|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Chris Floyd get into contact while awaiting rescue?
2. The Universe took a shortcut around where?
3. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
4. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
5. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
2. Describe the sea monster that ate Rosie's body.
3. Describe the surface of the Mount Zeus .
4. What signs of life did Van der Berg observe on the Europan surface?
5. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
6. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
7. George and Jerry discovered what about Shaka?
8. What time-honored tradition was upheld daily on the Universe at 1800 every evening?
9. What was the request Floyd and Van der Berg placed to the captain?
10. What was Second Officer Jolson's idea about getting to the Galaxy faster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you had been a character in the book which ship would you have rather been on? Explain your answer. What are the differences between the ships? What was the author trying to indicate by these differences?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe what is known about Shaka.
Part 2) If the group exists why does it seemingly refuse to take public responsibilities for its actions like many of the current terrorist groups?
Essay Topic 3
There are many famous guests aboard the Universe.
Part 1) Describe the different characters aboard the Universe.
Part 2) What famous people would be on the Universe if it were to fly today?
Part 3) Which famous character from the book could you best be described as and why?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)