|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will's reasoning as to why the FBI are following Hickey?
(a) The McDills going to the FBI.
(b) Will admitts contacting the FBI.
(c) Karen went to the FBI.
(d) The FBI were following a gut-feeling.
2. Karen, soon after learning about Hickey's plan for revenge, realizes what?
(a) Hickey does not plan to return Abby unharmed.
(b) Hickey is just interested in receiving his money.
(c) Hickey is all talk, but eventually will return Abby.
(d) Hickey is planning to hurt Will.
3. What does Cheryl convince Hickey her and Will are doing when he calls her?
(a) She just dropped Will off at the hotel.
(b) She and Will are driving back to the hotel.
(c) She and Will are gambling at the hotel casino.
(d) She and Will are at a bar in Biloxi.
4. What important information does Karen learn about Hickey's motive for the kidnapping?
(a) He blames Will for his son's death.
(b) He blames Will for his mother's death.
(c) Will owes him money from a former bet.
(d) Hickey's only motive is money.
5. As Will is rescuing Abby, what does Abby ask him to do?
(a) Save Karen too.
(b) Help Huey.
(c) To never her alone again.
(d) Help the other children that Hickey kidnapped.
6. When Karen threatens to call 911, what does Hickey do?
(a) He shoots her in the abdomen.
(b) He threatens to kill her.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He ties her up to a chair.
7. In a last attempt to save Abby, in exchange for Cheryl's help what does Will offer her?
(a) Help to get her out of her abusive relationship.
(b) All the ransom money.
(c) All the money in his and Karen bank accounts.
(d) A promise that he will not turn her into the police.
8. Even though Ferris still is not able to locate the cell phone signal, what is the next action he wants to take?
(a) Talk to the local police about the situation.
(b) Try to call the cell phone over and over.
(c) Finally contact the FBI.
(d) Give-up on ever trying to find a signal.
9. What does Cheryl offer to Will to help him relax while in the hotel room?
(a) To let him go to the bar and get a drink.
(b) To have sex with him.
(c) To give him drugs.
(d) To let him go home.
10. Cheryl insists on returning to the burning plane in order to ____.
(a) Save Abby.
(b) End her life.
(c) Save the money Will gave her.
(d) Grab her purse.
11. How does Will try to communicate his knowledge of Hickey to Karen?
(a) Through an email.
(b) On a fax.
(c) Over a voice-mail on her cell phone.
(d) Over the phone.
12. Whose car is Cheryl able to recognize while she and Will are flying Will's plane?
(a) Karen's car.
(b) Hickey's pick-up truck.
(c) The McDill's family mini-van.
(d) Huey's Rambler.
13. Where does Will attempt to land the plane, as he tries to rescue his family?
(a) Close to Hickey and Karen.
(b) Next to Huey's car.
(c) Close to the cabin where Abby is.
(d) In front of Huey's car.
14. Finally, Cheryl tells Will that the cabin is near what town?
15. What special arrangements does Will make for Huey, at the conclusion of the book?
(a) Will makes sure Huey is charged as much for the crime as Hickey would have been.
(b) To have him admitted to the psychiatric ward at the hospital.
(c) Make arrangments to make sure Hickey will not be able to find him.
(d) To not press charges against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. While flying the plane, Hickey calls Cheryl's phone, and what does Will do to keep Hickey from knowing where they are?
2. What does Huey make for Abby as a toy?
3. Who is Cheryl most afraid of throughout the whole story?
4. Where does Cheryl tell Will that Abby is when they are able to speak on the phone?
5. When Hickey finally reveals what his final plan is, what does it include?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)