|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(b) The police are in on the kidnapping.
(c) The police will refuse to respond.
(d) All the phone lines have been cut.
2. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
(a) Abby's medication.
(b) A nutritious meal.
(c) Her favorite blanket.
(d) A drink of water.
3. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
(a) Hickey is seeking revenge on Will.
(b) The Jennings' family wealth contributed to the decision.
(c) She refuses to answer.
(d) She insists that it nothing personal.
4. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
(a) A book.
(b) The phone.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) One of Abby's toys.
5. Why can't much action be taken after the McDills tell their story?
(a) For fear of placing the current kidnapped child in more danger.
(b) The case occurred too long ago for police record.
(c) The detectives do not believe the story.
(d) The police are already on the kidnapped child case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheryl offer to Will to help him relax while in the hotel room?
2. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
3. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
4. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
5. In Hickey's scheme, what information does Cheryl confess to Will is different this time from all the other kidnappings?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)