|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character receives the phone call and permission to release the child?
(a) Peter McDill.
(b) Huey Cotton.
(c) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(d) Joe Hickey.
2. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
(a) She gets through to the police.
(b) Huey catches her and takes the phone.
(c) The battery of the phone dies.
(d) She gets a recording informing her that the service is not available.
3. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
(a) To call Will.
(b) To fall asleep.
(c) Use the restroom.
(d) Insert her diaphragm.
4. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
5. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
(a) Hickey made her pay more ransom than he initially knew about.
(b) Mrs. McDill knows about the current kidnapping.
(c) Mrs. McDill personally knew the kidnappers.
(d) Hickey forced her to perform acts of sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
2. When Will's lecture is over, his friends try to convince Will to do what?
3. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
4. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
5. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)