|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karen is the chairperson of what organization?
(a) The Junior League baseball card exhibit.
(b) The Junior beauty pagnant.
(c) The Junior League flower show.
(d) The Mississippi Medical Association.
2. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) The police are in on the kidnapping.
(b) All the phone lines have been cut.
(c) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(d) The police will refuse to respond.
3. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) Will's gun.
(b) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(c) A bottle of poison.
(d) A knife.
4. At one point in her life how does Hickey help Cheryl?
(a) He saves her life after a traffic accident.
(b) He pays her way through college.
(c) He helps her through drug withdrawal and gets her out of prostitution.
(d) He helps her get away from an abusive ex-husband.
5. How long do the kidnappers typically keep their victims?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 24 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
2. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
3. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
4. What food item is the kidnapper's partner instructed to feed Abby?
5. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)