|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
2. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
3. Who flew the shuttle on the Mount Zeus mission?
4. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
5. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Dr. van der Berg's intentions when he first learns there may be a diamond under Mount Zeus.
Part 2) Why does he try so hard to keep it a secret?
Part 3) What would have been the reaction if van der Berg had announced that the diamond was there?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what is known about Rose, the hijacker.
Part 1) What is known about Rose considering the efficiency with which she gets Galaxy?
Part 2) Speculate on why Rose commits suicide rather than be interrogated. What does this explain to the reader about the Shaka organization.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the book are unable to return to Earth.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would feel to be more or less exiled from your home.
Part 2) Would you choose to live on a different planet away from your family if it would extend your life? Explain.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)