|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huey leave behind in the cabin?
(a) His cell phone.
(c) The ransom money.
(d) His wallet.
2. Huey calls Hickey from the cabin and tells him that he heard what outside?
(a) Search canines.
(b) Gun shots.
(c) Police Sirens.
(d) A helicopter.
3. When Hickey asks Will if he contacted the FBI, how does Will respond?
(a) He hangs up the phone.
(b) He confesses.
(c) He does not answer.
(d) He denies it.
4. Where does Cheryl tell Will to take the ransom money?
(a) Directly to Hickey.
(b) Take it directly to the bank.
(c) To a motel.
(d) To the cabin.
5. Will suggests that FBI take what action in order to find Abby?
(a) Fly a helicopter in the area where the signal has been detected.
(b) Bring physicians along to help Abby.
(c) Be fully prepared to kill Hickey and Huey.
(d) Use search canines all over the area where the signal was detected.
6. What game does Abby convince Huey to play with her while in the cabin?
(a) Beauty and the Beast.
(d) A card game.
7. How does Will try to communicate his knowledge of Hickey to Karen?
(a) Through an email.
(b) On a fax.
(c) Over the phone.
(d) Over a voice-mail on her cell phone.
8. Who is the first character which Hickey shoots?
(b) Dr. McDill.
(c) Stephanie Morgan.
9. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
(a) To have him admitted to the psychiatric ward at the hospital.
(b) Make arrangments to make sure Hickey will not be able to find him.
(c) Will makes sure Huey is charged as much for the crime as Hickey would have been.
(d) To not press charges against him.
10. Why is Will and Cheryl's plane departure delayed?
(a) There is traffic-jam on the way to the airport.
(b) There is a terrible thunder-storm.
(c) They miss their original flight.
(d) The military is running drills.
11. As Hickey and Karen are on the highway what does Hickey become aware of?
(a) Huey has been killed.
(b) Abby has been rescued.
(c) Will and Cheryl are in the car behind them.
(d) Police surveillance.
12. Where does Hickey tell Will to stay after Hickey discovers how the FBI got their information about the kidnapping?
(a) In the cabin.
(b) Back at the Jenning's home.
(c) In his hotel room.
(d) In the casino.
13. Who is the trunk of the car that Hickey is driving away from the airport?
(a) The owner of the car.
(b) The owner of a stolen suitcase.
(c) Another kidnapped child.
14. Hickey is convinced that who called the FBI?
(b) An airport security guard.
(c) The accountant.
15. How does Karen learn about Hickey's motives of revenge for the kidnapping?
(a) He starts drinking heavily and tells her.
(b) Huey tells her.
(c) She forces the information out of him at gunpoint.
(d) Will tells her over the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karen threatens to call 911, what does Hickey do?
2. Finally, Cheryl tells Will that the cabin is near what town?
3. Dr. McDill identifies a security photo of Cheryl taken from where?
4. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
5. What does Will insist on taking with him into the bank?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)