• Pages 1-28
• "Spring 1946: To England" introduces Silvana Nowak and Aurek who are headed to England to meet Janusz, Silvana's husband.
• Silvana and Janusz last saw each other six years before.
• Silvana still has nightmares of the war, but has hope for her family's future.
• "22 Britannia Road" introduces Janusz, who purchases a home for his family that shows few effects of the war in the hope that it will bring good luck for his family.
• Janusz has been in England for several years and has learned British ways.
• Janusz purchased the home after a Red Cross officer finds Silvana and Aurek alive in a refugee camp.
• Poland is a communist nation and now, Britian is home.
• Janusz tries to forget Helene, a French woman he fell in love with.
• Janusz prepares for Silvana and Aurek's arrival, but is shocked to meet Silvana whose hair has greyed and...
This section contains 3,898 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)