|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hickey receives the ransom money, what event is supposed to happen?
(a) Abby will be set free.
(b) Karen and Abby will be released in a public area.
(c) Will will not be killed.
(d) Karen and Abby will be bought back home.
2. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
3. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A scalpel.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) Will's gun.
4. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
(a) She gets a recording informing her that the service is not available.
(b) Huey catches her and takes the phone.
(c) She gets through to the police.
(d) The battery of the phone dies.
5. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
(a) She locks him in the basement.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She tries to get him drunk.
(d) She gives him a sleeping pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Cheryl raised?
2. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
3. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
4. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
5. How does Huey frighten Abby after she runs away?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)