|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was dinner on the Universe?
2. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
3. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
4. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
5. Why did van der Berg stop Floyd from picking up the Europan dirt?
Essay Topic 1
Describe what is known about the monolith.
Part 1) Is there any indication that the monolith had Dr. Floyd's consciousness before it spoke with Chris?
Part 2) Why is Dr. Floyd's consciousness in the monolith crucial to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) How far fetched does the thought that the center of the planet's moons are made of diamonds?
Part 2) What would have been a more believable explanation?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the book are unable to return to Earth.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would feel to be more or less exiled from your home.
Part 2) Would you choose to live on a different planet away from your family if it would extend your life? Explain.
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)