|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
(b) Will has to be one who gets the money.
(c) The banks are about to close.
(d) She cannot leave the house.
2. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
(b) The ransom needs to be paid.
(c) More evidence needs to discovered.
(d) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
3. Why can't much action be taken after the McDills tell their story?
(a) The case occurred too long ago for police record.
(b) The police are already on the kidnapped child case.
(c) The detectives do not believe the story.
(d) For fear of placing the current kidnapped child in more danger.
4. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
(a) She tries to shoot him.
(b) She tells Hickey that Will is trying to fight with her.
(c) She gives Hickey the okay when he calls again.
(d) She apoligizes for what she has done to Will's family.
5. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
(b) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will say goodbye to his daughter?
2. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
3. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
4. What is Huey doing when Abby tries to run away?
5. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)