|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
2. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
3. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
4. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
5. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
2. Who does the group on the Universe think sent the warning to stay off of Europa?
3. What time-honored tradition was upheld daily on the Universe at 1800 every evening?
4. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
5. Define perturbation theory.
6. What lives on Europa close to the vents in the tropical region?
7. What was the Universe's schedule upon approaching Europa?
8. Describe the surface of the Mount Zeus .
9. The Galaxy eventually ends up where?
10. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you had been a character in the book which ship would you have rather been on? Explain your answer. What are the differences between the ships? What was the author trying to indicate by these differences?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe what is known about Shaka.
Part 2) If the group exists why does it seemingly refuse to take public responsibilities for its actions like many of the current terrorist groups?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Galaxy lands and finds that this new world is an exact replica of old earth and the two ecosystems are completely compatible.
Part 2) The creatures on Europa, or the monolith, are hostile towards humans.
Part 3) The monolith had been damaged when the giant diamond landed on Europa.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)