• Pages 1-28
• "Spring 1946: To England" introduces Silvana Nowak and Aurek who are headed to England to meet Janusz, Silvana's husband.
• Silvana and Janusz last saw each other six years before.
• Silvana still has nightmares of the war, but has hope for her family's future.
• "22 Britannia Road" introduces Janusz, who purchases a home for his family that shows few effects of the war in the hope that it will bring good luck for his family.
• Janusz has been in England for several years and has learned British ways.
• Janusz purchased the home after a Red Cross officer finds Silvana and Aurek alive in a refugee camp.
• Poland is a communist nation and now, Britian is home.
• Janusz tries to forget Helene, a French woman he fell in love with.
• Janusz prepares for Silvana and Aurek's arrival, but is shocked to meet Silvana whose hair has greyed and is thin.
• Aurek is...
This section contains 3,496 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)