|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
2. When Lucifer fades, what returns?
3. With whom did Chris Floyd get into contact while awaiting rescue?
4. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
5. Who is the trinity that administrates Europa?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what was Captain Smith's interview?
2. Who does the group on the Universe think sent the warning to stay off of Europa?
3. As the Bill Tee flies over the monolith, describe what the occupants see?
4. What seems to have caused Dr. Floyd's restless dreams?
5. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
6. In the year 3010, what happens?
7. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
8. What signs of life did Van der Berg observe on the Europan surface?
9. What does Floyd and Van der Berg discuss about Floyd's illusion?
10. Define perturbation theory.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) How far fetched does the thought that the center of the planet's moons are made of diamonds?
Part 2) What would have been a more believable explanation?
Essay Topic 2
If you had been a character in the book which ship would you have rather been on? Explain your answer. What are the differences between the ships? What was the author trying to indicate by these differences?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Galaxy lands and finds that this new world is an exact replica of old earth and the two ecosystems are completely compatible.
Part 2) The creatures on Europa, or the monolith, are hostile towards humans.
Part 3) The monolith had been damaged when the giant diamond landed on Europa.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)