telephone pole.
(b) A tree.
(c) Another car.
(d) A stop sign.
3. Where does Hickey plan to take Karen first in order to get the police off their trail?
(a) To meet Will and Cheryl.
(b) The airport.
(c) The bus station.
(d) A motel.
4. What information does Karen inform Will of when he calls her in Chapter 14?
(a) Hickey's plan is to murder the whole family.
(b) How much the ransom is.
(c) Hickey may rape her.
(d) Exactly where Abby is located.
5. What will be the worst result of Cheryl's possible non-recovery from Will's forceful actions?
(a) The FBI will go after Will.
(b) Karen would die.
(c) Abby would die.
(d) The money could be transferred.
6. After Abby is discovered by Huey after she ran away, where is she taken?
(a) To the police station.
(b) Back home.
(c) To the hotel where Will is staying.
(d) To the cabin.
7. While at the airport what does Hickey steal?
(b) A car.
(c) A passenger's suitcase.
(d) An airplane.
8. Finally, Will gets in contact with whom in order to help track Abby?
(a) Abby's doctor.
(b) The local police.
(c) The cell phone company president.
(d) The FBI.
9. Where does Hickey tell Will to stay after Hickey discovers how the FBI got their information about the kidnapping?
(a) In his hotel room.
(b) In the cabin.
(c) Back at the Jenning's home.
(d) In the casino.
10. At the police station, who does Dr. McDill recognize in a photo?
11. When Will finally takes off what does the FBI warn Will about?
(a) Hickey has kidnapped another child.
(b) His pilot's license is in danger because he left without permission.
(c) Hickey has Karen held at gunpoint.
(d) Abby is extremely ill.
12. In Hickey's scheme, what information does Cheryl confess to Will is different this time from all the other kidnappings?
(a) Hickey has never had a family fight back like the Jennings.
(b) Hickey has never kidnapped a female child.
(c) Will is not able to communicate with Hickey or Huey.
(d) Cheryl is supposed to take Will to the ransom drop.
13. Will suggests that FBI take what action in order to find Abby?
(a) Be fully prepared to kill Hickey and Huey.
(b) Use search canines all over the area where the signal was detected.
(c) Fly a helicopter in the area where the signal has been detected.
(d) Bring physicians along to help Abby.
14. Dr. McDill identifies a security photo of Cheryl taken from where?
(a) A casino.
(b) The hotel hallway.
(c) A bar.
(d) A strip club.
15. Who does Will take inside the bank with him?
(a) Dr. McDill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact shows how little trust Hickey has in his wife?
2. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
3. What does Huey make for Abby as a toy?
4. Instead of shooting Abby, who does Hickey accidentally shoot?
5. Where does Cheryl tell Will that Abby is when they are able to speak on the phone?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)