|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Universe took a shortcut around where?
2. What could be exposed on Europa but not anywhere else in the Solar System?
3. What caused the seas on Europa not to freeze solid?
4. What was the title of Ross' paper in 1981?
5. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
2. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
3. What was the order that Captain Laplace received from Head Office?
4. What lives on Europa close to the vents in the tropical region?
5. With what creatures in the sea did the Galaxy come in contact?
6. About what was Victor Willis' video piece that Paul Kreuger had?
7. What was the Universe's schedule upon approaching Europa?
8. Describe the sea monster that ate Rosie's body.
9. What message did Van der Berg send to Earth?
10. What was the request Floyd and Van der Berg placed to the captain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, obviously care for each other although there are not many scenes of them together in the story.
Part 1) Compare what is known about Dr. Floyd's character to what is known about Chris Floyd's character.
Part 2) Is it clear that they share family traits? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why isn't there more information found on the Shaka group?
Part 2) How would the story have been different if there had been more information imparted to the reader about this organization?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Second Commander Chang's role in the story.
Part 1) How would the story have changed if it had been the captain in the control room when Rose took over rather than Chang?
Part 2) Is it possible Rose intended to catch Chang in the control room rather than the captain? Why or why not?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)