Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
2. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
3. Who flew the shuttle on the Mount Zeus mission?
4. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
5. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
Essay Topic 1
When stranded on Europa many of the scientists become excited at the thought of being able to explore.
Part 1) What would have been your realistic reaction knowing that a rescue might not come in time to save you?
Part 2) Why does the author chose not to focus heavily on the conditions the scientists encounter while on the planet past the fact that the things from different worlds are poisonous to each other?
Essay Topic 2
The subject of space exploration has been of interest to people for many years.
Part 1) What about this book seemed obtainable for humans within the next 100 years or so? Explain.
Part 2) What about the book seems clearly unrealistic and pure fantasy? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what is known about Rose, the hijacker.
Part 1) What is known about Rose considering the efficiency with which she gets Galaxy?
Part 2) Speculate on why Rose commits suicide rather than be interrogated. What does this explain to the reader about the Shaka organization.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)