Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
2. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
3. Who flew the shuttle on the Mount Zeus mission?
4. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
5. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
Although this book was written in 1987, what subjects did C. Clark touch on that are current issues today? If he wrote the book today what changes would be made if any? Explain your answer.
The two main captains in the story are Captain Smith and Captain Laplace.
Part 1) What about these two characters is the same?
Part 2) What about these characters is different?
Choose one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Galaxy lands and finds that this new world is an exact replica of old earth and the two ecosystems are completely compatible.
Part 2) The creatures on Europa, or the monolith, are hostile towards humans.
Part 3) The monolith had been damaged when the giant diamond landed on Europa.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)