|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chang removed the shuttle from the Universe?
2. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
3. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
4. How did Mr.Chang propose they get to their destination?
5. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time-honored tradition was upheld daily on the Universe at 1800 every evening?
2. George and Jerry discovered what about Shaka?
3. About what was Captain Smith's interview?
4. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
5. About what was Victor Willis' video piece that Paul Kreuger had?
6. Describe the surface of the Mount Zeus .
7. As the Bill Tee flies over the monolith, describe what the occupants see?
8. What was the encouraging words from the Universe?
9. What seems to have caused Dr. Floyd's restless dreams?
10. What does Floyd and Van der Berg discuss about Floyd's illusion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) How far fetched does the thought that the center of the planet's moons are made of diamonds?
Part 2) What would have been a more believable explanation?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Speculate on how the story would have been different for the members of the Galaxy if Rose's body had not been seen being vomited up by the shark-like creature.
Part 2) Considering it was scientists on the Universe would they have been able to figure this information out other ways? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Second Commander Chang's role in the story.
Part 1) How would the story have changed if it had been the captain in the control room when Rose took over rather than Chang?
Part 2) Is it possible Rose intended to catch Chang in the control room rather than the captain? Why or why not?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)