|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the rescue mission, the Universe could be seen by whom?
2. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
3. When Lucifer fades, what returns?
4. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
5. What appearance did the black monolith have?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what was Victor Willis' video piece that Paul Kreuger had?
2. What lives on Europa close to the vents in the tropical region?
3. Why was Captain Laplace not concerned with morale of the crew upon landing?
4. Define perturbation theory.
5. What seems to have caused Dr. Floyd's restless dreams?
6. As the Bill Tee flies over the monolith, describe what the occupants see?
7. What was the request Floyd and Van der Berg placed to the captain?
8. The Galaxy eventually ends up where?
9. George and Jerry discovered what about Shaka?
10. What was Second Officer Jolson's idea about getting to the Galaxy faster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Dr. van der Berg's intentions when he first learns there may be a diamond under Mount Zeus.
Part 2) Why does he try so hard to keep it a secret?
Part 3) What would have been the reaction if van der Berg had announced that the diamond was there?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why isn't there more information found on the Shaka group?
Part 2) How would the story have been different if there had been more information imparted to the reader about this organization?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what is known about Rose, the hijacker.
Part 1) What is known about Rose considering the efficiency with which she gets Galaxy?
Part 2) Speculate on why Rose commits suicide rather than be interrogated. What does this explain to the reader about the Shaka organization.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)