|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She surrenders.
(b) She stitches his wound.
(c) She gives him her cell phone.
(d) She gives him the ransom money.
2. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
(a) Will's gun.
(b) A kitchen knife.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A baseball bat.
3. What does Karen continue to think about as she is dancing for Hickey?
(a) The ransom money.
(b) Her husband's medical conference.
(c) Her daughter's health.
(d) Her suffering love life with Will.
4. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) The police will refuse to respond.
(b) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(c) All the phone lines have been cut.
(d) The police are in on the kidnapping.
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) His father was a doctor.
(b) His mother was an alcoholic.
(c) He was kidnapped as a child.
(d) He came from an abusive home.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
2. Which character receives the phone call and permission to release the child?
3. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
4. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
5. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)