|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character receives the phone call and permission to release the child?
(a) Huey Cotton.
(b) Peter McDill.
(c) Joe Hickey.
(d) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
2. Why can't much action be taken after the McDills tell their story?
(a) For fear of placing the current kidnapped child in more danger.
(b) The detectives do not believe the story.
(c) The police are already on the kidnapped child case.
(d) The case occurred too long ago for police record.
3. What is the purpose of the drug Restorase?
(a) To control paralysis.
(b) To control psychosis.
(c) An additive cancer drug.
(d) To counteract the effects of the drug Anectine.
4. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
(a) Will Jennings.
(b) Joe Hickey.
(c) Huey Cotton.
(d) Abby Jennings.
5. What does Will believe Hickey's ultimate plan is?
(a) To kill Karen and Abby before Will can save them.
(b) To kill the whole family.
(c) To set Abby and Karen free once the money is paid.
(d) To kill Karen and Abby in front of Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
2. Karen's resentment towards Will is from her having to give up her dream of what occupation?
3. Where does Abby hide when she runs away from the cabin?
4. Karen, soon after learning about Hickey's plan for revenge, realizes what?
5. What does the kidnapper do to keep Karen from knowing where they are going?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)